Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 Discussion

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 Discussion

Thought the match sucked. Lost interest pretty quickly and they never got me back even with Seth/Dean/Dolph/Drew but I did love the Brock return.

Good show though. The tag match was a bore to watch. A complete disappointment. The Orton/Hardy match was awesome. Really enjoyed that. The mixed tag match was loads of fun too and Ronda vs Bliss was better than I expected.
    Last edited by MC 16; 09-16-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

It’s not even surprising that Romans match was the one match that didn’t deliver.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

YES! YES! YES!

Status

WWE have a major problem in being able to close shows and carry good momentum from the first couple of hours into the final hour. When is the last time you saw a solid start to finish PPV from them? That was 90% of a great show but because it ended on a flat note I’m left frustrated again, and then they’ve got the gall to air a network special about Foley’s HIAC anniversary when he was just in a match that made the stipulation look stupid.

I don’t want to hear ‘they booked themselves into a corner’ with Roman and Braun. They should know better to put two guys in the ring who both shouldn’t be losing a match at this point in their career and then proceed to book them in the one type of match that should never have run in/no contest finishes booked as an out. Absolutely awful decision making. If you want Roman to be the guy so bad that you’d turn Braun heel and risk losing his popularity, just have Roman win the fucking match. And then to top it off here’s Brock Lesnar again, because we were all clamouring for Brock vs Roman again.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    WWE have a major problem in being able to close shows and carry good momentum from the first couple of hours into the final hour. When is the last time you saw a solid start to finish PPV from them? That was 90% of a great show but because it ended on a flat note I’m left frustrated again, and then they’ve got the gall to air a network special about Foley’s HIAC anniversary when he was just in a match that made the stipulation look stupid.

I don’t want to hear ‘they booked themselves into a corner’ with Roman and Braun. They should know better to put two guys in the ring who both shouldn’t be losing a match at this point in their career and then proceed to book them in the one type of match that should never have run in/no contest finishes booked as an out. Absolutely awful decision making. If you want Roman to be the guy so bad that you’d turn Braun heel and risk losing his popularity, just have Roman win the fucking match.
    Absolutely agree on the second paragraph. Roman has to be the worst booked poster child ever in WWE right? Luger probably the only guy giving him a run for his money there but they at least didn't drag Luger's run out too long after it was clear it wasn't sticking. There's just so much indecision with him. Beyond him losing at Mania and The GRR, his whole character is really undefined. He's kind of a bad ass but also a good guy and role model super hero type. Like it's almost like they want to give him the Stone Cold/Rock edge but then you have him talking about honor and respect, and never giving up, and that's all very Cena. I just genuinely don't think WWE know what to do with him at all.

And on another note, I've kind of been saying it but I'm really going to emphasize it after tonight... It's time for a new WWE Champion. AJ has had fine matches for this second half of the year so far but his reign is reaching Triple H levels of stagnation and shady finishes. Once more that's largely on the booking team. They have really mishandled the World titles this year.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Canada

Hilarious how I booked Roman/Braun in a no contest in my BTB in Hell in a Cell and now WWE does it too LOLOL. AJ/Joe wrestling wise seemed really good, but ending was awful and it made no sense storyline wise. The opener was good in my opinion. Jeff/Orton was good.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    Europe

I hate non-finishes in big stipulation matches like this. I know I'm just getting old and seemingly turning in to Jim Cornette, but surely the whole point of something like HiaC is that stuff like this doesn't happen? Like you have your bullshit finishes in your normal matches, and these big matches where they can pay it off. It's like they see these stip matches as an opportunity to be more creative with their usual non-finishes, rather than just booking finishes.

While we're at it, I'm done with the current model too. We're in this weird cycle where TV is all important so they can't definitively end something on a Network special, but they have the Network to sell, so can't make TV the all-important thing. Then factor in the fact that they don't know how to/care about basic long-term booking strategy, and what you're left with is a pattern of nothing happening. Raw is technically building to the specials, but the specials try to get you to tune in to Raw. So nothing happens. You get a load of decent-to-well wrestled matches with no consequences and hardly anything to make it memorable in a few months time. Jeff Hardy shouldn't have to go face-first through a table for me to remember this show by the time 2019 HiaC comes around, you know?

