Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2019

Status

Re: Football Manager 2019

Small addendum... I had a bit of time last night to play. The save started on a Tuesday. I had a match against Defensa y Justica on Wednesday that was the second leg of a Copa Sudamericana round. Friday was the second leg of the Mineiro state championship against Cruzeiro. And then Sunday was the first league match, against Sao Paulo. 3 matches in 5 days. Fuck me, we rolling.

Won all three, but had to rotate some. The downloaded tactic seems to work pretty well - scored some nice goals from through balls which I wasn't seeing very often with the other tactic I've been using.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Midway through the second season with Atletico Mineiro in Brazil. Won the state championship (which was all over except for the second leg of the final), the
    Brasileiro, and the Copa Sudamericana (basically, the Europa League). Not really shocked at any of those - Mineiro have as many quality as almost anyone in the league, and the 4-3-3 gegenpress tactic works quite well.

Any save in Brazil is basically going to be about talent development, and having sold a fullback to Barcelona, Mineiro start with about 5m to spend. I targeted 4-star prospects in the 16-19 age range. Players in Brazil must have a release clause, as I've mentioned. And if the player is still on their first pro contract, its only about $275K. Promising players at slightly smaller clubs may still have that release clause even once they are 18 and starting to play for the first team. I got a box-to-box central mid named Jhonny Lucas from Parana for that $275K and he's been a regular starter for me.

Start of 2019 was the state championship, which is a cake-walk - basically just have to beat Cruzeiro in the semi final or final. But I decided to try something else tactically. Read about someone creating a possession tactic and decided to try something similar. Use the Tiki Taka base and a 4-3-3, then adjusted some things. Holy fuck balls, Batman. Smashing the state league with it wasn't surprising - as I've said, most of the clubs are well below the quality. First real test was against Racing of Argentina in the Recopa Sudamericana. Won 1-0 and then drew 1-1. And we controlled it entirely. Moved into the Brasileiro and the Group Stage of the Libertadores. Our group was River Plate, Santos, and Liga de Quito - a pretty tough grouping. Did the same thing to them - absolutely controlling possess and allowing almost no shots. Its not uncommon to have possession up to 70% and limit them to 3 or under shots. This dominance isn't necessarily leading to hidings - most matches are 1-0 or 2-0. I've toyed around with things to see if that can be improved, but switching the mentality, the roles, and even adjusting some Team Instructions.... nothing has made a notable difference yet.

Its actually quite nice to watch, although I've been using Instant Result a bit again lately. What blows my mind is how little we turn the ball over. I've had the central playmaker complete 185 passes. Not uncommon to have the other central mid (box to box), the DM (plain ole defensive mid) and at least one of the wingers have near to 100. And their pass completion percentage is often around 95-98%. The squad is good technically, but not a level above the rest of the league. I do have a big squad (in part because of prospects that are developing) so I can rotate heavily, which helps.

Made it through to the youth intake day of 2019. We are top in the league, in the semi final of the Copa Libertadores (against Racing again), and just won the Copa Brazil. I didn't even realize it was the cup final until it said we got $12m for winning it. That was completely unexpected - the prize for winning the league is like $4.5m. The squad is slowly transforming - I've had my oldhead defender retire, a veteran DM got unhappy and so got sold, and the GK and ST combo are retiring at the end of the year. Struggled a bit to keep other veterans happy with playing time. One versatile winger I finally told I would sell rather than promising him more playing time. I've offered him out repeatedly and while Monterrey have been interested for awhile, the only has come from a smaller Brazilian club and he turned them down. So now he hates me. Had another attacker ask to leave as he's looking for a new challenge. Fair play. Turns in a transfer request, start offering him out, suggest he try to find another club. 8 days and he's angry that I wasn't able to sell him. The only clubs interested are MLS clubs and they just want to loan him. Some of the promises and interaction stuff is still buggy as fuck. Sort it out, SI.

In the 2018 youth intake, I got 1 4-star newgen. An AMC who is capable at AML. Don't use an AMC so inside forward and he's developed very nicely. He would be getting more matches but its one of my deepest positions of strength, and the club already has a 4-star AML prospect (Bruninho). Between the real players I've poached from other clubs, newgens who I snapped up because they came through at tiny clubs that couldn't them signed to contracts, and newgen hunting through the rest of South America, we are pretty loaded. Central mid is probably the only spot I don't have multiple prospects in the pipeline for, but I have 5 under-20 players in the first team who play MC or DM so that's not worrying.

For the 2019 youth intake, I got 3 newgens were are 3.5 star or better. Plus a mediocre defender named Kid. The better two of three are basically the same as the 4-star guy I got the previous year. Typical FM. I will retrain the more creative one to be an AMR (I use more creativity there) and the other to a central mid role. The third is a RB, which is probably my second strongest position in terms of prospects in the pipeline, because I grabbed a couple of newgen RBs - one from Paraguay and one from Argentina - since I thought I might be losing my youngster to Porto.

As I'm trying to shed a few of the more veteran players, as the youngsters have better potential and are starting to surpass some in skill, I'm also expecting to start to lose some of those youngsters. That B2B I mentioned was wanted by Inter for a bit, and has a 17m release clause for clubs outside Brazil. I wouldn't blink if he left, even though I don't know if I'll get or develop another central mid as nicely rounded and who scores as many from the top of the box. But losing players is part of the equation. Losing a couple for 20m will make us rich, especially as replacements might only be a couple million at most. Or $275K lol. It would be really cool to hang onto to a few of the 4-star or better guys until they fully develop into world class players, but I'm not sure its likely, even if we are very rich.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

I've been playing this again regularly as well as WWE 2K19.

I'll update it with my Man Utd team and success and you'll all know it should be Order at the Wheel not Ole at the Wheel then.

Very interesting team to pick BP. Why so?
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I've been playing this again regularly as well as WWE 2K19.

I'll update it with my Man Utd team and success and you'll all know it should be Order at the Wheel not Ole at the Wheel then.

Very interesting team to pick BP. Why so?
    I really like this version of FM.

Well, I like and enjoy all of them. But this is a good'er for sure.

