Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 - August 18, 2019 - Card and Discussion

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

NXT Takeover Special NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 - August 18, 2019 - Card and Discussion

NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa vs Johnny Gargano - Last Man Standing Match

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Buckle up, because the most deeply personal rivalry in NXT history — NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano — is about to write a new chapter at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4.

What’s different this time around is that The Blackheart finds himself in the position of defending NXT Champion, and the bout will be contested under the most unforgiving circumstances imaginable: A Last Man Standing Match.

Ciampa had previously been scheduled to defend the title in Brooklyn in a Triple Threat Match against Gargano and former NXT Champion Aleister Black. Yet, with Black sustaining substantial injuries in an apparent parking lot attack on Aug. 8, less than two weeks before TakeOver, The Dutch Destroyer will not be able to compete at TakeOver. In turn, NXT General Manager William Regal announced Ciampa and Gargano’s Last Man Standing Match for the Aug. 18 WWE Network special event.

The Last Man Standing Match carries a high potential for danger and one barbaric objective: To incapacitate your opponent to the point that he cannot stand before the referee counts to 10. It’s almost impossible to fathom what type of brutality awaits in Brooklyn. Ciampa and Gargano have already battled twice at TakeOver this year: Gargano came out on top in their first encounter in an Unsanctioned Match at TakeOver: New Orleans, while Ciampa prevailed in their Chicago Street Fight rematch at TakeOver: Chicago II.

Which Superstar will claim the all-important rubber match and stand tall as the NXT Champion? Find out when NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 streams live Saturday, Aug. 18, at 7 ET/4 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

NXT Women's Champion Shanya Baszler vs Kairi Sane

Shayna Baszler has been nothing short of dominant since capturing the NXT Women’s Title in April, but on Saturday, Aug. 18, at TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 on WWE Network, the defiant champion will battle one of the few women to claim a pinfall victory over Baszler, Kairi Sane.

The Queen of Spades and The Pirate Princess first collided last summer in the Mae Young Classic Final, with Sane coming out on top to claim the prestigious trophy and her place in the history books as the inaugural Mae Young Classic winner. They clashed again in a rematch earlier this year. Baszler bested Sane that time around, using her suffocating Kirifuda Clutch to snuff out the spirited Superstar. Now, at NXT’s summertime spectacular, they meet again with the top prize of the NXT Women’s division on the line.

Even beyond the rubber-match intrigue, the match is a fascinating study of polar forces, both in terms of in-ring styles and personalities. Baszler is a coldblooded catch-wrestling devotee who overwhelms her competition with devastating submissions and debilitating strikes. She is as despised as she is arrogant, proclaiming that nobody in NXT stands a chance against her. In stark contrast, Sane is a highflying dynamo, a virtuous competitor between the ropes who’s beloved for her courage and affable charm.

Baszler rules the Women’s division with an iron fist, but can Sane repeat her success in the Mae Young Classic and wrest the title away from The Queen of Spades? Don’t miss this championship duel when NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 streams live Saturday, Aug. 18, at 7 ET/4 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network!

NXT Tag Team Champions Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain

After trading the NXT Tag Team Titles in two of the most incredible bouts the black-and-yellow brand has ever seen, reigning champions Undisputed ERA and challengers Moustache Mountain get set to make history again at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4.

Bastions of British Strong Style Tyler Bate & Trent Seven upended Roderick Strong & Kyle O’Reilly to win the tandem titles on their home turf in June at the NXT UK Championship special in London. Strong & O’Reilly didn’t wait long to invoke their rematch, and when the time came on the July 11 edition of WWE NXT, Undisputed ERA were at their vicious best. Strong & O’Reilly used surgical precision to attack Seven’s leg, and after suffering a prolonged onslaught, The Don was saved by Bate, who had no choice but to throw in the towel and protect his teammate (even though it meant forfeiting the titles).

Seven now claims to be back at full health, and he and Bate have one objective in mind: regaining the prestigious NXT Tag Team Championship. Undisputed ERA don’t appear too worried, at least not yet, with Strong & O’Reilly proclaiming that the devastation that befell Seven on July 11 isn’t anything compared to what they have in store for him at TakeOver.

Can Moustache Mountain bounce back and take the NXT Tag Team Titles by force? Or are Seven & Bate in for a rude awakening at the hands of the hard-hitting, back-breaking champions?

Don’t miss this title conflict when NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 streams live Saturday, Aug. 18, at 7 ET/4 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network!

NXT North American Champion Adam Cole vs Ricochet

Ricochet has taken umbrage with Adam Cole’s reign as NXT North American Champion in recent weeks, gunning for a title bout against the Undisputed ERA frontman and accusing The Panama City Playboy of ducking him. And at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4, the two emerging Superstars will finally collide with Cole’s coveted title up for the taking.

