Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Super Show-Down - October 6th

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

WWE Super Show-Down - October 6th

Matches for this keep getting announced, so I thought I'd make a thread for the show even though it's over a month away. I believe Punk Wolf is going.

Announced Matches:

FOR THE FINAL TIME EVER SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS
    Triple H Vs The Undertaker

WWE Championship
    AJ Styles (c) Vs Samoa Joe

WWE Championship #1 Contenders Match
    Daniel Bryan Vs The Miz

The Shield Vs Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre

Ronda Rousey and The Bella Twins Vs The Riott Squad

John Cena and Bobby Lashley Vs Elias and Kevin Owens (but please believe he's fired)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    Cedric Alexander (c) Vs Buddy Murphy

Smackdown Tag Team Championships
    The New Day (c) vs The Bar

Smackdown Women's Championship

Becky Lynch (c) vs Charlotte Flair

Asuka & Naomi vs IIconics

---

This is turning into a good little event for the network. The one problem I have is announcing that AJ/Joe are having a WWE title match a few weeks after HIAC where they are having another WWE title match.

Nice to see them give the rub to Australia's Buddy Murphy giving him a title shot.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 09-30-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Super Show-Down - October 6th

Yeah a lot of this is shit because it kind of sets things in stone too far in advance. Joe is facing Styles no matter what, The Shield are sticking together, Owens will be back... I don't want to know all this when the storylines are still unfolding.

I can't say this looks much, if any, better to me than The Greatest Royal Rumble.

Status

Ronda and Cena matches are almost certainly crowd-pleaser squashes but the rest of the card looks fun at worst. This could be a good little "non-canon" type show with a few solid matches.

Could we at least throw a bone to the Iconics considering the event location though? Would be nice to give those gals a little something in their home country.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Could we at least throw a bone to the Iconics considering the event location though? Would be nice to give those gals a little something in their home country.
    ... vs. Naomi and...? Asuka maybe?

Not many faces on the SmackDown women's roster right now really. Especially with Charlotte and Becky entangeled in their thing.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Murphy vs Alexander 2 yeah looking down the Card that truly the Match I'm looking to. Carmella likes to say she's "money", but honestly she ain't money like Murphy right now. Kalisto vs Murphy on 205 Live from Tuesday was great and the Tag Team Match he was involved the week before was amazing. I say Match of the Year Nominee in my eyes, and this Show I hope Murphy wins the big one.

Yeah if The Iiconics get on the Show which should happen it would be Naomi/Asuka I imagine. Talk about four ladies that are floundering right now especially Asuka who was suppose to be the next big thing on the Main Roster, and that isn't the case she's been barely on TV. I swear that fight Charlotte and Becky had, was the first time I saw Asuka in months! Naomi is another one, not a fan of her personally but she has tons of potential and you think a lady who the Battle Royal at Wrestlemania, would be doing alot more. I could go on about my feelings on the Iiconics, but I'm really tired right now.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    ... vs. Naomi and...? Asuka maybe?

Not many faces on the SmackDown women's roster right now really. Especially with Charlotte and Becky entangeled in their thing.
    tbh at an Australian show I think there's a reasonable chance they get cheered. Stick 'em against Rose and Deville. Doesn't have to be any build or anything, just think it'd be a nice favor to them, but I am mildly biased.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Goddamn. WWE is making me want to watch this show with Murphy and Cedric (I think they will switch the titles btw) and Miz vs Bryan on the show
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I've already got my tickets sorted for this one, really looking forward to going. Whilst both are probably past their prime, even thinking about seeing a Joe/Styles match live has me speechless. I can't wait.

Miz/Bryan should be fun as well, but the six person tags and tag matches does give it a very house show/Greatest Rumble feel. That is a little disappointing but beggers can't be choosers, and I'm happy enough with the card still.

