Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: WWE Super Show-Down - October 6th

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: WWE Super Show-Down - October 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Haven't watched the show, but the idea of HHH/Taker going nearly 30 minutes in 2018 is hilarious.

Have WWE forgotten how to book PPV main events? Seems like there's been more bad ones than good this year.
    Yep. I'll go as far to say that the only match that closed a WWE PPV this year that I would describe as good is the Women's Royal Rumble.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Haven't watched the show, but the idea of HHH/Taker going nearly 30 minutes in 2018 is hilarious.

Have WWE forgotten how to book PPV main events? Seems like there's been more bad ones than good this year.
    I'm not sure there's been a good PPV main event this year.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Its certainly been a common theme this year from the company. They seem to start all their shows quite strongly (quite a few even POTY quality) and then when they reach the last 2-3 matches it seems to go to shit. I didn't see the show but was the 6 man match at Fastlane any good? Because that legit may have been the best main roster main event this year. Other than that its defo the Womens Rumble

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

It's a problem seeping into Takeover too. Problem is the main event has the biggest effect on how fans view the show because it's the last thing you see, you bury this Taker/HHH shit in the middle of the show and end with Styles/Joe or Charlotte/Becky and the show itself probably comes off stronger. When you piss off fans with bad main events, they aren't in the mood to praise the match the watched 3 hours ago.

I thought the Fastlane 6 way match was good, nothing great, just good, and yet that stands to be the 2nd best PPV main event of the year. This has to be the worst run of PPV main events in a looooooong time. I'm not sure it's a coincidence that it's become regular in the 4 hour PPV era. I think some of these matches are going incredibly long just to pad out shows, the Chamber match particularly felt like it went on forever. Bigger problem is the Roman/Brock issue and running stupid finishes.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    United States

I didn’t think the show was all that bad, tbh. I thought Alexander and Murphy stole the show, and Styles/Joe was solid. I liked the opening tag match as well, and the double arm bar submission from Ronda was cool imo.

Other highlights: John Cena’s hair, Elias playing AC/DC’s Thunderstruck, and Corey’s Simpsons reference to water going down the drain the other way when referring to Cesaro’s swing.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

On Vacation

Status

Good matches.

Good crowd.

Good show.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It's a problem seeping into Takeover too. Problem is the main event has the biggest effect on how fans view the show because it's the last thing you see, you bury this Taker/HHH shit in the middle of the show and end with Styles/Joe or Charlotte/Becky and the show itself probably comes off stronger. When you piss off fans with bad main events, they aren't in the mood to praise the match the watched 3 hours ago.

I thought the Fastlane 6 way match was good, nothing great, just good, and yet that stands to be the 2nd best PPV main event of the year. This has to be the worst run of PPV main events in a looooooong time. I'm not sure it's a coincidence that it's become regular in the 4 hour PPV era. I think some of these matches are going incredibly long just to pad out shows, the Chamber match particularly felt like it went on forever. Bigger problem is the Roman/Brock issue and running stupid finishes.
    Doesn’t seem like things get better with the next two potential main events either.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the 4 hour shows tbh. It’s just a case of WWE booking their cards badly. They book a bunch of fun/fast paced matches quite early and then once were on the come down and actually need a fast pace match to wake us up again, they decide to run with the slower pace matches. Then we reach the main event and they feel the need to throw a bunch of bells and whistles to get people talking but don’t realise that talk pretty much ends on Monday.

Like you said if you bury the crap midway through the show people tend to look on it in a more positive light. All lot of cards this year would be looked on more positively if they were just rejigged.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Doesn’t seem like things get better with the next two potential main events either.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the 4 hour shows tbh. It’s just a case of WWE booking their cards badly. They book a bunch of fun/fast paced matches quite early and then once were on the come down and actually need a fast pace match to wake us up again, they decide to run with the slower pace matches. Then we reach the main event and they feel the need to throw a bunch of bells and whistles to get people talking but don’t realise that talk pretty much ends on Monday.

Like you said if you bury the crap midway through the show people tend to look on it in a more positive light. All lot of cards this year would be looked on more positively if they were just rejigged.
    Only problem with that idea though. If WWE rejigs the cards so the shitty Brock match is in the middle, it begs the question why even book the shitty match in the first place?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thread Information