Ever since the North American Championship Ladder Match at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans in April, which saw Cole outlast Ricochet and four other Superstars to become the first-ever NXT North American Champion, NXT’s One and Only has been less than impressed with the Undisputed ERA leader’s methods and tactics, most notably Cole stealing a pin fall on Ricochet during a Six-Man Tag Team Match earlier this summer.

The acrobatic marvel finally dropped any remaining pretense and called the “cowardly” Cole out, challenging him for the NXT North American Title at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4. Brazen as ever, Cole responded by saying he would not “diminish” himself by giving Ricochet a title opportunity. However, when Ricochet doubled down on his claims of Cole being a coward, it was clear that the North American Champion’s blood was beginning to boil.

All these incidents prompted NXT General Manager William Regal to make it official and sign Cole vs. Ricochet with the title on the line in Brooklyn. Will Cole be able to shock the system yet again — at the site of his unforgettable NXT debut one year ago, no less — by putting down NXT’s One and Only? Or, will Ricochet get the sweetest type of vindication possible by not just defeating the Undisputed ERA kingpin, but also dethroning him for the NXT North American Championship?

Find out when two of NXT’s best square off in Barclays Center, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network, on Aug. 18 at 7 ET/4 PT.

EC3 vs Velveteen Dream

Two of NXT’s most outrageous personalities are headed for a collision course at TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 as EC3 will go one-on-one with Velveteen Dream, streaming live on WWE Network.

For The Top One Percent, the “human money-printing machine” who’s looking to rebrand NXT as “NX3,” the match provides the first opportunity since April to show the NXT Universe what he’s capable of on NXT’s biggest platform, TakeOver. For Dream, the marquee matchup presents another chance to dazzle the masses at NXT’s tentpole event; the outspoken Superstar has competed at each of the last four TakeOvers and, win or lose, arguably stole the show each time out.

Yet, EC3 and Dream’s beef is about more than simply wanting the spotlight in Brooklyn. Their animosity began at the NXT UK Championship special in London, where Velveteen Dream abandoned EC3 midway through their tag team match against Aleister Black & Ricochet, causing EC3 to suffer defeat at the hands of two of NXT’s best.

EC3 has regained plenty of momentum since then, not to mention the support of the NXT Universe, who routinely hold “NX3” signs in his honor. With the wind at this back, EC3 now looks to get even with Dream in Brooklyn. Can EC3 succeed and notch his first TakeOver victory since arriving to NXT? Or can the fiendishly skilled Dream put down his hard-hitting foe and show that he’s in a class of his own?

Watch EC3 and Velveteen Dream collide at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4, streaming live Saturday, Aug. 18, at 7 ET/4 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network!

Normally I'd prefer to wait until we have the NXT title match confirmed purely for posterity's sake but with four other matches set in stone I might as well get this thread up and update once the NXT title match is announced.

I'm also going to take this time to announce that NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 will be the subject of our next WC Roundtable. If anyone is interested in jumping on-board the roundtable discussion - preferred amount is four, maximum is five - then let me know either in this thread or via messaging.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 08-10-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 - August 18, 2019 - Card and Discussion

People know what Match I'm hype for and it involves the NXT Women's Title. Baszler's Title run thus far has been okay, but I bet WWE was hoping for it to be the female version of Brock Lesnar. That big fight feel to it, but Shayna isn't good enough in the Ring to be given that goal when she's still early in her Wrestling career. WWE has been slowly building up Kairi as a top contender, and Brooklyn I feel will be the night the Pirate Princess will reign supreme.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

The Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain match looks pretty great. I loved their last match with each other as well as their UK show match. Both tremendous matches and I have very little doubt that this will be the same. Tough picking a winner because WWE is going through with the UK division and they will want Moustache Mountain for that show but they could also want them to have the titles to give NXT UK that big starting off push. I think I'm going with Undisputed Era to win the match.

Shayna Baszler vs Kairi Sane looks good. Loved their previous matches so I expect the same here. With it being Brooklyn and how this feud has played out since last year, I can easily see them giving Kairi the nod and she wins the NXT Womens Title.

Adam Cole vs Ricochet/EC3 vs Dream doesn't really sounds all that great to me. I'm sure they will be fine but can't say I'm looking forward to seeing these matches specifically. Cole to retain the NA title.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

The tag title match is exactly what I was hoping it would be. I think there would be grounds for giving the match a stipulation after a long rivalry between BSS and TUE, but it'll be great all the same if they don't.

It feels like the first Shayna match where there's a strong chance she can drop the title, which naturally increases my interest in the match. I'm worried for Kairi if they pass her by again.

My interest in Cole/Ricochet and Dream/EC3 is non-existent, but I'm not really watching NXT TV to get sucked into what is going on there. Dream and EC3 are good characters so they should be able to put on something fun at least.

The injury to Aleister Black at a house show last week really worries me with what the main event is going to end up being.

fka OldSkoolWarrior

Status
      Country                    United States

With Black hurt and possibly out depending on how well and quickly he heals, I don't mind the idea of having a Ciampa/Gargano match for the title! Hell, even if Black is 75% healed, they could have a triple threat between them so that the majority of the work can be done by the former DIY guys.

WAKE UP

Status

On the same page as Ed - tag titles and womens title matches should be really good. EC3 vs Dream should be fun.

Cole vs Ricochet sounds like the worst possible PWG main event infecting NXT - ugh

Enjoyed the last 2 Ciampa-Gargano matches but feel like the fued should be done now, or atleast cooled off before more matches. I have no interest in Black but the 2 rivals and a champ formula could make an interesting match. Hopefully Ciampa retains. I imagine Black is getting a call up post-Summerslam?

Friendship King

Status

Card has been updated for the NXT Championship match as revealed below.

Status

So basically the same match again with a different name.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Ciampa takes a huge bump, breaks his neck, bites his tongue off due to a seizure. Gargano lightly pushes the referee out his way. Medics swarm the referee while Gargano proceeds to Superkick Party the back of Ciampa's head uninterrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Ciampa takes a huge bump, breaks his neck, bites his tongue off due to a seizure. Gargano lightly pushes the referee out his way. Medics swarm the referee while Gargano proceeds to Superkick Party the back of Ciampa's head uninterrupted.
    Ciampa wins via school boy

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

It's very unfortunate what happened to Aleister Black and I hope he has a full recover and he is able to come back without complications. As for the Gargano vs Ciampa match, I have no interest in the match. The stipulation, which is one of my least favourite stips ever, certainly doesn't help. I don't blame anyone for making this decision however. It is what it is I'm afraid.

The card currently looks very unappealing and with the previous TakeOver shows typically having only a few matches on the card, this looks to be the only match. Hopefully we get another match squeezed in to booster the show.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I disagree with the card looking poor in comparison to previous shows. The tag match was great on NXT a few weeks back and I have full faith they can repeat it. Shayna has actually been better than expected in the ring and i'm sure Kairi will bring her A Game. Dream/ECIII could be a very fun matchup, same with Cole/Ricochet. As for the ME it's such a shame that Black got injured because a triple threat would have been the perfect way to keep up Ciampa/Gargano while not making it fill diluted. A Last man standing match is fine but a bit too similar to the last few matches with seen from them. I'm sure it'll defo be a fun match but at this stage Ciampa retaining and moving onto another opponent would be a good move. Shame really as I thought crowning Gargano at Brooklyn IIII would have been perfect a few months back.

THE MAN

Status

Desperate stuff for Black because it's one thing for his title reign to be overshadowed by Gargano and Ciampa's feud, but then to drop the title and get injured before your big title rematch in the main event of Brooklyn is so unlucky. I think this would of been his first ever Takeover main event. What it leaves us with is the main event that I'm getting sick of seeing, and I think NXT recognise the fans are tiring of this which is why a triple threat was originally booked. Like MC 16, it is what it is, injury has screwed them over here but they are still responsible for dragging the feud out too long and being stubborn in telling this story. I just hope Gargano gets the win so it isn't stretched out anymore.

After recently watching the very good TV match between Shayna and Candice, I am really in the mood for Shayna Vs Kairi. Shayna is improving month to month and good matches are now going hand in hand with her great character work.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I don't know. At least with other cards there was matches that looked good. Dream really disappointed last TakeOver against Ricochet for me and I don't rate EC3. I don't see where the appeal is tbh. Past the build ofc. Cole vs Ricochet sounds awful but they haven't been in too many singles matches so it's likely they could have chemistry but looks like a bad match up on paper.

But yeah the women's match and the tag matches look good but that's 2 matches out of 5. That doesn't scream good show on paper to me.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Friendship King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    I'm also going to take this time to announce that NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 will be the subject of our next WC Roundtable. If anyone is interested in jumping on-board the roundtable discussion - preferred amount is four, maximum is five - then let me know either in this thread or via messaging.
    Update: With less than a week until Takeover, there's still some slots open on the Roundtable. Let me know if you'd like a space reserved for you.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Preshow time guys let's DO THIS!! ^This is me right now.

Real Women of Genius

Say My Name

Status

I bloody love Tyler Bate
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I bloody love Tyler Bate
    Big Strong boi. It's crazy how good he is as a talent and being young too man it's going to be one of the best Wrestlers to watch over the next decade.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

This has been excellent so far. Everyone knwos Bate is great but this is really highlighting Seven as the good wrestler he is.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    This has been excellent so far. Everyone knwos Bate is great but this is really highlighting Seven as the good wrestler he is.
    Facts. I love that Apollo/Rocky moment like from Rocky 4 THROW THE DAMN TOWEL..and Seven trusts his best friend to get outta the hold that was awesome.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information