Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Impact! of Heartbreak

Underdog

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Impact! of Heartbreak

BREAKING! BREAKING! BREAKING!

No matter where you look, the wrestling world is currently buzzing. Whether you're checking out the wrestling observer, pwinsider, wrestlezone, reddit, twitter, facebook, you name it, there's only one thing that everybody and their wrestling moms are talking about. As you can expect, the resilient naysayers won't be stopped regardless of what Impact Wrestling does BUT hardcore fans and haters alike both have one thing in common right now... FLASHBACKS. Flashbacks to the slow, brutal downfall of a company they once enjoy on a week to week basis once it was entrusted to Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. Shawn didn't keep quiet very long as he was followed and targeted by TMZ quite heavily. When the hard hitting question was asked, what would differ Shawn's regime for that of Hogan and Bischoff's, Shawn had this to say:

"Look, I get it... I've done some things in wrestling, some bad things... but I've also done a lot of great things and I'm happy to say that it was in the second half of my career. I have no ill-intent, I love this business. I can't tell you exactly what the future holds for me and Impact, I'm not a fortune teller. We just came to the agreement, we ironed out some details but I'm gonna keep that between me and the big man upstairs for now."

TMZ kept the questions coming. "Shawn! Shawn! Shawn!" they kept shouting persistently. The next question was one that was on everybody's mind, why?

"I was working alongside Triple H and I realised... you know what, this is fun... I felt like a kid again except this time, I was stringing things together, I was the creator of the magic that kept fans enticed on a week to week basis... Look WWE is great, NXT is great, but some of my ideas just aren't suitable for the product and when you become intertwined with what you're doing, you don't want your creativity to get rejected. I had to hear 'hey we can't do this because we have to be wary of this and Vince doesn't want us doing that because it could cause issues with them', Impact is a place where that ceiling won't be so low for me. That's not a knock on WWE, well it is... but it isn't, I get it, it's how they're choosing to run business but that's just one side of the business, the fans and a great product are the other side of it."

The final question was another glaring one, this time it was when? When will we see the legendary Shawn Michaels on television for Impact Wrestling?

"Not this Thursday, I can tell you that for sure, BUT that doesn't mean you shouldn't tune in. They've got a great show put together and a main event with two very impressive guys. One who was in the WWE with me before, Johnny Impact, he was better known as John Morrison at the time. Another guy, is a guy who's been making waves and I love the kid, Killer Kross. It's for the Impact World Championship and it's going to be a hell of a match. As for me, when will you see me? Well, the next set of tapings are in Vegas, I'm not an advocate for gambling but maybe, maybe just this once..."

If you're unfamiliar with Impact Wrestling, check out their show this week. They don't run pay-per-views every month but to compensate they hold televised shows that feel like the closest thing to a Pay-Per-View. This week they're televising Final Hour, with an Impact World Championship main event highlighted by champion Johnny Impact and challenger Killer Kross.

Writer's Note: I originally wanted to do an Impact BTB, but my lack of knowledge on the current independent scene made me shy away from it. I wasn't sure if I could do justice to debuting new talent on the show. Also, booking WWE, as much as I love the talent that they have... it's absolutely draining having to go through a multitude of shows before being able to produce the blow-off to feuds and matches, it sucked the fun out of it. I had this idea for a while and I thought it would be an interesting take on it. I'm going to dedicate time to keeping up with some independents and eventually bring in talent that interests me in one way or another. Another reason is that my booking for my previous diary was "too much" to be considered realistic for a present day WWE diary. I felt restricted in terms of creative freedom and I personally love the variety and creativity of Impact's current shows. Let's hope this is the one that sticks around boys.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-08-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Underdog

Status

Re: The Impact! of Heartbreak

IMPACT! WRESTLING ROSTER

MEN:

Spoiler:

Brian Cage | Caleb Konley | Dave Crist | Dezmond Xavier
    DJZ | Eddie Edwards | El Hijo Del Fantasma | Eli Drake | Ethan Page | Fallah Bahh
    Fenix | Gama Singh | Grado | Hernandez
    Homicide | Jake Crist | Jimmy Jacobs | Joe Hendry | Johnny Impact | Joseph Park
    Killer Kross | King | KM | Kongo Kong | Konnan | Matt Sydal | Moose
    Ortiz | Pentagon Jr. | Petey Williams | Raj Singh | Rich Swann | Rohit Raju
    Sami Callihan | Santana | Trevor Lee | Vikas Kumar | Willie Mack

KNOCKOUTS:

Spoiler:

Alisha Edwards | Allie | Diamante | Jordynne Grace | Katarina | Kiera Hogan
    Rosemary | Scarlett Bordeaux | Su Yung | Taya Valkyrie | Tessa Blanchard

IMPACT! WRESTLING TITLES & CHAMPIONS

IMPACT! WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler:

Killer Kross | (Since November 8, 2018)
    defeated Johnny Impact

Johnny Impact | (October 14, 2018 - November 8, 2018)
    defeated Austin Aries

IMPACT! X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler:

Sami Callihan | (Since November 8, 2018)
    defeated Brian Cage

Brian Cage | (July 22, 2018 - November 8, 2018)
    defeated Matt Sydal

IMPACT! TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Spoiler:

The Latin American Xchange (Ortiz & Santana) | (Since June 21, 2018)
    defeated Z&E (DJZ & Andrew Everett)

IMPACT! KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler:

Tessa Blanchard | (Since August 30, 2018)
    defeated Su Yung

IMPACT! WRESTLING EVENT HISTORY
    FINAL HOUR; http://wrestlingclique.com/showthrea...post2103944683

Last edited by Raye; 11-29-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Underdog

Status

Intrigued.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

HBK involved in Impact?! Damn! That would be crazy.

Kind of excited to see how you go about this. I'll be following! Good luck.
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I thought your WWE thread showed potential so definitely looking forward to following this. Shawn Michaels joining Impact doesn't seem like something that would ever actually happen but who cares? I love the idea and am looking forward to seeing it come together.

With that being said, intrigued to see if Shawn has free reign or if he'll still be working with guys like Scott D'Amore and what not. Either way, looking forward to seeing the first show. Good luck with this mate.

Forever The Revival

Status

I'm very interested in seeing where you go with this, Impact is pretty good at the moment and has a strong roster to work with so you could do some awesome work here. Good luck.

t h e o g

Status

Shawn joining Impact, while completely unrealistic, is a very cool idea. I've been watching Impact weekly for just over a year now, and it definitely seems like the company is in a place now where it would be fun to book.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Underdog

Status

...IMPACT! WRESTLING PRESENTS…

Astoria, New York
    Melrose Ballroom
    November 8th, 2018

The view is shaky; the cameraman is running backstage reporting to an incident that has just occurred as we have gone on air. Someone is down and out… it’s a female by the looks of it! THICC and braided blonde hair, its TAYA VALKYRIE! The medical team is checking on her alongside some nearby referees. One of the referees picks up a red card that has the logo of Killer Kross on it. It appears that Killer Kross has left his mark leading up to his world championship match later on.

