Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2018 - 8th Of October / Power Struggle - 3rd Of November

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2018 - 8th Of October / Power Struggle - 3rd Of Novemb

I totally called Jay White being in the Prince Devitt role. They are trying so hard to get this guy Dome ready.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2018 - 8th Of October / Power Struggle - 3rd Of Novemb

Looks like Zero is spot on with his prediction of Ospreay/Kota at the Dome now Will is gonna be the next challenger for Taichi.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Fucking glad it was Shingo as any other name put out there didn't feel big enough to me. If they went with Yoshida, it would've felt a little flat I guess.

I seriously hope he doesn't get pushed to Heavyweight too soon because he's great as a Jr. That and I don't think he will stand out much at Heavyweight.

Love Okada saving Tanahashi. Tana's joining CHAOS confirmed.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I don't know if they are actually doing anything or Ibushi is just working his own storyline & this should just be ignored but Ibushi keeps talking about retiring from NJPW since he lost. It's probably just nothing but worth keeping an eye on if Ibushi is taking a break for a few months.
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Long show but I enjoyed it thoroughly. One thing I'd say is that this was one of the weaker "big shows" in a while. I loved the opener. Thought Liger and Tiger Mask looked very good and the teams had some chemistry, would love to see a rematch between the two teams. The next two Multi man matches are standard but enjoyable nonetheless. Good to see Honma back as well. Shingo Takagi being revealed as the new member was such a mark out moment for me. I could tell it was Shingo by his physique that his open jacket allowed to see and those eyes. I did not catch the "Dragon" reference at all until after which is a bit embarrassing, nevertheless I'm happy. I was not picky about where Shingo would end up, Shingo anywhere would've been great. Now I'm sure him being a Junior will raise a few eyebrows and with the Junior Division being as poorly booked as it is, people are worried about him and I am too. I'm willing to see how it goes for the meanwhile, Ishimori has been wasted but I hope that Shingo isn't either. The more great Juniors, the better IMO. The division can only get better if you got the talent, hopefully this is the start of change in the division (I know look at me being hopeful with me being the pessimist that I am). The match was very good as well.

LOVED LIJ vs CHAOS tag matches, I prefer the elimination match earlier in the year but this was very good. MOTN. KUSHIDA vs Scurll was good, not the best match of either's year but good nonetheless. No interest in Jericho, sorry I'm just not. He exceeded my expectations at WK but everything has just being uninteresting to me. The main event I'm more high on than most, I liked most of it. The wrestling was good despite the generic triple threat structure. The story of the match was eye rolling at times. At the beginning it was done well but then it got more and more dramatic and it became dumb by the end. The crowd didn't seem to care all that much unless my computer was on low. White vs Tanahashi was very good as well, much better than their WK match. Jay White really did a great job at balancing the heel character and the wrestling here, Tanahashi was great as usual and they clicked together and had a very good match. The angle after is a mixed bag. Loved Okada beating up Gedo and White. Crowd went crazy for it but the BC angle was blehhh (for lack of a better word), Gedo, Jado and White are in Bullet Club now? Why can't they be their own thing? Poor Tanahashi being forgotten about so quickly (again). Tanahashi at the dome though, hell yeah!!!!!

Ratings
    CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, SHO, Toru Yano & YOH) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) ***¾
    Jay White vs Hiroshi Tanahashi ***¾
    Kenny Omega vs Cody vs Kota Ibushi ***¼
    Marty Scurll vs KUSHIDA ***
    Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask 4 vs Suzuki Gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) ***
    Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs Juice Robinson & Toa Henare ***
    Bullet Club OG (Tama Tonga, Tonga Loa & Taiji Ishimori) **½
    CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & Will Ospreay) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & Takashi Iizuka) **¼ (NJPW King Of Pro Wrestling 08/10)
    Zack Sabre Jr vs EVIL NOT RATED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I don't know if they are actually doing anything or Ibushi is just working his own storyline & this should just be ignored but Ibushi keeps talking about retiring from NJPW since he lost. It's probably just nothing but worth keeping an eye on if Ibushi is taking a break for a few months.
    One of the perks of him not being signed I guess.
    Last edited by MC 16; 10-08-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Backyarder

Status

I just got through watching KOPW event.