I knew watching this would only piss me off!

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Absolutely agree on the second paragraph. Roman has to be the worst booked poster child ever in WWE right? Luger probably the only guy giving him a run for his money there but they at least didn't drag Luger's run out too long after it was clear it wasn't sticking. There's just so much indecision with him. Beyond him losing at Mania and The GRR, his whole character is really undefined. He's kind of a bad ass but also a good guy and role model super hero type. Like it's almost like they want to give him the Stone Cold/Rock edge but then you have him talking about honor and respect, and never giving up, and that's all very Cena. I just genuinely don't think WWE know what to do with him at all.
    I think Roman's booking is far worse than Luger. I mean, Luger shit the bed, but it was a quick thing. They misjudged a couple of moments, and then they moved on. And he could move on too, because WCW was there and he could instantly freshen himself up. Roman, on the other hand, has been in this weird combination of being the all-conquering dominant superhero who fucks up all the time for, what, four years? Their entire booking plans have revolved around him in that time too, and they've sacrificed other opportunities to get him over, and yet don't actually follow through.

I mean, he's a talented guy. He has been popular from time to time. If you're going to push him, push him. But to make him your ace, only to treat him like shit when it really matters, is just baffling to me.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy – Holy shitballs, that red cell. Did nobody learn anything from the January 4th Impact? This was a good match played at 50% speed. Jeff looked broken. On the plus side they looked like they wanted to really hurt each other, especially Orton. The finish would have been cool if Orton hadn’t moved way too early. Plus I hate when referees get all overly dramatic, and it didn’t feel like it needed to be sold that seriously. When Orton got out the screwdriver I was ready to complain about the dumb tease of such a weapon in a restricted blood era. But man, Orton’s use of the screwdriver was maybe the most violent and visually brilliant things I’ve seen in wrestling in ages. I’ll be generous based on that. **1/2

Becky Lynch vs Charlotte – Really fun match almost completely down to Becky and her intensity. Charlotte sold where she needed to but this was the Becky show and she gave her best main roster performance in years. Think it only lacked a couple of things. Mostly it felt a little disjointed between the moves. Right person won, hurray for Becky! ***1/2

Ziggler & McIntyre vs Ambrose & Rollins – This was pretty rad. Started out a bit slow, but it just burst into life in the second half of the match and the finishing sequence was really hot. Loads of fun. I think the only thing that stopped it from being truly great was that the kickouts felt like they were always the individual kicking out. I feel like they could have been a little smarter and had the teammates breaking up pins instead. ****

Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles – Big step down from their Summerslam match. Seemed a bit heatless to me. The finish was a bit screwy but it’s whatever. ***

Miz & Maryse vs Bryan & Brie – As I expected this was a lot of fun. I thought they did a great job of building to a Brie Bella vs Maryse standoff. Brie seemed to bust Miz open hard way which is hilarious to me. Ending sucked, but well booked and a lot of fun. ***

Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey – Why is every female someone else’s “best friend”. Sasha and Bayley were best friends; Becky and Charlotte were best friends; Mickie James and Alexa Bliss are best friends; Natalya and Ronda are best friends. Add it to the long list of completely fucking obnoxious WWE tropes. Anyway this about as good as the Summerslam match. That is, not very. It just doesn’t feel believable to me, though they tried their darndest to make it believable. Let’s get Ronda onto other people. **1/4

Roman vs Braun – That woman screaming through the whole match. This was very very boring before the overbooking. Hit a big power move, wait a bit, hit a big power move, maybe add a bit of plunder. Roman is having a bad year no doubt about it, and Braun hasn’t had a really good match in ages from what I’ve seen. The cell was non-existant in this match - at least as far as Roman and Braun were concerned. Just a big red ugly distraction in the background. Then holy shit does this match turn even worse with the finish. Ambrose, Rollins, McIntyre and Ziggler come out to try and make this shitty match interesting while Roman and Braun are lying in the ring with their finger up their arse for over 10 minutes while other people wrestle their match for them. The “big spot” was the most hopelessly transparent shite I think I’ve ever seen. Given I didn't completely shit on Ziggler earlier in my review of the tag match, allow me to shit on him now (and Rollins too). Them carefully positioning themselves on the side of the cage, shifting obviously to get into position, looking behind them repeatedly to make sure they're definitely in position before finally falling in the most obvious fucking spot ever planned. Even worse than the last time Rollins took that exact same bump. Horrendous. Both of them looked like amateurs setting that up. Of course what else can you expect from bargain-bin HBK cosplayer living out a much better and more famous spot?

And imagine doing a no-contest after the referee (who added nothing to the match, easiest payday of Mick's life) literally nearly died in a Hell in a Cell match 20 years ago - that the company is promoting - and still finished the match.

This is right up there with Roman’s matches with Brock and Joe for worst match of the year. Don’t think I’ve ever given this rating to the same wrestler three times in one year.

DUD

Overall - a really good 3 hour show and then the final hour happened and it soured the whole thing. WWE can't pace big shows anymore and they don't end on a high ever. It's a shame because I enjoyed most of the show. Becky won, Miz and Maryse are treasures, the tag match was a blast (though I almost want to pull my rating down for their association in the main event).

Fearless University

Status

Rollins has done that spot twice now where he goes off the side of the cage through a table and both times it’s been horrible. He just jumps off the cage for no reason, punches Dolph and then leaps off. I’m sort of numb to how awkward pro wrestlers are when setting up spots at height with ladders or a cage. It’s just always astoundingly awkward watching them inch around to get into position or wait for the other person to run in.

As bad as the Main Event was, AJ having other screwy finish tops it for me. It’s a guarantee Romans match will suck, every now and then he might manage to have a fun match, but the majority are just poorly executed and poorly booked. AJ being in another feud that WWE don’t want him to lose, but want to drag out is just unbearable. Get the Title off him pronto, this reign has sucked.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Hell In A Cell Match - Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton:
    - Awesome opener. Orton slowly beating down Hardy, being highly focused on the back of Hardy and inflicting more and more damage on it using leather belts and chairs etc. And when he used the screwdriver I thought I was watching a Jun Kasai deathmatch. It was gnarly. And Jeff did what Jeff did, jumped off something crazy. Good match with some vile moments which helped in a situation like this where you want to save stuff for the main event. Loved psycho Orton. ***½

WWE SmackDown Women's Title Match - Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Becky Lynch:
    - This was a fine match. Good exchange of technical holds throughout the match. It just lacked the heat and intensity the feud was seemingly built upon. The feud ain’t over yet so it’s not a big deal. **½

WWE RAW Tag Team Title Match - Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre (c) vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins):
    - The finished obviously ruled and they had a great finishing stretch. It took a while, around 10-15 minutes or so (unsure of the time) but it turned into a good match with the crowd loving it. But it was very boring for a lot of the match, nothing wrong with it but they seemed to be going through the motions for large parts of the match. **½

WWE Title Match - AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe:
    - Decent match. Loads of tension felt but the lack of crowd interaction harmed the match. Some parts of the match was in silence. Wasn’t into the finish, to be honest but it means the feud continues so great! ***¼

Brie Bella & Daniel Bryan vs. Maryse & The Miz:
    - Really enjoyed this match. It was not surprising that the match was at its best when bryan and Miz were facing off. Thankfully it was like that for most of the match. The crowd was crazy into this match as well. Had very little expectations but they exceeded them. ***½

WWE RAW Women's Title Match - Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Alexa Bliss:
    - I thought this was really good. Bliss did a great job at tagretting the ribs and pelvis area. Ronda did a great job at selling it too. The comebacks were a bit corny but fine enough. Ronda is really coming along on her own. Bliss was great in the match, IMO. ***

WWE Universal Title Hell In A Cell Match - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman:
    - I didn’t like this at all really. I found myself disinterested pretty quickly and they never brought me back until the Brock bits which were awesome. Don’t know what else to say. *½
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Orton Vs Hardy is on the higher end of modern day HIAC matches which might make me overrate it, but I loved the match. When you just have a standard WWE hardcore match inside the cell between two people that can't convey a sense of hatred, you end up with a bland HIAC match that you can't remember; I was trying to think last night about what happened in stuff like Reigns Vs Rusev, Reigns Vs Wyatt and Owens Vs Rollins and I just couldn't remember a damn thing about them. They're utterly forgettable. With Orton Vs Hardy I did get a sense of that brutality that felt at home in the match and that these are two guys who are raising their game to justify the decision to give them the cell; I'm never going to forget the twisting screwdriver in the ear hole and I'm not gonna forget the crazy face plant finish in a hurry (Orton jumping off too early hurt it, but great save by Corey suggesting Jeff just lost his grip in the end). For better or worse, Hell in a Cell is a match about moments and spots and has been since 1998, and for WWE's gif generation this match ticked all the boxes. I wouldn't say it's as great as Charlotte/Sasha or New Day/Usos, but I loved it just as much because expectations were shattered. I think it's a terrific Orton performance, when you see guys like Jimmy Havoc and Sami Callihan do death matches and try hard to be sadistic to not much reaction, and then see one of WWE's home grown stars make them look like child's play with the screwdriver spot, it's hilarious. I would love them to move to AJ Vs Orton next up, but I think that's near impossible with Bryan Vs Miz having a #1 contender match in Australia next month. Not sure where they go with Orton from here.

AJ's reign has suffered from them wanting to give the guy a long title reign (nothing wrong with that at all), but run long feuds that have 3-4 title matches which causes a lot of headaches in trying to justify why the #1 contender keeps getting multiple shots. With Shinsuke I didn't mind it as much because after mania it was clear that Nakamura as WWE Champion would of been the wrong move but WWE can't totally abandon the feud after 1 match, plus at that point it was the first time we'd seen it in AJ's reign. But now it's happening all over again with Joe it just makes everyone look stupid. AJ looks dumb af because he tapped out with half a second to go to a move Joe never wins big matches in, so now he doesn't feel like a worthy champion. Joe looks dumb af because WHILE AJ'S MUSIC WAS PLAYING AND HEARING THE REFEREE COUNT TO 3 AND SIGNAL FOR THE BELL he thinks he's won the title and it takes the ring announcer saying AND STILL before he works out he hasn't won. Paige looks dumb af for only now deciding that there must be a winner after not giving them the HIAC match when their first match ended in DQ and when the No DQ stipulation she's now made doesn't guarantee the same thing can't happen again. Then the company also look dumb af for being in an era where sports are embracing video technology to wipe out bad ref calls, and they stand by the referees decision is final but show replay after replay showing us that Joe won the match so he should be the new champion.

Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey – Why is every female someone else’s “best friend”. Sasha and Bayley were best friends; Becky and Charlotte were best friends; Mickie James and Alexa Bliss are best friends; Natalya and Ronda are best friends. Add it to the long list of completely fucking obnoxious WWE tropes. Anyway this about as good as the Summerslam match. That is, not very. It just doesn’t feel believable to me, though they tried their darndest to make it believable. Let’s get Ronda onto other people. **1/4
    I think the best friend trope thing is a by product of justifying why any of these women would hang out with any other woman and show mutual support, as well as a lazy way to include women on the show without making them wrestle. There are no tag team championships for women in WWE, so even more so than the men this division is truly a dog eat dog world where only one woman can be champion and everyone else should be gunning for her. If WWE didn't lay it on so thick that Natalya and Ronda are best friends and training buddies then there's no reason in the audience's mind why Natalya should be out there for every Ronda match because really Natalya should want that title from Ronda just as bad as Alexa wants it from Ronda and all I can think is 'well she'll turn on her eventually'. It's stupid, but I know why they're doing it. I think this is why Becky Vs Charlotte resonates so well with the crowd because Becky seemingly being happy her best friend has more success than her was such a frustrating character trait and now everyone is elated she stood up for herself.

I do wonder what people expect when it comes to Ronda and her matches long term. Short squashes are fun for things like Summerslam in a rookie year, but acts like that get old fast and she'll never improve as a wrestler if she's stuck in short matches where she doesn't have to sell. I know it's unrealistic that Alexa would have a competitive match with Ronda if wrestling was a real sport, but news flash, no woman on that Raw roster would look believable having a shoot competitive match with a former UFC Champion, so I try not to have that expectation in my mind when I watch her wrestle. I think they told a good story that Ronda carried an injury into the match which Alexa had to exploit to stand any chance of winning the match. I came away thinking Ronda's a good seller already for this stage of her career and this program has been a good one for her.