The camera switches over to Don Callis and Josh Mathews cramped up alongside the ring at their table due to the restricted amount of space in the Melrose Ballroom.

Josh Mathews: Don what did we just see… did Killer Kross put his hands on a woman!?

Don Callis: I know Kross, Josh. He would never do such a thing! He’s not a bad man he’s just misunderstood. If anything this was Johnny’s doing!

Josh Mathews: You think Johnny laid out his own wife!?

Don Callis: No you idiot, they’re just acting! Haven’t you seen Boone: The Bounty Hunter? No? I haven’t either but this acting is how I know it wasn’t very good!

Josh Mathews: I really don’t think Impact or Taya would go to such an extent, they’re just not those kinds of people… And ACTUALLY, mind you Don, I have seen it and I highly recommend fans of Johnny to check it out and support him.

Don Callis:
    I bet he threatened to beat you just like he beat Taya to plug his movie on our show, what a despicable human being Johnny is, I hope Killer Kross redeems himself tonight.

Josh Mathews: Fans, it’s not okay to beat wives or woman in general, let’s just drop this topic until more unfolds later on tonight. For now, let’s get to it with our opening contest of the night. Last week, the OGz laid waste to the Lucha Bros so we will see a contest between two teams who are extremely familiar with each other as the tag team champions LAX take place of the injured Lucha Bros.

Helicopters are heard around the arena, followed by some police sirens… a gun gets cocked back, POP POP POP, bullet sounds are heard as the theme of LAX hits the arena and they come out to a loud ovation. The champions get in the ring alongside Konnan and patiently await the arrival of OGz. The OGz music hits as they come out with King. Once they get onto the apron, there is a standoff as LAX are inviting them to enter the ring. King and the OGz stare in disgust, King especially as he shakes his head in disapproval. King is wary as he has already lost the war against LAX, he doesn’t really want his team to face them again. The standoff is extended as all of a sudden… PENTAGON JR. AND FENIX APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE!

Don Callis: WHAT… I THOUGHT THEY WERE INJURED… THEY TOLD ME… I MEAN UH THEY TOLD MANAGEMENT THAT THEY COULDN’T COMPETE HERE TONIGHT!

Pentagon and Fenix grab Hernandez and Homicide respectively by the legs and pull them off the apron and begin laying into them with a flurry of rights and stiff kicks to the legs. King is outraged but can’t do anything as LAX telling him to stay out of it. SYCHRONIZED SUPERKICKS by Fenix and Penta. Homicide and Hernandez are slouched against the ramp as King is trying to help them get up onto it. Fenix and Pentagon grab chairs as the OGz scramble away up the ramp. Homicide is making gun gestures, as Hernandez looks gassed. King is threatening them that this is far from the end. The Lucha Bros stand alongside LAX in the middle of the ring with chairs as their theme song plays.

Josh Mathews: It is absolute CHAOS to open Final Hour, Taya Valkyrie has been laid out, the Lucha Bros have blindsided the OGz, what else is going to go down, we’ll find out after the break

* * * COMMERCIAL BREAK * * *

We return from the break and are backstage with Moose and Alicia Atout.

Alicia: Moose, tonight you go head to head with Eddie Edwards. Ho…

Before Alicia could finish her questions, Moose rips the microphone out of her hand.

Moose: Alicia… I’m tired of this; I’m tired of Eddie. He has too many screws knocked loose in his head and he wonders why we’re not friends anymore. Tommy’s drunken hardcore influence on him is one of the worst things I’ve seen in my entire tenure in Impact. You would’ve thunk that I put him out onto an NFL field and had him take a tackle from an entire roster full of guys, that’s how messed up Eddie’s head is! Eddie your wifey better make sure you don’t walk down that ramp tonight, or else I’m going to be that final tackle that’s going to end your career and permanently put you on the sidelines.

Moose hands the microphone back to Alicia as he puts on his sunglasses, straightens his jacket, and proceeds to walk away from the interview area. We are now taken back to get a view of the Melrose Ballroom

Don Callis: I know Moose is a big, scary guy and I’m sure on any given day he could man handle Eddie, but I don’t know Josh, being insane in the head leaves a whole table of unpredictability out there. If I’m Moose, heck even if I’m Alisha, I’m a little worried right about now.

Josh Matthews: No doubt, you’ve seen plenty of guys like Eddie in your lifetime, if there’s anyone who knows when somebody is all sorts of messed up, it’s definitely you. I would definitely keep my distance from Eddie right about now. That’s for later on tonight; right now we have the eagerly anticipated debut of Jordynne Grace! Have you seen her instagram page Don? She’d probably be able to carry you and me on each shoulder respectively.

Don Callis: Have you seen yourself Josh? That’s really not saying much. But yes, great job to the management team for scouting out this young lady, I’m excited to see her destroy… I mean compete in the ring.

Josh Matthews: Currently in the ring is Olivia Shore, a local New York competitor trying to impress upper management and make a name for herself. She’s a young 18 years old and just graduated a local wrestling school; I’m excited to see what she’s got. Can she spoil Jordynne’s debut and make her own debut the headline we talk about?

Singles Match
    Jordynne Grace vs Olivia Shore (Local Competitor)

The bell rings and Jordynne comes out swinging, laying waste to Olivia with a stiff clothesline. Jordynne grabs Olivia by her sports bra and pulls her up onto her with single-handedly. Olivia rattles out of the hold of Jordynne and attempts to slap Jordynne in the face. The slap connects but it only angers Jordynne without any real physical damage being done in the process. Olivia runs to the ropes, rebounds, AND IS CAUGHT WITH A SPINEBUSTER! Jordynne holds onto the lock around the waist, she climbs to her feet while holding Olivia, BEARHUG! Jordynne has a bearhug locked in, as she swings the body of Olivia around until Olivia is unconscious. The referee has no choice but to ring the bell.

Winner: Jordynne Grace (via Bearhug)

Don Callis: Goodness gracious…

Josh Matthews: I think the entire Impact locker has been put on notice…

We come back to a view of a wrestling promotion in Ohio. The crowd is rowdy and Sami, Jake, and Dave are in the ring awaiting the arrival of Brian Cage. Loud chants of OVE! OVE! OVE! are echoed through the small arena. Cameras go to Brian Cage entering the gymnasium through a backdoor in the parking lot. Callihan grows impatient, unaware of Cage’s arrival and grabs a microphone.

Sami Callihan: I KNEW BRIAN WOULDN’T SHOW UP, I F**KING KNEW IT!

The crowd begins to boo.

Sami Callihan: This is OHIO! This is my neck of the woods. You think Cage has the guts to show up HERE!? To defend the X Division Championship?! HELL NO! That meathead is all AIR!

The crowd begins chanting AIRRRRRRHEADD in a Goldberg-like chant sequence.