All these matches were solid, as expected. I'd consider these 4 hours more enjoyable than the 4 hours WWE produced in Australia this weekend.

Best match of the night was Cody/Ibushi/Omega by far. That's not even close... Scurll and Kushida was a really good match as well. I enjoyed that.

I'm intrigued by Chris Jericho's attack on EVIL. Jericho is loving what he's doing, being able to do whatever he wants when he wants. I just wonder if this EVIL attack will lead to anything. I hope it's not our WrestleKingdom bout.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Super Junior Tag League Participants

Jushin Thunder Liger Liger & Tiger Mask IV
    Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles
    ACH & Ryusuke Taguchi
    Volador Jr. & Soberano Jr.
    Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA
    El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
    Roppongi 3K
    BUSHI & Shingo Takagi

Soberano Jr. In New Japan is news. Surprised that they never had him in the BOSJ but oh well, here he is. Ishimori and Eagles are a throw together tag team but Eagles has got some buzz this year so good for him. The whole tournament looks good
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

Really glad to see the round robin format this year because a lot of the teams I like here would probably only have one match before being eliminated. I really like the imports of Soberano, Volador, Sabin, ACH And Eagles, And Shingo being included gives it a lot of juice too.

predicting Sho and Yoh Vs Bushi and Shingo finals.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I really like the imports of Soberano, Volador, Sabin, ACH And Eagles, And Shingo being included gives it a lot of juice too.
    One of these things is not like the others... I dunno man, I'm really cold on Sabin these days. Or maybe I always have been. Not sure.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    One of these things is not like the others... I dunno man, I'm really cold on Sabin these days. Or maybe I always have been. Not sure.
    I enjoyed Sabin in the BOSJ and think he deserves the tour. I don't think he's as good as he used to be, but he's a solid choice for a fall guy teaming with the new champ.

Backyarder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Super Junior Tag League Participants

Jushin Thunder Liger Liger & Tiger Mask IV
    Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles
    ACH & Ryusuke Taguchi
    Volador Jr. & Soberano Jr.
    Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA
    El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
    Roppongi 3K
    BUSHI & Shingo Takagi

Soberano Jr. In New Japan is news. Surprised that they never had him in the BOSJ but oh well, here he is. Ishimori and Eagles are a throw together tag team but Eagles has got some buzz this year so good for him. The whole tournament looks good
    I'm so excited for this tournament!

I'd consider BUSHI and Takagi favorites, but the way they hyped them at KOPW event is making me second-guess their ability to win the whole thing. This team is going to be incredible to watch. I'm excited to see Kushida/Sabin and Volador/Soberano combinations as well.

My dark horse is Kanemaru and Desperado, if you can consider the Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Champions dark horses. Nobody's talking about them.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I totally called Jay White being in the Prince Devitt role. They are trying so hard to get this guy Dome ready.
    When you think about it, it's no wonder they're hellbent on pushing him. He's the best of the first dojo class post-Okada and therefore the one who has the best chance of becoming a big star, in their eyes. It's worrying when you look even further that and you see that they are struggling to produce a solid native talent to be the next Okada, if you like. Yagi leaving doesn't help things either. They need to think about the future and Jay White's their best chance at this time unless a native can properly break out. Seems unlikely right now.

Shingo/BUSHI to win Tag League but I can see some sort of booking scenario where we end up getting a multi man at the Dome anyway. Can see Ishimori/KUSHIDA seeds being planted during the tournament as well.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    When you think about it, it's no wonder they're hellbent on pushing him. He's the best of the first dojo class post-Okada and therefore the one who has the best chance of becoming a big star, in their eyes. It's worrying when you look even further that and you see that they are struggling to produce a solid native talent to be the next Okada, if you like. Yagi leaving doesn't help things either. They need to think about the future and Jay White's their best chance at this time unless a native can properly break out. Seems unlikely right now.

Shingo/BUSHI to win Tag League but I can see some sort of booking scenario where we end up getting a multi man at the Dome anyway. Can see Ishimori/KUSHIDA seeds being planted during the tournament as well.
    I wouldn't say the next Okada, more like his rival because Naito, Omega and Tanahashi can't be his rivals forever with Okada being considerably younger than all of them. SHO (if he can pack on the weight) seems like the likely option at the moment.

