Thread: WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 - Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte vs Becky Lynch

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Hell in a Cell WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 - Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte vs Becky Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch’s friendship has already gone to hell in the metaphorical sense. Might as well make it official.

The Queen will defend her hard-won — or ill-gotten, depending on whom you ask — SmackDown Women’s Title against The Irish Lass Kicker at the WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, bringing one of SmackDown LIVE’s most furious rivalries to a head and cementing a championship picture that was all but unthinkable only six months ago.

After spending most of 2018 as allies, Charlotte and Becky found themselves on parallel tracks to the SmackDown Women’s Title when Flair earned her way into the planned Carmella-Becky title bout to make it a Triple Threat. Despite a strong effort from Maiden Ireland, The Queen snatched away Becky’s aspirations of championship glory at SummerSlam when she snuck up from behind and drilled the Irishwoman with Natural Selection to reclaim the title.

Though the victory was technically fair, it snapped something in Becky all the same: The former champion’s response was to ruthlessly attack Charlotte every chance she got, from a blistering verbal takedown two days after her loss to a brutal mugging from behind after Charlotte defended her title against Carmella. It was enough to catch the support of the WWE Universe, who still back Becky despite her ruthlessness, and garner the approval of SmackDown LIVE General Manager Paige, who sanctioned the title match for Hell in a Cell.

So, Charlotte is the true champion no matter how you slice it, and The Queen is never as dangerous as when she’s guarding her throne. Becky, however, is tired of missing out on her moments, and she has clearly decided to take a new track in finishing what she started. On Sept. 16, we’ll see who comes out on top.

Tune in to WWE Hell in a Cell, streaming live Sunday, Sept. 16, at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 - Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte vs Becky Lynch

This thread has no comments meanwhile I think this might be one of the best matches of the PPV, at least it's the match with the most heat for me alongside Joe/AJ.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 - Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte vs Becky Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    This thread has no comments meanwhile I think this might be one of the best matches of the PPV, at least it's the match with the most heat for me alongside Joe/AJ.
    I agree. Whilst it's getting annoying to watch WWE just sit there and ignore their fan base (should be used to it by now), this is definitely one with some good heat behind it. I just can't see this ending well for Becky though which is a damn shame. Becky deserves a title run as far as I'm concerned, and a much longer one than her intial go.

But I don't see them pulling the belt off of Charlotte so soon. Hopefully I'm wrong.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

I actually could see a title switch here because I see this as a program that will run for a bit and the easiest way to manage that is a back and forth with the title, and rematch clauses being activated. If Charlotte just wins here the feud can’t go anywhere unless you do DQ finishes which we’ve just seen in AJ/Joe.

this is probably the match I’m looking forward to most on Sunday.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

If Charlotte pulls out her dad's bag of tricks and cheats to win then they can keep this going. With the Australia show and Evolution both coming up soon we're likely to see these two going at it a lot purely because turnaround is too quick to build up any other feud. Personally I'd have Becky win the title at Evolution for the pop but any version where she wins this feud is fine by me.

Thread Information