Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Days of: Randy Orton

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: 30 Days of: Randy Orton

Day 22:

Street Fight – Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton – SmackDown, 4th November 2011

Cody Rhodes was a pretty unlikely success story in 2010 and 2011. WWE seemingly had little interest in him during Legacy, and in the minds of fans and WWE alike, he was like the bastard stepchild of the group. Following the breakup, Ted DiBiase Jr was handed his dad’s gimmick, which failed miserably. Cody was handed a gimmick that could have failed miserably, but because of Rhodes’ dedication and natural charisma it ended up being a highlight of 2010. And I really enjoyed the un-Dashing Cody Rhodes too. By the time this match came along, Rhodes was the top heel midcarder on SmackDown. I can’t for the life of me remember what started the Orton vs Rhodes feud in 2011, other than Rhodes putting a bag on Orton's head randomly after a match, and this is the culmination of that storyline (about a month long feud). There was also a memorable SmackDown where Orton busted Cody open hard way, which in a PG era of WWE could have been something special because it was pretty brutal looking.

I think this shows the difference in WWE’s attitude to midcard titles then and now. If this feud happened today, the Intercontinental Title, currently held by Rhodes, would have been a factor. However in this feud back then, Orton literally said at one point that he didn’t want the title.

I enjoyed this a fair bit. I felt like Orton sold well for Rhodes and made him look like a threat. Despite that they never managed to make me believe Rhodes would win. I liked how this felt like a proper street fight. It had a rough opening where they did a few holds but it was about thirty seconds of the match before they made their way outside and started brawling. The brawling was really engaging. I thought Rhodes did a great job of making his offence look vicious and deliberate, and I enjoyed that he targeted Orton’s face and head for much of the match. Of course the commentators would miss it, but I liked it. Rhodes takes control later in the match and targets Orton’s leg, and once again I have to credit the selling of Randy Orton through it, particularly in the figure four. In another world where this was a bigger feud, this would be a memorable blow off match that people would look back on more fondly and might have done a lot more for Rhodes’ career. But because this was a pretty forgettable filler feud for Orton late in 2011 that was done and gone within a month, that isn’t the case.

I think Orton is terrific in this match particularly his selling and facial expressions. My favourite part is right at the end where he hits the draping DDT on the floor. He sells the pain, but he’s smiling his ass off too because he’s a sadistic fuck and wants to hurt Rhodes.

Orton had a fair few really fun no DQ matches during this time period, like against Sheamus, Kane, and CM Punk to name a few. Those matches all featured a lot of plunder wfull of kendo sticks, table spots, etc. This match is unique in that there’s only one weapon used in the whole match (Rhodes’ face mask). I found that made the match a lot more enjoyable and makes the match feel like more thought went into it. Everything else is relying on brawling and two guys feeling like they're in a fight.

If I recall this is also the end of the Cody Rhodes un-Dashing gimmick, which I suppose makes it a bit worse that it didn’t get the feud leading into it.

***1/2

Tomorrow, another terrific TV match, this time featuring a guy who Orton always had his best matches with away from their PPV matches.

RKO Of The Day:

Last edited by Shock; 01-05-2019 at 05:32 PM.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Daniel Bryan?
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Boy, I remember those days when people spoke fondly of Cody's in ring ability Think this was Orton's recovery feud after losing the WHT to Mark Henry, but yeah it sucked that the IC title literally didn't matter a jolt in it.

That's a sweet RKO I don't remember

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Boy, I remember those days when people spoke fondly of Cody's in ring ability Think this was Orton's recovery feud after losing the WHT to Mark Henry, but yeah it sucked that the IC title literally didn't matter a jolt in it.

That's a sweet RKO I don't remember

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    At least as far as WWE was concerned, Cody was a good, if unspectacular wrestler. He had a really good series with Mysterio and the Shield matches so he was capable of great stuff with the right opponent.

Cody's biggest strength will always be his character and mic work rather than his in-ring ability.

I love the Del Rio RKO because it feels so natural (as it's a move Del Rio did all the time and it was done so smoothly).