I don't have a good clear reason for picking Mineiro lol. When I first looked at Brazil, it was a couple FMs ago and it was the same problem that has plagued me a few times - what club? I've fairly gradually explored the FM world, slowly checking out different regions and countries. Quite often, I pick a bigger club to start with and then end trying a smaller club, and falling for them to a degree.

The Netherlands was one of the first, and goes back to probably FM06. I loved the history and technical approach of Ajax. Total Football was some of the first football lore I learned. But dominating the Netherlands with Ajax is pretty easy peasy, and not always fun, So around FM13 or 14, Vitesse caught my and my interest. Ran a save with them, and they are both a regular club for me to run on FM (although not on FM19 so far) and a club I follow in real life.

Then it was probably Russia, where I started to learn the history of the Soviet League and the clubs having links to the various soviet ministries and such. Lokomotiv Moscow just seemed.... cool. They became an "every version" save for me and again, a club I follow in real life now. I did try smaller clubs in Russia but nothing connected for me the way that Loko did.

Germany was a bit different. I took a liking to Hamburg pretty early (FM06ish, again) due to Vincent Kompany, Nigel de Jong, and Rafael van der Vaart. After they started to leave, I never really had a good save with them, but I kept trying. And Stuttgart as well. But once the Klopp-generation emerged at Dortmund, they were the one I had a great save with and took a liking to in real life. I don't run them anymore, because its too easy in a lot of ways.

Around FM16-17, I went further abroad and checked out Colombia and Mexico. In Colombia, I heard about the great youth setup a small club called Envigado and they are who I went with in FM, and again, took a shining to in real football. With Mexico, Pumas attracted me first, in large part because of awesome kit designs. But after a save or two with them, I dropped to a smaller club and tried out Lobos BUAP, who are now my Mexico go-to. And again, I follow them in real football.

I had looked at Brazil and Argentina around FM17. I read Angels with Dirty Faces and that had me looking over some clubs in Argentina but I couldn't really decide on one. I'd start up with a club like Estudientes but the starting level of talent would make it seem easy. Brazil was similar. I defaulted to Santos, partly because of the Pele link and partly because Cleon uses them in FM. Too much young talent, too easy (theoretically). An FM streamer I watch named Teach had a great save on FM18 in Argentina with Argentinos Juniors, the club that produced Maradona, and that was tempting but didn't want to flat copy Teach. Somehow I decided to try Brazil instead, and didn't one to go to one of the biggest, richest clubs. My perception was that clubs like Palmeiras, Sao Paulo, Gremio, Santos, Flamengo, and Corinthains were the elite clubs. Mineiro were outside of that. The club uses a black and white scheme, which is pretty cool. Cool logo. They are still big. They had some talent I recognized - they had Robinho at that point. They have a good youth system and are building a new stadium. The first save was fun and Mineiro hooked me - again, I now follow them in real football. But it turns out my perception was wrong. Brazil has more parity than most leagues. Sure, a club like Palmeiras had 10 league titles.... but only 2 since the mid 90s. Santos are smaller than I realized, and 6 of their 8 league titles were in the 60s. I had this perception of Gremio being huge, especially as they just won the Copa Libertadores in 2017.... but they haven't won Serie A since 1996. So Mineiro are a pretty big club - they have only one the league once, way back in 1971, but are 5x runners up and won the Libertadores back in 2013. So in a way, they are a bit bigger of a club than I tend toward now, but I just flat enjoy them.

TL:DR - I dunno, liked the colors
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So finished off 2019. Won the league at a canter. Absolutely smashed Racing in the first leg - the possession tactic was used and we had something like 70% possession and I don't think they had a single shot on target. The second leg was just 1-1, but it put us in the final against River Plate. A bit of a tough opponent but we beat them in most Group Stage matches. As of 2019, the Libertadores has a finale that's a single match instead of two legs. Neutral venue. We went down a goal early, but roared back and won 4-1.

Serie A ends up in early December and then we have the Club World Cup. Barcelona are the European rep for winning the Champions League, so expecting to lose to them. Both them and us join at the Semi Final stage. We draw against Sundowns from South Africa. Barcelona are facing Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande. We beat the South Africans 2-0. But shockingly, Barcelona lose to Guangzhou. So we face them in the final. 2-1 win and we are the best club in the world. That was... unexpected.

In late December, I finally managed to sell the two players who wanted to leave. The Uruguayan winger went for 1.8m and the Brazilian winger went for 3.5m. Both were worth 15m, but honestly, just getting rid of them and their unhappiness makes the money less meaningful.

There isn't much of a break between seasons, as I've stated. The players get like a week off, we play a couple of friendlies in the second week of January, and the state league is underway by the third week.

The save could get boring from this point, as there isn't much new to accomplish. But the intent was to make it a talent development save, and that should keep it interesting. As I mentioned, most of my oldheads have retired. I'm trying to find new ones - mid-30s players who aren't too far in decline and have positive personalities. Haven't found any yet. Training facilities are maxed out, youth training facilities are on their way there. The club moves into a new stadium later in 2020 (real move, not just in-game).

What I'm really waiting on is the rush of bidding for my players. Late in the year, quite a few started getting interest from European clubs. Porto want my rightback, Guga. As mentioned, Inter and then Atletico were interested my box-to-box wonderkid MC. Then finally got a bid. Benfica offered under 15m for my 19 year old wonderkid center back, Lucas Haller. I bought him at the very start from Athletico Paranaese and he's developed very well. Weird physicals for a CB - quite pacey but not particularly strong. Mental attributres aren't good enough for him to ever be world class and he doesn't have a ton of room left to get better. But performs consistently well. I countered the offer to 20m up front, 10m over 2 years, and left the 40% sell-on profit clause. They accepted. Deal isn't done yet but I don't see why he would reject them. Interesting thing is that he has a 27m release clause, so Benfica chose to pay more than necessary.

