Thread: The Impact! of Heartbreak

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Impact! of Heartbreak

BREAKING! BREAKING! BREAKING!

No matter where you look, the wrestling world is currently buzzing. Whether you're checking out the wrestling observer, pwinsider, wrestlezone, reddit, twitter, facebook, you name it, there's only one thing that everybody and their wrestling moms are talking about. As you can expect, the resilient naysayers won't be stopped regardless of what Impact Wrestling does BUT hardcore fans and haters alike both have one thing in common right now... FLASHBACKS. Flashbacks to the slow, brutal downfall of a company they once enjoy on a week to week basis once it was entrusted to Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. Shawn didn't keep quiet very long as he was followed and targeted by TMZ quite heavily. When the hard hitting question was asked, what would differ Shawn's regime for that of Hogan and Bischoff's, Shawn had this to say:

"Look, I get it... I've done some things in wrestling, some bad things... but I've also done a lot of great things and I'm happy to say that it was in the second half of my career. I have no ill-intent, I love this business. I can't tell you exactly what the future holds for me and Impact, I'm not a fortune teller. We just came to the agreement, we ironed out some details but I'm gonna keep that between me and the big man upstairs for now."

TMZ kept the questions coming. "Shawn! Shawn! Shawn!" they kept shouting persistently. The next question was one that was on everybody's mind, why?

"I was working alongside Triple H and I realised... you know what, this is fun... I felt like a kid again except this time, I was stringing things together, I was the creator of the magic that kept fans enticed on a week to week basis... Look WWE is great, NXT is great, but some of my ideas just aren't suitable for the product and when you become intertwined with what you're doing, you don't want your creativity to get rejected. I had to hear 'hey we can't do this because we have to be wary of this and Vince doesn't want us doing that because it could cause issues with them', Impact is a place where that ceiling won't be so low for me. That's not a knock on WWE, well it is... but it isn't, I get it, it's how they're choosing to run business but that's just one side of the business, the fans and a great product are the other side of it."

The final question was another glaring one, this time it was when? When will we see the legendary Shawn Michaels on television for Impact Wrestling?

"Not this Thursday, I can tell you that for sure, BUT that doesn't mean you shouldn't tune in. They've got a great show put together and a main event with two very impressive guys. One who was in the WWE with me before, Johnny Impact, he was better known as John Morrison at the time. Another guy, is a guy who's been making waves and I love the kid, Killer Kross. It's for the Impact World Championship and it's going to be a hell of a match. As for me, when will you see me? Well, the next set of tapings are in Vegas, I'm not an advocate for gambling but maybe, maybe just this once..."

If you're unfamiliar with Impact Wrestling, check out their show this week. They don't run pay-per-views every month but to compensate they hold televised shows that feel like the closest thing to a Pay-Per-View. This week they're televising Final Hour, with an Impact World Championship main event highlighted by champion Johnny Impact and challenger Killer Kross.

Writer's Note: I originally wanted to do an Impact BTB, but my lack of knowledge on the current independent scene made me shy away from it. I wasn't sure if I could do justice to debuting new talent on the show. Also, booking WWE, as much as I love the talent that they have... it's absolutely draining having to go through a multitude of shows before being able to produce the blow-off to feuds and matches, it sucked the fun out of it. I had this idea for a while and I thought it would be an interesting take on it. I'm going to dedicate time to keeping up with some independents and eventually bring in talent that interests me in one way or another. Another reason is that my booking for my previous diary was "too much" to be considered realistic for a present day WWE diary. I felt restricted in terms of creative freedom and I personally love the variety and creativity of Impact's current shows. Let's hope this is the one that sticks around boys.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-08-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: The Impact! of Heartbreak

IMPACT! WRESTLING ROSTER

MEN:

Spoiler:

Bhupinder Singh | Brian Cage | Caleb Konley | Dave Crist | Dezmond Xavier
    DJZ | Eddie Edwards | El Hijo Del Fantasma | Eli Drake | Ethan Page | Fallah Bahh
    Fenix | Gama Singh | Grado | Gursinder Singh | Hernandez
    Homicide | Jake Crist | Jimmy Jacobs | Joe Hendry | Johnny Impact | Joseph Park
    Killer Kross | King | KM | Kongo Kong | Konnan | Matt Sydal | Moose
    Ortiz | Pentagon Jr. | Petey Williams | Raj Singh | Rich Swann | Rohit Raju
    Sami Callihan | Santana | Trevor Lee | Vikas Kumar | Willie Mack

KNOCKOUTS:

Spoiler:

Alisha Edwards | Allie | Diamante | Jordynne Grace | Katarina | Kiera Hogan
    Rosemary | Scarlett Bordeaux | Su Yung | Taya Valkyrie | Tessa Blanchard

IMPACT! WRESTLING TITLES & CHAMPIONS

IMPACT! WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler:

Johnny Impact | (Since October 14, 2018)
    defeated Austin Aries

IMPACT! X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler:

Brian Cage | (Since July 22, 2018)
    defeated Matt Sydal

IMPACT! TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Spoiler:

The Latin American Xchange (Ortiz & Santana) | (Since June 21, 2018)
    defeated Z&E (DJZ & Andrew Everett)

IMPACT! KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler:

Tessa Blanchard | (Since August 30, 2018)
    defeated Su Yung

IMPACT! WRESTLING EVENT HISTORY

Last edited by Raye; 11-08-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Underdog

Status

Intrigued.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

HBK involved in Impact?! Damn! That would be crazy.

Kind of excited to see how you go about this. I'll be following! Good luck.
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I thought your WWE thread showed potential so definitely looking forward to following this. Shawn Michaels joining Impact doesn't seem like something that would ever actually happen but who cares? I love the idea and am looking forward to seeing it come together.

With that being said, intrigued to see if Shawn has free reign or if he'll still be working with guys like Scott D'Amore and what not. Either way, looking forward to seeing the first show. Good luck with this mate.

Forever The Revival

Status

I'm very interested in seeing where you go with this, Impact is pretty good at the moment and has a strong roster to work with so you could do some awesome work here. Good luck.

Thread Information