Shock Reviews Archive

The time period of this match and Randy Orton in general played a big role in my WWE viewings. At the time, I was DVRing Smackdown every week and it got to the point where I just gave up. It seemed like every week I was fast forwarding through more and more without much to be excited about. Sure, Orton was having fine matches with the likes of Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, and Cody Rhodes, but it was just that - fine. IIRC, this was the point where Orton was having a lot of matches with whichever was the IC Champion, and during one such segment, he just sorta tossed the IC Title out of the ring, as if he didn't care about the title. Obviously Daniel Bryan was still fun to watch, but before the end of the year, I gave up watching weeklies entirely. I believe I went most of 2012 without watching any current WWE other than WM 28.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The time period of this match and Randy Orton in general played a big role in my WWE viewings. At the time, I was DVRing Smackdown every week and it got to the point where I just gave up. It seemed like every week I was fast forwarding through more and more without much to be excited about. Sure, Orton was having fine matches with the likes of Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, and Cody Rhodes, but it was just that - fine. IIRC, this was the point where Orton was having a lot of matches with whichever was the IC Champion, and during one such segment, he just sorta tossed the IC Title out of the ring, as if he didn't care about the title. Obviously Daniel Bryan was still fun to watch, but before the end of the year, I gave up watching weeklies entirely. I believe I went most of 2012 without watching any current WWE other than WM 28.
    Could a reason for that also be how the brand split was handled? From 2011-2013 the brand split basically didn't exist thanks to Raw Supershow, which made SmackDown just an inferior brand with nothing that you needed to watch because you would see it on Raw anyway. Do I need to watch SmackDown to see the Randy Orton storyline when I could wait until Monday and also see John Cena on the same show? There was no reason to watch SmackDown from the start of Raw Supershow until 2016 (apart from to watch some decent matches).

Shock Reviews Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Could a reason for that also be how the brand split was handled? From 2011-2013 the brand split basically didn't exist thanks to Raw Supershow, which made SmackDown just an inferior brand with nothing that you needed to watch because you would see it on Raw anyway. Do I need to watch SmackDown to see the Randy Orton storyline when I could wait until Monday and also see John Cena on the same show? There was no reason to watch SmackDown from the start of Raw Supershow until 2016 (apart from to watch some decent matches).
    Nah. I feel like at the time in late 2011, the brand split was still fairly firm. I know by 2012, everyone was on every show, but if you wanted to see the main SD guys of Bryan, Henry, Show, and Orton in late 2011, you had to watch SD since they would rarely be on Raw. However, at that time, I had already given up on Raw, so SD was all I was bothering to watch, so when I gave up on it, that was it.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Day 23

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton – Raw, 16th December 2013

Despite wrestling each other for a lot of the final quarter of 2013, these two never clicked for me on pay-per-view. The matches weren’t bad by any means but they never quite hit the level they had shown in their superb extreme rules match prior to Money in the Bank. Fresh off winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in a TLC match against John Cena, Orton wrestles in this non-title match against the newly crowned Superstar of the Year, Daniel Bryan. Orton goes into the match pissed off that he isn't getting any respect from anyone - not even the Authority. Spoiled entitled brat Randy Orton is a pretty underrated time for him as a character, I find.

This match is really really awesome and my favourite match of theirs. The story of the match is all about the limb work from both of them (in particular Orton to Bryan). Bryan targets the left leg of Orton which makes up much of the first part of the match, and Orton responds by going for Bryan’s arm and shoulder which makes up the bulk of the contest.

One of the things I love the most about this is the selling from both of them. It feels quite old school with some incredible audible selling from both. Watch as Orton screams “no no no, not again” when Bryan is about to rip apart his knee. Watch how he shouts “Jesus!” when Bryan returns to the leg. Bryan is just as good at the audible selling as he screams in pain at the assault on his arm. The leg work is left behind for a long stretch of the match while Orton starts destroying Bryan, but that doesn’t bother me.

Everything about this match just clicked with me. The strikes from both of them were on point, which isn’t a surprise for Bryan but for Orton he laid them in just as well. This feels like motivated and pissed off (in storyline, which translated to the match) Randy Orton. This is a key example of when Orton is fucking good. See, he’s slow on offence here like he is in most of his matches as a heel, but it doesn’t matter because his offence is interesting and looks really nasty. Bryan at this point was capable of having a good match with just about anything or anyone. He’s one of the best babyface wrestlers ever for a reason, and his hope spots and comeback were on point. When you have a wrestler who couldn’t do a thing wrong at this time against a motivated Randy Orton giving his best, you get something special. I see Orton at this point similar to the way guys like myself and Jim see Shawn Michaels - he's frustrating to watch because he can be so good and we know it, so when he isn't it's annoying.

