Thread: Announcement

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Announcement

So, as you all know, Aftershock was delayed for quite some time and there's obviously a few explanations for that. Jiggy had his dental issue, I had work and Sayer was ill. But I decided that this show was also going to be my last as part of the FWA. I'm going to try and keep it short.

When I told Jiggy and Sayer, they needed time to start figuring things out. I know it's quite selfish of me to do so but it was better than telling them after Aftershock and giving them even less time to figure things out. I had been thinking about it alot over the last 3 or so months. There's a few factors that have really played into this and most of it involves my personal life. Around this time last year, i accepted a new job role that pretty much curtails alot of time to get shit done. Add on to that, earlier this year, I had a relative pass away that sort of changed the family dynamic - again sapping my time. It's at the point where the FWA is starting to become something that I just don't have the time for anymore now that real life is kicking my ass. I feel I'm not even going to be able to be a proper mod either or have the time to promo frequently. And I think the FWA deserves better, at the end of the day. There needs to be a mod team where every member has the time and commitment for the FWA and I just don't have that anymore.

Originally, I had intended on stepping down after next Back in Business... but this show cycle made me realise I won't last that long. The drive is gone. And I suppose that's what being head mod does to you eventually. It just goes. It's not exactly a fun role in my eyes... but there are/was some great times with it. I think that's more of a testament to how fun the FWA can be at times as well. No way do I think the FWA "isn't" fun but I think I've had my fair share of it now. There needs to be someone new in charge who can perhaps bring about more passion in the section again. But like I said, there's always negatives to it. It's difficult trying to keep everyone happy or trying to deal with situations in which people are unhappy. Always tried my best though, for sure. Honestly, any FWA stuff was never personal.

But, yes, Sayer and Jiggy will make an announcement of their own and what they're doing. I know they have already been in contact with a new addition to the mod team. I want to stress that I'm not leaving on bad terms or anything like that either.

I'll likely be here and there sometimes on the site and try to check in now and again. I've no idea how long I've been a part of the FWA but it's been a long ass time. I made a lot of friends here - I won't turn this into a massive shoutout - and I won't forget that. It's been an absolute pleasure. But, onwards and upwards...

Cheers guys

Edit: I should add that I've passed the head status to Jiggy. As someone who ran the FWA before I did, I think he has the experience and knowhow in order to get the FWA back on the up and up. I already know he has a solid team behind him. Best of luck, bros.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 11-08-2018 at 04:58 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Man

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Announcement

As someone that’s been in your shoes I understand where you’re coming from. You’ll still be around the forum, but you’ll be missed here in FWA. All the best to you Shake, cheers.

Congrats to Jiggy on the promotion, you’ll do great.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

I'll make a longer post on this tomorrow.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

As will I. Been a long day and I want to get this right. Too tired and I dont wanna rush it.

Hail To The King

Status

Thanks Rain for all your hard work I know stuff can get stressful but ty for all work

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

I haven't forgotten. Just worked alot this weekend. Freakin retail sucks this time of year. Post up tomorrow.

Thread Information