Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Big Japan, & Wrestle-1 Present: "All Star Battle" - February 2019

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

NJPW NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Big Japan, & Wrestle-1 Present: "All Star Battle" - February 2019

This show was announced for taking place next year, just after the FantasticaMania tour and will commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Giant Baba's death and the Anniversary of Tokyo Sports (more importantly to NJPW specifically since TS is backing the show.).

It's still a bit early for the card but tons of speculation is going on on all kinds of Puroresu centered places, and there's no reason to not bring the fun here. This is the first time all 3 groups are involved in a show together since the last time Tokyo Sports put together a show for the Earthquake benefit show titled All Together. Sadly, I think a lot of people's dreams of big singles matches are highly unlikely to come to pass, and even NJPW having any interpromotional matches at all is a bit unlikely, though they will probably represent and due to their politicking I'm sure the CHAOS vs Bullet Club match they offer will be the main event. (Hopefully, my one realistic wish is that the foreigners are nonexistent on this show unless they are from AJPW due to the respect for Baba who has his namesake on the show)

That said, whatever happens it will be interesting to see these guys intermingle and the idea is pretty cool. Hopefully it'll rise above my expectations and things go well. What do you guys think of this concept and any potential matches you'd like to see?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW, AJPW, & NOAH Present: "All Star Battle" - February 2019

Wrestle-1 and Big Japan Pro Wrestling has been added too

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

Re: NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Big Japan, & Wrestle-1 Present: "All Star Battle" - February 20

If five promotions (as it stands) are involved, then I think there's a solid chance the elite/Bullet Club will have a minimal footprint on this show and it'll be native heavy. God willing come Feb 2019 Hiroshi Tanahashi will be the IWGP Heavyweight Champion so if they want to leave Kenny off the card they could, and I see no reason why the likes of Bucks, Cody or Scurll would be flown in for this. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

What I don't want is just showcase matches of each company like a couple NJPW Vs NJPW matches, couple of NOAH Vs NOAH matches etc, mix it up with random teams and trios taking on other random teams. Something like the All Together cards.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Re: NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Big Japan, & Wrestle-1 Present: "All Star Battle" - February 20

The first batch of guys were announced for this:

Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Kento Miyahara
    Naomichi Marufuji
    Jun Akiyama
    Daisuke Sekimoto
    Great Kojika
    Takao Omori
    Taichi
    Yoshinobu Kanemaru
    Tomoaki Honma
    Masanobu Fuchi
    Kazushi Miyamoto
    Tomohiko Hashimoto
    Taiyo Kea

Taichi & Kanemaru first class, baby! All the big guys will be in this eventually.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Run Kento Miyahara vs. Kazuchika Okada, Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Tomihiro Ishii, and Hideki Suzuki vs. Minoru Suzuki. Thank you!

EDIT: One can dream, that is.
    Todd Chavez: I'm deeply sad and nothing can make me happy.

Also, eat the rich.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

That’s an uninspiring first batch of names from NJPW. Taichi And Kanemaru are shit and Honma looks done, I don’t think we’re ever getting pre-neck injury Honma level stuff again. Big match Tanahashi is no surprise, the next IWGP Heavyweight champion had to be there.

the big players elsewhere are getting in the act as expected.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The NJPW involvement in Kakiride makes me think it will primarily mean NJPW wrestlers only face other NJPW wrestlers on this show and that is a big reason BJW and W-1 got the call after it was initially supposed to just be the big 3. This won't happen but If I were Uncle Jun or Uchida I would try my damndest to organize a GHC Title vs. Triple Crown one on one match to main event the show with both titles on the line. This is a huge show for publicity purposes but NJPW are going to bully them otherwise to where they get most of the shine and credit. A title match would X out NJPW and make sure everyone ends up talking about them instead. They can easily just do a time limit draw and it would help them out greatly with all kinds of history to play off of and there's nothing NJPW could do to stop it. Odds are Sugiura drops the title before this show to the winner of the Global League but a Kento vs. anybody match would be spectacular as we just saw with Zeus.

Also realistic option would be an all champions tag match to main event. Hideki/Sugiura vs. Kento/Ashino would be freaking incredible.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Don't expect any interaction between New Japan and the other companies. Maybe a few matches between NOAH and All Japan and a title match from W-1 and BJW. Should be a good event but nothing too crazy.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Taiyo Kea, Jun Akiyama and Takao Omori vs Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima and Osamu Nishimura has been announced for this show.

Good to see something integration with the rosters on the lower cards. Kojima and Nagata from New Japan, Akiyama and Omori from All Japan and freelancers like Taiyo Kea and Osamu Nishimura.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Here is the updated card for the show:

Giant Baba Death 20th Memorial Box Office Committee Produce "GIANT BABA DEATH 20TH MEMORIAL BOX OFFICE ~ OJA NO TAMASHI* ~ ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER RETIREMENT MEMORIAL ~ SARABA JUJUTSUSHI**", 19.02.2019
    Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

-. Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & TAKA Michinoku vs. Masanobu Fuchi, Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Yuma Aoyagi
    -. Special 3 Way Tag Match: SANADA & BUSHI vs. Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto vs. Ayato Yoshida & Shota Umino
    -. Giant Baba Memorial Battle Royal: Mitsuo Momota, Kim Duk, MEN's Teioh, TARU, Ryuji Hijikata, Yuto Aijima, etc.
    -. Satoshi Kojima , Yuji Nagata & Osamu Nishimura vs. Jun Akiyama , Takao Omori & Taiyo Kea
    -. Mil Mascaras & Dos Caras vs. Kaz Hayashi & NOSAWA Rongai

Also announced: Hiroshi Tanahashi , Tomoaki Honma , Kento Miyahara , Great Kojika , Daisuke Sekimoto , Naomichi Marufuji , Kazushi Miyamoto, Tomohiko Hashimoto, Atsushi Onita & Kendo Kashin

http://purolove.com/
    Tons of New Japan vs All Japan interactions. Awesome.
    Last edited by MC 16; 01-11-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

how the fuck does an 'etc.' work when listing participants for a battle royal?

NOSAWA? fucksake.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    how the fuck does an 'etc.' work when listing participants for a battle royal?

NOSAWA? fucksake.
    I don't know tbh. Maybe it makes better sense in Germany (I doubt it though).

NOSAWA is fine, nothing special though. At least he is in a match where he won't drag down the others.

WAKE UP

Status

who is Tomohiko Hashimoto?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    who is Tomohiko Hashimoto?
    Some early 00's DDT/indies guy according to google.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

sounds like exactly what this show needs to really draw people in

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Holy Cow!! Yes, yes please. This should is beginning to take shape. Marufuji vs Mochizuki?! This is gonna be amazing.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

So here's the final card for this:

Gianta Baba Memorial Battle Royal (Special Ref: Mighty Inoue): Kim Duk, Mitsuo Momota, Joel Deaton, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Masahito Kakihara, Masao Inoue, MEN's Teioh, Tamon Honda, Yuto Aijima, TARU, Ryuji Hijikata, Yasu Urano

Yuma Aoyagi, Masa Fuchi, Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs. TAKA Michinoku, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Street Fight Bunkhouse Deathmatch: Atsushi Onita, Hideki Hosaka, Kendo Kashin, & Hideki Suzuki vs. Great Kojika, Mitsuya Nagai, Hikaru Sato, & Shuji Ishikawa

Tomoaki Honma, Yuji Okabayashi, Naoya Nomura, & Ren Narita vs. Kazushi Miyamoto, Tomohiko Hashimoto, Daichi Hashimoto, & Takuya Nomura

Abdullah the Butcher Retirement featuring: Keiji Muto, Stan Hansen, Tiger Mask I, Hisashi Shinma

Naomichi Marufuji/Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Masaaki Mochizuki/Shun Skywalker

SANADA/BUSHI vs. Jake Lee/Koji Iwamoto vs. Ayato Yoshida/Shota Umino

Mil Máscaras/Dós Caras vs. Kaz Hayashi/NOSAWA

Yuji Nagata/Satoshi Kojima/Osamu Nishimura vs. Jun Akiyama/Takao Omori/Taiyo Kea

Kento Miyahara/Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi/Yoshitatsu

WAKE UP

Status

too much dead wood, all the matches that could potentially be decent have atleast one shitball who'll drag it down

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

As expected, NOAH on the outside looking in due to political reasons & we get a bunch of uninteresting hodgepodge matches in the undercard though I think nearly anyone would say that Hideki Suzuki & Shuji Ishikawa should have been in another match besides that stinkfest deathmatch. The main event is interesting just due to the Kento/Tana face-off that should be the highlight of the show but I really question the legacy of Baba being represented by Yoshitatsu in a match.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

lmao couldn't even give people Marufuji/Mochizuki that got rumoured earlier in the week. Doesn't looks like anything worth watching here on paper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information