Thread: WWE Survivor Series 2018 - Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy vs Mustafa Ali

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Survivor Series WWE Survivor Series 2018 - Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy vs Mustafa Ali

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    At Survivor Series, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy will face his first major challenger – The Heart of WWE 205 Live, Mustafa Ali.

At WWE Super Show-Down Buddy Murphy defied all expectations, winning the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in his hometown of Melbourne, Australia and handing Cedric Alexander his first defeat of 2018. With Alexander not performing to WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick’s standards in the aftermath of his loss, Murphy’s training partner Tony Nese and Ali faced off to determine who would challenge The Juggernaut. Pushing himself to his physical limits, Ali defeated The Premier Athlete and earned the opportunity to challenge for the title.

The WWE Universe is certainly in for a treat, as Ali and Murphy have battled each other before, including when they met in a wild No Disqualification Match that WWE.com ranked as the best bout in the first 100 episodes of WWE 205 Live.

Can The Heart of WWE 205 Live defeat Murphy once again and claim the WWE Cruiserweight Championship, or will Murphy prove he is truly the best Cruiserweight in the world? Find out at WWE Survivor Series on Sunday, Nov. 18, at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Ghana

Re: WWE Survivor Series 2018 - Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy vs Mustafa Ali

Buddy Murphy retains the title here I am calling it now

On Vacation

Status

Re: WWE Survivor Series 2018 - Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy vs Mustafa Ali

I hope its Mustafa Ali. He deserves way more than jobbing to every CW champion

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Both dudes are some of the best performers on not just 205 Live but the main roster as a whole, and I expect this to be easily match of the night.

It's a rare situation where I'll be delighted with whoever wins, Ali or Buddy.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

There is a chance that Buddy isn't supposed to have a lengthy reign here and they just gave him the win in Australia as he's one of the few Australian wrestlers they have. I always thought Ali was the one being built up to and showcased enough to beat Cederic for the title, so maybe he will win here. My instincts say Buddy steals a win and they rematch on an episode of 205 Live.

Either way, this should be great stuff. These two have tremendous chemistry with one another.

Indy Talent

Status

Buddy Murphy I think they will give him a lengthy reign with the belt and why? For the simple reason that they want to build the WWE Cruiserweight Championship back up and what better way to do that than by Murphy beating Ali to retain and then take on all comers

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Gyimah View Post
    Buddy Murphy I think they will give him a lengthy reign with the belt and why? For the simple reason that they want to build the WWE Cruiserweight Championship back up and what better way to do that than by Murphy beating Ali to retain and then take on all comers
    Literally the same could be said about Ali as champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

The title took a hit with Alexander as the champ?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Indy Talent

Status

Yeah it did but at least with Murphy they can build it back up

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    There is a chance that Buddy isn't supposed to have a lengthy reign here and they just gave him the win in Australia as he's one of the few Australian wrestlers they have. I always thought Ali was the one being built up to and showcased enough to beat Cederic for the title, so maybe he will win here. My instincts say Buddy steals a win and they rematch on an episode of 205 Live.

Either way, this should be great stuff. These two have tremendous chemistry with one another.
    I'd go wit this however i'd say we'll see the rematch at TLC.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Curtain Jerker

Status

I don't mind, I actually like Murphy, but its clear Ali has been built up to be the star....
    As far as the "champion taking on all comers" theory... isn't that what they were trying to do with Alexander all this time?.. I think a long term building of the prestige of the cruiserweight can only happen if they bring the title to Raw or Smackdown and have guys like Balor, Zayn and Mysterio battle for it.... Lio Rush is possibly a step towards that, pure speculation of course, but I'm getting off topic.
    I don't know who will win here, but I'm not expecting a lengthy title reign from Buddy, (or from Mustafa if I'm being honest) but I DO expect Ali to win at some point - if only so they can put former champion on his resume, he deserves as much... Survivor series seems like a good opportunity for that, unless they feel the need to continue the angle on 205..
    so yeah, I basically just agree with what Ed said, Murphy only really got the gold to pop the Melbourne crowd, a good option for champ don't get me wrong but I will say Ali wins it off him, and soon.

Indy Talent

Status

I think Buddy wins here setting up a rematch at TLC and Ali getting the win at TLC

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

This match is a toss up, and you know what? Who cares. Both guys are awesome so it's a win-win situation as far as who walks out as champ here.

Ali should have won the title at Mania IMO. At this point I kind of hope they have Murphy retain here and then rebuild Ali towards winning at next years Mania.

Established Veteran

Status

This should be a very good match. Haven’t been following 205 LIVE for a few months. Ali’s time has to come eventually, don’t think it’s going to happen tonight. Expecting Murphy to retain.

Thread Information