Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2018-19 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I'm not sure which is funnier, OMB thinking the draft was rigged or that Anthony Davis is the best player in the league.
    Considering that GM's were asked if they had a draft with all players in NBA and a majorty of them choose Davis with 1st pick. Davis also is a bigger difference maker then LBJ I mean sure you could say Steph, Greek Freak, Westbrook, Durant, Leonard are better but, Davis is still young and is a beast when out on court.

Too add about rig like I said I was just pissed NY didn't get Zion how many times do I got to say it. Then again all your opinions are more valid then mine right?

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Considering that GM's were asked if they had a draft with all players in NBA and a majorty of them choose Davis with 1st pick. Davis also is a bigger difference maker then LBJ I mean sure you could say Steph, Greek Freak, Westbrook, Durant, Leonard are better but, Davis is still young and is a beast when out on court.
    So, in other words, Davis isn't the best player in the league, right? Good grief, I don't even know why I bother conversing with you.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Al Pacino Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    So, in other words, Davis isn't the best player in the league, right? Good grief, I don't even know why I bother conversing with you.
    I am saying you could argue that. I am not saying that's my opinion, mine is Davis is the best player in my league however apparently your thoughts are facts. So why should I bother saying anything.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I am saying you could argue that. I am not saying that's my opinion, mine is Davis is the best player in my league however apparently your thoughts are facts. So why should I bother saying anything.
    Good lord man, try to relax. I'm just poking a little fun. I didn't realize you were going to take my comments so seriously.

In other news, the Raptors start their series tonight against the Bucks and, while I'm not a fan of the team, I still hope they make a good showing because it always helps out local business here in Toronto. It would be amazing if they could win, but on the other hand I've got money on the Bucks, so I'm kind of rooting for them.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

FWIW, I'd take Giannis over AD every day of the week if there was a start-from-scratch draft and I had the No. 1 pick.

I'd take AD second, though. Not sure on the order but Kawhi and Durant are third and fourth. And I have no clue who I'd take fifth.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    FWIW, I'd take Giannis over AD every day of the week if there was a start-from-scratch draft and I had the No. 1 pick.

I'd take AD second, though. Not sure on the order but Kawhi and Durant are third and fourth. And I have no clue who I'd take fifth.
    Giannis is an easy first pick. Absolutely zero fucking question. AD has easy injury scares even if he's mostly been healthy. I think he's on the fringe of my five. I probably wouldn't grab anyone 30 or over. Kawhi would be my #2. He's proven himself capable of leading a championship team with the right environment. Durant struggled with Westbrook and needed the help of a Championship winning team to get the job done, plus he's 30. Top 5 player easy, maybe #1, but I don't grab him.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Norway

Giannis, Kawhi, Curry, Durant and KAT.

Status

Picking Curry that high is wild. He's a Hall of Famer and the greatest shooter of all time but he's 31, not a good defensive player, and has an injury history with his lower body. He's a top-10 pick but there are a lot of players (mostly younger ones, wings and bigs) who I'd pick first if I was building a franchise.

KAT is a good shout for No. 5, especially considering his season this year, after a top 4 of Giannis, AD, Kawhi and Durant. I'd also consider Embiid but his health scares me. I might even just throw in Zion at No. 5 if we can include soon-to-be-picked rookies.

After more thought:
    1. Giannis
    2. AD
    3. Durant
    4. Kawhi (interchangeable with Durant honestly)
    5. Zion
    6. Harden
    7. KAT
    8. Embiid
    9. Curry
    10. Doncic, Paul George, or Dame, not sure

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

If I was building a team I'm sure as hell not putting anyone who can't consistently get themselves open and make a jumper at the top of it UNLESS it's Giannis who has such a unique skill set that I will look past his lack of shooting. Assuming this is a fantasy draft type scenario and we're looking to the future my top 10 would be something like:

1. Giannis
    2. Harden
    3. Kawhi
    4. KD
    5. Dame
    6. Steph
    7. AD
    8. Embiid
    9. Jokic
    10. KAT, George, Dipo, Mitchell, Doncic, other..

EDIT: I would add that 2 through 4 is a virtual tie
    Last edited by The EC; 05-15-2019 at 02:54 PM.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Picking Curry that high is wild. He's a Hall of Famer and the greatest shooter of all time but he's 31, not a good defensive player, and has an injury history with his lower body. He's a top-10 pick but there are a lot of players (mostly younger ones, wings and bigs) who I'd pick first if I was building a franchise.

KAT is a good shout for No. 5, especially considering his season this year, after a top 4 of Giannis, AD, Kawhi and Durant. I'd also consider Embiid but his health scares me. I might even just throw in Zion at No. 5 if we can include soon-to-be-picked rookies.

After more thought:
    1. Giannis
    2. AD
    3. Durant
    4. Kawhi (interchangeable with Durant honestly)
    5. Zion
    6. Harden
    7. KAT
    8. Embiid
    9. Curry
    10. Doncic, Paul George, or Dame, not sure
    I was making a half-sarcastic answer lol didn't expect to have someone agree with me on KAT I was half suspecting Fuji coming in and telling me to quit being such a homer.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I was making a half-sarcastic answer lol didn't expect to have someone agree with me on KAT I was half suspecting Fuji coming in and telling me to quit being such a homer.
    I'm turning over a new leaf.