Bryan’s just awesome though. He doesn’t stop selling through his comeback and even when he’s doing his comeback he’s still constantly selling his arm.

Orton was so good here, probably his best performance on the list along with the Rey match from No Way Out 2006 (it's a similar sort of performance). When Bryan is about to skin the cat, he just stands there looking at him and kicks him while he’s upside down. The referee goes “let him in the ring”, so Orton says “let him in the ring?” and does the draping DDT to him. Incredible. Orton was great at generating heat with the crowd here. The two of them did in fact and they had the crowd in the palm of their hands from the first bell. Bryan’s comeback is so fantastic and his last rally in the match has the crowd going mental. Orton, getting his ass kicked and thrown around ringside decides “fuck this” and just low blows Bryan for the DQ finish. It didn’t even feel like a shitty finish because first of all it’s a TV match, and it would really really suck if you got a lame DQ finish for a good match on PPV. Plus the DQ finish felt natural because Orton was getting massacred by Bryan in those last couple of minutes.

The other thing I like about this is the pacing of the match. These two hate one another, but the match never feels like a brawl because they’re both good wrestlers and they know that they can tear the other apart through great submissions and limb work. But even through the wrestling and hold trading, you can feel intensity and animosity between them. The pacing is excellent as the match has a steady start that is still engaging for the reasons above, before bursting into life for Bryan’s comebacks.

Amazing, amazing match. Definitely one of my favourites in the series and a match I wish I’d gone back on when I did my 100 Greatest WWE Matches list because it would have certainly been listoworthy. Between this, their extreme rules match earlier in 2013, and the Raw match in February 2014, these two had a string of awesome TV matches that for one Big reason or another didn’t translate to their PPV matches.

****1/4

Tomorrow, Orton claims his first title in WWE.

RKO Of The Day:

(poor Randy ...)

Shock Reviews Archive

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Great match. Both played their roles perfectly, Orton was a nasty heel cutting Bryan off at every turn, working on the arm rather viciously by throwing it into the post at one point and stomping on it. Bryan's selling was really good and whilst there was a few times where it could've been better (like when he threw Orton into the barricade with his injured arm), it was mostly good from Bryan. Bryan's comebacks at the end was awesome Crowd was into it too, and everything was well done.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads
    General Discussion - NJPW The New Beginnings Tour 2019 - Beginners Guide To New Japan - NJPW Year-To-Year MOTY's

"You're not fighting the odds, Eddie. You're fighting me"

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Day 24:

Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Randy Orton – Armageddon 2003

You know what I miss? PPV themes that were always used with a specific event, like No Mercy’s “No Mercy” or Armageddon’s “The End Is Near”.

If there was any doubt that WWE were all in on a Randy Orton push, look at who he faced on PPV in 2003. First PPV appearance was at Summerslam 2003 in the Elimination Chamber for the WHC against Chris Jericho, Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels and Triple H. His second PPV match was a victory over Shawn Michaels at Unforgiven. Third he was the sole survivor in the big Bischoff vs Austin Survivor Series match that cost Austin his job as Raw GM. And here he is facing Rob Van Dam for the Intercontinental Championship. That’s not even mentioning that he was put into a stable with the main guy on Raw in Evolution. That is a lot of trust to put in a then-23-year-old talent, but there was no doubt that there was something there with Orton. He grasped the idea of how to be a scumbag, douchebag heel very quickly. As long as he was a competent wrestler he was always going to be pushed to the moon.