---

Today's Road To Power Struggle show was great. Tiger Mask/Liger vs Ishimori/Eagles was good. The crowd began warming up to Eagles by the end which is good to see. Not seen much of him but he looked pretty good and him getting the sub win over Liger is a massive rub - good on him. Gonna sounds like a broken record but ACH is awesome, he should be brought in way more. Every time he is on the show, he is one of the most popular wrestlers, most certainly one of the most popular gaijins. His interactions with Volador Jr were fantastic. Unbelievable stuff between those two and the crowd ate it up. Taguchi was awesome as well. Soberano Jr. was quiet though. Despy/Kanemaru vs Sabin/Kushida was good as well. Some great tag team sequences. The main event was match of the night. Not a BUSHI fan at all but he was good here. Showed great charisma in his mannerisms. Shingo and Sho were the stars of the match though. Those two in the ring together was pure magic. Shingo really works well in the Junior Division where he can throw his weight around and be a bully.
    Last edited by MC 16; 10-16-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

Ospreay is injured and off the show. They’ll have to pencil in this match on some random ass show now to reach Ospreay Vs Ibushi.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Very good show to kick off the last two tournament days of the Super Junior Tag League. The main event was awesome. Taguchi was very much in serious mode in this one. Showed loads of aggression, especially at the point in the match where he locked on his ankle lock. ACH pulled off some lovely moves. Apparently him diving at K-Hall was phobia due to a near injury he almost suffered at a NOAH show. So good for him. RK3 was good as per usual. I've loved Volador Jr in this tournament, he has been tremendous. Soberano Jr has been disappointing though. Expected much more. Volador's interactions with Desperado were great. The rest was pretty good as well. Good show overall.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

I've not watched anything from the tournament yet. What matches should I watch?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Night One: ACH & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. El Soberano Jr. & Volador Jr. and BUSHI & Shingo Takagi vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH)

Night Two: Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA vs BUSHI & Shingo Takagi

Night Five: BUSHI & Shingo Takagi vs. El Soberano Jr. & Volador Jr.

Night Seven: ACH & Taguchi vs Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH)
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

A new match has been added to Power Struggle; Taichi will defend the NEVER Openweight Championship against Hirooki Goto since Will Ospreay is injured. Taichi was obviously going to be a transitional champion so he could drop the title to Ospreay (so they didn't have to do CHAOS vs CHAOS). Unfortunate for Ospreay really, he has been excellent this entire year and this was a step up for him. Bad timing but he will get this chance again no doubt. There is NO WAY Taichi is going to the Dome as champion so I can see Goto getting the win and the title back hopefully to face Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom.

New Updated Card
    IC Title: Chris Jericho (C) vs. EVIL

Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr

EVIL vs. Minoru Suzuki

NEVER Openweight Title: Taichi (C) vs. Hirooki Goto

Hiroshi Tanahashi & David Finlay vs. Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi)

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Beretta vs. Bullet Club OG's (Jay White & Bad Luck Fale)

Super Jr. Tag League finals: TBC vs TBC
    Last edited by MC 16; 10-29-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Okay, finally finished off yesterday's show. It was really hard to get through and everything was very disappointing and forgettable.

Now the Super Junior Tag League finals is a very weird situation. Three teams tied with the same points, El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Roppongi 3K and Shingo Takagi/BUSHI. As a result, they will all face off in a 3 Way at Power Struggle to determine the winner. It's a tough spot to be in and I can't pick a winner out of this. The booking is very odd though and I don't fully understand it. I guess they want to have the champions in the final which is understandable and with Shingo coming in, they want him there too but they also don't want two heel teams in the finals so this is their solution. The whole thing I messed up really.

- OP UPDATED
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

Gedo, booker of the year, strikes again.

So lame that it's coming down to a three way because they've got more teams they want to protect ahead of the champions themselves. Debuting Shingo in this meant his team needed to get to the final, but before he showed up it felt like 3k were primed to win this and they couldn't make a bold call to leave either team out. I now have no interest in this match at Power Struggle.

Jericho/Evil is the match I have the most interest in because it's been so long since Jericho has been in New Japan, and the good matches on paper are all repeats we've seen a number of times this year.

Thread Information