Sami Callihan: If Cage isn’t coming to Ohio, then I’m bringing Ohio to Cage, OHIO STAND THE F*CK UP!

Chants of OVE! OVE! OVE! break out again. OVE are about to exit the ring as all of a sudden, the music of Brian Cage hits. Cage comes out of the curtain and stands atop of the ramp, staring down OVE as a maniacal laughter breaks out on Sami’s face. “You f*cked up” Sami is heard telling Cage off of the microphone. Dave and Jake Crist taunt Cage to come in the ring as the crowd erupts in boos. The hometown referee slides into the ring, it appears we are getting an X Division championship match streamed from the Ohio promotion. Jake and Dave Crist exit the ring and make their way up the ramp as Cage makes his way down. Cage drops the X Division title and his hoodie as he quickly lays waste to the Crist brothers. As Cage gets one foot through the ropes, Sami ambushes him and begins to throw clubs to the back. The referee does not even anticipate for Cage to fully get into the ring before ringing the bell.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
    Singles Match

Brian Cage © vs Sami Callihan

Brian Cage heavily dominated the match as he displayed his amount of sheer strength throughout its entirety. Jake Crist climbed up the turnbuckle, leaped off towards Cage, but Cage caught him, F5!! The crowd rages in boos, one fan even throwing a half-eaten hotdog into the ring. Dave Crist attempts to springboard onto Cage, he catches him, F5! Sami Callihan is stalking Cage, he runs towards Cage as Cage turns around, CAGE CATCHES HIM, F5!!!! The crowd is absolutely pissed! Cage goes down for the cover, ONE… TWO… the referee’s hand stops just before it’s supposed to hit the mat, Sami Callihan has NOT kicked out. The referee refuses to count the three and the crowd has erupted in cheers. Cage finally breaks the pin after glaring at the referee for several seconds. Cage grabs the referee by the shirt, the referee screams “OHIOO!” in retaliation and the crowd follows up with “VERSUS EVERYTHING!!” Jake and Dave attack Cage from behind before damage can be done to the referee. Sami gets up and invites THE FANS to come into the ring and beat down Brian Cage. Some fans hop the guardrail and begin pummeling Brian Cage with some stomps inside the ring. The Crist brothers pull up Cage’s lifeless body and toss him into Sami, Sami catches him, flips him up, positions him for the cradle kneeling reverse piledriver, CRADLE KILLER! Sami puts his foot over Cage, ONE… TWO… THREE!! NEW CHAMPION!!

Winner and NEW Champion: Sami Callihan (via Cradle Killer)

The clip of the Ohio gymnasium fades to black as OVE are hoisted on the shoulders of the Ohio fans and chants of “OVE! OVE! OVE!” echo throughout.

Don Callis: Brian is stupid, stupid man. A scary but stupid man. What do you expect is going to happen to you when you go to Ohio? Look at that dump.

Josh Mathews: The actions of OVE were absolutely disgusting; it took all of Ohio to take down Brian Cage.

Don Callis: Disgusting? More like brilliant. They baited that gorilla right into his cage.

Josh Mathews: Well that Gorilla is going to be with us when Impact hits Vegas, make sure you check out impactwrestling.com now to get your tickets now. We’ve also avoided saying anything till now because we don’t want to take away from the big night of any of our stars, but yes Shawn Michaels WILL be in Vegas. Get your tickets and make sure you don’t miss out as Impact continues to bring you the best action going today.

The music of Eli Drake begins to play and the New York crowd is really into him. He comes out alongside his lawyer, Joseph Park and makes his way into the ring with a microphone.

Eli Drake: Listen up dummies, especially you dummies in the back. This is not the first time you guys have made a mockery of me. I carried this company on my back when it was on its last leg.

Joseph Park is standing alongside Eli nodding his head in approval. Eli Drake proceeds to pull a hammer out of his pocket.

Eli Drake: Courts in session dummies so shut up. What did Impact do when I sat here night in and night out busting my ass off as World Champ? They brought in Austin Aries. Why? Cause apparently, I wasn’t good enough for them. They let him try to make me look like a joke. I’m no joke, I’m the real deal, I’m E-LI DRAKE.

The crowd chants along to “E-LI DRAKE”.

Eli Drake: I said courts in session, pipe down. After that, they left me on the back burner, that’s how they repaid me. When they found out that the guys on the other side wanted me, they didn’t try and do everything in their power to keep me, no, they tried to make it seem like I wasn’t an integral part of this company. They erased me before I was even gone. I stayed, after all of that, I stayed, because I felt like I built something here.

The crowd lets out some “Thank You Eli!” chants.

Eli Drake: You guys aren’t thankful, you guys were on the edge of your seat when Aries and this company made a fool out of me. Lets talk Bound for Glory. What happened at Bound for Glory? I had an open challenge, an open challenge that wasn’t meant for old, retired, out-of-shape has-beens. A challenge that wasn’t made for pedophiles, god forbid that moron ever finds line of work again, YEAH. Hey, Joseph, I think I’ve come to a verdict; do you want to hear it?

Joseph Park begins to nod his add, although he’s a little confused as they’re not in an actual court setting and doesn’t know how Eli has come to a verdict, he’s not a judge. ELI DRAKE NAILS THE HAMMER IN HIS HAND ONTO THE HEAD OF PARK. HE SWINGS IT A COUPLE MORE TIMES TO GET THE BIG MAN OFF HIS FEET.

Don Callis: I like this verdict, hammer time baby.

Josh Mathews: What is Eli Drake doing, I thought his problem was with Impact management, why is he taking it out on Joseph Park!?

Eli Drake stomps on Park a few times, followed by a gruesome stomp to the nuts. Park shrivels up in pain as Drake puts the microphone back to his mouth.

Eli Drake: You make me sick. You are part of what’s wrong with this company. You idiot. I’m tired of this act, Abyss. Your days are numbered, your breed of wrestlers is a dying breed. You want to make a joke out of me??

Drake proceeds to stomp on Abyss a few more times.

Eli Drake:
    You no-good, out-of-shape, HAS-BEEN. Don’t ever let me see you in MY ring ever again.

Drake throws the microphone directed at the nuts of Park as the crowd boos him, pitying the legend that is Abyss. Drake steps though the ropes and exits the arena.

Singles Match
    Eddie Edwards vs Moose

We returned from the break for a PPV-worthy match up between Eddie and Moose who have had a rivalry heat up ever since Moose betrayed Eddie and aligned himself with former Impact star and champion Aries, as well as Kross. The action was very back n forth as both men were pretty evenly matched. Both men exchanged huge chops throughout the match. There was a big spot where idea attempted to go for his finisher the Boston Knee Party (a shining wizard to a standing opponent) but Moose caught him and threw him outside of the ring into the guardrail. Moose then proceeded to climb up the turnbuckle and hit a HUGE crossbody on the outside. Fans fell over like dominoes as the space was super restricted outside the ring in the Melrose Ballroom. Nobody was hurt and fans were cheering and super excited to be involved in the action. The match came to a close inside the ring. Both men were forcing out their last ounce of strength as they exchange punch by punch to each other’s faces. “BOO!” as Moose hit Eddie, “YEAH!” as Eddie hit Moose. Eddie got the eventual advantage, he went to go off the ropes but is hit with a vicious SPEARRRRR by Moose. Moose goes for the cover, ONEE… TWO… THREEE!! Moose picks up the clean victory over Eddie.

