Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88

Thread: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

  1. #21
    Drink the Kool-Aid
    Stojy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    345722

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Aries just got Kross and Moose on side pretty recently as well. Wouldn't really make sense for him to lose the belt right now, so hopefully he keeps it through Bound For Glory.

    Good to hear the show is a sell out as well. After Slammiversary, which was a solid show, it's great to see people wanting to come and watch. I don't want to get crazy and talk about becoming anywhere near a competitior to the WWE, but it truly does feel as if 2018 has been a great year of rebuild for this company.








  2. #22

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,010
    Rep Power
    436453
      Country                    United States

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'm hearing 1000-1200 and to me it was suppose to only have maybe 800 and they might of opened it up with Bleacher Sets to get more people in. Oh and Aries for sure has been money he had a good Match with Bahh this week if anyone wants to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    Aries just got Kross and Moose on side pretty recently as well. Wouldn't really make sense for him to lose the belt right now, so hopefully he keeps it through Bound For Glory.

    Good to hear the show is a sell out as well. After Slammiversary, which was a solid show, it's great to see people wanting to come and watch. I don't want to get crazy and talk about becoming anywhere near a competitior to the WWE, but it truly does feel as if 2018 has been a great year of rebuild for this company.
    Far from a competitor for WWE in terms of business and relevance but for first time in a decade I can say they're putting out a better product than WWE this year, not counting NXT at least.

  3. #23
    The Planet's Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    34,918
    Rep Power
    1795309
      Country                    England

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Far from a competitor for WWE in terms of business and relevance but for first time in a decade I can say they're putting out a better product than WWE this year, not counting NXT at least.
    That's a low bar

    I think Impact are easily having their best year for a long time. The only problem I really have with them is they're trying to cover too many bases on who the product is for and so they become a jack of all trades rather than a master in one; so for example on an episode of Impact you can have these gritty vignettes about the LAX Vs OGz feud and talk about gang warfare, hits on enemies etc etc and then the next segment is Holiday camp level stuff with Grado, Katie Lee and Joe Hendry or Fallah Bah and KM and it's too big a change in tone. For the ppvs it's normally very heavy on the serious matches and less on segments which works for me and makes the show from start to finish enjoyable, but the TV episodes if I ever watch them, I'm skipping half the show to get around the 'entertainment' skits.

  4. #24
    Underdog
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    56643
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    I think the great thing about the show is the complete opposite of what you think, it's the flat out variety it offers. I love how it switches from serious to comedic to romance in the snap of a finger. I don't want to sit for 2 hours watching a one-dimensional show, I'm not watching a movie with one specific plot in it, I'm watch a 2-hour action packed drama, which is what wrestling should be in my eyes.

    I'm curious to what the hell the rest of this card is going to be. To me, they just threw all their big male names on the show already. I'm sure Moose/Kross vs Eddie/??? will be a thing, but apart from that, what else is there to do?

  5. #25
    Prince Of Joshi
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    34,981
    Rep Power
    591956
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think the great thing about the show is the complete opposite of what you think, it's the flat out variety it offers. I love how it switches from serious to comedic to romance in the snap of a finger. I don't want to sit for 2 hours watching a one-dimensional show, I'm not watching a movie with one specific plot in it, I'm watch a 2-hour action packed drama, which is what wrestling should be in my eyes.

    I'm curious to what the hell the rest of this card is going to be. To me, they just threw all their big male names on the show already. I'm sure Moose/Kross vs Eddie/??? will be a thing, but apart from that, what else is there to do?
    Well I think we get Tessa/Allie for the Knockouts Title, maybe some X-Division multi-man action to start off the Show with a bang and some goofiness including Grado and company. Time will tell so far I'm happy.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  6. #26

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,010
    Rep Power
    436453
      Country                    United States

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    So LAX vs. The OGz will be a Concrete Jungle Death Match... Does anyone have a clue what that means? I'm guessing it's going to be sort of a parking lot brawl based on the name, but maybe it's literally just a name and it's going to be a normal no DQ match.

  7. #27
    Prince Of Joshi
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    34,981
    Rep Power
    591956
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    So LAX vs. The OGz will be a Concrete Jungle Death Match... Does anyone have a clue what that means? I'm guessing it's going to be sort of a parking lot brawl based on the name, but maybe it's literally just a name and it's going to be a normal no DQ match.
    Maybe something like they did I say a few weeks ago when they were pretty much fighting it felt like Rucker Park type of area and it being in NY it's going to be somewhere important where anything goes. If you pass out or bleed out that's your problem, but yeah I wouldn't be shocked to see the latter though.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  8. #28
    Prince Of Joshi
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    34,981
    Rep Power
    591956
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread



    New Match added as Taya Valkyrie will challenge Tessa Blanchard for The Knockouts Title. Straight outta left field to be honest and now after Taya has been a heel since forever since joining Impact Wrestling now we have to get behind her to see if she beat Tessa who only had the Title for a few Months now?

