Thread: WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 - WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Hell in a Cell WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 - WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    The Universal Championship will be decided inside Hell in a Cell at the Sept. 16 pay-per-view event, as newly-crowned titleholder Roman Reigns will square off against Braun Strowman with WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley donning the pinstripes as the Special Guest Referee.

In true Monster in the Bank fashion, Strowman claimed there was no way he’d cash in his coveted Money in the Bank contract with a sneak-attack. Instead, he came to SummerSlam ready to openly challenge the winner of the Universal Championship main event pitting Brock Lesnar against Roman Reigns. However, thanks to the fallout of a mid-match entanglement with The Beast, he was unable to cash in on Reigns after The Big Dog took down Lesnar to win the title.

The following night on Raw, The Monster Among Men emerged near the conclusion of Reigns’ match against Finn Bálor with the intention of cashing in on the winner of the title bout, but the war-torn Reigns and his Shield brothers-in-arms -- Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose – spoiled Strowman’s plans, unloaded on Mr. Monster in the Bank and send him crashing through the announce table with a Triple Powerbomb.

Now, Strowman has opted to trade in his Money in the Bank contract for a Universal Title Match inside Hell in a Cell at the pay-per-view of the same name. With fierce champion and ferocious challenger each completely surrounded by the unforgiving steel structure, the stage is set for a chaotic showdown, as there will be no way for anyone to interfere, not Rollins & Ambrose not and Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre, Strowman’s new cohorts. With Reigns and Strowman set to write the latest chapter of their barbaric rivalry inside the harrowing confines of the deadly cell, both competitors will leave everything on the canvas (if there is any canvas or anything else left when all is said and done).

Just six days before the epic showdown, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley returned to Raw to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of his legendary Hell in a Cell Match against The Undertaker. As someone who truly understands the dangers of the career-altering structure, Foley announced that he would be the Special Guest Referee for the imminent title clash between The Big Dog and The Monster Among Men.

With The Hardcore Legend in control, find out if Reigns or Strowman emerges as Universal Champion at WWE Hell in a Cell, Sunday, Sept. 16, at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the WWE Network. Bang bang!
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 09-13-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 - WWE Universal Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

Can't get my head around why they're killing Braun's momentum again by feeding him to Reigns...again sigh...as there is no way they're putting the belt on Braun here...none whatsoever.
    I have a plan so cunning......

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can't get my head around why they're killing Braun's momentum again by feeding him to Reigns
    Because they don't want Braun to be a star. There's been so many chances to crown this guy from Summerslam 17, to the No Mercy Lesnar match, to inserting him into this year's mania main event, to last month at Summerslam. This guy gets crazy over as a babyface, but because they were so stubborn to the plan of Roman must beat Brock, no-one else, they had to keep slamming on the brakes and making the decision to fuck him over anytime he approached being the why isn't he champion yet? #1 babyface in the company.

This heel turn to me is 10 times more frustrating than the Becky turn stuff because Becky can bounce back and her flawed booking has actually resulted in her going from doing nothing, to being on TV in meaningful angles for the first time in 2 years. Braun was THE GUY only about 6 months ago and now I, one of his biggest praise singers on this forum, hate everything they're doing with him now.

Status
      Country                    United States

This does seem almost like a death blow for Strowman when/if he loses this match, even if they do protect him a little. I don't want to sit through months of him squashing capable midcarders either just to rebuild him after this feud is over either.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Because they don't want Braun to be a star. There's been so many chances to crown this guy from Summerslam 17, to the No Mercy Lesnar match, to inserting him into this year's mania main event, to last month at Summerslam. This guy gets crazy over as a babyface, but because they were so stubborn to the plan of Roman must beat Brock, no-one else, they had to keep slamming on the brakes and making the decision to fuck him over anytime he approached being the why isn't he champion yet? #1 babyface in the company.

This heel turn to me is 10 times more frustrating than the Becky turn stuff because Becky can bounce back and her flawed booking has actually resulted in her going from doing nothing, to being on TV in meaningful angles for the first time in 2 years. Braun was THE GUY only about 6 months ago and now I, one of his biggest praise singers on this forum, hate everything they're doing with him now.
    Indeed. It's super frustrating that they are so hell bent on it all being about Reigns when they could make Braun what they wanted Reigns to be without having to try too hard. Unfortunately I can't see Reigns dropping the title until WM at the earliest so I have no idea where Braun goes after this...unless they do a random draft to freshen things up in a month or two.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Indeed. It's super frustrating that they are so hell bent on it all being about Reigns when they could make Braun what they wanted Reigns to be without having to try too hard. Unfortunately I can't see Reigns dropping the title until WM at the earliest so I have no idea where Braun goes after this...unless they do a random draft to freshen things up in a month or two.
    I don't see Reigns dropping the title to anyone outside of Rollins or Ambrose either, which means that Strowman sits out of the title picture for another almost year or so. It's crazy when you see how over Braun is, how obviously he's everything Vince loves, and yet they continue to refuse to pull the trigger on him in favour of pushing Roman to the moon when a large, vocal section of the crowd shit on everything he does - when they're not getting worked by booking tricks they reckon they're too smart to fall for of course.

Just for fun though, let's pretend Strowman could win here... let's pretend he does win. If Braun beats Reigns here, is that it for Roman? Would he be completely destroyed as a top face at that point? He was beloved as part of the Shield and when that ended he was pushed to high up the card too quickly and then put in a position where he wasn't ready for the world title but the loses he was taking in his big matches were chipping away at his "legitimacy" - for lack of a better word. Since then, injuries and a wellness violation have well and truly killed him for a certain section of the crowd but his win over Brock at Summerslam and the subsequent reforming of the Sheild seems to have quietened his doubters for the time being; if he drops the belt to Braun here after such a short title reign I can't see any other outcome than him getting shit on constantly until he finally turns heel, which may (at this point) never happen.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 - WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

Thread updated to reflect the SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Thread Information