Roman vs Braun – That woman screaming through the whole match. This was very very boring before the overbooking. Hit a big power move, wait a bit, hit a big power move, maybe add a bit of plunder. Roman is having a bad year no doubt about it, and Braun hasn’t had a really good match in ages from what I’ve seen. The cell was non-existant in this match - at least as far as Roman and Braun were concerned. Just a big red ugly distraction in the background. Then holy shit does this match turn even worse with the finish. Ambrose, Rollins, McIntyre and Ziggler come out to try and make this shitty match interesting while Roman and Braun are lying in the ring with their finger up their arse for over 10 minutes while other people wrestle their match for them. The “big spot” was the most hopelessly transparent shite I think I’ve ever seen. Given I didn't completely shit on Ziggler earlier in my review of the tag match, allow me to shit on him now (and Rollins too). Them carefully positioning themselves on the side of the cage, shifting obviously to get into position, looking behind them repeatedly to make sure they're definitely in position before finally falling in the most obvious fucking spot ever planned. Even worse than the last time Rollins took that exact same bump. Horrendous. Both of them looked like amateurs setting that up. Of course what else can you expect from bargain-bin HBK cosplayer living out a much better and more famous spot?

And imagine doing a no-contest after the referee (who added nothing to the match, easiest payday of Mick's life) literally nearly died in a Hell in a Cell match 20 years ago - that the company is promoting - and still finished the match.

This is right up there with Roman’s matches with Brock and Joe for worst match of the year. Don’t think I’ve ever given this rating to the same wrestler three times in one year.

DUD
    Agreed, one of the worst matches of the year for sure for me.

I didn't hear no bell!!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

This was a rare show that I was actually looking forward to. The card looked good, I thought the majority of the matches had a solid build at least and there wasn't any filler to bloat the card either. If I'd been able to, I'd have booked the day off work today to sit up and watch the show, but I ended up leaving it too late, and had to watch half the show live last night and the rest this afternoon. Up until the main event, I'd argue this was the best show WWE have put on (minus TakeOvers) this year, possibly only behind the Rumble - even with a silly looking red cell. Too cartoony for my liking, and makes the actual structure look LESS intimidating imo.

Jeff not doing a Swanton off the Cell gave me some relief. I was convinced that would be the big spot, and after the Shane elbows off the Cell the last few times, I just cant watch that kind of thing comfortably anymore, fearing someone is going to end up in a wheelchair. I don't know if that table spot was a much 'safer' option, as it looked pretty painful - but I'll take that over a dive from 20 feet in the air. Trying to think now where Randy Orton goes from here on Smackdown. AJ is tied up with Joe for another few weeks, Bryan is still feuding with Miz. I cant even think who the next face is on the list after that. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him mix it up with the New Day, considering the direction he's taken since his return. It would be some fresh matches for Orton at least.

Glad Becky won - definitely didn't see it happening on this show. I hope she gets a decent run with the belt. She deserves it. The Raw Tag Title match was very good too, but I came out of it with the same issue Shock had over the kick outs in that match.

I'm probably in the minority that wasn't overly bothered by the finish to AJ/Joe. It sets up their third match at the Super Showdown, where hopefully the belt changes hands, as Joe is on fire (character wise) right now. Thought the match was a notch or two below their Summer Slam match, mind.

Wasn't too keen on Ronda/Bliss. I just think it's too early for Ronda to be having 50/50 matches. The match was fine, just not what I wanted to see. But, putting the belt on Ronda kinda forces their hand in that regard.

Then, the main event happened.

I've nothing else really to add to what's already been said. It was … okay, I guess until the Spear through the table. And instead of the match kicking up a gear, it went off the rails. The ZiggIntyre/Shield run in's ended up being nonsensical due to the fact that Strowman and Reigns laid down on the mat for ten minutes while they played out their brawl around the Cell and on top of it. The Rollins/Ziggler table bump was a table bump for the sake of a table bump, and much like Owens big Cage bump a few months ago will be forgotten about by this day next week. Too choreographed for my liking.