Iconics should be on here. If not, that's ridiculous. The fact they have actually picked up some wins recently gives me hope.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

tbh at an Australian show I think there's a reasonable chance they get cheered. Stick 'em against Rose and Deville. Doesn't have to be any build or anything, just think it'd be a nice favor to them, but I am mildly biased.
    That's a fair point. They might not have them wrestle and just give them a segment where they come out and be Australian for a bit just for the hell of it. They really should be on the show though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

Ronda and Cena matches are almost certainly crowd-pleaser squashes but the rest of the card looks fun at worst. This could be a good little "non-canon" type show with a few solid matches.

Ask and you shall receive...

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Nice.

I’m seeing New Day Vs Bar is on the show too. If that’s the case I hope Rusev Day win next week rather than back to back New Day/Bar matches.

BRO

Status

This could be worth waking up at what? 4 am? 5 am? I’m on the east coast so.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blazy Blaze View Post
    This could be worth waking up at what? 4 am? 5 am? I’m on the east coast so.
    Yeah I wake up at 5 in the Morning for work so I will need to watch this later in the day I imagine. Iiconics getting a Match hooray..BUT IT'S AGAINST ASUKA AND NAOMI!

Oh no..well it was fun while it lasted.

Real Women of Genius

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Charlotte vs Becky added.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Charlotte vs Becky added.
    Is Becky vs Charlotte happening right at HITC right? If all goes well Becky wins the Title and we get our rematch at Super Show Down.

Real Women of Genius

Cutest Gay in the Room

Status

Luckily this one is a 9am show in the United Kingdom I believe! Good ol Aussies. Couldn't think of a better way to start a Saturday. Looking forward to waking up, making a cup of tea and watching the graps! I'm really looking forward to pretty much all the matches, in fact - (not including the Iconics match), the only match I'm not looking forward to, is surprisingly Taker/HHH - I don't know - maybe things will change. Anyone else feeling like that?

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I couldn't give a shit about Taker/Hunter or the tease for HBK/Taker either. Neither match is going to live up to previous iterations of those feuds, but at least they aren't squashing new talent with these old guys. Sure, they're taking up time on the card, but that's better than crushing a promising talent by having them lose to part-time OAP's.

No Easy Way Out

Status
      Country                    Ireland

According to Twitter, Steve Austin is going to be the referee for that Taker/Trips match. They’re loading that match up, big time. Guessing The Rock will be guest ring announcer next, with Hulk Hogan providing guest commentary.

I should note that it’s not an official announcement from the WWE as yet, so it could be BS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    According to Twitter, Steve Austin is going to be the referee for that Taker/Trips match. They’re loading that match up, big time. Guessing The Rock will be guest ring announcer next, with Hulk Hogan providing guest commentary.

I should note that it’s not an official announcement from the WWE as yet, so it could be BS
    Make it a "Vince McMahon on a pole" match for good measure.

The Machine

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Jeez there pulling out all the stops for this so called super show , I'm pretty disappointed it's the card , thought taker would just being manias , they must be getting mega bucks for this show , hopefully This is the end of hhh and taker as it's getting a bit Stupid now, just watched the cage match last week and the amount of chair shots taken took was unreal his back was black and blue , hhh couldn't even walk properly or was it kayfabe, who knows ? But sooner or later Father Time will catch up , this isn't about entertainment it's about dollars.

Peace y'all
    Favorite WWF Wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Undertaker, HBK, Triple H , Rey Mysterio , Eddie Guerrero , Kane .

Favorite British Wrestlers: Davey Boy Smith Snr, Doug Williams, William Regal, Spud/ Drake Maverick, Will Ospreay, Drew McIntyre, Nick Aldis , Marty Scurll , Rampage Brown .

Favorite Active Wrestlers: Brian Cage, Charlotte Flair , Pentagon Jr , Ronda Rousey , Ricochet, Becky Lynch , Kenny Omega , Taya Valkyrie, Rey Fenix , Liv Morgan.

Thread Information