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  9. #29
    On Vacation
    Psychosis's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    Aaland

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    I'm really looking forward to seeing the two best woman performers in Impact as Rosemary is injured , Tessa is really good but her arrogance is really off putting , she has all the potential in the world to become one of the buisness in the industry but I really don't like that side off her, she has come along way since her one off performance in wwe, Taya is really accomplished , great ring techniques and uses her strength as away off dismantling her performance plus she's really easy on th eye too , I didn't really know who she was until she came to Impact and always impresses me.

    Brian Cage is on his way to becoming one of the best performers I. The whole off wrestling, I'm no Mark for him , but he shouldn't be able to that high flying performance each time I watch him he gets better and better , same as Taya. I'd seen him in house of hardcore v Sami callihan and he had me like woah , he's huge and he moves like a man half his size , a pure powerhouse and really genuine, he always replies to tweets to fans and goes out of his way to be polite , unlike some others who I'm not naming, I think this will be match off the night with pentagon and Fenix v OVE , they all have different styles , this is the one I'm looking forward too, roll on this ppv.

    Peace.

  10. #30
    Prince Of Joshi
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    34,981
    Rep Power
    591956
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread



    It seems Sydal has found a person who believes in the third eyes with Ethan Page aka Abyss's nephew from before. Now Swann needs to find a partner maybe Petey Williams?

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  11. #31
    Team Canada
    TCON's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,987
    Rep Power
    205292
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post


    It seems Sydal has found a person who believes in the third eyes with Ethan Page aka Abyss's nephew from before. Now Swann needs to find a partner maybe Petey Williams?
    Thanks HoHo...I knew I recognized Page's Face From Somewhere Before

    Pretty Random Tag Match For BFG Though

    Who Do You Think Swann's partner Will be ?

  12. #32
    Prince Of Joshi
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    34,981
    Rep Power
    591956
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Thanks HoHo...I knew I recognized Page's Face From Somewhere Before

    Pretty Random Tag Match For BFG Though

    Who Do You Think Swann's partner Will be ?
    Well Petey had Matches with Swann and they have teamed up with each other before. Who knows maybe we get a return or debut of someone. I know one thing Austin Aries vs Johnny Impact really did well this for me getting me hype for the PPV. Aries tore him to shreds in a promo against him pretty much calling him a pretend Wrestler and you could tell that got to Impact I know it would for me.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  13. #33
    Prince Of Joshi
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    34,981
    Rep Power
    591956
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread





    Three more Matches set for BFG for this Sunday and I'm digging who is Swann's partner!

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  14. #34
    [Knockin' on Heaven's Door]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,184
    Rep Power
    553855
      Country                    England

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Any UKers know where/when this is airing in our country?

  15. #35
    On Vacation
    Psychosis's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    Aaland

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post


    It seems Sydal has found a person who believes in the third eyes with Ethan Page aka Abyss's nephew from before. Now Swann needs to find a partner maybe Petey Williams?
    I ain't see Ethan page for ages he good but I don't like sydal as a heel he's more suited to being a face , he was on fire till he turned , he's been booked awful the x division is really boring ATM as Cage is champ and they are seeing him as the future face of the company so he going to be dropping that title soon , maybes the should been challenging lax after bfg and rich swann is meh.

    Peace Kairi.

  16. #36
    On Vacation
    Psychosis's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    Aaland

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Any UKers know where/when this is airing in our country?
    Don't think it it's on ch 5spike so I'm assuming it will be the same as the USA on twitch Dave.

    Peace .

  17. #37
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    46,876
    Rep Power
    1221669
      Country                    United States

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    I haven’t been watching in the past month and a half but I’ll try to watch this even though most of it looks like Slammiversary and the Su Yung stuff looks brutally bad.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  18. #38
    Prince Of Joshi
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    34,981
    Rep Power
    591956
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    https://twitter.com/solomonster/stat...06246614212608

    I don't know if this was a work or legit shoot between Aries and Impact at the Hall of Fame for Abyss. I think that's a good thing, but if it was legit for sure the worst timing Aries when this is about Abyss's Induction not time for Social Media beef. I heard they cut the feed after Impact stood up clearly if they wanted to tell us it was a work they would of kept showing the chaos. I've seen Aries pissed off and Aries lately has been carving up Impact on the Microphone calling him a pretend Wrestler, but on the other hand I never seen Impact angry like that.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  19. #39
    Underdog
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    56643
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    https://twitter.com/solomonster/stat...06246614212608

    I don't know if this was a work or legit shoot between Aries and Impact at the Hall of Fame for Abyss. I think that's a good thing, but if it was legit for sure the worst timing Aries when this is about Abyss's Induction not time for Social Media beef. I heard they cut the feed after Impact stood up clearly if they wanted to tell us it was a work they would of kept showing the chaos. I've seen Aries pissed off and Aries lately has been carving up Impact on the Microphone calling him a pretend Wrestler, but on the other hand I never seen Impact angry like that.
    This is awesome. I'm genuinely sitting here having no idea if I just got worked..

  20. #40
    On Vacation
    Psychosis's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    Aaland

    Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

    It wouldn't have been a work surely not abyss HOF induction ceremony surely? That's the ultimate lack of respect , not that there's much in this generation of wrestlers ,

    Peace.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •