Thread: Jim Neidhart Passes Away

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Jim Neidhart Passes Away

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling.../22782945.html

Word is circulating Monday morning that former WWF tag team champion Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart has died. He was 63 years old.

"It is with a sad heart, that I share with you the passing of a long time friend and colleague, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. Your thoughts and prayers for the family are appreciated!" posted Cauliflower Alley Club president Brian Blair -- who often competed in the Killer Bees tag team against Neidhart and Bret "Hitman" Hart as the Hart Foundation.

Neidhart was born February 8, 1955 in Tampa, Florida, and later attended Newport Harbor High School, cross country in Orange County, California. It was there that he excelled in athletics, especially track and field, setting the California high school record in shot put in 1973.

After high school, he pursued a football career, with tryouts and preseason games with the NFL's Oakland Raiders and Dallas Cowboys, but he was never a main roster player.

Turning his attention to becoming a professional wrestler, Neidhart went north to Calgary, and was one of the last to be primarily trained by the legendary Stu Hart.

In a 2015 interview with WWE.com, Bret Hart recalled Neidhart in Calgary, circa 1977-78.

"My dad was no spring chicken anymore, and I didn’t see anyone past Neidhart that he put the time into. He completely trained Jim on his own. Jim was my dad's product. Jim was third in the world at shot put. He was training to get signed by the [Oakland] Raiders and was referred to my dad from somebody at the gym. He called directory assistance, found my dad and asked him to teach him to wrestle. He listed all of his accomplishments and my dad asked him to come up to Calgary.

"He was a big, strong kid. He had a bench press close to 600 pounds. He was super-strong and really quick. He left Calgary after my dad taught him and got signed by the Raiders. He came back to train with my dad [after] he was injured. Then he was with the Cowboys and got cut. He was the last cut the year the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in '78."

After starting out in Calgary's Stampede Wrestling, Neidhart took to the territories, wrestling in many places, including Mid-South, where promoter Bill Watts liked his football background. He also was a champion in Florida and Memphis.

However, it was in the expanding WWF of 1985 that Neidhart gained great fame, creating one of the best tag teams of the decade alongside Bret Hart, managed by Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart (who was no relation to the extended Hart clan). The Hart Foundation were WWF tag team champions on two occasions.

Neidhart was the father of WWE star Natalya, and father-in-law to retired WWE star Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson), who is now a WWE producer. In recent years, he was often seen on the E! reality show Total Divas alongside his one daughter. He has two other daughters, Jennifer, Kristen who is known as "Muffy."

He was married to Ellie Hart, one of the 12 children of Stu and Helen Hart, making the extended Hart family related to him through marriage, including brother-in-law Bret Hart, and active wrestling stars nephews Harry "British Bulldog Jr." Smith and Teddy Hart.
    Brian Blair and Slam reporting Neidhart has passed away at the age of 63. One of the best Tag Team Wrestlers and talkers in the business rip good sir.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Status
      Country                    Marshall Islands

Re: Jim Neidhart Passes Away

Whoa...

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    God damn.

That really sucks. RIP Anvil.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Yeah it's saddening to see that Picture and see Bret is the last alive of the group.

Real Women of Genius

Status

RIP Anvil

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Wow...

Always have been a fan of Anvil so I'm incredibly bummed to hear this...

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Sad news to come home from work to. Always appreciated Anvil's unique ways, and always wanted to grow that big ginger Anvil bear but never got around to it haha.

Thoughts to all the family at this sad time.

RIP Jim.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Internet Favorite

Status

Shocking news. Bret confirmed this on fb. He’s now the only one left from the Hart Foundation. Enjoyed watching Jim the Anvil Neidhart. He was a legend. The Hart Foundation was my fave tag team growing up. My condolences to Natalya and her family. RIP Jim, thanks for the memories.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name
    Very sobering pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaro
    Shocking news. Bret confirmed this on fb. He’s now the only one left from the Hart Foundation. Enjoyed watching Jim the Anvil Neidhart. He was a legend. The Hart Foundation was my fave tag team growing up. My condolences to Natalya and her family. RIP Jim, thanks for the memories.

Ace gif in your sig!

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

that pic says it all shame jim seem to be a loving family man may he rip

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

That picture is desperately sad. Bret's had to watch his brothers and closest friends go too soon.

It's being reported he died after hitting his head in a fall. I believe Jim had alzheimers which might of contributed to this. I've not dived deep into his stuff, but whenever I've checked out the Hart Foundation tags, they've been good, especially Summerslam 1990. RIP.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    That picture is desperately sad. Bret's had to watch his brothers and closest friends go too soon.

It's being reported he died after hitting his head in a fall. I believe Jim had alzheimers which might of contributed to this. I've not dived deep into his stuff, but whenever I've checked out the Hart Foundation tags, they've been good, especially Summerslam 1990. RIP.
    Wow he fell and no one was there to help him that is something I fear about my older family members. If Jim had Alzheimers he never showed it because he was so full of life and energetic at least when I so him on Total Divas.

Real Women of Genius

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Such a shame that an accident has caused this.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Such a shame that an accident has caused this.
    Just like Dusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status

I was reading a write up on his career by John Pollock of Post Wrestling. Really sad seeing how many times he was in and out of the WWE. I've always heard on podcasts that Stu Hart always would get him back in the WWE by asking Vince if he'd take the big Rino back. Happy that he got that run with the Hart Foundation in 1997. Guy had a lot of talent, and it must have been so awesome seeing his daughter achieve such success. Even with all this issues deep down I'm sure he was so proud of her. RIP.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

As others have said, very sad news. I always find it harder to deal with it when it's a wrestler that I watched growing up. RIP to 'The Anvil', truly underrated performer that leaves a long lasting legacy in this business, and above all else, praying for his family at a time like this.

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Very unfortunate tragedy for Neidhart. It really sucks to see Bret has the last remaining member of The Hart Foundation.

RIP Anvil

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

God Mode

Status

Seems it's been confirmed that he passed away due to injuries sustained during the fall.

He was on medications for seizures, and is believed to have suffered from one, which caused him to fall and hit his head on the wall. =\
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

The Machine

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

RIP to the anvil with the great laugh and powerful body used love it when I was a kid and the hart foundation would come on there finisher where one them would hold the there opponent and come crashing off the second turn buckle , I used to off my bed with my mates as kid a few times we ended up in hospital with split lips and my mate broke my other mates ankle in the sharpshooter lol

U could tell Natalya was a true friend to Ronda and she had been crying , was gutted , still am, how did he die ?

Peace y'all.
    Favorite WWF Wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Undertaker, HBK, Triple H , Rey Mysterio , Eddie Guerrero , Kane .

Favorite British Wrestlers: Davey Boy Smith Snr, Doug Williams, William Regal, Spud/ Drake Maverick, Will Ospreay, Drew McIntyre, Nick Aldis , Marty Scurll , Rampage Brown .

Favorite Active Wrestlers: Brian Cage, Charlotte Flair , Pentagon Jr , Ronda Rousey , Ricochet, Becky Lynch , Kenny Omega , Taya Valkyrie, Rey Fenix , Liv Morgan.

JOIN PWA TODAY !

Thread Information