And when Brock Lesnar showed up, I had to just roll my eyes. I've no desire to see this guy in the WWE anymore. I hope they just have Roman vs Lesnar (vs Strowman?) on Raw as soon as possible so we can move on.

What a total shit show that main event was. Whoever booked it should be fired. I'm not a huge Roman Reigns fan (those half dozen Superman punches per match - fist cocking included - annoy the hell out of me) but I do feel sorry for the guy and the way he's been handled. They turned Strowman heel when he's more over than Roman, then cant even follow through by putting Reigns over him to solidify him as the top guy. What is this companies issue with not going all the way with Roman every single time he's on top? They keep going half-way then cant see it through. They really need to shit or get off the pot with this guy. Go all the way, make him the tippy top guy and if he's still being rejected, then get the belt off him at WrestleMania and move on to someone else. But give him a REAL chance at it at least.

If I'm playing fantasy booker for this show and Strowman absolutely cant be jobbed out, then he cant be facing Roman here. The non-finish does nothing for either guy and pisses off the audience - and no amount of table bumps off the cell or cell doors being ripped off will take the attention off it. Instead, I'd have gone with Roman vs Balor instead, and give Reigns a hard fought clean win in a match that could steal the show and get his run up and running successfully. Then, you can have Ziggler & Drew vs Ambrose & Rollins inside the Cell and let them do their Cell bump there.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Imagine how good this show would of been if the Reigns Vs Balor match from the night after SS was on this show. At least then a poster of Devil Vs Demon would of made more sense

Roman might legitimately be the worst booked wrestler ever.

The Machine

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

That was £16.99 spent just to see a couple things off decent matches tbh honest I'm not happy Rusev Day didn't win as Aiden English looked as good as I've ever saw him , rusev is over more than most lol and he can back it up for a big man inside the ring, I know the new day are liked but ffs it would have the k.o much better I had to watch the opening on YouTube as it doesn't show this match on virgin media tevo box

Charlotte v Becky was worth waiting up for they both really went for it Charlotte booed and Becky cheered was great she's the most over women performer in recent memory and can back it up too, so Charlotte aswell though tbf she's the most athletic in Ring woman I've ever seen in terms of her skill set and always sells and makes her opponent look great that's the makings off a true professional, great match , jumped up when I thought Charlotte won, but then Becky got her haha

Shield minus boring Reigns v dogs of war was match off the night in terms putting it all on the line , Seth Rollins is a risk taker and dean Ambrose pop was the loudest off the night , the crowd went crazy when ever he was involved but the way he's booked does my head in, I never really understood his logic bug do now mad inside the ring and out lol the match was great except Dolph the wannabe Shawn Michaels does my head in, I can't and refuse to acknowledge him as a in Ring performer on the level off hbk or for that fact Billy gunn no one use the fameasser except him I know others use each other's moves which I think is daft , he just looks like he is there for the money and never tries lol , drew, Seth and dean always show there capable off , I loved the jump off the top rope I to the falcon arrow Seth does , he's the Defo in the echelons off the best inring performers now , dean is working back to that level too, by this time next year who knows they could be in a triple threat for u.c title , here's hoping.

Ronda v Alexa was ok , Ronda sold loads as best she could and us improving every match, not forgetting this is her 3rd singles match, like the kayfabe ribs are hurting was good to see the creative team had tried to make her look a bit vulnerable, but she moves really good , Alexa done her best and she is one off the best heels in terms off acting her facial expressions are mad

AJ v Joe blah blah gutted wasn't great in terms of joe he looked lathargic and oh off breath, AJ done ok , but I nothing like the TNA fueds which were great.

Same with boring Reigns and the monster , then Brock came down and spoiled it , foley counted three lol

Peace y'all.
    Last edited by Psychosis; 09-17-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Favorite WWF Wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Undertaker, HBK, Triple H , Rey Mysterio , Eddie Guerrero , Kane .

Favorite British Wrestlers: Davey Boy Smith Snr, Doug Williams, William Regal, Spud/ Drake Maverick, Will Ospreay, Drew McIntyre, Nick Aldis , Marty Scurll , Rampage Brown .