Mick Foley is the special referee for this match, as part of the long (and incredible) build up to their match. Opening sequence of the match is very good to kick off the match. I’ve mentioned this a few times before, but RVD is so much fun to watch in moderation. When you watch him every week then his stuff got old quickly, but when you watch his matches sparingly the guy is loads of fun to watch and he’s a wrestler I’ve really come around on over the past few years looking back on him. As a result I found the match enjoyable while RVD was on offence and I liked his selling for Orton’s offence too. There’s nothing too interesting about Orton’s offence but I did enjoy his interactions with Foley and trying to wind him up. That said he did suck a fair bit of the energy out of the match at times and you can see that he wasn't there as a wrestler yet - but he would improve a lot over the next year. Once RVD starts to make his comeback the match livens up again. Orton hits his draping DDT which I don’t think he put into his usual repertoire again until the end of the Legend Killer gimmick. I remember this DDT in particular being on every hype package for Orton for years because of how well RVD bumped for it. In the end Randy Orton picks up a clean victory following a vicious looking RKO (RVD always bumped incredibly for the RKO).

Decent but unspectacular match, but an important one for Orton’s career and kicks off a good IC Title reign for him.

I mentioned it earlier but I thought the Orton push in 2003 into 2004 felt pretty natural, and he was one of the highlights of Raw. He might not have been the best wrestler at this point (not bad by any means), but he was a fresh face on a brand that desperately needed freshened up, and he was involved in maybe my favourite feud ever against Foley.

**3/4

Tomorrow, the most anticipated matches of the countdown?

RKO Of The Day:

Shock Reviews Archive

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

I remember watching that Armageddon PPV on dvd with my brother about 13 years ago. I still remember how he pointed out that Foley had a look of regret when he made the 3 count that gave Orton the win.

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

That looks about as dumb as The Rock selling a Stunner.

Spoiler:

Chilled Out Entertainer

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Most anticipated matches of the countdown? I thought we already had the week of Cena matches?

Spoiler:

BEING THE BOOKER

The Planet's Admin

Status

The Bryan/Orton TV matches were terrific, I think after Christian, Bryan is my favourite opponent for Orton. Then again I could say that about a lot of people. I think their extreme rules match is my favourite where Bryan's got the kendo stick in the Yes lock.

I've got no memory of Orton/RVD.

My guess for the next set of matches has to be the Bray Wyatt feud, there's no way you aren't reviewing house of horrors.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Early post for tomorrow's entry since I have work early tomorrow.

Day 25:

WWE Championship: Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton – Wrestlemania 33

Oh boy ... If you like Bray Wyatt, I’d recommend you please close the tab.

In late 2016, Randy Orton joined the Wyatt Family in an attempt to tear them apart from within. They had been feuding shortly before that. In fairness to this (and this is one of the few positives I will have to say in this entry so treasure this moment), the story of Orton joining the Wyatt family was pretty decent in fairness and it led to Orton finally becoming a triple crown champion when they picked up the tag titles by beating Heath Slater and Rhyno in perhaps the most bizarre sounding PPV match ever. The good storytelling ended shortly after Randy Orton won the 2017 Royal Rumble. Unlike other Rumble wins, that was one of the more random and unexpected wins ever as Orton and this feud had zero momentum going into it. Sort of similar to his Money in the Bank win in 2013. After winning the Rumble, Orton decided he didn’t want to face Bray at Wrestlemania, which led to Wyatt letting Orton into the Wyatt complex. Which didn’t end so well for Wyatt...

We should have known this match wasn’t going to be a success thanks to Orton’s sperm ramp that looks like a Windows 95 screen saver. I wish I could say that this was the worst part of this whole thing.

This match sucks, of course it does. Orton doesn’t give a shit, and Wyatt is a fucking awful wrestler (“but he had a great match with Daniel Bryan once so he’s definitely good, guys”). This match wasn’t just bad because of what was to come, it was bad because these two are bad. Look at their No Mercy 2016 match for reference of what they were (or were not) capable of without any stupidity. I’m not one to complain about moves, but there is literally about ten moves in this whole match and there is huge blank parts in the match. Bray Wyatt is just the worst. He hits a move and just stalls, and stalls, and stalls. It’s a problem in almost every Wyatt match. See also his Cena match from Wrestlemania where he would go minutes without doing anything. I mean, FFS he hits a Sister Abigail on the outside to the barricade and gets zero reaction because he hasn’t worked for it. He’s just hitting a move, stalling, looking around. It’s not even master storytelling like Wyatt sympathisers would tell you. It’s just him being a bad wrestler who doesn’t know about flow or structure to a match. Watching him here is like watching Scott Steiner at the 2003 Royal Rumble. He’s a lost little puppy who doesn’t know how to wrestle an engaging match or control a match. The only difference between him and Steiner is that Steiner got winded and botched every move he did. Wyatt didn’t do enough shit to get winded from.

