Thread: DC: TITANS

BRAUUUUUUN

Status
      Country                    United States

DC: TITANS

April 8th, 2017
    DC Comics sent shockwaves through their fanbase, as one of their most beloved series was given an announcement of great magnitude. Teen Titans, one of their long running series as well as one of the best selling superhero comics in the world at its’ peak, has been announced that it will be receiving a live action version of the heroes called, “TITANS”. It has been made clear that while characters may intertwine from their original 2003 cartoon, that it will be a different story and take place in a different timeline. They have made it clear that the current running, Teen Titans Go! series has no connection to the series, and that this will cater to a more mature audience, although an official rating for the show has yet to be given.

They have confirmed that the five main heroes from the cartoon will be appearing, but not to expect them to necessarily be the same way they are remembered. Fans are wildly speculating on what this could mean for the series, when this will air (or even what channel for that matter), but perhaps the most common reaction is to be fantasy casting the roles to what they see fit. It is currently unknown when we will learn the cast or when it will air, but it has been confirmed that they will begin to film in early 2018, with a release date planned for Summer of that year. What is in store for the Titans future? Only time will tell…

June 17th, 2017
    In a follow up from DC’s announcement of TITANS about two months ago, we now have had more details released regarding the series. The show is set to air on TNT at 8 pm, and will be airing on Thursday nights. Many are speculating that this channel and time slot could lead to a much grittier and darker iteration of the Titans, more than seen before. Not only this, but it seems to be the official continuation of the 2014 order for a pilot that never came to fruition at the time. Many had believed that TITANS would be exclusive to the DC Streaming Service that they had recently opened, but what has been made clear is that it will be available for streaming 24 hours after the official airing on TNT. Many believe this is a way to get around having it stuck in one place where it would have a harder time attracting new audiences, while being able to hook in those who either do not get TNT in their television package, or those who simply are big fans of either DC as a whole or TITANS specifically and would like to watch it back on demand.

Also spoken about by the fan base is the fact that the name “Teen” has been dropped from the title, which went under the radar originally. Many believe it now makes more sense with it being a more serious take on the series, and that they may have the cast be adults in the show. The rating of the show was released as PG-13, which many are already setting up betting polls on who gets the honor of throwing out their one F Bomb. However, jokes aside, this could theoretically already be a big change in the set up of the show's structure. With them being adults, one would have to imagine that to an extent they would have their own careers? Assuming everybody is still in Jump City when it airs, they would have to be able to make a living. That possibility (the TITANS existing as the show starts) is one also being conspired about, as Star Fire is added into the group in the first episode of the cartoon. One would have to imagine that this could follow suit, despite them not being directly in the same timeline.

Keeping in mind that it is not a direct continuation of the cartoon, it has also been announced that the show is scheduled to run for 13 episodes on it’s first run. There are other clauses in the contract with the possibility of cancellation after the fourth episode airs, while they could be renewed for up to 2 more seasons at any time. What many have realized is that the cartoon also held 13 episode seasons, and with the time frame and day announced, it is a possibility that they could mirror the original release in modern times, as it would be plausible that the series could launch on the same premiere date of the original cartoon, allowing for an almost exact replica of it's original release in order to bring more nostalgia to those who will be carrying over as fans. Whether that’s followed up on or not is yet to be seen, but for now we wait with baited breath to hear about the casting of the show.

Authors Note: Hello, Non-Wrestling Section! I've been sitting on an idea similar to this for over a year, and with the real life announcements happening, I figured this would be an even better starting point. I have a vague idea for what I want, but I feel like I will be able to bring some really fun stuff into this Universe. I'll be the first to admit I'm still learning about all of DC's continuity, but I am doing my best in order to keep it as true as possible (apparently continuity is hard for DC so there are multiple universes all at once). I hope you enjoy, as I think this is going to be a lot of fun to do. Shout out to Shade's Marvel BTB by the way, because I used his layout and style to help myself brainstorm how I want to present this. I hope you all enjoy what I have in store!
    We're just some grizzled, young vets...

BRAUUUUUUN

Status

Re: DC: TITANS

Reserve 1
    We're just some grizzled, young vets...

BRAUUUUUUN

Status

Re: DC: TITANS

Reserve another