Winner: Moose (via Spear)

Moose watches Eddie get back onto his feet as he’s about to exit the ring. Moose suddenly changes his mind and puts his foot back into the ring. SPEARRRRR!! Moose knocks down Eddie again with a spear even more vicious than the last. The victory must’ve overjoyed Moose with more strength and energy.

Josh Mathews: Both men fought hard and put on a great match but that was just unnecessary on Moose’s part.

Don Callis:
    I think Moose was just trying to cite his sources Josh. The spears a commonly used move, he had to make sure people knew it wasn’t just any regular old spear, it was a spear from a former NFL player. Can you imagine getting speared by an NFL player? No, I don’t think so.

Moose smirks as he glances back at Eddie. He makes his way to the back as we cut to a quick commercial.

We’re now backstage with Johnny Impact and Alicia Atout.

Alicia Atout: Johnny I know you have your match coming up with Killer Kross, but first off, how is Taya? Is she okay!?

Johnny pulls his shades off with a clearly displeased look on his face.

Johnny Impact: Taya is going to be just fine, thankfully. Kross, you better pray to god that somebody was trying to throw you under the bus because if the camera footage gets released and I find out that it was actually you that put your hands on Taya, your name isn’t going to be Killer anymore, it’s going to be killed.

Instead of putting his shades back on his face, he lifts them off the top of his head and throws them on the ground angrily. Johnny storms out of the camera view as Alicia stares off into the distance.

Don Callis: Killed Kross… no I don’t like that, do you Josh?

Josh Mathews: It definitely doesn’t have the same ring as Killer. I don’t know what mind games Kross was trying to play but I think his task at hand just got a lot more difficult. You don’t put your hands on another mans wife Don.

Don Callis: Well that’s not true because if I had the chance to put my hands on Beyonce, I definitely would.

Josh Mathews: You’re ridiculous.

A small video package begins to play showing the events leading up to tonight’s match, including what has happened to Taya tonight. Killer Kross makes his way to the ring first, followed by the Impact World Champion. Their introductions are done professionally and Johnny seems eager to get his hands on Kross. Kross seems unphased as Impact won’t stop pointing his finger and making threats. It certainly seems like Kross has gotten under the skin of Johnny tonight.

IMPACT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    Singles Match

Johnny Impact © vs Killer Kross

Impact was absolutely taking it to Kross. Every time Kross attempted to pick up Johnny, he would be able to slide off of Kross or reverse the maneuver. Kross attempted a belly to belly suplex but didn’t tighten his grip enough so Johnny slid down under his arms, performed a handstand, and nailed a kick to the top of Kross’ skull. Johnny absolutely brought it to Kross with a variety of kicks and definitely wore the big man down a ton. Kross wobbles a little bit and drops on his ass, really feeling the damage adding up on him now. Impact runs off the ropes and connects with a running knee smash to the sitting Kross Cover is made, ONE… TWO… TH… NOPE! Kickout! Just barely! Impact grabs Kross by the leg and drags him towards the turnbuckle. Surely he’s positioning him for the Starship Pain. All of a sudden as Impact leans into the turnbuckle, he notices another woman is dragging his wife by the hair; down the ramp. ITS SCARLETT BORDEAUX!!! WHAT IS SCARLETT DOING DRAGGING TAYA DOWN THE RAMP!! Johnny gets distracted and is about to step out of the ring but Kross runs up behind him. Kross grabs Johnny around the waist and slowly elevates him up, DOOMSDAY SAITO! Kross isn’t finished yet and picks up Johnny again, DOOMSDAY SAITO! Kross has just hit his finisher twice and is going down for the pin, ONE… TWO… THREEEEEE!!

Winner and NEW Champion: Killer Kross (via Doomsday Saito)

Don Callis:
    HAS SCARLETT’S TALENT SEARCH ENDED!? I THOUGHT I TOLD HER TO PICK ME!

Josh Mathews: WE HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS ON OUR HAND THAN THAT DON… KILLER KROSS JUST BEAT JOHNNY IMPACT TO BECOME OUR NEW IMPACT WORLD CHAMPION… AND IF HE WASN’T AS DEVASTATING ENOUGH OF A WEAPON ALL ON HIS OWN, HE’S GOT THE BOMBSHELL SCARLETT BORDEAUX WITH HIM NOW TOO!!

Kross rips the championship out of the hands of the referee. Scarlett climbs into the ring and places a red note with a black X on it over Johnny. Kross cracks a cocky smile as he throws the belt over his shoulder. Kross and Scarlett are now exiting the ring and walking up the ramp. The camera fades to black as we might have just witnessed the most powerful power couples in pro-wrestling history come together.

* * * SHOW FADES OFF THE AIR * * *
    Last edited by Raye; 11-24-2018 at 10:51 PM.

BRAUUUUUUN

Status
      Country                    United States

Final Hour was a good read, and I enjoyed a lot of the results. Sami Callihan with a title is money. However, I do worry about the main event decision. Johnny Impact is the guy that just won the world title in the main event and is being set as THE man of the company, only to lose to a relatively new on the scene monster heel? I don't know about it now, but I'm still there for you to change my mind about it. I hope Impact ends up with the title after the story, otherwise great first show and I'll be reading!

"In Becky We Trust"

Iron Man

Status
      Country                    UK

This was an interesting read to say the least. I like alot of what seems to be building Drake/Abyss,Grace and the Moose push. I am very unsure of Sami winning the X-Division Title as imo it doesn't fit him or his character I would've personally bought in another mid card belt for none X guys,I also worry for Cage who I thought would get a decent run and potentially cash in the belt. Main Event wise I am very unsure of Impact losing to Kross especially this soon seems like a massive no no I feel like he's lost alot of his initial steam and if you wanted a monster heel champ Moose was right there and would've given Impact a reign longer then like 3 weeks. 2 massive title changes and a debut Final Hour sure was eventful I am very interested in the future of this version of Impact.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Impact - Final Hour Review:

- Interesting opening to the show with Taya being down and out. I quite liked the "Who done it?" scenario and the tease of it being Kross or Johnny. Immediately I'm thinking it's got to be another lady partnering with this dude, Kross. I'm behind on Impact so I'm not that sure who Kross is or if he's already associated with a lady. I quite like the opening commentary exchange with Mathews & Callis.