The big thing for his match is Bray Wyatt has spooky powers. And those spooky powers are telling the production guys to put projections of bugs, maggots and cockroaches on the canvas. Orton is mildly put off by it the first time, but like every sane person would be – he sees that it’s just a projection and no sells it. What a genius master manipulator Bray Wyatt is. That leads to a really funny finish where Wyatt does the projection for a third time, despite it doing nothing the first two times. Orton, like a sane human being and not a fucking cartoon character, basically says “fuck this” and just RKOs Wyatt for the victory. People tout that Wyatt should be the next Undertaker and do all the spooky shit, but they don’t realise that Undertaker is one of the only guys that made the whole supernatural stuff even somewhat tolerable (and even then I hated it 99% of the time and thought it was stupid). The list of guys that have tried supernatural stuff and sucked ass is far far longer, and Bray Wyatt comfortably sits on that list. He’s not so much the next Undertaker but rather the next Boogeyman if he’s lucky. The only saving grace of this monstrosity is that it kills Wyatt’s credibility as a scary threat or a main event wrestler. The miserable one month reign of Wyatt is over, and hopefully we never see it ever again.

This is in my mind the worst world title match in Wrestlemania history. Even for something like HHH vs Orton, I can think of something somewhat positive to say. For example, it at least had a logical story. It might have been boring, and horrendously executed and worked, but at least the idea of “HHH can’t let himself lose control of emotions” is a coherent story. And I don't think that they didn't give a shit like Orton did here. Orton is obviously a wrestler that deals with motivation issues and I think that being stuck in this storyline and having to wrestle Bray Wyatt in a match that Orton later described as "really stupid" would hurt anyone's motivation, nevermind a guy like Orton.

This had nothing redeeming to it. It had no flow. It had a stupid-ass gimmick that got barely any reaction after the initial shock and did nothing to further the story. It competes with HHH vs Orton, HHH vs Jericho for the most heatless WWE Title match in Wrestlemania history. Hideous match and everyone involved should be ashamed.

DUD

Later today ... you all know what’s coming.

RKO Of The Day:

Shock Reviews Archive

The Planet's Admin

Status

I love this feud, it's pure wrestlecrap. I have never lost my focus for a Wrestlemania match by laughing so hard quite like the first projection of Bray's magic on the mat. I had to go back and watch the finish again to see if it's as hilarious as I remember, Orton didn't give a fuck It's amazing SD Live managed to salvage Bray after losing feud after feud to become WWE Champion and not long after he's completely done as a relevant act after this feud.

In pure kayfabe, how is Orton supposed to react anyhow? The first time, I can see it as being a means of just distracting Orton. I know if I was in the ring and some weird images were being projected onto the mat, I would lose my concentration for a moment in confusion. If it was just done one time at the very end as a funky variation of the distraction leading to a finish, fine. I may be mistaken, but I feel like once or twice, Orton was on the mat selling, so he didn't even see the projection anyways.

It's Wrestlemania and the WWE World Title. Some of the biggest matches in WWE history has taken place at this show for this title. Hogan slamming Andre. Warrior celebrating with the IC and World Titles. The boyhood dream coming true. Austin aligning himself with McMahon. The Yes! Movement. Maggots projected onto the mat? WTF

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Bonus Match:

House of Horrors – Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton – Payback 2017

I don’t know if I can do this justice, but I’ll give it a shot.

After losing the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania, Bray Wyatt was drafted over to Monday Night Raw. But the feud must continue, or at least be resolved. Orton meanwhile had already begun his next feud with the new number one contender Jinder Mahal. Wyatt challenged Orton to this match in his House of Horrors.

This match is a masterpiece. Of a sorts, anyway. Wrestling perfection. Or maybe the complete opposite. Something that lives by the motto, if you’re going to do something wrong, do it right. You can't half ass something this stupid, you need to go all in on it. As a fan of really shitty horror films, this ranks right up there with them. A lot of people have compared it to the Final Deletion and I can somewhat see that, but that was far more absurd than this. This tried to keep it serious tonally, even if the production and effects were over the top. I never once felt like the characters of Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton weren’t completely serious, unlike the Final Deletion. And that makes this even more hilarious that they try and play it totally straight.

