Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Season Discussion Thread

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

2018 NFL Season Discussion Thread

We're on a verge of the start of the 2018 NFL Season.

The AFC South is gonna be very competitive if the quarterbacks can stay healthy. I'm not worried what happened for the Titans in the preseason cause those games were meaningless. I really hope Mariota returns to his true form with a good supporting receiving cast of Davis, Matthews, Taylor, and Sharpe tight end Walker, and maybe our running backs Henry and Lewis may catch the ball. The Titans defense should be stout like last years defense. But there's a hole in that defense and that's the absence of our safety Jonathan Cyprien, tearing his ACL and missing the season. I still see high hopes in this team despite the setback. It's getting close guys!
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 09-01-2018 at 01:53 PM.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: 2018 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Not gonna lie when I heard Colin Kaepernick is with Nike now with this Just Do it Campaign and they want to be with his cause with beliefs it's a beautiful thing to watch.

As for my Eagles I'm going to be so sick that day worrying if my Eagles can stop the revengeful Falcons coming to hunt us down. I think were going to need to rely on that Defense that was great last Season, and in my opinion is deeper they are going to need to help the Offense for the first few weeks of the Season.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    As for my Eagles I'm going to be so sick that day worrying if my Eagles can stop the revengeful Falcons coming to hunt us down. I think were going to need to rely on that Defense that was great last Season, and in my opinion is deeper they are going to need to help the Offense for the first few weeks of the Season.
    Generally, Matt Ryan and that offense struggles up north outside. However, I'm not sure that Foles will be as effective as his playoff run. I'm definitely intrigued by this game, and it's so difficult for me to pick a winner.

Status

As a Pats fan I have some mixed feelings this season. The division is really bad as usual, but this team has some serious issues. I'm sure they'll be fine, but still going to be interesting.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Apparently Le'Veon Bell has been getting a LOT of shit from his fellow teammates.

Teammates like Maurkice Pouncey and Ramon Foster are apparently sick of his shit.

Good. Le'Veon Bell seems to care more about being a rapper than a football player, and if he wants to keep holding out like an asshole, more power to him.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    Apparently Le'Veon Bell has been getting a LOT of shit from his fellow teammates.

Teammates like Maurkice Pouncey and Ramon Foster are apparently sick of his shit.

Good. Le'Veon Bell seems to care more about being a rapper than a football player, and if he wants to keep holding out like an asshole, more power to him.
    This is all I have heard about on the radio recently. I bet he doesnt show up for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Status

My problem with it is,

The Steelers can't actually do anything at this point. They can't trade him, and they can't offer him a ltd.

So him holding out is solely for preserving his body...which, it is what it is. Fine if you want to make that choice instead of going all in on your team this year then that's your choice...

But if he has made that choice, why not come out and just say it from the beginning. I'm going to stay out until Week 10, or Week 3, because I want to preserve my body.

There is no reason for him to be so vague like he is, other than him just doing it to play games and keep people talking about him. That is all it is right now. He loves the attention, and he loves people talking about him and guessing when he's going to show up.

It's childish, and selfish. And that's why his teammates are upset.

Frankly, he doesn't deserve the deal he wants. Not only because the shelf life for RBs is short, and Bell is nearing that age where RBs hit the wall out of nowhere. Not only because he has a history of ligament tears, or the fact that he has more carries/mileage than a lot of other backs, or the fact that he has been suspended twice now...

But he isn't a team player. Contract disputes or not, he is showing every GM and coach that Le'veon only cares about himself and money.

He will never get the contract he wants. He isn't worth it. What the Steelers offered was fair. But let him walk, and he'll find out himself that nobody is going to pay him what he wants.

Status

The Eagles really should have traded Foles

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

Wow really major deja vu with that game.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    The Eagles really should have traded Foles
    To be fair Matt Ryan didn't play well either and that is credit to The Eagles Defense and Falcons Defense making it hard for both QB's to get anything done on the board. Sully had it right deja vu indeed, and it ends with Jones who seemed like the only fucking player that came to play for the Falcons Offense like for real. The dude had what 150 yards Receiving and the rest of the WR/TE's where were you guys. The Second half the Eagles Defense were nasty as fuck and you better be with that Depth they have everywhere. Foles of course didn't play like he wanted of course, but he didn't make a mistake that cost them the game. It can't be on Foles, you can't expect the man to do what he did in the Playoffs and repeat that. You have to rely on the other phases of the game and the Eagles Defense helped and the Running Game was huge tonight with two TD's from Ayaji.