Quite happy. I don't need the money - we have 40m in the bank and something like 12m to spend that hasn't been spent. But I have a glut of center backs. The two starting first choice CBs are both European caliber. Both are 23 now. One isn't as pacey as I would like. The other got a Brazilian national team cap. Rever is 34 now and has no pace left but he's still with the club. I bought two other young Brazilian center backs in the first season - one is a real player from Santos and he's quite similar to Haller, but a year younger (even the same mediocre strength). The other is a newgen who is still just 17 yo. Have a Bolivian with great potential who has now started a couple of matches. And a couple of 3.5 / 4 star newgens I stole from other clubs on frees, but those guys are just developing in the youth squad. And I just spent 2.8m to bring in an Argentinian newgen who looks like he is going to develop into an absolute defensive colossus. I was tempted to bid when he was still just 17, and the scouts said it would take 2 to 4 million. He signed a new contract with a 2.8m release clause. So he wouldn't join us right after. But after 2 months, he would and we got him for cheaper. Just joined.

Clubs have been interested in one of the two fully developed CBs and I would be tickled if he went too.

We have quality and depth everywhere, basically. I have a keeper who is solid for the level and only 23, and an 18 year old behind him with good potential. Plus a 5-star Paraguayan newgen joining the club down the road. I stole two 5-star Brazilian newgens in the fall of 2019 and forgot about them until they joined in January. One is a left winger and the other is an AMC. The left winger is reasonably rated at LB and quite well rounded, so he's being retrained. I realized after the fact that he's right footed but fuck it. The AMC isn't really ideal for any spot so I think I'm going to try to turn him into a Box to Box MC. That's one thing I haven't found - prospects who are well rounded MCs that can become good box to box options. Even youngsters who are well rounded to start and will develop that way.

My only real concern at this point is that if some of the more developed prospects or established first team players don't move on, it will block the way for the next group. Which I can work around with loans if need be. But its really fun to see these players develop and turn into elite talent.

In my previous save in Brazil, I got offered the Brazil job, which was the first national team management I've done in a long long time. Nothing so far, but my rep is quite high. Would definitely take it offered again, although it would partly be to advertise and drive up the value of my youngsters :-|
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Pumped a bunch of time in over the weekend. Into August of 2020. The club moves into a brand new 40,000 seat stadium in October, so that's exciting.

Biggest change.... money money money money.

Last I checked, we had sold 210,000,000 worth of players in 2020. And I think that was before my rightback Guga went for 22m. And that window isn't closed yet.

After selling the wonderkid defender Haller, both of my more developed CBs went to Europe. My box-to-box wonderkid was wanted by a bunch of clubs so I figured he would go eventually. Atletico wanted him for months, but it was Bayern who finally made a bid. They offered something like 22m. I countered with 20m locked in up front, and 30m over 3 years. I suggested, they countered, and I put it back to the same, and repeated until they eventually accepted. One of the better negotiations I can recall in a long time in FM lol. So 50m total. I'm a bit sad to see him go - he's one of the most rounded box-to-box central mids I've seen of his age, and he scored quite a lot for an MC. I've been looking to find a player to develop into that but the newgens just don't start out that well rounded very commonly.

The club starts with three versatile non-Brazilian wingers in their mid-to-later 20s. Romulo Otero (starts away on loan), Yimmy Chara, and Juan Cazares. All three are solid players by the South American standard. All can play on either wing, so that versatility is nice. But with some youngsters coming thru, they weren't getting tons of matches and all three complained. I appeased them at first, then ended up saying I would sell them. Got between 10 and 20m for almost all of them. Otero went last, and Zenit paid the full 19.5m of his release clause.

In contrast to that $210m plus of sales, I've sent.... $13m. Most of that on the 22 year old Argentine defender, the 18 year old Argentina newgen CB, and an Argentine RB newgen. Loads of Brazilian youngsters coming in, but I think the most I've paid for one so far is $750K. The release clauses are wonderful.... until they aren't.

I do want and need some oldheads. I've been trying to dig up players with extremely positive personalities who are still good enough to be useful, but its a bit tough to find them. Most of those kind of players are in Europe and they don't want to move back to Brazil until they are declining.

So two things happened yesterday that I found annoying. One is buggy and one is just annoying. I've bitched before about how frustrating transfers can be at times. Clubs will make a lowball bid, unsettle a player, but then never follow up to take advantage of the situation they have created. Or players wanting to leave for irrational reasons.

Bit of background for the first "issue".... the club currently has two star strikers who are both wonderkids Alessandro started at the club, is currently 20 years old, and has something like 48 goals in 78 matches for CAM. Yuri Alberto was a 475K release clause buy at the start. He is currently 19, similar in development, a bit less productive, but also capable of playing on the right wing. Both have 40m release clauses and have 4 and 3 years remaining on their contracts respectively. Alessandro is valued at around 18m and has a bit of room to improve, while Yuri is about 15m and has a little bit more room to improve. Both were wanted by Napoli at various points thru the summer. In early August, I get two bids for Yuri - from Napoli and Leverkusen - for the exact same amount. It was, I think, something like 11m up front plus 2m over time. So below his "face value" and well less than half his release clause. I am absolutely willing to sell anyone, but for reasonable value. So I negotiate. Leverkusen end up going up to 22m. Napoli basically will not move up. Although its not a locked offer, they walk away when I ask for more. The player is upset but my captain calms him down. He ends up turning down the contract offer from Leverkusen and Napoli don't follow up.

Then a few days later in-game, Napoli offer 14m for Alessandro. Again, below his value, but WAY below this time. Again, they won't negotiate. I checked and they have 48m in the bank. This time, the player is upset and my captain can't settle him down. Neither does talking to him. He's fully unhappy at this point.

A day after that, Napoli bid 22m for an 18 year old wonderkid striker from Santos. It meets his release clause. He is less developed and less productive than my pair, with slightly more potential than either. His value was like 12m so they were willing to pay almost 200% for him, yet refused to pay anywhere near that amount for either of mine. I don't get it. There might be some mechanism in the game causing it, but its annoying as fuck. I would have taken 20m for either player. I'll roll with that. But repeatedly lowball for players and then pay OVER for a player from another club.... fuck that.

At the same time as Napoli is fucking with me, Santos bids 200K for a 17 year old defender. This is a kid I took from Boa for $275K after the first year youth intake. He wasn't overly developed but had 3.5 / 4 star potential, so he's just been in the U20s and developed nicely. He's far enough along that I would probably be rotating him in if I wasn't so loaded at the position already. Anyway, I turn down the 200K bid and the player is upset. His reason? He wants to join Santos because they play in the Copa Libertadores.

