Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

Full story in link below but basically Punk told Colt ages ago he'd 100% cover Colt's legal fees and like the scumbag he is went back on his word:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/co...-fees-lawsuit/

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

Punk has failed to keep that promise, leaving him with unpaid legal bills totaling $513,736, according to the lawsuit.
    God fucking damn.

I'm really not on anyone's side in the Punk/Amann case, but I do feel a little bit sad to see what's always seemed like a close friendship broken up over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

Punk's an absolute prick to everyone who questions him. He failed to help his best friend out like he promised and I can't blame Colt Cabana for suing Punk.

Fuck Punk! I couldn't believe I've cheered for the guy for those years. I'd wish I would take it all back. Karma will bite him, just watch!

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Doom View Post
    Punk's an absolute prick to everyone who questions him. He failed to help his best friend out like he promised and I can't blame Colt Cabana for suing Punk.

Fuck Punk! I couldn't believe I've cheered for the guy for those years. I'd wish I would take it all back. Karma will bite him, just watch!
    And he never once paid for drugs.

Not once.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    And he never once paid for drugs.

Not once.
    I get the sarcasm, but when you make somebody a promise to someone, you stick to it. Punk didn't do that and left his former best friend high and dry. That tells you what kind of a person Punk is to everyone. How's that 0-2 record in UFC going for you Punky Brewster? You can't back that up.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Doom View Post
    How's that 0-2 record in UFC going for you Punky Brewster? You can't back that up.
    Considering the amount of crazy money he's making despite his lack of experience, I'd say he's doing damn well.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Considering the amount of crazy money he's making despite his lack of experience, I'd say he's doing damn well.
    A quick Google search tells me he made around $500k per fight, so if Cabana successfully sues for the million he's asking for then it's like his UFC career was entirely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

CM Punk is a douche, what else is new? Sad but true. If he agreed to doing what Colt said, then he is totally in the wrong and a terrible person for doing such.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

So it’s a work and we get Punk/Cabana at All In 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    A quick Google search tells me he made around $500k per fight, so if Cabana successfully sues for the million he's asking for then it's like his UFC career was entirely worthless.
    Not necessarily. Even if Cabana is fully successful, which I'm doubtful on the 1 million damages claim, all Punk has ever really said about the UFC is that he wanted to try it out. Even if Punk loses all of his pay from UFC, it doesn't take remove his experiences.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

So let me get this straight.....Colt Cabana is expecting a court of law to take his word that CM Punk made him a verbal promise to pay ALL the cost of the legal fees that they both benefited from?

I honestly don't see what is so bad about him wanting him to pay for half the legal fees since they were both named in the case.

From what I read in that link I am totally on CM Punks side on this.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

This seems to me like Punk and Cabana not understanding how much it would be when they went to Court vs Chris Amann. They probably thought the Fees would be not that high, but Cabana thinking well my buddy got my back I'll be fine either way because he said I'm good. I've given out a good amount of money to family and friends over the years including a sum of three grand a few years back and that money was never paid back. You would think with family and friends they would be responsible to do so, but shit gets real when it involves money and times get tight.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Probably won't go anywhere, but it's just another case of Phil Brooks being about as good of a human being as he us a UFC fighter.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    So let me get this straight.....Colt Cabana is expecting a court of law to take his word that CM Punk made him a verbal promise to pay ALL the cost of the legal fees that they both benefited from?

I honestly don't see what is so bad about him wanting him to pay for half the legal fees since they were both named in the case.

From what I read in that link I am totally on CM Punks side on this.
    You didn't read the part that said Punk texted him and said hed be 100% covered?
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    You didn't read the part that said Punk texted him and said hed be 100% covered?
    I missed the part where a text was a legally binding document.

Just because you tell someone you will pay for something doesn't mean you are obligated to do it.

As stated by someone else previously shit was probably way more expensive than he thought and they were both getting sued so he isn't obligated to foot the whole bill.

God's Gift to God

Status

I missed the part where a text was a legally binding document.

Just because you tell someone you will pay for something doesn't mean you are obligated to do it.

As stated by someone else previously shit was probably way more expensive than he thought and they were both getting sued so he isn't obligated to foot the whole bill.
    Both of those things are untrue.

Texts are considered legally binding contracts and verbal agreements are still held up in a court of law.

So if Cabana has texts where Punk tells him he'll cover his costs and Punk is subpoenaed for his texts to corroborate then he'll absolutely have to pay Cabana. I don't know it'll be a million but this probably gets settled out of court with Cabana walking away with the legal fees he wants and thensome.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Both of those things are untrue.

Texts are considered legally binding contracts and verbal agreements are still held up in a court of law.

So if Cabana has texts where Punk tells him he'll cover his costs and Punk is subpoenaed for his texts to corroborate then he'll absolutely have to pay Cabana. I don't know it'll be a million but this probably gets settled out of court with Cabana walking away with the legal fees he wants and thensome.
    That is not true at all

Maybe in small claims court or some shit they would take texts into consideration but this ain't Judge Judy.

God's Gift to God

Status

That is not true at all

Maybe in small claims court or some shit they would take texts into consideration but this ain't Judge Judy.
    Feel free to research it.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Feel free to research it.
    In some instances text can be subpoenaed and used in court.

If this was a case of borrowing money to be paid back, and agreement to pay half of the cost of a trip, etc...that would be relevant.

Making someone foot the cost of a legal bill in which they were both being sued and benefited from?

No. That won't hold in court.

God's Gift to God

Status

In some instances text can be subpoenaed and used in court.

If this was a case of borrowing money to be paid back, and agreement to pay half of the cost of a trip, etc...that would be relevant.

Making someone foot the cost of a legal bill in which they were both being sued and benefited from?

No. That won't hold in court.
    They can be used in many cases provided they are relevant to the circumstance. Without knowing the full details, just from looking at the article and the general inference that Cabana's lawyer feels they have the case, then there was probably some from of agreement reached. If within the exchange Cabana offers "considerations" and Punk offers to pay the legal fees then yes it is binding.

If this is literally just a text from Punk saying he's going to pay then Cabana will probably have to argue that he suffered some form of loss. And I think it's very possible (and likely) that Cabana will argue he only incurred the fees BECAUSE of Punk. And I feel like I've read Punk openly state that this is his fault. And said something to the effect of, "Come after me. Not Scott."

So, yeah. I think Punk will absolutely settle this out of court but Cabana would certainly get some serious cash out of this.

Thread Information