Big wins for my Eagles tonight vs The Falcons, but they need to get in sync fast because who knows when Wentz will be back, maybe in a few weeks or so. Alshon who I said would play an important factor to the Offense was one of the reasons why the Eagles WR/TE had problems all night getting holes outside of a few plays from Agholor and Ertz. Someone just give Wentz a Senzu Bean and he'll be back on the Field.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Maniac Poster of 2007

Status

It feels so good to have football back. I hate that the eagles won last night, I am not sure how the Cowboys will do this year. Could be really good, could be really bad lol. I am feeling optimistic though.
    [Today 05:12 PM] DD: Slim gets the sexiest boy ever award

#GrimLove

Status

Le'Veon Bell is not on the team bus to Cleveland apparently.

This situation is just going to devolve worse from here, I imagine.

Status

Le'Veon Bell is not on the team bus to Cleveland apparently.

This situation is just going to devolve worse from here, I imagine.
    Who knows because the punk won't tell anyone what his intentions are.

He could show up next week. Who knows, but I would have much more respect for him if he was upfront about his plans instead of playing attention games.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

The team made it so much worse by commenting on it and rportraying Bell in a negative light. No matter your thoughts on him or his intentions, thats on them. This is further proof that Tomlin has no control over his players.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    The team made it so much worse by commenting on it and rportraying Bell in a negative light. No matter your thoughts on him or his intentions, thats on them. This is further proof that Tomlin has no control over his players.
    Disagree. I like how open they are about it. I think that's on Bell, takes a lot to have your entire O Line turn on you like that.

I hear that a lot from fans, Tonkin "lacking" control. But I've never seen it defined. I don't think the control they have in mind is very necessary in a professional level. Maybe with college, or high school. But when you treat your players like little kids, I think they begin to loose respect in a different way.

None the less I don't have any ability to measure how much "control" Coach Tomlin has on his team because I'm not inside the locker room. I don't know.

They certainly speak their minds to the media a lot more than other teams. But I have yet to see that actual result in serious inner locker room conflicts or feuds, so again I have no issues with it.

Plus, as far as I am concerned Bell isn't part of the team right now. Foster said the same thing. He is the one who turned it into a me vs them thing.

#GrimLove

Status

In my honest opinion, between Bell and Ben and Brown, I don't know has anyone can really say Tomlin can control his players. The whole team just seems like a group of people that keep getting into trouble and management does little about it unless you're a benchwarmer.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

In my honest opinion, between Bell and Ben and Brown, I don't know has anyone can really say Tomlin can control his players. The whole team just seems like a group of people that keep getting into trouble and management does little about it unless you're a benchwarmer.
    So cutting Blount was nothing and letting Santonio Holmes go. I get what you are saying but Tomlin isnt part of the problem but when teammates get sick of something they will respond. Look at when James Harrison said the team didnt do anything and the whole responded back to him.

I mean if I was his teammates I would be pretty pissed as well. He tweeted he would be ready on September 9. I also get he got a bunch of touches and wants less since her feels 14.5 million is not enough when that's more than any RB in a season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wang Chung; 09-09-2018 at 10:08 AM.

TEAM CYRUS

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

What the hell?

The Titans are playing poorly right now. They failed to get the ball in the endzone by a failed fourth down conversion on the one yard line. Plus, the Titans defense let the Dolphins cruise right in for the touchdown, thanks to Malcolm Butler's stupid suplex that gave the Dolphins 15 more yards. Fucking idiot, this is NOT the WWE. Let's go Titans!

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Status

Getting into trouble? The only trouble makers we've had recently were Martavis Bryant (who we got rid of for a 3rd round pick) and Le'veon Bell who this whole conversation started because I said he wasn't worth what he wants...Because of his punk attitude.

Hail To The King

Status

Browns looking good

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information