Except they don't.

Santos did play in the Libertadores this season, but they were knocked out in the qualifying stage. The Serie A season is half-over, so they haven't qualified for next seasons edition yet. We, however, do play in the Libertadores. We won it last year and are in the Quarter Final this year. There are many reasons this player could rationally want to leave us to join Santos, but the stated reason is not one of them.

Santos and another club followed up by bidding 600K, meeting his release clause. I tried to offer him a new contract to increase the clause, but he won't negotiate because he's mad. so we are going to lose him. Its not the most annoying thing in the game - doubling the money by sitting him in the U20s for 2 years ain't bad. He won't be a hard prospect to replace - Brazil produces as many 5-star newgens as any nation, and the 3.5 / 4 star types are damned common. Its not so much about finding a player like that, but finding many of them and picking the one you want to sign for the release clause. I am mostly targeting 5-star newgen types, both from Brazil and elsewhere in South America. Its ironic that literally half of my squad is young Brazilians of high potential - both real and newgen - that I have stolen from other Brazilian clubs for release clause values, and now its finally burning me in return.

I mentioned some of the players I've stolen thru 2020. 16 and 17 year old Brazilian newgens. Two attacking left wingers who could play at LB, so are being developed into Complete Leftbacks (successfully so far). An AMR who is starting to get matches. Two strikers (part of why I'm willing to sell either or both current first choice guys). An AMC who is already doing decent as an MC. An MC/DM who could either turn into a pretty good and rounded DM or a box-to-box type. A Chilean who is similar. Its great fun developing the talent.

The intent going forward it so be more selective and find the RIGHT prospect rather than simply a prospect with potential. Can seek out the right skillset (I particularly like hard-working players everywhere on the pitch) and positive personalities to start out with (since mentoring is a bit less impactful now). We have almost maxed out the facilities and we have two club-produced newgens who are rotating regularly in the first team, and two more who probably will. The next youth intake could give us even more.

Tactically, I switched it up against for this year. Mentioned before that I was using a 4-3-3 gegenpress, and created a 4-3-3 tiki-taka that dominated. But I never got that scoring like I wanted. So read up on someone using double mezzalas at the two MC spots and tried that. Its working, though there are still more 1-0 wins than I would like. The tiki-taka uses a DLP and B2B at MC and a DM at DM. The newer tactic uses two Mezzalas (one attacking and one support) and a DLP at the DM spot. Most of the MCs I've got fit either the playmaking mod or the more rounded Box-to-Box type, but both of those work pretty well as Mezzalas, so it doesn't require a restructuring. I do, however, lack the kind of DLP defensive mid I would like. I have 5 player who can and do play at DM - 2 of those are wonderkids and the other three are mid to later 20s players, one of whom plays at RB. All 5 are fairly rounded DMs - not purely defensive destroyer types but not really creative passers either. Even if these two wonderkids stay long enough to develop fully, they won't become the kind of player I'm envisioning. I'm thinking of a DM with really high Passing, First Touch, Vision, and Flair. A Piro, but with the athleticism and defensive skills to still anchor. I could simply retrain an attacking AMC into a deep attacking regista, but I want more defensive skill than that will provide. I recently grabbed a Brazilian DM newgen and a Chilean one, but both will probably end up as MCs because they don't look like they will give me what I seek either. That dream DLP isn't necessary but I think he would make this approach tick on another level.

And back to money.... last I looked we had 105m in the bank and my transfer budget was the same. The wage budget is only 700K but we are spending 500K, so its loads of room. As mentioned, our facilities are outstanding. The training facility is maxed out and the youth facility is almost there, and both junior coaching and youth recruitment are close to maxed out.

Almost forgot to mention.... got the Brazil national team manager job again. Last time, they offered it. This time, I saw the manager got sacked after a 3rd place finish at the Copa Libertadores so I asked and got it. One hundred percent I am using it to showcase my players.
    Last edited by Big Papa; 04-08-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Small update.

Almost through October of 2020. That's exciting, because the club moved to the new stadium at the start of the month. The Arena MRV sits 47,000 and has room to expand. We aren't filling it yet, but that was expected.

We are into the final of the Copa Libertadores again. Drew against Boca Juniors in the semi final. They are STRONG so was a bit leery. First leg was away.... 4-0. Okay, guess there wasn't much reason to worry. Second leg was 1-1 and we are playing River Plate in the final. If we can win it again, we extend our season a bit and play in the Club World Cup - the Serie A season ends just after the start of December.

Won the Copa Brazil without realizing it. Had back-to-back matches against Chapecoense over 3 days, and didn't look close enough to realize it was the Cup final and not the league. Having league matches that close together, or playing the same club twice in the league, isn't abnormal in Brazil. Smashed the first match and then had a close win in the second, and was surprised to see that it was the cup final. Yay! Mentioned it before probably, but the prize for winning the Cup is significantly more lucrative than the league. Cup prize is $12m and the league is like $4.5m.

Not that money matters much to us at this point. I think we have $122m in the bank and our transfer fund is something like $115m. Our wage budget is $975K per week and we are spending around $450K per week. We are getting close to the point where selling out top young players will bring in bigger money. The one central mid got us $50m from Bayern but most others have been $20m to $30m. I think the $50m and up will become more normalized going forward. I've seen others have saves where they regularly get over $100m for their top players, which would be fun.... but like I said, we are already rich enough that money just doesn't matter. I am stocked up with prospects in the pipeline. Too many, maybe. So if someone leaves, I already have someone in place to step up. So I'll buy a 16-18 year old to become the new backups backup and keep churning. And that 16-18 year old is probably going to cost me under $1m

