Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE2K19

t h e o g

Status
      Country                    Canada

WWE WWE2K19

Sorry if there is a thread for this already. Saw the wish list one ,but not an official thread since the announcement of the game.

Anyway.

First official screenshot, WWE Champion AJ Styles. Updated hair and attire. Nothing special, last weeks announcement of the new Towers Mode was a lot more exciting. Always pour a massive amount of time into these games, usually in universe mode, so I'm looking forward to some new gameplay when they get around to releasing some new footage.

Last edited by ranthellacious; 08-07-2018 at 12:19 PM.

t h e o g

Status

Re: WWE2K19

Showcase Mode returns this year. First announced one is playing through Daniel Bryan's career. We got a few new screenshots...but only one NEEDED to be posted.

Last edited by ranthellacious; 08-14-2018 at 10:37 AM.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I always buy these games and sadly despite all the cool stuff and the stacked roster I've always felt a little letdown with the last couple of games. I don't play Career Mode so I'm usually putting my time into the Universe Mode where I am too hoping there are some new features.

I was hoping this year we would get GM Mode & "Create a Story" back as I enjoyed making my own and playing other peoples. I was also hoping that either Road to WrestleMania or Showcase Mode would return so I'm happy about that and D-Bryan is a good choice!

Hopefully some more new features and cool announcements to come!

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Not bothered getting the game the past couple of years, won't again this year as there's not enough to interest me enough to spend the silly money on it that games are these days.
    I have a plan so cunning......

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I could see getting this when it's 60%+ off. By that time the price will be close to justified and there will be plenty of Community Creations to sift through. But no sooner, fuck this dilapidated franchise.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Agreed that the franchise has been struggling for awhile now, but I still can't help but buy the game every year anyway in hope. I'm sure I'll do the same this year.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

If only they would bring back GM Mode, this game would be fire.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    If only they would bring back GM Mode, this game would be fire.
    I don't think it's a mode or a bigger roster or more additions that the game needs. It just needs more work on the actual gameplay. Less clunky movements, and a system that doesn't make it feel like you are doing the same move thirty times a match.

Status

I would love a GM mode like SVR 2007 as well as different gameplay that allows you to do more moves in more situations. Don't think this game will give us either.

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

COMING EVENTUALLY- THE TOP 25 MATCHES of CM PUNK'S CAREER

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    I don't think it's a mode or a bigger roster or more additions that the game needs. It just needs more work on the actual gameplay. Less clunky movements, and a system that doesn't make it feel like you are doing the same move thirty times a match.
    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I would love a GM mode like SVR 2007 as well as different gameplay that allows you to do more moves in more situations. Don't think this game will give us either.
    Considering how popular BTBs and TEW are I'd say GM Mode would be mad popular if it returned. I'd take features from Universe Mode and add it to GM Mode for a more immerse experience.

As for game play, there's always room for improvement. That said, I'm OK with it for the most part. Any time I've tried a different wrestling game not made by THQ/Yukes/2K it's been awful, so I don't complain too much about the 2K series.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Story Designer was my shit. It was the thing that brought me to WC originally. Had a decent following on Xbox 360 with 'The New Era of Wrestling' by stevo22. But alas, they opted to get rid of it in exchange for a dopey 'Universe mode' that is underwhelming as shit.

Sorry to be so negative on this subject, but I've long maintained that the leap in gameplay evolution between games like SNES wrestling games and N64 wrestling games was vast, but the leap between the past few gaming generations' wrestling games has been minuscule-by-design. And it fucking sucks.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

I'm fine with the game play for the most part. I'd make a couple of changes like stuff with the Cage Matches, I find the computer is always trying to escape to soon and that kind of thing grinds me when I'm trying to put together a good match. I'd also like to see an option where you can have a Heel/Face entrance for each character, just small stuff like that but nothing too serious that would be stop me buying if nothing changed in the game play.

It's the lack of Modes and how dull Universe Mode becomes that annoys me. I'm all for Showcase returning and I'd love to get a GM/Universe Mode combo and as I mentioned above, I'd also like Create a Story to return. One thing I don't understand with 2K, anything they had previously that worked, they should keep and then build on. Instead they seem to scale back a few things to bring a new idea. It's like 1 step forward and 2 steps back thinking.

Also, more match options would be a blessing! Multi-man tag team matches and that kind of thing. Bring back the Casket Match, Maybe have a buried alive match and so on.. More weapons for the extreme rules. I guess I want more game play additions then I thought Haha!

t h e o g

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    I'm fine with the game play for the most part. I'd make a couple of changes like stuff with the Cage Matches, I find the computer is always trying to escape to soon and that kind of thing grinds me when I'm trying to put together a good match. I'd also like to see an option where you can have a Heel/Face entrance for each character, just small stuff like that but nothing too serious that would be stop me buying if nothing changed in the game play.

