Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History!

So we've seen Trish, Lita and Charlotte get some love so far, I think there a few other women I'd like to get people's takes on. Wendi Richter, Alundra Blayze, Chyna and even Sable. Richter, Blayze and Sable all were the main women in WWE at varying points and while they all brought something different to the table, they each played important parts in the history of women in WWE. Blayze especially was ahead of her time for a woman in WWE, it's a shame her run couldn't last longer. As for Chyna, her resume certainly speaks for itself and she is one of the indeniable standouts among women when you look at things. Rumble appearances, IC Championship reigns, important memeber of DX... I think she definitely warrants consideration.

Backyarder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC
    So we've seen Trish, Lita and Charlotte get some love so far, I think there a few other women I'd like to get people's takes on. Wendi Richter, Alundra Blayze, Chyna and even Sable. Richter, Blayze and Sable all were the main women in WWE at varying points and while they all brought something different to the table, they each played important parts in the history of women in WWE. Blayze especially was ahead of her time for a woman in WWE, it's a shame her run couldn't last longer. As for Chyna, her resume certainly speaks for itself and she is one of the indeniable standouts among women when you look at things. Rumble appearances, IC Championship reigns, important memeber of DX... I think she definitely warrants consideration.
    Richter headlined house shows in small arenas during her run and was very popular. She was even being compared to Hogan.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Honestly the only one I'd consider putting on the list is Chyna. Blayze is more famous because of the the WCW/bin incident than her actual run in WWE. Sable was popular but not for wrestling reasons and I just can't imagining putting her on a list because people found her attractive. I suppose Wendy Ricter could be considered but when I think of the greatest superstars in WWE history, she doesn't like a great choice, to be honest.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Honestly the only one I'd consider putting on the list is Chyna. Blayze is more famous because of the the WCW/bin incident than her actual run in WWE. Sable was popular but not for wrestling reasons and I just can't imagining putting her on a list because people found her attractive. I suppose Wendy Ricter could be considered but when I think of the greatest superstars in WWE history, she doesn't like a great choice, to be honest.
    Totally with you. In order of how I'd include them, it would be Chyna > Richter > Blayze > Sable.

Having said that, I didn't vote for any of them. Just curious if anyone else gave them consideration.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Seriously? Chyna!?

Hell no. Wendi Richter? Now you actually have an argument. She was, if anything, an anomaly for the time. She was extraordinarily popular and had Vince played ball Richter likely would have held the Women's championship as long as she was drawing, which could have been a long time.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    Seriously? Chyna!?

Hell no. Wendi Richter? Now you actually have an argument. She was, if anything, an anomaly for the time. She was extraordinarily popular and had Vince played ball Richter likely would have held the Women's championship as long as she was drawing, which could have been a long time.
    Just curious, why so dismissive of Chyna? I do get that she had little to no charisma and was no Charlotte in the ring, but the accolades, impact, legacy, etc. is all there.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Just curious, why so dismissive of Chyna? I do get that she had little to no charisma and was no Charlotte in the ring, but the accolades, impact, legacy, etc. is all there.
    But among the 25 greatest superstars of all time? Is she really deserving to be in that list?

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    But among the 25 greatest superstars of all time? Is she really deserving to be in that list?
    I mean, probably not, but to me, she has as good of an argument as Richter, Trish or Lita. I believe Charlotte is the only person I'd say is undeniably above her among women.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Wendi Richter wouldn’t even be in a top 50.

Still trying to finalize my list.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Brick Shithouse

Status

Chyna would be the highest female on my list but I struggle to make a case for any of them if I'm honest.

Status

Two weeks left to get those lists in folks! Thus far we've had about 70 different superstars receive votes with 9 different guys getting the number 1 spot on people's lists. The turnout has been good but there's still a handful of y'all I'm expecting a list from.

[Your Name]

Status

You'll defo get one from me, just using all the time available to ponder

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    You'll defo get one from me, just using all the time available to ponder

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    That's what I like to hear.

Brick Shithouse

Status

9 different guys as number 1 is interesting.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Yeah likewise I'm holding out until the end.

The recent HIAC match is making me think about Randy Orton's WWE career a lot in terms of this list. By no means do I think he's some top 5 contender or anything, but I think he does have an underrated career that if he retired tomorrow people would speak favourably on and overlook the low points. He has an uninterrupted 16 year career in WWE, one of their home grown stars, and 14 of those years he's been a world title contender level guy. It seems to be held against him more than any other wrestler that he was only #2 in the company and in John Cena's shadow, but a decade or so of being the #2 guy in the biggest wrestling company in the world is a pretty damn successful career. He does have a career of highs and lows but his highs are really fucking high; the Foley feud, The legend killer gimmick, having the first proper streak match, being Mr. Sole Survivor, the Punk feud, the Christian feud, making the Mark Henry World title run as believable as it could be, one of Bryan's best ever opponents. I'm always surprised at how over Orton is when his music hits or when I go to live shows so in the fans minds they're willing to forget the bad parts of his career because of the good days and his star aura.