Take my fullbacks for example. I love a good attacking fullback and they are often the highest-rated players in my squad. Mineiro aren't really strong on the defensive corners to start. The have some veteran fullbacks (Fabio Santos and Patric), a versatile central mid who does quite well at RB (Jose Welison), and a pretty good prospect (Guga). I bought an attacking LB at the start for like $275K (he's actually a LW and he just moved to RB Leipzig in reality) - Luan Candido. Candido and Guga were my first choice (which basically means every second match, because they are so constant) and both developed. Guga moved for 22m. Welison just complained over playing time - actually saying he didn't think he was good enough to be a regular starter - so I TLd him and he's moving for 7.5m. But I started going after newgens as soon as they popped up. I mentioned last post the left wingers I grabbed who could already play at LB and started retraining them (I love doing that), and since both are actually more right-footed, I will be training both to play on the right as well. Both could/should become world class and I think both were $300K to steal on release clause. I took a pretty decent newgen RB from Santos and because he's fairly two-footed, he's able to play either side - he won't be long-term first choice because he's not quite attacking enough and doesn't have top level potential, just quite good. I have a Bolivian LB who I stole at 16 and who developed pretty well in the 2 years before he could join - he's getting some matches now and he's solid. My big early buy was a 2.8m Argentine RB when I wasn't sure Guga would be good enough, Bandoni. He also took time before he could join, has developed, and other than being a bit slow, could also become an elite RB. And while I haven't played him, we also got a 4-star newgen in the 2nd youth intake, who wasn't that developed but has been getting better in the U20s and probably needs a chance soon. Candido just got a Brazil cap (thanks me) and has been wanted by Atletico for awhile. So even if I can "only" get 30m for him.... there are 3 LBs behind him. And equal depth at RB. So we are probably okay lol

Center back is similar. The club started with two veterans (Rever and Leonardo) and two early 20s guys (Rabello and Maidana). The two younger guys have both been sold. Leonardo retired. Rever is in steep decline. But at the start, I bought two real young players for release clauses. Then started grabbing some newgens as I found them. One of those youngsters I stole at the start got sold on for $30m. I spent $3m for a 22 year old Argentine and $2.8m for an Argentine newgen (Celebroni). Found a newgen defender in Bolivia who cost almost nothing. Took a couple newgens from others clubs. So now I have Martinez, Celebroni, Roque, a Braziian newgen and the Bolivian all in the first team. Another Brazilian and a Peruvian and a Colombian in the reserves, developing. And the most recent youth intake gave me another central defender.

Developing them is fun. Don't know that I will be able to keep very many long enough to see them fully bloom, which is a bit disappointing. But as soon as one goes, I already have another two ready to take that spot. Keeping everyone happy is actually the tougher part and its been not too bad so far, that's partly been because I am willing to tell more veteran players they can go if they aren't happy with their playing time.

I complained last post about Napoli unsettling my players with bids, then refusing to negotiate, and paying 25% more for a player from Santos. Alessandro, the one who got rather unhappy, has settled back down and signed an extension with us. So have two of our key young wingers. Release clauses are starting to go up a bit, which should mean that the money we make from selling them later is more too. Yay money.

The other aspect is that I am managing Brazil. Just had our second international break, which for the league in Brazil, wasn't a break at all. We had a previous pair of internationals and I didn't call up any of my players for that one. Not repeating that mistake. I was going to call up all my players, but I only did three - the wonderkid LB, a wonderkid DM, and a wonderkid AMC. I also called up two former players - the young DC at Benfica and the young box-to-box mid who went to Bayern. Since we still had league matches, I figured I would limit how many Mineiro players I took. The first match was against Chile - who beat Brazil in the SF of the Copa America, which cost my predecessor his job. We won 4-0. My DM and AMC both scored, with my DM getting MOTM. Second match was Peru and we only won 1-0, with my LB getting MOTM. Its not pure favoritism - the national team scouts rate the players as being worthy of call, and several were in the recommended squad. But mostly, its down to knowing them and wanting to shop-window them to get bigger fees. Cuz yay money.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Money money money.... money....

Balance is up over $150m in the bank, and the transfer budget is around the same. Wage budget is close to $1m per week, but we are using about $650K per week now cuz I offered a few new contracts.

So we beat River in the Copa Libertadores final. That put us in the Club World Cup. Beat a South African club (since South Africa was hosting) and then played Juventus. Lost 1-0 to Juve. Ronaldo is still a fucking beast in 2021.

Had 7 players called up for the South American U20 championships so the squad was a bit bare for the first six weeks of 2021, but its just the state league, so made it work. The only real big sale we made in the January window was Bruninho, a 20-year old wonderkid left winger. He's a real player who started at the club and while he developed very well, he's almost topped out his potential and there are several other players with as good better potential. The club is pretty loaded.

Still a bit before the summer window (we are in mid-March) but I'm expecting to lose a couple more players. Several players are being looked at by the very biggest of clubs - Bayern, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal. We did sell the one midfielder to Bayern but a lot of the pursuit otherwise has been by "secondary" European giants - Portuguese clubs, Italian clubs aside from Juventus, etc. That should be mean bigger sales as we move forward. I've also been offering new contracts and able to put in higher foreign club release clauses - 60m mostly, instead of the 20m that the agents used to lock them in at. Have big clubs pursing my wonderkid leftback, wonderkid DM, wonderkid striker, wonderkid LW, both wonderkid central mids.... The only one I'd like to keep longer is the wonderkid leftwinger, Tales. He came thru the youth academy in our first youth intake, has 5 star potential, and is pretty hard-working for an attack-minded winger.

Its possible to get $100m plus for players while playing in Brazil. That's the goal. Along with having $1,000,000,000 in the bank. Cuz why not.

I'm still scouting for and stealing those 5-star prospects, and still paying under $1m each due to those domestic releases clauses. Have 5-star prospects at goalkeeper (a Paraguayan who just arrived), central defender, rightback, two at leftback (both are actually left wingers, one is being retrained for the right side of defense), defensive mid, central defender, right wing, left wing, and striker. Basically everywhere. Some of them are featuring regularly by 17 years old. That depth of prospects is why all the current wonderkids can be sold on - we have the next ready to come through. Its been pretty seamless so far. It definitely helps to have some versatility. When we sold Bruninho, for example, Tales was on U20 duty so had to use other players in that spot, but we have a veteran LW, a couple of strikers, and those leftbacks who can all play AML, so it worked out.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So... kinda done with Brazil.

