Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2018 - 8th Of October / Power Struggle - 3rd Of November

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2018 - 8th Of October / Power Struggle - 3rd Of November

NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2018 - 8th Of October at Ryogoku Kokugikan

Match Card

Spoiler:

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match: Suzuki-Gun (Kanemaru & El Desperado vs. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask

Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Honma) vs. Juice Robinson & Toa Henare

Bullet Club Elite (Matt, Nick, Page, & Owens) vs. Bullet Club OGs (Tama, Loa, Fale, & Taiji Ishimori)

CHAOS (Ishii, Goto, & Ospreay) vs. Suzuki-Gun (Suzuki, Taichi, & Iizuka)

CHAOS (Okada, Yano, SHO & YOH) vs. LIJ (Naito, Sanada, Bushi, and ???)

Evil vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: Marty Scurll vs. Kushida

WK Main Event Briefcase Match: Jay White vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match : Cody vs. Kota Ibushi vs. Kenny Omega (c)

------

Power Struggle ~Super Jr. Tag League 2018~ - 3rd Of November at Edion Arena Osaka

Match Card

Spoiler:

IC Title: Chris Jericho (C) vs. EVIL

Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr

NEVER Openweight Title: Taichi (C) vs. Will Ospreay

Hiroshi Tanahashi & David Finlay vs. Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi)

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Beretta vs. Bullet Club OG's (Jay White & Bad Luck Fale

Super Jr. Tag League finals: TBC vs TBC

Super Junior Tag League Participants
    Jushin Thunder Liger Liger & Tiger Mask IV
    Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles
    ACH & Ryusuke Taguchi
    Volador Jr. & Soberano Jr.
    Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA
    El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
    Roppongi 3K
    BUSHI & Shingo Takagi

-

Tournament match will be televised on these dates:

Road to Power Struggle Night One - Korakuen Hall 16/10/18

Road to Power Struggle Night Two - Korakuen Hall 17/10/18

Road to Power Struggle Night Seven - Korakuen Hall 26/10/18

Road to Power Struggle Night Eight - Korakuen Hall 27/10/18

Power Struggle - Edion Arena Osaka 03/11/18
    ------

Good start. Not a fan of the main event being a triple threat but it's something different so I'll give it a chance. Scurll is coming off an impressive match against Will Ospreay which was unexpected, puts the result in doubt slightly. That should be a good match. Power Struggle is likely to have a few good matches as well.

Last edited by MC 16; 10-09-2018 at 04:25 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Re: NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2018 - 8th Of October / Power Struggle - 3rd Of Novemb

Now the entire card has been announced for King Of Pro Wrestling, this is a pretty okay card. The main event can either be great or terrible. Very risky. Jay White vs Tanahashi should be interesting. It's 1-1 between the two and this is a good choice for the briefcase match. The result isn't in doubt but this should be fun. Liger and Tiger Mask vs Despy and Kanemaru should be good. Hope that it's longer than their match at Destruction in Kobe. Glad to see GBH back as well. They've been missed IMO. The rest of the matches are pretty standard but the new LIJ member will be interesting. Not sure if it's said that the new member will be a Junior or not but I can see that being the case. No clue on who would be the choice. Kawato is a name being thrown around but him retuning from excursion is a bit early.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Re: NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2018 - 8th Of October / Power Struggle - 3rd Of Novemb

The main event sounds horrible. I'm not Mr. don't deviate away from tradition, I loved the triple threat at WK7 and I'd be in favour of a triple threat main eventing a New Japan show but the one they've booked just looks terrible. Cody wins the US title days ago and now he's getting a IWGP heavyweight title match.........why? Did I miss something on an ROH show? He lost to Kenny last time they fought over that title. It just reeks of the match should be Omega/Ibushi based on the G1, but they don't want to burn that match at such a short notice and presumably with tickets going pretty well for Ryogoku, so they added Cody.

Switchblade/Tanahashi.....eh....their match in the G1 wasn't great and now with the Okada angle we know Tanahashi has to win this because it's Okada/Switchblade at the dome.

I'm into Kushida/Scurll because I can't really call it with any confidence, but I think it'll be Marty.

The real hook of the show is finding out who the new LIJ member is. It's gotta be a Junior guy because Bushi needs a partner for the Jr Tag tournament, so I'd rule out those Taichi rumours.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Shingo as new LIJ member pls

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I'm struggling to think of a name they could put in. It may be a returning young lion, could be an outsider like SANADA was. Could be Yoshida. Loads of options, pretty exciting.

I would like it to be Shingo but I can see him being more involved with All Japan and maybe BJW before New Japan. You never know though.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

lol I love Shingo but I don't think he's going to be a Jr tag guy.

Aren't the only two young lions out on excursion Kawato-SAN and Oka, and Oka only left a few months ago? I can't see it being either of them.

I think Yoshida's a decent shout.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Good point about Oka and Kawato. No one screams out to me that would already be on the roster so I'm thinking that it could be an outsider. Maybe Dragon Lee or something
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Dragon Lee is doing shit so won't be him

I want it to be Shingo. I don't think he'd have any issues with whatever he's doing since he'd be in NJPW - which, for most wrestlers, is probably more desirable than any other promotion in Japan.

I like Yoshida so no issues with it being him. Would feel a little underwhelming, though.