We start with Orton getting a lift to Bray Wyatt’s House of Horrors. Just casually sitting there shirtless (at least he’s wearing trousers for once), and then the limo opens its own door. “What the hell?” says Randy. This is followed by a tractor driving itself across the lawn, and Randy Orton makes pretty much the same face I make through this whole match the first time I saw it.

The production for this match is incredible. It’s taken right out of the Saw playbook with flashing images and bizarre obnoxious camera cuts. And as a fan of the Saw franchise, I am extremely warmed by this. Speaking of, this takes every single shitty horror film trope ever. Cobwebs, spiders, dolls hanging from the ceiling. You name it, it’s got it. Which begs the question, why does Bray Wyatt have dolls impaled and hanging from the ceiling in his house? Whoever did the music for this match needs a fucking award for this too because it’s magnificent. I think it’s my favourite part of the whole thing, and is very well done (I say this unironically).

The house part ends with Bray Wyatt trying to commit murder with a refrigerator. Unfortunately for Bray, his fridge is very clearly hollow and weightless as it bounces off of Orton. Fridges don’t bounce, WWE. Bray steps outside and shows off his fantastic new projector again – this time by turning the side of the house from blue to red. Seriously did he get one for Christmas and used the Orton matches as a chance to show it off? Bray Wyatt decides now is a good time to leave for the arena by himself, despite the fact that he needs to pin Orton in the ring. It seems that Wyatt is as shit a wrestler in kayfabe as he is in real life. The commentators do eventually cover for this by saying that you can win by forfeit – that would have been handy to know before the match.

Now, where is the house of horrors? Who knows. It’s certainly not in California where this show is taking place because it is pitch black outside despite this show taking place during daylight hours. And honestly, if the House of Horrors is in California then Bray needs to take better care of his house because that shit will probably be worth a couple of million dollars if it’s a California house with windows. So I’m going with the assumption that they’re not on the West Coast, which makes it impressive that they managed to get back to the match in the space of one 20 minute Seth Rollins match (though I suppose that is enough to bend time to make it seem like several hours have passed). I can understand how Wyatt could have gotten to the arena, because he can teleport or some nonsense but even he took the limo back. But did Orton learn teleportation powers during the Wyatt family too? And if so, why did we never see a teleport RKO?

Anyway they get back to the arena and Bray Wyatt picks up his lantern from somewhere for his entrance, possibly because it's the only part of this character that is even worthwhile anymore. Randy Orton, despite having a refrigerator dropped on him, is absolutely fine and interrupts Bray’s entrance by teleporting to the ring. To make matters even better, the Singh Brothers and Jinder Mahal interfere and Bray Wyatt still nearly loses What a pleb. The fact that this seven month feud slow built feud that was a world title match at Wrestlemania ended with Jinder Mahal standing tall is absolutely hilarious to me. And I won’t resist the opportunity to slate Jinder Mahal either. He had one job in this match and that was to hit Orton with a title belt, and even that looked like shit.

This is something you are either going to love or hate. As a connoisseur of terrible wrestling, I think this is just about the most amazing thing ever, but I totally get if anyone does hate it. Me? I love this. As if I’m going to give this any other rating but this. This is the pinnacle of Wrestlecrap in the WWE and a match I have watched far more times than I care to admit.

Tomorrow, WWE really likes to look after its wrestlers in the aftermath of the Benoit tragedy. Except when they don’t.

Shock Reviews Archive

The Planet's Admin

Status

That's your best review ever Shock.

House of horrors is what makes the Bray/Orton feud a worthwhile part of 2017 wrestling, I'm very glad it exists for all the wrong reasons, it is way more entertaining than the last 6 months of Monday Night Raw for example because I want to watch it. I was laughing the entire way through, it was Final Deletion with no effort to add comedy, the comedy is in how serious they took everything.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

You forgot how Orton stopped to shave on his way to the ring We need more things like this on weekly shows to make them must watch.
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Thread Information