Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

  1. #21
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    21,035
    Rep Power
    230348
      Country                    United States

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    They can be used in many cases provided they are relevant to the circumstance. Without knowing the full details, just from looking at the article and the general inference that Cabana's lawyer feels they have the case, then there was probably some from of agreement reached. If within the exchange Cabana offers "considerations" and Punk offers to pay the legal fees then yes it is binding.

    If this is literally just a text from Punk saying he's going to pay then Cabana will probably have to argue that he suffered some form of loss. And I think it's very possible (and likely) that Cabana will argue he only incurred the fees BECAUSE of Punk. And I feel like I've read Punk openly state that this is his fault. And said something to the effect of, "Come after me. Not Scott."

    So, yeah. I think Punk will absolutely settle this out of court but Cabana would certainly get some serious cash out of this.
    If they were both being sued I don't see how he could argue he only incurred the fees BECAUSE of Punk.

    They got sued for talking shit about the WWE.

    Punk didn't make Cabana do that. Cabana is an adult and he did that on his own.

    Good luck proving that it was all Punks fault, that he should pay ALL of the legal fees (even though they both benefited from them), and the ridiculous notion that he suffered some loss from it.

    Punk may settle out of court just to keep it from getting that far but I feel confident Cabana would have no leg to stand on with this weak ass case.

    Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

  2. #22
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,275
    Rep Power
    191766

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    I missed the part where a text was a legally binding document.

    Just because you tell someone you will pay for something doesn't mean you are obligated to do it.

    As stated by someone else previously shit was probably way more expensive than he thought and they were both getting sued so he isn't obligated to foot the whole bill.
    LOL i wasn't even pointing that out.

    But i was pointing out that you didn't read it and tried to say what judge will take Colts word when in fact it was actually texted.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

  3. #23
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    21,035
    Rep Power
    230348
      Country                    United States

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    LOL i wasn't even pointing that out.

    But i was pointing out that you didn't read it and tried to say what judge will take Colts word when in fact it was actually texted.
    I did read it but by the time I actually wrote a post about it I had forgotten that detail.

    It is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things anyway.

    Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

  4. #24
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,275
    Rep Power
    191766

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    I did read it but by the time I actually wrote a post about it I had forgotten that detail.

    It is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things anyway.
    lol sure sure Dak
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

  5. #25
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,574
    Rep Power
    367625
      Country                    England

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    People quick to jump to the "Punk's a scumbag" routine without knowing anything beyond what's been reported. Who knows what happened privately behind the scenes between those two that we're unaware of. Remembering that Punk helped Joey Mercury out a ton financially when he needed it, do you not think something would have happened to cause Punk to go back on his word to a friend so abruptly?

    Like Marketh, I'm more sad to see a friendship go this way more than anything.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk






  6. #26
    Brick Shithouse
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    19,702
    Rep Power
    667444

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    It does seem out of character for Punk considering others have said how fiercely loyal he is to his friends.

    I also agree that someone just saying they would pay legal bills isn't going to hold up in court. Not for $500k. Punk will probably settle though.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shock; 08-10-2018 at 03:04 AM.

  7. #27
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    1,880
    Rep Power
    118166
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    I don't know how anyone can not feel sorry for Colt at this point. All he wanted to do was let his friend tell his story and for four years it's been ruining his life

    ....Also he held his wrestling promoter boss to this high standard of a vague promise, but he can't keep his word to his friends?
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  8. #28
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    21,035
    Rep Power
    230348
      Country                    United States

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    I don't know how anyone can not feel sorry for Colt at this point. All he wanted to do was let his friend tell his story and for four years it's been ruining his life
    lol don't pretend he didn't have more in mind than that

    He gave Punk a platform to tell his side of the story.....to which MANY people listened (which benefited Colt).

    He didn't have to do that and he knew there could be consequences.

    Not only did Punk shit talk WWE, Colt did as well. That is what got them both sued.

    Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

  9. #29

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    People quick to jump to the "Punk's a scumbag" routine without knowing anything beyond what's been reported. Who knows what happened privately behind the scenes between those two that we're unaware of. Remembering that Punk helped Joey Mercury out a ton financially when he needed it, do you not think something would have happened to cause Punk to go back on his word to a friend so abruptly?

    Like Marketh, I'm more sad to see a friendship go this way more than anything.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    This portion of the document seems very telling that there's more to the story than just Punk going back on his word:

    "Starting now I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half, and half will be yours. If you choose to make this all ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago."
    Whatever is going on, regardless of whether Punk or Cabana is the one that is the true asshole in the situation, it seems as if Punk refusing to pay for Cabana's bills was the culmination of something, not the start of an issue.

  10. #30
    God's Gift to God
    Coxatron's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Amongst the Waves
    Posts
    17,547
    Rep Power
    445657

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This portion of the document seems very telling that there's more to the story than just Punk going back on his word:



    Whatever is going on, regardless of whether Punk or Cabana is the one that is the true asshole in the situation, it seems as if Punk refusing to pay for Cabana's bills was the culmination of something, not the start of an issue.
    I've been digging into this. Apparently they shared counsel for most of the proceedings and then Cabana ended up with his own counsel towards the resolution of the defamation trial.

    So whatever the disconnect is probably stems from that.


