Thread: Scarlett Bordeaux's character getting hate?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Scarlett Bordeaux's character getting hate?

Don Callis was on the Killing The Town podcast with Paul Lazenby and talked about the controversy surrounding the Scarlett Bordeaux character. You can listen to the podcast here

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Shoot-Style-Show

See now, I did not see that because I was following her name on Twitter during the show and it was like 90% positive. The worst thing I saw, someone wrote an article and said, 'Well, they've gotta be very careful about how they do this'. The good thing was the person was smart enough to understand that what Scarlett is doing is she's basically saying, 'Hey, I am not going to be told how to dress and how to look and that I shouldn't look how God made me and I'm not gonna cover up because some man or whatever thinks it's politically correct for me to cover up. If I wanna dress like this, I'm gonna dress like this. This is me.' And I thought that was an empowering message from her. But some people, you know, they look for things to be offended about and whatever. I'm unclear as to what anything she said was offensive. Also, let's all understand this is a wrestling show! Did you get mad at the lead heel in the last movie you saw and wanna go and send the actor letters because he didn't like his character? Everyone's playing a role here so let's just be clear.

But I thought it was interesting what she did and I think that people will be pleasantly surprised as we move forward. She's actually a very good wrestler and I think it got people talking in a good way and yeah, I think people are going, 'Oh, what are they gonna do?' and I don't know what they think is gonna happen here but you never know! You're gonna have to tune in to IMPACT on Pop TV in the USA every Thursday night at 8'o clock or on Game TV and the fabulous Fight Network in Canada to check it out. It is must-see programming especially the most recent tapings from Toronto in the Rebel Entertainment Complex. What a great venue. I think our male demographic will go up with Scarlett. I'm not sure.
    Don Callis also spoke on whether the Scarlett Bordeaux character was a jab at the WWE's recent Women's Revolution.

You know this is true and I don't mean this as a knock because I don't watch anything. It's funny, I used to laugh when I would hear Eric Bischoff talk about back in the WCW days that he didn't watch ECW, like, 'I never watch that'. I was like, 'Oh BS he didn't watch it'. No, I now believe that Eric Bischoff did not watch ECW or much of anything else because he wouldn't have any goddamn time to do it, and I totally understand that. So I legitimately haven't watched WWE in many, many, many years and it's not because I don't want to or because it's not great, I mean I'm a subscriber to the Network and all that but you know, you just don't have time. I don't watch other promotions either.

So yeah, I don't know what they're doing on that. This was an independent kind of a thing with Scarlett and I think she's gonna be a star and she's gonna do a great job with it. And I think if you've learnt nothing else from watching IMPACT the last 6 or 7 months, I think you should know that if you think you know what's gonna happen, you probably don't, and that's probably how entertainment should be.
    This is the few word I've heard that people are upset on Scarlett's character since her debut with Impact Wrestling. I mean from the way she was acting last night, she is tired of people judging her and hating on her because of her beauty and just going to be her. Personally I don't mind what she is doing, but with a stacked Knockouts Division I don't know where she fits right now. I would say though if you stick Scarlett with Eli Drake as tandem they could golden together.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Scarlett Bordeaux's character getting hate?

She is creating interest and at the end of the day that is all any wrestler/talent is striving to do
    I personally don't get the controversy here at all
    She is a heel playing a character.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    She is creating interest and at the end of the day that is all any wrestler/talent is striving to do
    I personally don't get the controversy here at all
    She is a heel playing a character.
    Oh for sure.

Yeah I'm Pro Women in Wrestling in general I want to see all of them get opportunities. Everyone has a role to play can be an asset if used the right way. If you can wrestle and give me joy like Kairi Sane cool, if you can make me want to dream about you all night like Scarlett that's cool with me too.

I wouldn't say though Scarlett is a heel, she might be going that way, but if you come out dressing like that she's going to get cheered for days. I have a feeling this what WWE could of done with Eva Marie, but Scarlett is more talented.