I think the biggest criticism against him is when he does get that #1 spot, that's when he becomes insufferable, or even worse, flat out boring which is a pretty shit thing to be in entertainment. He lacks charisma so any of the talking segments you have to do as the ace of a company are a real mark against him compared to others who have been given the opportunities he has. Stuff like the Wrestlemania 25 main event was a complete bust, and title matches against the likes of Cena or Michaels aren't really of the quality they should be. Where I think he's better placed is as a utility player further down the card (i.e. not a show closer) and a foil/opponent for other good wrestlers. He's no good at all when you put him against shit wrestlers like Jinder Mahal and Bray Wyatt, he needs to be in there with flashier guys who the crowd's actually want to see make a comeback after Orton's heat segments or build to exciting finishes around the RKO attempts. I wish they'd move him on to work with some of the more talented guys on his roster like Styles, Almas, Bryan etc because on the most stacked roster for talented wrestlers in a long time, they keep putting him in the least interesting programs possible.

Might spend a few days watching his old work that I haven't seen in ages to work out where to pop him on my list.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    9 different guys as number 1 is interesting.
    I can see Hogan, Austin, Bruno (maybe) and Rock as choices. Assuming HBK gets at least one number one vote from someone here, that makes 5. I'm really struggling to think of anyone else (aside from Cena who I doubt received a single number one vote around here) that could be a legitimate number one. Maybe somebody voted for 'Taker or Bret?

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Film Franchises~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Yeah likewise I'm holding out until the end.

The recent HIAC match is making me think about Randy Orton's WWE career a lot in terms of this list. By no means do I think he's some top 5 contender or anything, but I think he does have an underrated career that if he retired tomorrow people would speak favourably on and overlook the low points. He has an uninterrupted 16 year career in WWE, one of their home grown stars, and 14 of those years he's been a world title contender level guy. It seems to be held against him more than any other wrestler that he was only #2 in the company and in John Cena's shadow, but a decade or so of being the #2 guy in the biggest wrestling company in the world is a pretty damn successful career. He does have a career of highs and lows but his highs are really fucking high; the Foley feud, The legend killer gimmick, having the first proper streak match, being Mr. Sole Survivor, the Punk feud, the Christian feud, making the Mark Henry World title run as believable as it could be, one of Bryan's best ever opponents. I'm always surprised at how over Orton is when his music hits or when I go to live shows so in the fans minds they're willing to forget the bad parts of his career because of the good days and his star aura.

I think the biggest criticism against him is when he does get that #1 spot, that's when he becomes insufferable, or even worse, flat out boring which is a pretty shit thing to be in entertainment. He lacks charisma so any of the talking segments you have to do as the ace of a company are a real mark against him compared to others who have been given the opportunities he has. Stuff like the Wrestlemania 25 main event was a complete bust, and title matches against the likes of Cena or Michaels aren't really of the quality they should be. Where I think he's better placed is as a utility player further down the card (i.e. not a show closer) and a foil/opponent for other good wrestlers. He's no good at all when you put him against shit wrestlers like Jinder Mahal and Bray Wyatt, he needs to be in there with flashier guys who the crowd's actually want to see make a comeback after Orton's heat segments or build to exciting finishes around the RKO attempts. I wish they'd move him on to work with some of the more talented guys on his roster like Styles, Almas, Bryan etc because on the most stacked roster for talented wrestlers in a long time, they keep putting him in the least interesting programs possible.

Might spend a few days watching his old work that I haven't seen in ages to work out where to pop him on my list.
    I'm all in on the Orton love. He's amazingly over and has always been a favorite for the casual fans I know. Like the commentators say, it's like he was made in a lab for this business. You look at Orton and you know he's a star. He has had stretches of being pretty dull but like you said, he has had some great peaks and plenty of highlights. Sure he's always been in the shadow of Cena and even at times Batista, Edge or Punk... but no one's going to hold that against Macho Man or The Rock. Or The Undertaker, who has probably never truly been the figurehead of the company. Orton was an easy pick for me.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Orton's an easy pick based on longevity and accomplishments but he's struggled to have a good run at the very top (some of his title runs are absolute disasters like 2004, all his 2009 ones, his 2013-2014 wins, his 2017 run) and has always been pushed above his ability to draw. I think of him like an upgraded Sheamus, where he's got all these accomplishments but a lot of them came out of nowhere and don't feel special (e.g. his MITB win and his second Rumble win). Orton may have been around for 16 years consecutively, but he has literally years in his career where he's doing nothing interesting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I can see Hogan, Austin, Bruno (maybe) and Rock as choices. Assuming HBK gets at least one number one vote from someone here, that makes 5. I'm really struggling to think of anyone else (aside from Cena who I doubt received a single number one vote around here) that could be a legitimate number one. Maybe somebody voted for 'Taker or Bret?
    Cena, Rock (?), Austin, Hogan, Bruno (?), Undertaker, HBK is who I got thinking about it. After that I'm struggling. Can't see Bret getting a number 1 vote. Could maybe see someone like Jericho sneaking to someone's number 1 maybe even though I'd vehemently disagree with that. Vince?

No Easy Way Out

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Nine seems like a really big number of different #1 votes. Trying to think who else could’ve been placed that high outside of the names already put forward, but they all feel like a stretch to me. Andre? Triple H? Lesnar?

As for Orton, he was a definite top 25 for me. It was just a case of where to place him in the end.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Cena, Rock (?), Austin, Hogan, Bruno (?), Undertaker, HBK is who I got thinking about it. After that I'm struggling. Can't see Bret getting a number 1 vote. Could maybe see someone like Jericho sneaking to someone's number 1 maybe even though I'd vehemently disagree with that. Vince?
    Same here but it wouldn't be a major surprise if someone was a huge mark for the guy. Can't really think of anyone around here that fits that description though. Speaking of vehemently disagreeing with placements, I'm starting to wonder if someone voted for Punk at number one.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Film Franchises~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Thread Information