Finished out 2021. Won everything... again. Except the Club World Cup. Won in the first year that we won the Copa Libertadores, but that was because Madrid lost. We lost 1-0 to Juventus in 2020 and then by the same score to Liverpool in 2021. We are competitive against the best of Europe, and we are fielding squads that are very young.

The big change in 2021 was that there wasn't the month-long break in the middle of the summer. As a result, the last 3 months of the season weren't as compressed as they typically are. Felt weird to have just 2 matches per week.

The bank balance was up over 200m. And some of the biggest clubs were after my best players. Tales, a 19 year old left winger newgen who came through with my first youth intake, has been wanted by Barcelona for awhile. His buyout clause is 80m and I honestly probably wouldn't sell him for less than that. Not sure I've mentioned him before, but he is basically my dream attacking winger because he has really good Work Rate and pretty good Teamwork. But a coupe of the other players are starting to have "pre-concerns" about "thinking they should be moving to a bigger club". Whether it was going to be in the winter window or not until summer, but it was starting to feel like we would be losing a LOT of talent. Which is fine - that's the nature of the save and there are replacements in-house already. But... selling off the current generation of wonderkids just looked like a lot of annoying negotiations waiting to happen.

Ended up signing Angel di Maria on a free in the summer of 2021. He's rotated with Tales and despite losing his Physicals, has done really well in some of the matches.

So I'm not annoyed at something about the save, nor finding it boring. Just kinda reached that point where I want to try something else. Going back is still possible - playing thru into the 2020 World Cup would be interesting, as Brazil is kicking ass under my management and I've never managed a national team into the World Cup. But its not quite appealing enough to make me want to keep going with it.

I started up a save with Lobos BUAP. Pretty sure I've mentioned them before, but they are a Mexican side based out of Puebla. They are a university club, which is fairly common in Mexico. They are the weakest squad in Liga MX by some margin. About 80% of the starting squad is players on loan, mostly from other Liga MX clubs. It means there is quite a rebuild required after the first season.

In previous attempts with Lobos, I would grab a few of the quality first-day newgens the game spit out and because of the quality of the squad, they would play pretty much from day one. And develop notably because of that. But those first-day newgens aren't generated with any quality now (which is a good thing in some ways), so that approach can't happen now.

Its funny how quickly your perspective changes in a new save. With Mineiro, there was a certain class of player I never even bothered with. So Brazil is absolutely loaded won with mediocre players. Honestly, most leagues have quite a glut of them, but its just LARGE in Brazil. Brazil has loads of young prospects (which player as teenagers because of the fixture volume), and oldheads, and a few "in their prime" players of quality. These mediocre players are the ones who are most likely to stay in Brazil through their "prime" years, and while all of the big clubs have a load of them, many are loaned out. They also get sold abroad, but they are the ones who end up in Poland, or Belarus, or Portugal's second division. Mineiro had quite a number of these players, most of them out on loan. I just kept loaning them, or sold them for whatever we could get. Almost none of them got any chance in the first team, and those who did just came on as subs here and there. This class of player was completely disposable to me at Mineiro. Yet at Lobos, I would KILL for a couple of them, because they would be stars with this side. Except I can't afford to buy them yet. And we can't scout Brazil. And I have attribute masking on so I can't just find them.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Started a new game as Arsenal, first game in ages. Really enjoying it so far. Managed to con a Chinese club into spending £40m on Mustafi and bought Tesco's own-brand Andy Robertson from Celtic too. Flying in the league, joint top with Chelsea. Out in both domestic cups by the 4th round which wasn't my finest moment

Ozil is so OP in this game it's ridiculous.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

Players like Ozil, who are more than just inconsistent, seem hard for FM to replicate.

Moved on from my Mineiro save and decided to tackle Lobos BUAP in Mexico.

I've had a few good saves with them on past versions. But the last one on FM18 was kinda buggy. Hoped they had fixed it since I reported it, but appears to be a hard nope.

Lobos are a university club (there are a few of them in Mexico) who got promoted two years ago, quite unexpectedly. They are still second division in quality, which makes them a bit of an interesting challenge. The majority of the starting squad is on loan from other Liga MX clubs, there isn't much money, the facilities are mediocre, and the contracted players are equally mediocre. I enjoyed running them because its POSSIBLE to do reasonably well and get a bit of money to build a squad that is entirely your own within 2-3 seasons. Mexico produces some good newgens and you can bring thru 4 and 5 star newgens from South America.

The problem I ran into on the last save I tried with them on FM18 was monetary. In Mexico, clubs tend to be rich but they are that way due to sponsorship incomes more than anything else. Most clubs have strong attendances, but the per-ticket income is low. There is almost no prize money from the competitions. Participation money is decent but not huge. But sponsorships can be like $30m or more. A bit part of that is clubs having individual TV deals, which can be hugely lucrative for the biggest clubs.

There seem to be two fundamental problems. One is that the club has a low reputation to start - lowest in Liga MX, which is probably realistic. Like in other leagues, sponsorship incomes link to club reputation. The second problem is that Lobos don't have a TV deal of their own. This is accurate, but it means the club never gets an individual TV.

On my first go around with Lobos, I managed to sign several very good first day newgens and selling one of those after the first to Dortmund for like 30m alleviated any financial issues. The second save, I also signed those kind of players but didn't sell any, and the club lost a ton of money. Never got an individual TV deal and reported it as a bug to SI. I was told that the individual deal was "replicated" in other broadcasting incomes, but that never really seemed to be the case. The biggest Liga MX clubs can get like 30m a season from their TV deals, and despite getting our rep up there, the club never got near that.

So I finally tried Lobos on FM19, hoping this was resolved. The club starts with something like 4.5m in the bank but only 170K to spend. That was used up signing a couple of free players. Media Prediction is to finish bottom, so I figured making the playoffs would be a good season. Finished around 5th in the Aperatura, made the playoffs, and lost out in the first round to Leon. In the Closura, we again made the playoffs but nearer the top of the table, got some good matchups in the playoffs, lost several of the matches but did well enough in the other legs, and ended up winning the Closura. Also won the Closura Copa MX. The latter got us almost $1m in prize money. It was pretty dicey at times - played a 4-3-3 and literally had 2 MCs and 1 DM for those positions, and if someone couldn't play, I had to play a winger out of position in the middle. We finished the season almost 2m in the red.