Favorite Active Wrestlers: Brian Cage, Charlotte Flair , Pentagon Jr , Ronda Rousey , Ricochet, Becky Lynch , Kenny Omega , Taya Valkyrie, Rey Fenix , Liv Morgan.

JOIN PWA TODAY !

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I only saw a clip of this but that Ziggler/Rollins cell spot was one of the worst I've ever seen. I understand the need to do that safely but if that's not possible without making it look that shitty then you should think of another spot to do.

The Machine

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I thought it was match of the night as I didn't see Rusev Day only youtube as I said dude haha

Was a the loudest pop off the night for dean Ambrose he needs to be booked proper and go after a title asap as he's over loads , Seth is too same with drew but I can't stand Dolph his moves set is terrible and the zigzag is a terrible version of the sling blade

I forgot about Jeff Hardy v randy Orton that was match off the night in terms of putting your body on the line I was nearly sick with screw driver through jeffs ear that was horrible,the finish looked gruesome too, I hope it was kayfabe as that landing was nasty , I can't type more as I'm offski on holiday.
    Peace y'all
    Last edited by Psychosis; 09-17-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    Favorite WWF Wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Undertaker, HBK, Triple H , Rey Mysterio , Eddie Guerrero , Kane .

Favorite British Wrestlers: Davey Boy Smith Snr, Doug Williams, William Regal, Spud/ Drake Maverick, Will Ospreay, Drew McIntyre, Nick Aldis , Marty Scurll , Rampage Brown .

Favorite Active Wrestlers: Brian Cage, Charlotte Flair , Pentagon Jr , Ronda Rousey , Ricochet, Becky Lynch , Kenny Omega , Taya Valkyrie, Rey Fenix , Liv Morgan.

JOIN PWA TODAY !

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Thought.

So Strowman's MITB is gone now, right? He cashed it in in advance to secure this match, then spent the better part of the month strolling through a dozen better opportunities to cash in amidst beating the shit out of Roman. They wasted the MITB on a dude who didn't need it, then blew off the cash-in via no-contest. Between this and Bliss's cash in for yet another title reign so soon after her previous one ended, we can pretty much scrub this year's MITB from history. What a waste.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Thought.

So Strowman's MITB is gone now, right? He cashed it in in advance to secure this match, then spent the better part of the month strolling through a dozen better opportunities to cash in amidst beating the shit out of Roman. They wasted the MITB on a dude who didn't need it, then blew off the cash-in via no-contest. Between this and Bliss's cash in for yet another title reign so soon after her previous one ended, we can pretty much scrub this year's MITB from history. What a waste.
    It was always a waste. There’s very few characters in wrestling history that needed the MITB contract less than Braun. He’s not a character that needs it at all when all he does is constantly destroy everyone (except Brock and Roman in big matches). Would have been so much better on The Miz, and have him rain on Bryans parade after DB wins the Title.

WAKE UP

Status

both HIACs were pretty terrible but everything else ranged from really good (Becky vs Charlotte, tag title match) to OK (intergender match).

I am already completely over this Bryan vs Miz fued and want both men to move on to something more exciting. building a match around Brie finally getting her hands on Maryse was laughable.

It's ridiculous how much more fun Workrate Superstar Rollins can be in a tag match than in singles. Drew was clearly the star of the tag title match though

Becky vs Charlotte had some whiffs and mis-communication, but it it also had solid grappling, strike exchanges and a limb-work focused story - when was the last time a WWE match had that? needed a few more minutes to be really epic but i dig the finish, Charlotte was on the ropes and tried a desperation move, and got caught.

Styles vs Joe was solid but the last match was better. Joe clearly gassed and had to resort to heat-sucking restholds half way through which was a shame, but the front and back were good. they need a solid stip match to blow this off.

Rousey was pretty excellent selling in her match, she continues to improve and get better, and to her credit Bliss's torso attacks made her way more interesting than normal. less reliance on interference spots and a more exciting finish and this could have been the same level as Becky-Charlotte

main event was just bad all over, no real detail needed. the workers and bookers were equally to blame, but moreso the latter.

Thread Information