Thread: WWE Summerslam 2018 - United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Summerslam WWE Summerslam 2018 - United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Caution! Warning! All-out bedlam has just been guaranteed at SummerSlam. WWE.com has learned that United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura will once again go to war against Jeff Hardy at The Biggest Event of The Summer, with Randy Orton no doubt lurking in the shadows.

Hardy’s United States Championship reign ended in shocking fashion at WWE Extreme Rules, as The Charismatic Enigma suffered a demoralizing, near-immediate title loss to Nakamura. Before the opening bell, The King of Strong Style floored Hardy with his now signature move — a savage low blow — behind the ref’s back. Hardy struggled to his feet and insisted on starting the match, only to suffer an instant Kinshasa that snapped his reign and landed the nefarious Artist the first championship of his WWE tenure. And it would only get worse for Harty, who suffered a surprise post-match attack by none other than Randy Orton, who also delivered a ruthless low blow.

Then, at the height of his U.S. Title rematch on SmackDown LIVE, Jeff seemed to have Nakamura down for the count after hitting him with a picture-perfect Swanton Bomb. However, outta nowhere, Orton emerged to break up Jeff’s pin attempt and savagely attacked The Charismatic Enigma. Though Hardy picked up the win by disqualification, The Viper proceeded to unleash a nearly-unspeakable post-match assault on his prey, which he concluded by DDT’ing Hardy off the table, as Nakamura watched from a distance.

When Hardy returned weeks later to SmackDown to answer the attack from Orton, he suffered dual onslaughts, first by Nakamura and then again by The Viper, who wiped the paint off Hardy’s face in a moment he later described as “erasing The Enigma.”

With so much turmoil surrounding the United States Championship rematch between the titleholder and one of the most extreme Superstars in WWE history, the WWE Universe is left asking just how much chaos awaits at The Biggest Event of the Summer? Moreover, will WWE’s Apex Predator once again look to play a painful role?

Find out when SummerSlam invades the Barclays Center, Sunday, Aug. 19, at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network!
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Summerslam 2018 - United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy

So yeah will they be adding Orton or just letting him come out and intervene? Surely they have something up their sleeve.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Summerslam 2018 - United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy

I have a feeling that this run in the WWE is coming to an end for Jeff Hardy, so Nakamura here

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    I have a feeling that this run in the WWE is coming to an end for Jeff Hardy, so Nakamura here
    Really? I would be a bit surprised. He hasn't been in any real trouble and he's still very marketable and I'm sure does good merch numbers. I don't see them wanting to can him, unless he wants out.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I don't think there's anything to indicate that Jeff Hardy's run in WWE is coming to an end. He's still incredibly popular and can still wrestle absolutely fine. I think it's more likely that they could be moving him up to the main event scene, or perhaps considering pairing him back up into the Woken Universe.

I think it's a given that Randy Orton will be added to this match but Nakamura should retain here.
    I hope Hardy takes a few weeks-month off just as a break and then when he returns be inserted into the main event. If Samoa Joe is champion the he'll need some strong faces to go up against and Jeff would be a great option there. Even if Styles is still champ, Hardy vs Styles for the title is another good main event feud.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I don't think there's anything to indicate that Jeff Hardy's run in WWE is coming to an end. He's still incredibly popular and can still wrestle absolutely fine. I think it's more likely that they could be moving him up to the main event scene, or perhaps considering pairing him back up into the Woken Universe.

I think it's a given that Randy Orton will be added to this match but Nakamura should retain here.
    I hope Hardy takes a few weeks-month off just as a break and then when he returns be inserted into the main event. If Samoa Joe is champion the he'll need some strong faces to go up against and Jeff would be a great option there. Even if Styles is still champ, Hardy vs Styles for the title is another good main event feud.
    Hardy vs. Joe would be the most unlikely World Title feud in years if not ever. But I'd be down for it.

Thread Information