Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Status
      Country                    United States

NBA 2018-19 NBA Season Discussion Thread

The NBA season is finally here!

Numerous things have happened in the offseason: DeMarcus Cousins joins the Warriors to form their own version of the "Fab Five," LeBron going Hollywood by leaving Cleveland once again to join the Lakers in a quest to give the Lakers their first NBA championship since the 2009-10 season. Kawhi Leonard getting a fresh start in his new home in Toronto playing for the Raptors. In return for the Spurs, DeMar DeRozen gets sent to the Spurs in an effort to keep the Spurs' future bright, after seeing the remaining members of the Spurs dynasty of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, depart from the team.

Now starts the official 2018-19 NBA season.

Can LeBron take the Lakers back to the playoffs and beyond, and have LaVar Ball shut the hell up?

Could the Warriors eclipse the 73-9 record with the acquisition of Cousins?

Can Harden repeat as MVP?

Let's get some discussions going!

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Re: 2018-19 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Not just because of last night's performance, I think Houston is going to be a 3 or 4 seed this year. OKC might be the 2 seed.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Cardcaptor

Status

Warriors win the west.
    90% of the NBA discussion all year is about LeBron James.
    Celtics win the east.
    Warriors win the finals.
    Everything will surely be alright.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Somewhat irrelevant but this Gordon Hayward commercial to the tune of Devilman Crybaby OST.

No One

Status

Kawhi Leonard is so good. And obviously Lowry is doing a great job of helping fit into the team. Lakers should've pulled the trigger to get Leonard no matter what young guy they had to lose. There's no way the Lakers make the playoffs unless Kuzma/Ingram start to play with way more confidence.

Also, that Jazz/Warriors game was so good. Great booking with Jerebko getting the game winning tip-in to win it for Warriors on his former team.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Not just because of last night's performance, I think Houston is going to be a 3 or 4 seed this year. OKC might be the 2 seed.
    Houston might be the 3 or 4 seed but I'll be damned if OKC finish ahead of us.

I was always opposed to getting Melo. Anyone with any sense can tell he's washed, he isn't a real good fit with what we thrive at and it's been a sentiment for years now that he's shitty in the locker room. He will be our greatest detriment I feel. Ennis on the wing is a good fit though. I'd say good addition there. MCW probably will not be in the rotation long unless something dramatic happens. Knight is interesting because he has still never put it all together but I felt there were times in Detroit and Milwaukee where he showed some flashes. If he plays this season I will be very intrigued to see how he does on our system.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’m a basketball guy now again. Go Sixers. Iverson forever. Trust the Process.

and gritty rules
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

No One

Status

Disappointing loss against the rockets. Not sure what happened with Ingram. That punch was super stupid and cheap on his part but im not blaming Rondo for retaliating against Paul. Hopefully there was a legit reason for Ingram to get so aggravated. Im assuming Ingram is the only one with a legit long tern suspension. But I wont mind a Rondo suspension if it means Lonzo plays even more.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

A lot of media people are reporting that Rondo spit on Paul.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

That sure was some shit. Really poor game by both teams I would say. CP and Harden did their job though. Ingram I'd say really comes out of this whole thing looking the worst and probably gets biggest punishment I would think.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Jon View Post
    Disappointing loss against the rockets. Not sure what happened with Ingram. That punch was super stupid and cheap on his part but im not blaming Rondo for retaliating against Paul. Hopefully there was a legit reason for Ingram to get so aggravated. Im assuming Ingram is the only one with a legit long tern suspension. But I wont mind a Rondo suspension if it means Lonzo plays even more.
    I mean Ingram was pissed about getting a Technical Foul and he got into the face of the Referee which is fucking stupid, which lit the fire for everything else to come after that. I expect Ingram gets a few games, but Paul and Rondo might get more for throwing down.

When it comes to my Sixers man did they skate away with a win barely vs The Magic tonight. At one point they were down double digits to the Magic and thank goodness they came alive offensively. Nikola Vucevic vs Joel Embiid battle tonight was great to watch, I'm still pissed my Sixers organization gave him up especially after how much a Lemon Bynum was never playing a single minute, I didn't think Bynum to be the player he once was on the Court.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean Ingram was pissed about getting a Technical Foul and he got into the face of the Referee which is fucking stupid, which lit the fire for everything else to come after that. I expect Ingram gets a few games, but Paul and Rondo might get more for throwing down.

When it comes to my Sixers man did they skate away with a win barely vs The Magic tonight. At one point they were down double digits to the Magic and thank goodness they came alive offensively. Nikola Vucevic vs Joel Embiid battle tonight was great to watch, I'm still pissed my Sixers organization gave him up especially after how much a Lemon Bynum was never playing a single minute, I didn't think Bynum to be the player he once was on the Court.
    Idk Ingram threw a punch too, was in the ref's shit and shoved Harden so I'm thinking his discipline will be as bad or worse. Bad look for him though. Seemed like he was pretty upset he couldn't guard Harden (which is understandable how he draws fouls like no other) and I'm not even sure what Rondo's issue was. Dude loves playing head games but so does CP3. That's a combustible match up if I've ever seen it.

On Vacation

Status

No One

Status

Raptors probably gonna hit the 60 win mark this season.

On Vacation

Status

Raptors probably gonna hit the 60 win mark this season.
    With the way they are playing so far it could happen still early though. Hopefully my Sixers can beat up the Pistons tomorrow night for some reason the Pistons play us tough going back to the late 90's and early 2000's. Hell their was a trade on the table to send AI to the Pistons in 2000 and with what the Sixers would of gotten back for him, they made the smart decision well it was more so Matt Geiger refused to re-work a trade kicker for the deal to work within the salary cap.

Status

I don't think D'Angelo Russell will ever become the player I was hoping he would. Not entirely his fault, he literally threw away the game for the Nets tonight.

Oh and the Rockets still going to the WCF fuck who ever says otherwise.

No One

Status

I don't think it's a guarantee for Houston. Too much competition. Any team that makes the West playoffs can make the WCF imo, all to lose to Warriors

Status

I don't think it's a guarantee for Houston. Too much competition. Any team that makes the West playoffs can make the WCF imo, all to lose to Warriors
    Obviously.

The Warriors are just overpowered with talent. They're basically the "Dream Team" in the NBA. That's why it's frustrating to watch the playoffs because it's very obvious that the Warriors will shred through anyone without hesitation.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

No One

Status

Not frustrating to me. The Warriors are entertaining to watch. On the other hand, back when Miami Heat had their super team, it was fun to hate on them and cheer on for a team to upend them. Doesn't come close to ruining my enjoyment of the league. Absolutely enjoyed seeing Warriors slap Cleveland & Houston last playoffs.

Status

Not frustrating to me. The Warriors are entertaining to watch. On the other hand, back when Miami Heat had their super team, it was fun to hate on them and cheer on for a team to upend them. Doesn't come close to ruining my enjoyment of the league. Absolutely enjoyed seeing Warriors slap Cleveland & Houston last playoffs.
    Slap Houston!?

Bizarre description of a series that they were down 3-2 in before one of our two stars went down.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information