  11. #31

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I've been digging into this. Apparently they shared counsel for most of the proceedings and then Cabana ended up with his own counsel towards the resolution of the defamation trial.

    So whatever the disconnect is probably stems from that.
    Nah, click on the link in the opening post and there's a doc with a full timeline. The quote I posted in my last reply was from April 2016. Cabana only had to find new lawyers in March 2017.

  12. #32
    God's Gift to God
    Coxatron's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Amongst the Waves
    Posts
    17,547
    Rep Power
    445657

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Weird. What I read was more recent. Maybe they mentioned the timeline and I totally spaced on it.

    For this to becoming public everything had to be in motion a long time ago so that makes complete sense. I might be making it up but i SWEAR there was a punk interview or something fairly recent where he talked about taking care of Cabana and that it was on him. Maybe it was Helwani's interview with him before his last fight.

    I could be conflating two completely different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Nah, click on the link in the opening post and there's a doc with a full timeline. The quote I posted in my last reply was from April 2016. Cabana only had to find new lawyers in March 2017.


  13. #33
    GOAT
    TB12's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,426
    Rep Power
    228623
      Country                    United States

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    I feel like at this stage, Dak just goes into threads looking to disagree with people and try to look like he's an intellectual.

    Then he gets assaulted with facts disproving what he says and things tend to go south.

    Texts, instant messages, FB posts, etc have all been used in boatloads in court for the last few years, and it's become quite normal. I've even seen local cases in small town rural Maine involving such, and if you've missed the bigger ones on the news with AOL and Phone Companies getting subpoenoed to show messages...it's a thing.


    As far as Punk being an asshole...It goes way deeper than this. The guys been like this for years. I was a huge Punk fan in ROH, and loved his work. But I'll be the first to admit, the guys a world class prick who is one of the most self-centered people I can think of and honestly his behavior reminds me of someone with mild autism.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

    I am the storm.


  14. #34
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,299
    Rep Power
    52272
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Sad to see their friendship end like that.

    Is suing people taught in American schools? It seems like Americans sue each other over everything, while no one really sues anyone over here. Granted this seems like a situation that calls for it in a way as its all money related. At the same time one conversation a while back where Punk said he'd cover Colts fees can easily be forgotten during the whole process. It seems more like they had a falling out over something else.
    Last edited by ETE; 08-11-2018 at 05:13 AM.

    Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif


  15. #35
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    17,892
    Rep Power
    197354

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by TB12 View Post
    I feel like at this stage, Dak just goes into threads looking to disagree with people and try to look like he's an intellectual.

    Then he gets assaulted with facts disproving what he says and things tend to go south.
    Well he does live there, tbf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  16. #36
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    21,035
    Rep Power
    230348
      Country                    United States

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    I feel like at this point Vayne is just sad and cannot accept the fact that I have him on ignore and he is obsessed with me. I know you are frustrated that I will no longer debate you in the politics thread and let your friends gang up on me.

    I only saw what he posted because others quoted it.

    Get over it dude. No misinformation here nor was I "assaulted with facts" .

    You show me one written contractual obligation related court case in which upwards of a million dollars was awarded on the sole evidence of a text message agreement and I will concede the point and say you were right.

    Otherwise shut the hell up because you don't know shit about it.

    (And before some troll says "LOL THE CASE IS ONLY ABOUT $500 thousand" no, if you read the article Cabana is suing for $1.2 million.)

    Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

  17. #37
    God's Gift to God
    Coxatron's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Amongst the Waves
    Posts
    17,547
    Rep Power
    445657

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Maybe you guys should sue each other.


  18. #38
    #GrimLove
    Yuri's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Literature Club
    Posts
    6,265
    Rep Power
    342836
      Country                    Japan

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Dak's one of those people who come in try to be contrarian for no other reason than to just one. Look no further than the Politics thread.


    Then again, I have a hard time taking people who don't believe other certain people exist, seriously.

    Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game


    Grim's Threads:



    Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

  19. #39
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    21,035
    Rep Power
    230348
      Country                    United States

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    Dak's one of those people who come in try to be contrarian for no other reason than to just one. Look no further than the Politics thread.
    I was offering my opinion. That is kind of what threads are created for. Generate discussion you know. I know you don't like people to have a different opinion to you but the world would be a pretty dull place if everyone agreed on everything but that is the liberal utopia you have in mind. Silence the people who don't agree with you by any means necessary.

    You and Vayne are the ones who came into this thread and took it completely off topic because you have a problem with me.

    Get over it man. Get. Over. It.

    Pretend I don't exist.

    Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

  20. #40
    #GrimLove
    Yuri's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Literature Club
    Posts
    6,265
    Rep Power
    342836
      Country                    Japan

    Re: Colt Cabana Sues CM Punk

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    I was offering my opinion. That is kind of what threads are created for. Generate discussion you know. I know you don't like people to have a different opinion to you but the world would be a pretty dull place if everyone agreed on everything but that is the liberal utopia you have in mind. Silence the people who don't agree with you by any means necessary.

    You and Vayne are the ones who came into this thread and took it completely off topic because you have a problem with me.

    Get over it man. Get. Over. It.

    Pretend I don't exist.
    Vayne never took it off topic. He has pointed that yes, in fact, texts have been used in court cases and can still be used as binding contracts in the court of law.

    But whatever you say, Jas.

    Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game


    Grim's Threads:



    Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •