Re: WC's Best Workers Of the Late 2010s

Styles was in KOT??

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Styles was in KOT??
    Yes, he made the final with The Young Bucks as Bullet Club in 2015.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

With The Young Bucks, yes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

AJ Styles versus Chikara’s ropes has been Chikara’s best feud since the relaunch.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Looking over the female workers on the nominations list so far, and man, I may end up going Trump-style and not voting for any of them. Even the ones I like the most have glaring flaws to me and I think I'd struggle calling them better than say a Oney Lorcan or Mike Bailey or Jon Gresham or whoever. Guess it will depend how these last 6 months play out but the ones I'd have on the bubble are Charlotte, Asuka, Baszler, Shirai and Rousey. Ember Moon is probably my favourite female worker going but even if her vs Bayley is a slam dunk at Summerslam I'm not sure there's enough of a run there for me to justify voting for her.

Relentless Admin

Status

I'll have to have Asuka on there. I can't very well say I'll vote for Shibata for being a wrestler for only half this time, and then Asuka who had maybe the best title reign of anyone of any gender during this time period I leave off because her 2019 has stunk and really she's been misused since NXT. Meiko, Kairi and Io will be on too, and then I can see me trying to find room for Sasha, Charlotte and Tessa but maybe the competition will be too strong.

This time period has been dominated by a rise in womens wrestling, especially my own personal enjoyment of womens wrestling compared to what I used to be like before the 4HW came along. Would feel wrong to put in a list that didn't have any women on.
    Last edited by Ed; 07-17-2019 at 04:13 PM.

WAKE UP

Status

Was Asuka's reign really that good though? I thought the matches against Nia, Bayley and the multi-person matches were all fun enough but largely forgettable. Can't remember a single thing about the Mickie James match. It was only the Ember matches that were really that great I'd say, and even then we never got a proper conclusion to it.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Asuka is a lock for my list. Probably the only female at this point for me, but she is always entertaining to me, even during her NXT title reign where she had to carry some pretty average workers to something good. Apart from the Carmella series she's not done anything I dislike (and I wouldn't blame Asuka for that), and everything else she's done I've enjoyed.

Fwiw, I thought the Nia and Bayley matches from her NXT title reign were borderline great. Especially the second Bayley match.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

I'm also going to give Asuka strong consideration, along with Charlotte, though her last 6 months have done a number on her pedigree. I've been trying to pin down the top Joshi girls so that I can see if they have a case as well. I think I'm actually going to try to list out all the candidates tonight and start ordering them and narrowing down my top picks.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Asuka and Charlotte are definite locks for me. Probably Meiko too.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Was Asuka's reign really that good though? I thought the matches against Nia, Bayley and the multi-person matches were all fun enough but largely forgettable. Can't remember a single thing about the Mickie James match. It was only the Ember matches that were really that great I'd say, and even then we never got a proper conclusion to it.
    It really was that good. I think both Bayley matches are great, both Ember matches are great, the Nikki Cross LWS match is great, Nia match was really good for Nia's experience level, Mickie James match is probably the most unique NXT womens title match ever. Then you add in all the tv squash matches that were fun to watch, the teases of heel turns and the unbeatable aura she had, and for me it's one of the most entertaining title reigns of this title period.

Like Shock says too, even in the main roster run, the majority of what she's done is enjoyable outside of losing to Carmella twice.
    Last edited by Ed; 07-18-2019 at 02:25 AM.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

The more I think about Charlotte as a candidate the more I sour on her. She has higher highs than most of the others but I'd like to see more good matches with less capable talent.

Shock Reviews Archive

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It really was that good. I think both Bayley matches are great, both Ember matches are great, the Nikki Cross LWS match is great, Nia match was really good for Nia's experience level, Mickie James match is probably the most unique NXT womens title match ever. Then you add in all the tv squash matches that were fun to watch, the teases of heel turns and the unbeatable aura she had, and for me it's one of the most entertaining title reigns of this title period.

Like Shock says too, even in the main roster run, the majority of what she's done is enjoyable outside of losing to Carmella twice.
    Re watched the Nikki match and thought it was pretty paint-by-numbers (which is actually made me thinking about the female nominations), but maybe the Bayley and Mickie matches are due a rewatch and I'll make another judgement then.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I've drafted up my initial list for this and in terms of women I've got Asuka as a lock. No Joshi women as it's one of the area's I haven't looked into too much yet.

So far I feel pretty confident that I can make a decent list as I've been watching a whole bunch of stuff. It's actually pretty evenly spread between WWE, NJPW and indie guys. Without looking at it right now, I've got 10-12 locks for WWE, around 12 for NJPW and then the rest is up for grabs.

Number 1 is really really difficult. I don't think there's a clear choice because all the big hitters have some down periods. Still leaning towards AJ, and I'm certain he'll win outright, but I dunno.

Shock Reviews Archive

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    So far I feel pretty confident that I can make a decent list as I've been watching a whole bunch of stuff. It's actually pretty evenly spread between WWE, NJPW and indie guys. Without looking at it right now, I've got 10-12 locks for WWE, around 12 for NJPW and then the rest is up for grabs.
    Was surprised to hear you say you've got an even split WWE/NJPW/Indies so far for your draft given you haven't talked too much about NJPW wrestlers in this project and WWE has a lot of ground to cover when you include NXT.

Number 1 is really really difficult. I don't think there's a clear choice because all the big hitters have some down periods. Still leaning towards AJ, and I'm certain he'll win outright, but I dunno.
    Yeah this is much tougher than wrestler of the year because some wrestlers can kill it for the majority of 12 months but almost no wrestler is going to kill it for the majority of 60 months because of the strain on the body and booking opportunities. I do think this decade has been dominated by '15 minutes/months of fame' wrestlers who can turn into stars/highly rated wrestlers very quickly but then it doesn't sustain for multiple reasons when you look at them, you're nowhere close to 5 years of good work. People that spring to mind here are the likes of Sasha Banks, Kenny Omega, Pete Dunne, Marty Scurll, Tetsuya Naito, Shayna Baszler and many others. I really think there are very few wrestlers who are top 10 contenders for this, I'll probably just be picking from a pool of 15 names tops.

Thinking about who I'd have as wrestler of the years during this time

2015 - AJ Styles
    2016 - AJ Styles just pipping Chris Hero
    2017 - Walter
    2018 - Walter
    2019 - Will Ospreay

And I would throw in the name Ishii because he's almost always in the top 3 every year, I just cannot see me pulling the trigger on him being #1 because he lacks versatility and growth, he's essentially the same wrestler in 2015 as he is in 2019.

Gun to my head, I'm probably going to go with Walter at #1.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Was surprised to hear you say you've got an even split WWE/NJPW/Indies so far for your draft given you haven't talked too much about NJPW wrestlers in this project and WWE has a lot of ground to cover when you include NXT.

I've been steadily catching up on my blind spots over the last few months. Not had a great chance to post over the past few months (in general unfortunately), but I've seen enough of certain guys to know that I want to place them somewhere.

Shock Reviews Archive

WAKE UP

Status

Feel like my Top 3 are set in stone at this point unless the next 6 months are crazy. Rest of the Top 20 could be very fluid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information