It's the lack of Modes and how dull Universe Mode becomes that annoys me. I'm all for Showcase returning and I'd love to get a GM/Universe Mode combo and as I mentioned above, I'd also like Create a Story to return. One thing I don't understand with 2K, anything they had previously that worked, they should keep and then build on. Instead they seem to scale back a few things to bring a new idea. It's like 1 step forward and 2 steps back thinking.

Also, more match options would be a blessing! Multi-man tag team matches and that kind of thing. Bring back the Casket Match, Maybe have a buried alive match and so on.. More weapons for the extreme rules. I guess I want more game play additions then I thought Haha!
    A combination of GM Mode / Universe Mode would be cool, would add a more challenging element to it.

The different entrances for heel or face would be cool too.

As for match options. There was a ton of multi man matches last year haha, plus the customize a match thing, you could have tag team last man standing! Buried Alive I'm not too pissed about, when was the last one in real life, 8 years ago? They've moved away from that stuff so if they wanna keep it realistic, I get leaving it out.

And weapons! I'm a singapore cane kinda guy, as long as they keep that in there, plus the ability to smash someone with the championship whenever I wanna get the jump on my opponent during a ultra heel championship defense, I'm a happy guy!

"Above Average"

Status

I'm probably extremely weird, but in a way, I kinda consider what I do to be my own personal GM Mode. I play matches on two player, by myself. I book shows on Universe Mode and play through them, incorporate all the spots I want, and have all the finishes I want. It's actually a lot of fun to me. I just hope they can bring back being able to choose specific types of rivalries, not just plain rivalries. Give it a little flavor. Let some guys fight over a girl. Let someone take out a legend. Etc.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    A combination of GM Mode / Universe Mode would be cool, would add a more challenging element to it.

The different entrances for heel or face would be cool too.

As for match options. There was a ton of multi man matches last year haha, plus the customize a match thing, you could have tag team last man standing! Buried Alive I'm not too pissed about, when was the last one in real life, 8 years ago? They've moved away from that stuff so if they wanna keep it realistic, I get leaving it out.

And weapons! I'm a singapore cane kinda guy, as long as they keep that in there, plus the ability to smash someone with the championship whenever I wanna get the jump on my opponent during a ultra heel championship defense, I'm a happy guy!
    Yeah definitely!

But they didn't have many options for tag team multi-man matches, right? Tag team vs tag team, I think that was it. I'd maybe like to see the option to have a couple of teams in the ring especially as shown with the Rumble now the frame rate can handle a few people in the ring at the same time. Also like the Handicap matches, no option for a 3 on 2 I believe and that's probably one of the most common.

Yeah fair points on like the Buried Alive match and stuff. Just examples. More options are always better and plus people buy the game to relieve those days too, I guess. So if you're doing an older Universe well those matches were a big part and frequent to a degree.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    I'm probably extremely weird, but in a way, I kinda consider what I do to be my own personal GM Mode. I play matches on two player, by myself. I book shows on Universe Mode and play through them, incorporate all the spots I want, and have all the finishes I want. It's actually a lot of fun to me. I just hope they can bring back being able to choose specific types of rivalries, not just plain rivalries. Give it a little flavor. Let some guys fight over a girl. Let someone take out a legend. Etc.
    Unfortunately, while I kinda do that, too. You don't "know" which brand is doing "better." I'd like a real GM Mode with Universe elements added in to it.

t h e o g

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    I play matches on two player, by myself. I book shows on Universe Mode and play through them, incorporate all the spots I want, and have all the finishes
    That's intense. I play the same way, book the shows and play through them, never crossed my mind to play as both controllers and hit all the spots, not sure if it would be fun or not, but it's Definitley unique.

I do agree that they should add the option to choose the storyline for the rivalries though!!

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    Unfortunately, while I kinda do that, too. You don't "know" which brand is doing "better." I'd like a real GM Mode with Universe elements added in to it.
    It's fun for me because I get to control the company instead of a show. I enjoy playing through all the brands and having a bit of diversity, like having a heel champion on one and a babyface on the other. It's pretty easy to switch things up and make everything feel fresh.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Big head mode. Zombies. Gold AJ Styles.

What the hell is going on? Haha!

For my personal taste I always find 2K are one step forward and two steps backwards. Sigh.

Status

Is this one of those games that you pay for the game, then have to pay another 60+ to get all the extra content? I seem to remember it was previously.

Thread Information