Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 - August 18, 2019 - Card and Discussion

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 - August 18, 2019 - Card and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Cole vs Ricochet was what I expected - blehhhhh. It was a more reigned in match than they'd have in PWG or wherever but still the weakest match on the show. Cole's only redeeming feature is that he's willing to take big bumps on occasion (I did like the ending sequence a lot), otherwise he is this generation's Edge and I mean that in the least flattering way. I can see Ricochet developing into a really good worker if he stays long enough in NXT - he has a great look, natural physical charisma, and all the physical tools.
    What exactly do you mean by this?

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Cole vs Ricochet was what I expected - blehhhhh. It was a more reigned in match than they'd have in PWG or wherever but still the weakest match on the show. Cole's only redeeming feature is that he's willing to take big bumps on occasion (I did like the ending sequence a lot), otherwise he is this generation's Edge and I mean that in the least flattering way. I can see Ricochet developing into a really good worker if he stays long enough in NXT - he has a great look, natural physical charisma, and all the physical tools.
    What exactly do you mean by this?

WAKE UP

Status

an incredibly mediore wrestler, bad looking offence, not particularly skilled, over-pushed way beyond his ability (Edge was a draw atleast), popular largely down to be 'edge-y' and vaguely charismatic even though the charisma never translates in the ring, contributes the least in any multi-man match he's a part of, etc.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I can totally understand the similarities between him and Edge (and I quite liked Edge). Cole is a pretty solid hand. He's not a bad wrestler by any sense of the word but he has this natural charisma about him that seems to make people think he's a better wrestler than he actually is. He'll always provide a solid match and a solid promo at the very least.

Seeing some hate for Ciampa/Gargano makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. It feels like Christmas when you're a kid again.

WAKE UP

Status

i would have thought you'd like their matches for some reason

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Seeing some hate for Ciampa/Gargano makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. It feels like Christmas when you're a kid again.
    You're on for your lowest ever rating for a Takeover match here I think.

WAKE UP

Status

Jim did you like Gargano and Ciampa on the indies? I would find it strange to like them more pre-WWE than now, but hey, to each their own

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I cannot wait for that review. There's going to be so much Jim hate for that match.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Ehh, that's going to be pretty difficult task for this latest Ciampa/Gargano match. It looks like my lowest rated match in TakeOver history was Kalisto and El Local (* - TakeOver). Considering their Chicago II match was my lowest rated TakeOver main event, it's a far safer bet that this new match could once again break the record for lowest rated TakeOver main event.

Jim did you like Gargano and Ciampa on the indies? I would find it strange to like them more pre-WWE than now, but hey, to each their own
    I've never liked Gargano. I've liked Ciampa during periods of his time on the indies especially around 2014.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Absolutely phenomenal show from top to bottom. I will admit, as the show closed, it felt not quite as good as last year, but in fairness, last year we got the debut of Undisputed Era. Purely from a wrestling perspective, the matches were very good.

I do not understand why some people say this was Dream's first TakeOver victory though.

#WC4Horsemen

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
      Country                    United States

My favorite matches of the night were the opening tag and Ricochet vs Cole, but overall I enjoyed the entire show. I’m looking forward to seeing who goes after Ciampa now after the finish of this last match with Johnny Wrestling.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Very decent show as to be expected with a Takeover show now.

TUE vs MM - Excellent opener, and continuing NXT currently excellent Tag Team matches. Tyler Bate impresses me every time I see him, incredibly gifted for someone of age. A little surprised to see TUE win clean, I half expected Bobby Fish/Adam Cole to interfere for the one, I guess it's a good way of making them look credible.

Velveteen Dream vs EC3 - Found the match to be a little dull tbh, and I mostly felt that way going into it which didn't help. I really like EC3, but I'm with the general consensus that he should be on the main roster rather than NXT especially with his style of wrestling. Velveteen Dream however is over as fuck, and is oozing charisma. Guy needs a push pronto, especially on his current momentum.

Ricochet vs Adam Cole - Very good match. The fucking superkick whilst Ricochet was midair was awesome, I genuinely marked out loud for that one. These two have pretty good chemistry, I wouldn't mind if they continued the feud for a little while.

Kairi Sane vs Shayna Baszler - Good match, however ruined a little bit by the rollout at the end for me. I'd rather have Sane hit one elbow to put Shayna away, otherwise her finisher looks weak, and I certainly felt that it did here.

Tommaso Ciampa vs Gargano - Probably the weakest so far in the trilogy, it was dragging at the end as they tried to play out the storied finish. I guess they probably had a lot more of an idea about how the match was going to play out with Aleister Black and have had to come up with a completely different story within a short time. Hopefully they keep these two separate for a while now, and possibly set up something like a HIAC match later down the line.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Ok, we’ve spoken about the Dumbass Babyface finish, but what about Johnny surviving three Project Ciampas in a row before moving on to a no-selling Fighting Spirit sprint sequence?

FUCK. THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Ok, we’ve spoken about the Dumbass Babyface finish, but what about Johnny surviving three Project Ciampas in a row before moving on to a no-selling Fighting Spirit sprint sequence?

FUCK. THAT.
    Yeah, this was the weakest match between the two and there were a lot of silly moments. I was hoping their feud wouldn't wear out its welcome, but here we are.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

"Above Average"

Status
      Country                    United States

I felt like two of the finishes from Takeover were two of the best finishes I’ve ever seen in wrestling. Maybe THE best. Kairi Sane and Shayna Baszler was a match that I knew would be awesome but I feel like was being slept on by the fans. And the finish was PERFECT to me. The shock value of how fast it went down was really evident by the reactions of the fans. I don’t think it could’ve been done any better. Same with the Last Man Standing match. I absolutely loved the psychology of Gargano not being able to stand on his hurt leg and Ciampa falling off the stage onto his feet. I really loved both of those finishes.

As far as what I thought was the best match, I think you have to go with Adam Cole and Ricochet. I’ve never really been a big fan of Ricochet’s style, but my God the man can take a bump. That was the best super kick spot I’ve ever seen.

This show was very unpredictable. The only match that I got right was Ciampa/Gargano. And the finish had me seriously doubting that Ciampa would retain. Overall, I loved the show. I loved the unpredictability more than anything. Kudos.

WAKE UP

Status

seeing people who have never watched an indy adam cole or young bucks match lose their shit for the superkick spot is really weird

People's Champion

Status

seeing people who have never watched an indy adam cole or young bucks match lose their shit for the superkick spot is really weird
    Face the facts...superkick parties are more exciting than ever.

Adam Cole is the man. Also his superkicks are sick. Also a great promo. Hes the best thing going in NXT besides the rest of Undisputed era.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

WAKE UP

Status

i find it really weird booking they have built a heel stable and there is no attempts to interfere in each others matches. i mean, i dont want the bullet club (fuck that in the ass), but it would make sense to see it a little atleast

People's Champion

Status

i find it really weird booking they have built a heel stable and there is no attempts to interfere in each others matches. i mean, i dont want the bullet club (fuck that in the ass), but it would make sense to see it a little atleast
    Whats wrong with a cocky heel stable that gets it done the right way? I guess they are tweener?
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Thread Information