Tbh, I wouldn't argue much with putting him in the top 5.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Status

Yeah KAT isn't a top ten player in the league right now but his youth and room to grow definitely makes him a high prospect to build a team around. I know Wolves fans are tired of hearing it, but man that team really is right on the cusp if they can make one or two more good moves. Shame their lottery luck continues to be terrible.

(Not that big a shame though, I have no pity for Minnesota sports)

I'd probably still go Durant after Giannis because even though he's rounding the 30 corner he's proven in the playoffs he's still so so deadly in a lot of ways, and I think if you build a team around him RIGHT NOW you're still getting a good few years of prime-to-near-prime KD and he's an absolute fucking weapon. Then I'd definitely be looking at Kawhi and AD next.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Total Nonstop Silk: Reviewing TNA from the Moment of IMPACT
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I like this healthy discussion going on with your top players in the NBA and here are my top 10 and no particular order.

1. Kawhi
    2. Curry
    3. Klay
    4. Lillard
    5. KD
    6. Greek Freak
    7. Durant
    8. Doncic
    9. Embiid
    10. Durant

For sure I love me Guards who can drop a 3 in your face, as well as Guards that are speedy and get through screens and drop buckets like no other. I used love playing the Pick and Roll playing Basketbal and I see players do it today it warms my heart. No Simmons on my list, love the kid, but needs to dedicate this Offseason to Shooting and getting that mental block he has knocked down or more and more the franchise I believe will lose faith in him.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Brook fucking Lopez. Goddamn.

Sent from the Panthermobile

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Total Nonstop Silk: Reviewing TNA from the Moment of IMPACT
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah 29 points for Lopez was not something anyone saw I bet vs The Raptors in Game 1. It seemed like he was on fire NBA Jam style th whole game. The Raptors as a team played really well, but just when Kawhi can't give it ya what happens they falter at the wrong moment. I look forward to how they play in Game 2 because all Playoffs they would go from one Game playing well, and the next it looked like no one else wanted to shoot and step up other than Kawhi.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    If I was building a team I'm sure as hell not putting anyone who can't consistently get themselves open and make a jumper at the top of it UNLESS it's Giannis who has such a unique skill set that I will look past his lack of shooting. Assuming this is a fantasy draft type scenario and we're looking to the future my top 10 would be something like:

1. Giannis
    2. Harden
    3. Kawhi
    4. KD
    5. Dame
    6. Steph
    7. AD
    8. Embiid
    9. Jokic
    10. KAT, George, Dipo, Mitchell, Doncic, other..

EDIT: I would add that 2 through 4 is a virtual tie
    I forgot Jokic. Fuck. Put him in at 7 in place of KAT for my list and bump KAT down to 9 with Curry at 10. Honestly, I'd put Jokic above Harden, too. Make him 6th for me. I blanked on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I like this healthy discussion going on with your top players in the NBA and here are my top 10 and no particular order.

1. Kawhi
    2. Curry
    3. Klay
    4. Lillard
    5. KD
    6. Greek Freak
    7. Durant
    8. Doncic
    9. Embiid
    10. Durant

For sure I love me Guards who can drop a 3 in your face, as well as Guards that are speedy and get through screens and drop buckets like no other. I used love playing the Pick and Roll playing Basketbal and I see players do it today it warms my heart. No Simmons on my list, love the kid, but needs to dedicate this Offseason to Shooting and getting that mental block he has knocked down or more and more the franchise I believe will lose faith in him.
    Not top 10 players in the NBA. It's who you'd pick if you were starting a franchise from scratch and everyone was available to pick. So you have to value youth. Putting Curry, Klay and Lillard above Giannis is treason. You also had Durant three times. lol

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

Jokic over Harden??? That's wild as hell to me.

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Jokic over Harden??? That's wild as hell to me.
    A 24 y/o big man who averages a near triple-double is hard to pass. It's really not that wild. Harden is amazing, but there's a ton of guys I'd grab over him, like Steph Curry (he managed to lead a team to a title, unlike ole' Harden).

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    A 24 y/o big man who averages a near triple-double is hard to pass. It's really not that wild. Harden is amazing, but there's a ton of guys I'd grab over him, like Steph Curry (he managed to lead a team to a title, unlike ole' Harden).
    Curry is completely understandable. Someone as untested and unproven as Jokic I don't get. James Harden is a historically good offensive player that wraps any defense to have to adjust to him (similar to a Curry). He's been to the WCF Finals with two different coaches, been top 2 in the MVP race for the past 5 seasons, spearheaded the team that has been the biggest pain for the Warriors the last few seasons, arguably would have made it to the Finals last year if not for a series of unfortunate and uncontrollable events, is only 29 years old still, getting better every season and has no major injury history. Jokic is an amazing prospect and soon to be a top 10 player but we don't know about his ability to take a team deep in the Playoffs, plus he's a big man in an NBA that is run by guards/wings. Seems like an easy decision to me but I really shouldn't be as surprised as I am by the statement tbf.

Underdog

Status

I'd agree with the Jokic over Harden if I was starting a team right now. Joker has been brought along slowly by Denver, seeing his minutes and production increase year to year. Harden has to have the offense run through him, needs the ball in hands, chucks up a lot of shots and many of his points relies on him getting to the line. Nothing that hasn't been said before. He carried the Rockets on his back, but it's an unsustainable way to play.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information