- Showdown between the OG'z & LAX but the arrival of Fenix & Pentagon Jr changes the whole scenario and Homicide & Hernandez are beat down. Unsure if you're writing them off here or maybe looking to disband the OG'z.

- Standard promo from Moose with a warning to Eddie Edwards.

- Jordynne picks up the expected and impressive win. No surprise there, interested to see how she develops.

- I like the scene you set for the Cage/Sami match with it being in Ohio and I could picture the scene in my head. Kind of shocked you went with a title switch especially with Calihan as the X-Division Champ! I'm not a Cage fan but I'd have liked to have seen the X-Division go back to more of it's roots with the high-flyers and risk takers of the past when Cage eventually dropped the Championship.

- JESUS! That Eli Drake segment was insane! I really liked the promo. Unsure about the pedophile mention to be completely honest with you but the "Shoot" was awesome. Attacking Park was also cool. Only gripe was calling him both Park & Abyss in the same segment.

- Good match and Moose picks up the victory! Moose then laying out Eddie with a second spear after the ball. His warning comes to fruition.

- Johnny Impact with a warning of his own for Killer Kross.

- Another shock title win and this time it's Kross! Really unsure about this booking man. Johnny is kind of the main guy in Impact and hasn't really had the title long at all. I liked the creativity and plan with Bordeaux showing up but feel like this could have maybe been built upon and the trigger pulled down the line when Kross was even more built up. However kudo's for outside of the box thinking and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Overall - This show felt a little crazy and all over the place, not always in a bad way either. it was like Raw of the attitude era where you never quite knew what the hell was going to happen and this reminded me of that to be honest. It was a very heel heavy show as well. Didn't personally like the title changes but the Drake segment, Moose and the ending to the Main Event got me intrigued to read more. I'll be reading along!
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SaveUsTy2J View Post
    Final Hour was a good read, and I enjoyed a lot of the results. Sami Callihan with a title is money. However, I do worry about the main event decision. Johnny Impact is the guy that just won the world title in the main event and is being set as THE man of the company, only to lose to a relatively new on the scene monster heel? I don't know about it now, but I'm still there for you to change my mind about it. I hope Impact ends up with the title after the story, otherwise great first show and I'll be reading!
    For me, Johnny's win was a weird one. It never felt like a credible title change considering the aftermath with Aries, it felt completely overshadowed. It felt more of like we have to have the title change hands because Aries is gone more-so than hey we think Johnny is our guy and we're ready to roll the ball with him. I really do hope I end up selling you on Kross

Quote Originally Posted by cambrock223 View Post
    This was an interesting read to say the least. I like alot of what seems to be building Drake/Abyss,Grace and the Moose push. I am very unsure of Sami winning the X-Division Title as imo it doesn't fit him or his character I would've personally bought in another mid card belt for none X guys,I also worry for Cage who I thought would get a decent run and potentially cash in the belt. Main Event wise I am very unsure of Impact losing to Kross especially this soon seems like a massive no no I feel like he's lost alot of his initial steam and if you wanted a monster heel champ Moose was right there and would've given Impact a reign longer then like 3 weeks. 2 massive title changes and a debut Final Hour sure was eventful I am very interested in the future of this version of Impact.
    I'm personally not a fan of further expanding the amount of titles in Impact, at least not currently. They're still in the rebuilding phase and although they followed up on their promise of getting better throughout 2018, they still have ways to go. The thing I loved about the X Division was the idea of it being about no limits, and not weight limits. I loved watching them crown Cage as champion in real life because it reminded me of Samoa Joe being champion and in the division in so many ways. I think the X title is potentially amazing because it doesn't have to be as limited as it was perceived as times, it can be used for so much more than just a shtick for high-fliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Impact - Final Hour Review:

- Interesting opening to the show with Taya being down and out. I quite liked the "Who done it?" scenario and the tease of it being Kross or Johnny. Immediately I'm thinking it's got to be another lady partnering with this dude, Kross. I'm behind on Impact so I'm not that sure who Kross is or if he's already associated with a lady. I quite like the opening commentary exchange with Mathews & Callis.

- Showdown between the OG'z & LAX but the arrival of Fenix & Pentagon Jr changes the whole scenario and Homicide & Hernandez are beat down. Unsure if you're writing them off here or maybe looking to disband the OG'z.

- Standard promo from Moose with a warning to Eddie Edwards.

- Jordynne picks up the expected and impressive win. No surprise there, interested to see how she develops.

- I like the scene you set for the Cage/Sami match with it being in Ohio and I could picture the scene in my head. Kind of shocked you went with a title switch especially with Calihan as the X-Division Champ! I'm not a Cage fan but I'd have liked to have seen the X-Division go back to more of it's roots with the high-flyers and risk takers of the past when Cage eventually dropped the Championship.

- JESUS! That Eli Drake segment was insane! I really liked the promo. Unsure about the pedophile mention to be completely honest with you but the "Shoot" was awesome. Attacking Park was also cool. Only gripe was calling him both Park & Abyss in the same segment.

- Good match and Moose picks up the victory! Moose then laying out Eddie with a second spear after the ball. His warning comes to fruition.

- Johnny Impact with a warning of his own for Killer Kross.

- Another shock title win and this time it's Kross! Really unsure about this booking man. Johnny is kind of the main guy in Impact and hasn't really had the title long at all. I liked the creativity and plan with Bordeaux showing up but feel like this could have maybe been built upon and the trigger pulled down the line when Kross was even more built up. However kudo's for outside of the box thinking and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Overall - This show felt a little crazy and all over the place, not always in a bad way either. it was like Raw of the attitude era where you never quite knew what the hell was going to happen and this reminded me of that to be honest. It was a very heel heavy show as well. Didn't personally like the title changes but the Drake segment, Moose and the ending to the Main Event got me intrigued to read more. I'll be reading along!
    The pedophile shot was towards James Ellsworth who was the first guy to come out and face Drake at BFG before Abyss did. Recently James was exposed as a major creep, sending nudes to a 16 year old girl. The dude is absolutely disgusting. The intention was to have Eli play dumb as if he didn't know Park was Abyss until after he attacked him. Really glad you liked the segment!! :D

Kross is currently not associated with a lady in Impact. He initially came in attacking people backstage and was revealed as the attacker. After some good build up for his debut he was paired up with Aries, and eventually Moose was added to the trio. Then the whole Aries fiasco happened, and to this day it's still unclear whether it was a work or not. It kind of screwed over Kross/Moose, and I was never really a fan of the Aries/Kross pairing to begin with because I thought so highly of him and thought it just halted his momentum in real life. I've seen Kross/Scarlett working together in the independents recently but it had no correlation to what happened in my diary, I had the idea to pair the two long before I became aware of their recent work on the independents.

Thanks for the reviews guys! I'm open to any constructive criticism in perhaps how to make the shows easier to read or if anything is perhaps lacking. Any major or minor suggestions I'm really open minded to! I remember being told in my last diary that adding commercial breaks would make the show flow better and it was a minor change to the show that I really like, so yeah, don't hold back ahah.