I was hoping to get some decent money for sponsorships and therefore have a bit of money to spend. The club reputation went up to about 12th in Mexico. Since so much of the squad is loans, there is a rebuild required.

New commercial deals... was about 3.5m. And the board gave me $74K to spend.

$74,000.

After the loanee players leave, the club has 12 players under contract. 2 more returning from loans. 3 want to leave. The reserve and youth players are nowhere near an adequate quality to contribute. I can't even target a glut of free signings to fill the squad as most will want a signing bonus and that eats into the transfer budget, plus there isn't a ton of wage budget either. So.... can't exactly build anything. I do have a couple of newgens who my scouts found coming in, but most wont' arrive until the third season due to their age and since most generated at lower-level clubs, aren't coming in as a immediate wonderkids.

I checked using an external editor, and the new sponsorship deals we got are about on-level with what 2nd division clubs got in Mexico, rather than Liga MX clubs with a similar reputation to what ours increased to. So its still buggy. But I've already posted it to SI and got told its all good, so not much point to doing that again.

The finances are just unworkable. At the current rate of loss, we would be negative $4m after the second season or lower. On FM18's second save with the club, the lowish sponsorship incomes continued even after the second season when the club rep had improved more significantly, so no reason to expect it to be resolved.

I ended up starting up a new save Pumas, which is one of the Grande clubs of Mexico. Big club, big stadium, big fanbase, good facilities, but current squad isn't up to the level of the club. A chance to build. But it never really grabbed me. A bit too easy. Think I might try Blackburn again.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Didn't have much FM time last night, but Blackburn already feels like a more interesting save than Pumas did. Funny how that works at times - I had a save with Pumas I quite enjoyed on FM18. It was actually my final FM18 save. Given that Pumas a Grande, it wasn't particularly challenging. Maybe that's the aspect I didn't love....

Biggest question with Blackburn is how to spend the money to start. Think I might go after a couple of the same players I used last time, just because they are cheap and very useful. Targeting English or British youngsters is a nice thought, but just not financially variable at the start.

Two minor points of concern.... One is the Ryan Nyambe is wanted by about a dozen Prem clubs. I think his reputation got buffed a bit on the update. He's the clubs best RB. Kind of a prototypical Championship player in that he's hard working and very physical, but his technical skills aren't amazing. He played very well on the last save and City stumped up 60m for him after the second season. If I end up having to sell him sooner, he won't pull in anywhere near that amount of money. Ah well....

Second is that I think it would almost be better if we stay in the Championship for two seasons before promoting. But if you have a reasonably good squad, promoting isn't that hard. The volume of matches means the AI clubs tend to wear their best players out and they don't rotate as effectively as a human can / should. We held up much better than expected in the Prem in the last save, so maybe its not something to worry about anyway. But honestly, the Championship is more fun than the Prem. Competing against the spend-monsters just grates after awhile. Its part of why I generally love managing in the Prem in FM.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Almost thru the first season with Blackburn. Absolutely walking the Championship, which was kinda expected but also kinda disappointing. Was half-hopeful that it would take two seasons to promote - that sounds weird, but it would allow more time for the squad to be rebuilt.

The main player I added to the squad was Xadas, the Portuguese AMC who makes a really effective winger. I added a trio of young midfielders, plus the Spanish kid Morilla. I signed a 16 year old Italian defender, and brought in an Irish kid from United on loan. In the winter, we added a 4-star Danish RB on a free, an Irish midfield from Celtic, and a Serbian striker who couldn't get a Work Permit. The kids mostly ended up playing a fair bit. The standout youngster besides Xadas was a Croatian midfielder who was just 16 when he joined. Last name is Bulat. Wasn't sure if he would be my DLP DM or a box-to-box central mid, and he's honestly quite effective at both roles. Only 17 but he will play regularly in the Prem next season.

The winter window was quite stressful, purely because I was waiting for bids for my players. Five and sometimes six of my defenders were wanted by clubs thru most of the window. There are constantly at least 5 clubs after Nyambe, my RB. Lenihan is wanted by several Prem clubs. On my last save, I had Chelsea come in for my GK Raya right at the end of the window. I only ended up getting two bids - one for my backup keeper who I ended up signing to an extension, and one on the final day for Nyambe by Southampton. They wouldn't increase the offer to something reasonable, he got pissed, but my captain settled him down. Whew.

A couple of weird things....

We scored a LOT of goals through the season. But my strikers were not really contributing a lot. We have Danny Graham (who is declining and lacks pace), Adam Armstrong (pacey as fuck, but plays on the wing as much as up top) and Ben Brereton (who turned into a monster in my last Blackburn save but started really slow). Brereton finally started bashing some in recently, but something like 85% of my goals have been scored by non-strikers.

So we got Everton in the 4th round of the FA Cup. The match before was against a weaker Championship side so we ran out a pretty mixed squad - backups all over the place, two 17 year olds in central defense, etc. Won the match. Then I accidentally went into the Everton match without resetting the lineup. FUUUCKKKKK.... But.... we held on, and scored a late goal in the 89th minute to take a 1-0 win. Then we drew Manchester United, who knocked us out of the Carabao Cup. My captain, our veteran defender, decided to commit a horror challenge in the 40th minute so we played over half the match down a man. It was 1-1 so we went to extra-time, then pens. And won on pens. Into the Semi Final. The remaining sides were Manchester City, Arsenal, and Crystal Palace. So of course we drew Manchester City. Our captain being suspended was bad, but worse because central defender is a shallow position for us. So one of the 17 year old defenders got another start. 2-2. Into extra time, then pens. And we lost on pens. Heartbreaking but a damned good cup run. Gareth Southgate was in attendance and apparently looking over about 4-5 of my players, plus John Stones, for possible call-ups.

