Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Peyton Royce Calls Out Dave Meltzer

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Peyton Royce Calls Out Dave Meltzer

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The outrage about the outrage might be bigger than the outrage at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Hundred percent. The Meltzer fanboys came out in full force to defend their guy and I can't believe Natty is still going on about it when the internet collectively is already over it. Meltzer doesn't need defended, he's fine, the news cycle has changed. The reasonable people accepted his apology, the crazy people have found something else to get mad about, and the world has kept spinning.
    I'm not a Meltzer fan as I diss on most of the time. I mean 7 stars, Dave, really? Nor am I outraged over the outrage, but seeing as I opened this thread I'll comment on it. I think the only problem with the outrage is it was directed at a comment he didn't even make.

He talked mostly about the work and character not working and then stupidly commented on her boob job, while using a dumb word ("lighter") to dance around it, but he at no point fat shamed her for which most of the outrage came from.

That said, I hope the "reasonable" people have. No need to dwell on this. Personally, I am more concerned with his perception of the IIconics work. I don't see a big difference between now and NXT.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    The whole point I was making is they both had already had boob jobs in NXT (Billie and Alexa). Where as Peyton didn't. So only Peyton of the IIconics was different in that regards on the main roster.
    I see where you’re coming from but in Billie’s case it’s still a choice she has made to change her appearance with surgery prior to her call up, same as Peyton.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Because it's actually hilarious watching you churn out furiously typed essays in defense of Big Dave
    Ah, you're one of those odd types that complains about the things they enjoy. This is a wrestling forum, after all. But maybe we shouldn't call someone a piece of shit for expressing their opinion? Projection much?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    The whole point I was making is they both had already had boob jobs in NXT (Billie and Alexa). Where as Peyton didn't. So only Peyton of the IIconics was different in that regards on the main roster.
    You're right, it's not the same thing. But I'm sure there are other examples because Ed wouldn't just blow smoke like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I see where you’re coming from but in Billie’s case it’s still a choice she has made to change her appearance with surgery prior to her call up, same as Peyton.
    Not only is this only one example but it's from the same example as the conversation we're having... If it was so prevalent, you'll have an example that happened in the past, and perhaps even more than one. Take your time.

I feel it's important to say that everyone continuing this conversation is (probably) a consenting adult who wants to see where the conversation will go - not necessarily somebody FURIOUSLY TYPING. Typing yes, fury no. You act as though I'm not enjoying this as much or more than you are. Ed wouldn't reply if he didn't want to continue discourse. It's not some CRUSADE he has against Meltzer, Silk.
    Last edited by The Natural; 08-20-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Thread Information