Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: Bound for Glory 2018 Discussion Thread

Aries just got Kross and Moose on side pretty recently as well. Wouldn't really make sense for him to lose the belt right now, so hopefully he keeps it through Bound For Glory.

Good to hear the show is a sell out as well. After Slammiversary, which was a solid show, it's great to see people wanting to come and watch. I don't want to get crazy and talk about becoming anywhere near a competitior to the WWE, but it truly does feel as if 2018 has been a great year of rebuild for this company.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'm hearing 1000-1200 and to me it was suppose to only have maybe 800 and they might of opened it up with Bleacher Sets to get more people in. Oh and Aries for sure has been money he had a good Match with Bahh this week if anyone wants to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    Aries just got Kross and Moose on side pretty recently as well. Wouldn't really make sense for him to lose the belt right now, so hopefully he keeps it through Bound For Glory.

Good to hear the show is a sell out as well. After Slammiversary, which was a solid show, it's great to see people wanting to come and watch. I don't want to get crazy and talk about becoming anywhere near a competitior to the WWE, but it truly does feel as if 2018 has been a great year of rebuild for this company.
    Far from a competitor for WWE in terms of business and relevance but for first time in a decade I can say they're putting out a better product than WWE this year, not counting NXT at least.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Far from a competitor for WWE in terms of business and relevance but for first time in a decade I can say they're putting out a better product than WWE this year, not counting NXT at least.
    That's a low bar

I think Impact are easily having their best year for a long time. The only problem I really have with them is they're trying to cover too many bases on who the product is for and so they become a jack of all trades rather than a master in one; so for example on an episode of Impact you can have these gritty vignettes about the LAX Vs OGz feud and talk about gang warfare, hits on enemies etc etc and then the next segment is Holiday camp level stuff with Grado, Katie Lee and Joe Hendry or Fallah Bah and KM and it's too big a change in tone. For the ppvs it's normally very heavy on the serious matches and less on segments which works for me and makes the show from start to finish enjoyable, but the TV episodes if I ever watch them, I'm skipping half the show to get around the 'entertainment' skits.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    Canada

I think the great thing about the show is the complete opposite of what you think, it's the flat out variety it offers. I love how it switches from serious to comedic to romance in the snap of a finger. I don't want to sit for 2 hours watching a one-dimensional show, I'm not watching a movie with one specific plot in it, I'm watch a 2-hour action packed drama, which is what wrestling should be in my eyes.

I'm curious to what the hell the rest of this card is going to be. To me, they just threw all their big male names on the show already. I'm sure Moose/Kross vs Eddie/??? will be a thing, but apart from that, what else is there to do?

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think the great thing about the show is the complete opposite of what you think, it's the flat out variety it offers. I love how it switches from serious to comedic to romance in the snap of a finger. I don't want to sit for 2 hours watching a one-dimensional show, I'm not watching a movie with one specific plot in it, I'm watch a 2-hour action packed drama, which is what wrestling should be in my eyes.

I'm curious to what the hell the rest of this card is going to be. To me, they just threw all their big male names on the show already. I'm sure Moose/Kross vs Eddie/??? will be a thing, but apart from that, what else is there to do?
    Well I think we get Tessa/Allie for the Knockouts Title, maybe some X-Division multi-man action to start off the Show with a bang and some goofiness including Grado and company. Time will tell so far I'm happy.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Thread Information