Would be amazing if Yoh turned.... given how he and Naito have had run ins.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Yoshida is a logical candidate since he's not on the card. My idea was Desperado, drop the titles and turn on SZKG to team with BUSHI & add a bit of spice to LIJ/SZKG. I think he needs a refresh & I've had enough of Kanemaru, plus that means Liger/Tiger get a title reign.

Shingo's not impossible but it's unlikely. He was a Jr. Tag guy in NOAH when he & Hulk were there but he's more focused on being freelance. He can wrestle in Europe & the US too. I suspect it won't be him.

No interest in White/Tana at all, the main event isn't much either and this whole show seems like a fillier show.

KUSHIDA/Scurll is totally uninspiring no matter who wins, but a lackluster champion for a lackluster division that yet again we have to know isn't of any importance.

Think people are penciling in EVIL & Jericho too quick. To me ZSJ & Naito still have a blowoff match to get to & that's being overlooked.

Hope the show has good wrestling because the build & storytelling have been very weak.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

I am wary because Yoshida is a face in K-Dojo and he's also a champion there so I don't know how he will fit as a member of LIJ. Are K-Dojo running any shows during KOPW? Someone would've pointed it out by now if that was the case.

Shingo comes to mind because of his DG departure plus the fact he's like a lot of the LIJ guys in that he's an Animal Hamaguchi trained dude. I suppose if we went down that route though then there's a few other candidates.

Yeah, I would have thought ZSJ vs Naito was happening so I dunno.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Yeah I didn't give the Jericho/Evil rumours much credit because that's not big enough for the Dome, so if Jericho was wresting before then I'd of thought he'd be at KOPW instead of Power Struggle.

Thing with turning Yoh is Shake you're then breaking up a big team in the Jr tag division just to replace the LIJ Jr team; it still leaves you one short. Storyline wise there's a link there from his young boy days, but I think it's too early to break them up.

Status

I think it's clear Jericho has the belt so he can be used at the Dome in a big match. I'm hoping he's not putting Naito over because it should be someone else in that position. But Naito has had a slump so. I guess EVIL could challenge at the Dome because Jericho and the title makes the match big enough. I mean, if Switchblade vs Tanahashi can happen then Jericho vs EVIL can.

I know, Yoh turning is just fantasy booking. It probably won't happen since he should be wrapped up in the CHAOS civil war. But I guess it would add a new dimension to the CHAOS breakup angle.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Jericho is absolutely facing Naito and Wrestle Kingdom and EVIL at Power Struggle. Power Struggle seems like an odd place but Jericho has Fozzy to worry about as well as his cruise which is soon. Naito vs Jericho doesn't sounds good at all and Naito being IC champion again (Unless it leads to a unification which is doubtful) is meh but Naito does need his win back and that's usually a staple of Gedo's booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yoshida is a logical candidate since he's not on the card. My idea was Desperado, drop the titles and turn on SZKG to team with BUSHI & add a bit of spice to LIJ/SZKG. I think he needs a refresh & I've had enough of Kanemaru, plus that means Liger/Tiger get a title reign.
    I was thinking this but thought against it because it would mean he have two matches.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Naito vs Sabre Jr And Jericho vs Ibushi at the dome is my prediction.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I'm not saying it's impossible it's Shingo but it's pretty rare for NJPW to make those kind of waves with a big name like that. Plus like I said Shingo's gonna be very in demand on the indies & overseas, if he were coming in it would more likely be next year after WM weekend imo.

Agree that Jericho's match is at the Dome, not PS, & it's not against EVIL. I think Zack gets the win at KOPW.

My own fantasy booking behind Despe joining LIJ and getting around him having 2 matches: Despe/Kanemaru lose the titles in a way that there's something up and Despe doesn't take a fall. - When everyone's in the ring Naito announces...there is no new member of LIJ. Then at some point YOH has the match won but then a mystery man comes out to help LIJ and give them the win. - ZSJ beats EVIL as I said but then lays a beatdown. LIJ runs out for the save followed by SZKG for a big brawl. Then at the crescendo Despe turns and clocks someone with the guitar. LIJ is complete & Suzuki COMPLETELY LOSES HIS SHIT. The end.
    C'est Magnifique~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Also to piggyback off Ed I have a slightly different take for the Dome though actually his is what I hope happens.

World Title: Omega vs. Tana

IC/US Double Title Match: Jericho vs. Cody

NEVER Title: Ospreay vs. Ibushi

All the other titles get multiman schmozes + ZSJ/Naito & a ROH Title Match.
    C'est Magnifique~

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Oh you know what, you might be spot on with Will/Ibushi because that has been teased and I think for now the Jr title is gonna be in his rearview mirror.

hate hate hate the idea of Cody vs Jericho. Cody doesn’t deserve to be third from the top on that show and it’s not really using the drawing potential of Jericho in New Japan to stick him with the former WWE guy (which yes I know he’s now more marketable as an elite member, but still). Poor juice if he gets trapped in 6 man tag hell.

Theres every chance they will have to push Despy anyway because after kushida and Marty who else can they slot in the Jr title match.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

After all that, X was Shingo

Cool I guess but I really don’t want him long term as a Jr if he’s gonna be Bushi’s partner on the next tour.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Shingo’s looking good. With him and Robbie Eagles coming in I’m already excited for the Jr. Tag Tournament.

That Jericho attack was so hilarious.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I love that Jericho’s disguise came with the IC title around his waist. just WHO could it of been under the mask?!

Thread Information