Still a handful of Championship matches left but we've already secured automatic promotion. Getting 35m to spend, but our wage budget isn't huge. The problem I'm going to run into is the common one - quite a few players in the squad aren't really good enough to cut it at the Prem level. A few are "prototypical Championship players" - physical, good mentals, but not really technical enough. But at least a couple of them are still good enough that they should do okay. I'm confident in the likes of GK Raya, DC Lenihan, DC Conway (slowing down though), attacker Dack (no ideal position though), MF Travis, winger Xadas, RB Nyambe, LB Bell, and ST Brereton will all do fine at the Prem level. But... those are also the assets that are attracting interest so I could lose a couple. And most of the rest of the veteran players really just aren't good enough for that next step. What muddies the process of improving the squad is the youngsters I have - bringing in someone who is at least a bit better than what we already have means blocking the progress path of a youngster who probably has better top-end potential. I haven't settled on the best path for building in the short-term...
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Made it through to the end of the season. I think it was Brentford who finished second (need to double check that). It was Leeds vs Aston Villa in the playoff final. Watched the match. Scoreless through extra time, til a Villa midfielder smashed one of the most thunderbastard goals I've seen on FM. Ended up 3-0 to Villa. A bit disappointing, not just because Villa are a typical team to end up back in the Prem but also because I was hoping to poach some of their talent.

Champions League final was Manchester City vs Atletico Madrid. Attended that as well. Madrid won. Arsenal won the Prem.

Pretty sure the 3 clubs being relegated from the Prem are Cardiff, Brighton, and Huddersfield. Very typical and obvious. And not a lot of great assets for us to poach either. Boo to that.

Really only made one signing of note. Scott McKenna from Aberdeen was transfer listed for 10m. Not bad for a young defender who immediately becomes my first choice. CB was my weakest position and I didn't want to go into the Prem season with a solid guy in Lenihan, a solid but declining guy in Conway, and a 17 year old Italian, then players being played out of position below that. I did add quite a number of other players but they are all newgens who will not have significant impact and are for depth and development. Got a 5-star Austrian striker and a 5-star Nigerian striker without a Work Permit, and a pair of Dutch midfielders. And just snapped up Morgan White-Rogers from West Brom for 650K, which is unreal for a 16 year old English player with 5 star potential.

Still have almost 30m to spend but still don't know where I should target to improve. As I mentioned before, almost everywhere can use better players but significantly better players are out of my price range and marginal upgrades don't feel worth it, especially with young players who will continue to get better if they play.

The real wildcard is that no one has left yet, other than expiring contract and one player retiring. I got my GK and two FBs and one CB signed to new deals at the end of the season, and those 4 were the most likely to be targeted. Dack is wanted by a couple of clubs and he's a reasonably skillful attacking English player, so not surprised. Think I sold him to Wolves for about 15m in the previous save and would be all over that. He does okay playing wide but lacks the pace to be really effective there. If he goes, I would probably just give the time to White-Rogers and Morilla, although signing a veteran player is still a consideration. Walcott was intriguing as he's TLd at Everton for reasonable money but he will apparently want like 100K per week in wages. Haha fuck no.

If we end up losing more players, then I will be scrambling to buy some talent. Raya would be the one who would be tough to replace - like I've said, he's the almost perfect sweeper keeper and he's Prem caliber. Depending on the timing, I could get Butland (transfer listed) or the Serbian keeper. But I expect any possible bid to come last second, as FM loves to do. Losing Lenihan would also be a bit concerning, as would Bell, my LB.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Made it most of the way through the window yesterday. About a week before the season kicks off. I've found that doing well when you are expecting to struggle often comes down the fixture list. If you get an early run of relatively winnable matches, winning a few them gets the morale up and makes the tougher matches much more palatable. But if you start out with several tough matches, the morale can take an early beating and that can start a decline. We start out with 3 of 4 being ones I expect us to do well. And also City, who will smash us.

I made one stupid transfer yesterday. I bought another goalkeeper. Chelsea sniped my first choice keeper Raya in the previous save, so I've been leery of that happening. I was tracking a number of keepers worthy of being first choice if Raya went. I had Raya (who is burgenoning Prem caliber), a decent backup (Canadian), and a pair of developmental newgen keepers (one Portuguese and one Guinean-Bissauan. Jack Butland was transfer listed by Stoke for 10m, but then I saw Predrag Rajkovic was available for 3m. That's a steal for a guy who is almost guaranteed to become of the best in the game. So I bid. Wanted a Key Player contract but the wage wasn't too high. Kept thinking I would just pull out, since I don't need another keeper yet. But I went through it. Sold the backup. So now I have two really good keepers who will both want to start every match. Super decision making.

Honestly, the summer doesn't have me hyped to start the season. I'm not sure why. I started mulling a different save last night, which was not what I was expecting at this point in this save.

Lokomotiv Moscow are one of my go-to saves on every FM. That's who I started eying up last night. I had a short save with them a few months ago. I played through the first season and gave it up. It wasn't vibing for me. A big part of that was having several transfer targets get snapped up in January after I got no transfer budget, even though the club had tons of money. I finished the first season and got a fairly modest transfer budget (18m, I think) and that was kinda it for that save. But... if I go in knowing that I may not land those particular players, it changes things.

Not moving on from Blackburn just yet. But given that I don't typically love managing in the Prem all that much, it may not take a ton to make me say "Nope, enough" and move on to another.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

A story.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    A story.

I'd rep you again if I could, my son.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Love getting agents fired.

Except when they end up with an even worse blood sucking leech than before

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

soycd.

Status
      Country                    Turkey

*PSG makes a bid for your wonderkid and you reject.*
    *Wonderkid's agent wants a better contract.*
    *You tell the kid to sack the agent.*
    *He sacks the agent and hires a new one.*
    *PSG makes another bid the next day and you reject again.*
    *The new agent wants a better contract.*
    Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

Status

I've been burned a couple of times by getting agents fired. When they ended up hating me and had a multitude of other players that I either had in my squad or wanted to sign, making those negotiations far more difficult.

Not feeling the Blackburn save anymore. Between the transfers and not being able to get Work Permits or loans for a couple of players and never really enjoying running a club in Prem.... I ended up starting up another save. Not necessarily absolutely done with Blackburn, but not just not feeling a ton of point to keeping on with it.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Thread Information