Underdog

Status

This Thursday, Impact takes over Sam's Town Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada!

Shawn Michaels Makes His FIRST Televised Appearance

The insiders, reporters, newspapers, forums, and all alike have been buzzing ever since news first got leaked of Shawn Michaels joining Impact! Wrestling. What will the Heartbreak Kid have to say? What are his plans with Impact! Wrestling? Tune in to find out as Impact looks to leave a huge footprint in the history books of pro-wrestling in 2018!

In-Ring Debut of Scarlett Bordeaux

Last week, we saw Scarlett align herself with Killer Kross and aid him in his mind games vs Johnny Impact. This week, we will see Taya Valkyrie have her chance to lay into Scarlett face to face in a one on one match. We have never seen Scarlett compete inside the squared circle, but this week we get to see if the Smokeshow can blow us away inside the ring, the way she does outside of it. Whether we will see Killer Kross or Johnny Impact ringside or involved in this match remains to be seen, regardless, this one is bound to get dirty.

X-DIVISION TITLE REMATCH
    Sami Callihan (c) vs Brian Cage

If your name isn't Sami Callihan right now, you must be feeling like one of the luckiest people on earth. After the antics Sami Callihan pulled on Brian Cage last week to win the title in Ohio, Cage must be nothing short of FURIOUS. This week in Vegas, Cage gets the opportunity to get his hands one on one against Sami Callihan. How will Callihan fare without the help of his state of Ohio brethren? Will Cage be able to re-attain the X-Division Championship? Or will Callihan find a way to get another one up on Cage? This is not a title match you want to miss out on!

Tune in for all this and much more!

Forever The Revival

Status

I just read Final Hour, and thought it was a good first show for you. Jordynne Grace is someone I'm very interested in seeing you develop, I like many others found out about her through All In but I've become a huge fan of her and she's a great addition to an already strong Knockouts Division. I thought the surprise of Sami winning the belt, even more so because it happened in Ohio, was a good decision. I'm rather disappointed how Cage's title reign has been handled in real life and felt like Sami should have beat him, so I'm all for it here and him basically falling to crazy numbers protects him in defeat just fine. I'll be looking forward to their rematch next week and seeing if he gets it back and they trade the belt back and forth, or if Sami can hang onto it.

I'm also one of those in the camp of being unsure about taking the belt off Johnny Impact. I might be bias because I've always been a big fan of the guy, but I think he would have been a good one to give a lengthy reign too and develop into the face of the company. I do agree with you about Kross being put with Aries being a weird decision when it happened, and I like what I've seen from him so far so I'm willing to give a chance, see where you go with him as champ and Scarlett as his partner in crime. Personally I would have preferred Scarlett bringing in someone to end her talent search, but I do think her and Kross could be a pretty interesting pairing.

I'll be reading going forward, and I'm really interested to see where you take the Allie storyline whenever you address it too. One thing I'd really like to see you do is put a little more detail into the recapped matches. Even just a few more sentences could add a lot to your matches and really give the reader a good idea what happened better.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    I just read Final Hour, and thought it was a good first show for you. Jordynne Grace is someone I'm very interested in seeing you develop, I like many others found out about her through All In but I've become a huge fan of her and she's a great addition to an already strong Knockouts Division. I thought the surprise of Sami winning the belt, even more so because it happened in Ohio, was a good decision. I'm rather disappointed how Cage's title reign has been handled in real life and felt like Sami should have beat him, so I'm all for it here and him basically falling to crazy numbers protects him in defeat just fine. I'll be looking forward to their rematch next week and seeing if he gets it back and they trade the belt back and forth, or if Sami can hang onto it.

I'm also one of those in the camp of being unsure about taking the belt off Johnny Impact. I might be bias because I've always been a big fan of the guy, but I think he would have been a good one to give a lengthy reign too and develop into the face of the company. I do agree with you about Kross being put with Aries being a weird decision when it happened, and I like what I've seen from him so far so I'm willing to give a chance, see where you go with him as champ and Scarlett as his partner in crime. Personally I would have preferred Scarlett bringing in someone to end her talent search, but I do think her and Kross could be a pretty interesting pairing.

I'll be reading going forward, and I'm really interested to see where you take the Allie storyline whenever you address it too. One thing I'd really like to see you do is put a little more detail into the recapped matches. Even just a few more sentences could add a lot to your matches and really give the reader a good idea what happened better.
    I'm really glad you caught on to the fact that I was trying to keep Cage looking strong by having him fall to such superior numbers, it's a real feels good when people see your perspective on a decision! Yeah I see now that the majority was not in favour of the World title change, it's unfortunate but can't have people agree with all the booking decisions, where's the fun in that! But yeah, I just didn't like the scenario of how Johnny won, it's still unclear in real life whether the Aries thing was a work or not, I feel like that completely overshadowed Johnny's win. I know it wasn't pointed out in my diary but I saw reviews elsewhere that pointed out perhaps timestamps would be of use, I'm thinking of implementing that. I will definitely try to put more effort into the recapped matches going forward. Glad you'll keep reading, thanks for the review bud :D

Doubting El Dandy

Status

I know absolutely nothing about current day Impact Wrestling, but that didn't stop me from enjoying SaveUsTy2J's old thread, so I'll certainly give this a try.

Basic admin-y type thing to kick off - nice formatting. Clean and easy to read. I like it.

I'm intrigued as to whether the segment to kick off the show is going to be a part of some larger mystery. If it is, that's a good way to kick off a new era, with a narrative hanging over everything. Otherwise, male on female violence is an interesting way to start a show!

I like the way you write matches. I think you've gotten the balance of detail vs. hitting the key points well.

I don't know if the footage of another promotion holding the X Division title match is something Impact does a lot, but I like it. Something that marks you out as different, which is vital for a company like Impact Wrestling. I didn't love the "fans" hopping the guardrail to attack Brian Cage though. I just find that kinda stuff really uncomfortable. I presume they were supposed to be plants or something, but still, the idea of "it's okay for fans to attack wrestlers" doesn't quite sit right with me, even if the story is "this is wrong".

I like that you're hyping HBK's arrival in advance. I'm hoping you do something interesting with him without making him your biggest star. It's gonna be a difficult balance I suspect, as he'll be by far your biggest name, but won't/shouldn't step in the ring to pay anything off. Interested to see how you handle it.

I liked the Drake/Park segment. There were a couple of times where the dialogue didn't totally flow naturally. For example: "You make me sick. You are part of what’s wrong with this company. You idiot. I’m tired of this act, Abyss. Your days are numbered, your breed of wrestlers is a dying breed. You want to make a joke out of me??" doesn't totally read like how someone would talk, if you get my meaning? It's not bad by any means, but with a small tweak could really stand out. While it sounds like a weird thing to do, I would recommend reading the dialogue out loud if you aren't sure if it's landing, because that gives you a sense of the flow of it.

I liked the Moose/Edwards match. Thought it was well written.

Ah, so I'm guessing the mystery was Scarlett. That's cool, at least it's not male on female violence! I can see a couple of others aren't sure about the title switch, but given I have no context of what happened before this I don't mind seeing the big killer heel getting one over on the plucky babyface. I look forward to seeing where you take this story from here.

All in all, a good effort. I obviously can't enjoy it as much as some without the context, but I'll stick with it and imagine I'll start to understand things a little more as we go. Best of luck!

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about current day Impact Wrestling, but that didn't stop me from enjoying SaveUsTy2J's old thread, so I'll certainly give this a try.

Basic admin-y type thing to kick off - nice formatting. Clean and easy to read. I like it.

I'm intrigued as to whether the segment to kick off the show is going to be a part of some larger mystery. If it is, that's a good way to kick off a new era, with a narrative hanging over everything. Otherwise, male on female violence is an interesting way to start a show!

I like the way you write matches. I think you've gotten the balance of detail vs. hitting the key points well.

I don't know if the footage of another promotion holding the X Division title match is something Impact does a lot, but I like it. Something that marks you out as different, which is vital for a company like Impact Wrestling. I didn't love the "fans" hopping the guardrail to attack Brian Cage though. I just find that kinda stuff really uncomfortable. I presume they were supposed to be plants or something, but still, the idea of "it's okay for fans to attack wrestlers" doesn't quite sit right with me, even if the story is "this is wrong".

I like that you're hyping HBK's arrival in advance. I'm hoping you do something interesting with him without making him your biggest star. It's gonna be a difficult balance I suspect, as he'll be by far your biggest name, but won't/shouldn't step in the ring to pay anything off. Interested to see how you handle it.

I liked the Drake/Park segment. There were a couple of times where the dialogue didn't totally flow naturally. For example: "You make me sick. You are part of what’s wrong with this company. You idiot. I’m tired of this act, Abyss. Your days are numbered, your breed of wrestlers is a dying breed. You want to make a joke out of me??" doesn't totally read like how someone would talk, if you get my meaning? It's not bad by any means, but with a small tweak could really stand out. While it sounds like a weird thing to do, I would recommend reading the dialogue out loud if you aren't sure if it's landing, because that gives you a sense of the flow of it.

I liked the Moose/Edwards match. Thought it was well written.

Ah, so I'm guessing the mystery was Scarlett. That's cool, at least it's not male on female violence! I can see a couple of others aren't sure about the title switch, but given I have no context of what happened before this I don't mind seeing the big killer heel getting one over on the plucky babyface. I look forward to seeing where you take this story from here.

All in all, a good effort. I obviously can't enjoy it as much as some without the context, but I'll stick with it and imagine I'll start to understand things a little more as we go. Best of luck!
    I was a little concerned about the formatting, still thinking about what I could really change to make it look better.

Yeah lately Impact has been doing a lot of unique stuff. Kids getting ran over by cars, Allie/Rosemary/Su Yung existing in different dimensions, filming segments in other promotions. I'm not big on the other promotions stuff but I thought I'd make the best of it, but everything else is why I wanted to book Impact so badly. I feel like there's so many unique possibilities now with their current direction and existing technology. I think the Broken Hardys was such a great thing for wrestling. I do slightly regret the fans attacking wrestlers and should've just had Ohio wrestlers come out from the back but whats done is done ahah.

Yeah I definitely need to work on letting promos flow naturally as I progress, thanks for calling me out on it, I'll definitely look to improve it for the next show.

Thanks for reading, I can imagine it being hard to follow if you're not all that familiar with the show, but I really appreciate you giving it a shot and giving me feedback!

t h e o g

Status

FINAL HOUR

Thicc and braided blonde hair...I love Taya. And a nice way to start the night, getting the action going right from the start. Callis making excuses for Kross was good, felt like Callis, and bringing up Johnny's movie was hilarious.

Getting ready for the opening contest...nope! Bringing back Pentagon and Fenix to jump The OGz is good. Could be what actually happened, I can't remember. Damn, it was like two weeks ago haha. Hopefully this leads to a 3 team match at Homecoming(assuming you're going the homecoming route) instead of how they did it in real life.

Damn. Made Jordynn look like a beast. Will definitely be interesting to see how you use her, especially up against Tessa.

Callihan! I'm all for this championship change, as I thought they were gonna push him to the top right after the Eddie feud. Shows what I know. Callihan has a great character and can't wait to see what you do with him, especially now that he's champ!

Can't believe Ima say this, glad Moose got the win. As a lifelong hater of Moose, I've really been enjoying his overly cocky character since aligning with Aries and Kross. And the Eddie crazy stuff, got old very quickly. Was cool at the start. Match was well written! Wonder if you're going to continue with Moose and Kross being together, or if you've got other plans for Moose.

"Killed Kross...no I don't like that" had me laughing.

So initially I was against Kross winning the championship, but the more I think about it the more I'm down with it. Kross wining and being the top guy is a great way to set yourself apart from the real product, which is a good thing. Plus, aligning with Scarlett is also cool, I've seen clips of them together in other promotions so you know they work well together. It's funny that even though I had just read Cage dropping the championship, as soon as Kross won I thought "Hell yeah, option c, Cage versus Kross for the championship!"

A good first show! Did a few things to set yourself apart from real life, and got a few things in motion for the future. That's even without having HBK show up! Forgot all about him till I scrolled down and saw the preview for the next episode. Looking forward to seeing how he factors into everything. Keep it up, I'll be reading!

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Nice to see someone give the focus to Impact Wrestling for a change, for the most part I've been enjoying their most recent overhaul, so it'll be interesting to see how and where you take it.

I enjoyed the back and forth between Don and Josh, albeit it's still Josh Mathews (eyeroll).

Good opening segment from the OGz and Lucha Brothers, I'm a fan of both teams though I'm curious whether LAX will be involved again at some point given the fact that this appears to be your main tag team focus. If you are building towards an epic three-way tag feud then LAX need some focus at some point given that they're the champions. Here it was very much about the other characters involved.

Moose gives a very honest interview here, while I'm not a fan of him in real-life, I liked how he tore into Eddie without really having to dig that deep for flaws about him and the shade directed at Tommy Dreamer was also enjoyable.

Again enjoy how you use commentary to keep the continuity going throughout the show.

I definitely think Jordynne Grace is someone special and again I'm interested to see where you take the character. Enjoyed the spinebuster into the Bearhug sequence, gave a nice visual.

I think Sami Callihan has been a sleeper hit for Impact Wrestling this past year, I'm surprised that he's not yet held any title, therefore I'm glad that you've given him the X-Division belt. Is he what springs to mind when I think of the X-Division? No. However I do like it when someone with a different style holds the belt given that the original ethos was that the belt was for all-comers. I'm feeling that given oVe's actions during the match that this isn't the last encounter with Cage. I do think Brian Cage is impressive also, so some focus on him definitely wouldn't hurt the product.

I know that HBK being in Impact was this booker's 'thing' but I didn't know if it would be on-screen or off-screen. It makes sense for him to show his face and while others say it's unbelievable that this would ever happen, I think that it could be plausible if he was doing it for the sake of creating competition in wrestling again. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in Vegas.

Two things: Firslty, I hate the 'Dummy' gimmick thing, I know the fans liked it but it doesn't scream World Heavyweight Champion to me. Second thing, are we acknowledging that Joseph Parks is Abyss now and Chris Parks isn't/is also? I always liked the fact that they played it up that Joseph was his 'brother' or Abyss without him actually ever knowing.

Was it too early to put the belt on Kross? Well given that this is Impact for starters, there's never a thing as 'too early'. I think it could work if Kross becomes a star rather than a henchman and having Scarlett Bordeaux as his mouthpiece works! I don't know if Taya's attack was Scarlett again, I did find it a reach that dainty, small Scarlett could single-handedly beat up Wera Loca but then maybe she's got hired help (#foreshadowing), given that she's debuting on the next show. The first time I read this, I wanted this to happen in real life as Scarlett has been doing a whole lot of sweet F.A. and this would tie in perfectly with her search for a client. I do think Johnny Impact could be the fact of the company, I would like to see how you handle him in terms of turning him from John Morrison to indie star to LU royalty to Impact's top babyface.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    FINAL HOUR

Thicc and braided blonde hair...I love Taya. And a nice way to start the night, getting the action going right from the start. Callis making excuses for Kross was good, felt like Callis, and bringing up Johnny's movie was hilarious.

Getting ready for the opening contest...nope! Bringing back Pentagon and Fenix to jump The OGz is good. Could be what actually happened, I can't remember. Damn, it was like two weeks ago haha. Hopefully this leads to a 3 team match at Homecoming(assuming you're going the homecoming route) instead of how they did it in real life.

Damn. Made Jordynn look like a beast. Will definitely be interesting to see how you use her, especially up against Tessa.

Callihan! I'm all for this championship change, as I thought they were gonna push him to the top right after the Eddie feud. Shows what I know. Callihan has a great character and can't wait to see what you do with him, especially now that he's champ!

Can't believe Ima say this, glad Moose got the win. As a lifelong hater of Moose, I've really been enjoying his overly cocky character since aligning with Aries and Kross. And the Eddie crazy stuff, got old very quickly. Was cool at the start. Match was well written! Wonder if you're going to continue with Moose and Kross being together, or if you've got other plans for Moose.

"Killed Kross...no I don't like that" had me laughing.

So initially I was against Kross winning the championship, but the more I think about it the more I'm down with it. Kross wining and being the top guy is a great way to set yourself apart from the real product, which is a good thing. Plus, aligning with Scarlett is also cool, I've seen clips of them together in other promotions so you know they work well together. It's funny that even though I had just read Cage dropping the championship, as soon as Kross won I thought "Hell yeah, option c, Cage versus Kross for the championship!"

A good first show! Did a few things to set yourself apart from real life, and got a few things in motion for the future. That's even without having HBK show up! Forgot all about him till I scrolled down and saw the preview for the next episode. Looking forward to seeing how he factors into everything. Keep it up, I'll be reading!
    Nah that's not what actually happened, funny note, the match was originally intended to be OGz vs Lucha Brothers but on my graphic I put LAX vs OGz and didn't save it before I added text (whoops..) so I kind of just.. winged it a little LOL. Yeah I'm with you, I'm surprised they didn't do more with Sami, especially after how hot him and Penta were after their Slammiversary bout, people were RAVING about that match.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    Nice to see someone give the focus to Impact Wrestling for a change, for the most part I've been enjoying their most recent overhaul, so it'll be interesting to see how and where you take it.

I enjoyed the back and forth between Don and Josh, albeit it's still Josh Mathews (eyeroll).

Good opening segment from the OGz and Lucha Brothers, I'm a fan of both teams though I'm curious whether LAX will be involved again at some point given the fact that this appears to be your main tag team focus. If you are building towards an epic three-way tag feud then LAX need some focus at some point given that they're the champions. Here it was very much about the other characters involved.

Moose gives a very honest interview here, while I'm not a fan of him in real-life, I liked how he tore into Eddie without really having to dig that deep for flaws about him and the shade directed at Tommy Dreamer was also enjoyable.

Again enjoy how you use commentary to keep the continuity going throughout the show.

I definitely think Jordynne Grace is someone special and again I'm interested to see where you take the character. Enjoyed the spinebuster into the Bearhug sequence, gave a nice visual.

I think Sami Callihan has been a sleeper hit for Impact Wrestling this past year, I'm surprised that he's not yet held any title, therefore I'm glad that you've given him the X-Division belt. Is he what springs to mind when I think of the X-Division? No. However I do like it when someone with a different style holds the belt given that the original ethos was that the belt was for all-comers. I'm feeling that given oVe's actions during the match that this isn't the last encounter with Cage. I do think Brian Cage is impressive also, so some focus on him definitely wouldn't hurt the product.

I know that HBK being in Impact was this booker's 'thing' but I didn't know if it would be on-screen or off-screen. It makes sense for him to show his face and while others say it's unbelievable that this would ever happen, I think that it could be plausible if he was doing it for the sake of creating competition in wrestling again. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in Vegas.

Two things: Firslty, I hate the 'Dummy' gimmick thing, I know the fans liked it but it doesn't scream World Heavyweight Champion to me. Second thing, are we acknowledging that Joseph Parks is Abyss now and Chris Parks isn't/is also? I always liked the fact that they played it up that Joseph was his 'brother' or Abyss without him actually ever knowing.

Was it too early to put the belt on Kross? Well given that this is Impact for starters, there's never a thing as 'too early'. I think it could work if Kross becomes a star rather than a henchman and having Scarlett Bordeaux as his mouthpiece works! I don't know if Taya's attack was Scarlett again, I did find it a reach that dainty, small Scarlett could single-handedly beat up Wera Loca but then maybe she's got hired help (#foreshadowing), given that she's debuting on the next show. The first time I read this, I wanted this to happen in real life as Scarlett has been doing a whole lot of sweet F.A. and this would tie in perfectly with her search for a client. I do think Johnny Impact could be the fact of the company, I would like to see how you handle him in terms of turning him from John Morrison to indie star to LU royalty to Impact's top babyface.
    To be fair, Josh has been a lot more tolerable alongside Don, more-so than when he was trying to get himself over as a heel act on the show.

Glad you enjoy the use of commentary, I enjoy writing it a fair bit :D Yeah, I personally was not a fan of the Kross/Aries alignment, and then adding Moose into it, I felt like they slightly booked themselves into a dead end there, they just didn't have the guys that would pose as viable threats to them.

Thanks for the reviews boys! Next show will be up within the next day, almost done writing it

Thread Information