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Well considering the point of her and her character is to get attention and controversy for doing an overly sexual angle in a time when women are trying to be taken more serious, I'd say they're onto a winner already if this is getting her hate and getting a load of sensitive fans all worked up. This could be the making of Scarlett in this industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    I wouldn't say though Scarlett is a heel
    Of course she's a heel. She keeps insulting people and being arrogant about her looks.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I feel like if you’re going to do a women’s revolution properly, you need to allow a performer to play a sexualised character if A: they want to do it, and B: they’re good at it. Both of which so far appear to be the case. Scarlett has always seemed to enjoy playing the role of a sexy, loose, party girl.

A women’s revolution isn’t just about ring work, it should also be about allowing them to own their characters as much as the men. And some will be more comfortable with the role of a “diva” than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well considering the point of her and her character is to get attention and controversy for doing an overly sexual angle in a time when women are trying to be taken more serious, I'd say they're onto a winner already if this is getting her hate and getting a load of sensitive fans all worked up. This could be the making of Scarlett in this industry.

Of course she's a heel. She keeps insulting people and being arrogant about her looks.
    Yeah, but at the same time she's tired of people judging her off the back before getting to know her in the Wrestling industry. I say she's in the middle, but I say Ed and Marketh both of you are right on the money with your comments. I just hope they keep this up with Scarlett and letting her do what she wants with this character because it could be something to watch. I mean Impact had the beautiful people and they went into we are better than you, sexier than you type of thing, but not to this extreme I feel.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

If she’s trying to be a tweener, she fucked it up as soon as she said “In a world full of 3s and 4s, I’m a 10”. That’s a heel right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Just catching up on Impact and just seen the debut of the lady in question- Scarlett Bordeaux.

I think it's a good character and is something completely different to anything else at the moment. With the Revolution of women's wrestling going on it is pretty ballsy but refreshing to see a heel character go against the grain and almost mock it. I think people hating need to remember this is a character and it's one that I certainly can see doing pretty well on Impact and bringing a lot of heat too.

Unsure about her wrestling ability as I've never seen her compete, but could be easily paired up with a tag team as a manager or as suggested above, with Eli Drake or someone of that cocky nature could be absolute gold as a duo.

"LET ME IN.."

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Just catching up on Impact and just seen the debut of the lady in question- Scarlett Bordeaux.

I think it's a good character and is something completely different to anything else at the moment. With the Revolution of women's wrestling going on it is pretty ballsy but refreshing to see a heel character go against the grain and almost mock it. I think people hating need to remember this is a character and it's one that I certainly can see doing pretty well on Impact and bringing a lot of heat too.

Unsure about her wrestling ability as I've never seen her compete, but could be easily paired up with a tag team as a manager or as suggested above, with Eli Drake or someone of that cocky nature could be absolute gold as a duo.
    My thoughts exactly. I can easily see Drake using her like Savage did with Elizabeth putting her in front of himself and get that distraction and heat from it. Drake is just spinning his Wheels right now, and you plug him with Scarlett he could be a even World Champion this time around because his character would been more complete.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

My thoughts exactly. I can easily see Drake using her like Savage did with Elizabeth putting her in front of himself and get that distraction and heat from it. Drake is just spinning his Wheels right now, and you plug him with Scarlett he could be a even World Champion this time around because his character would been more complete.
    I agree, buddy. I think it could be a pretty good fit for both.

Early days though, let's see what they do with Scarlett and how she develops.

"LET ME IN.."

On Vacation

Status

I agree, buddy. I think it could be a pretty good fit for both.

Early days though, let's see what they do with Scarlett and how she develops.
    I wonder who they will have her feud with first hmm? If Rayne was still around it would be easy for them to that feud, Scarlett could call her Grandma and old and past her prime. That might be the route they may be going with her, I haven't read the Tapings that has been in Canada since the Slammiversary PPV.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

I wonder who they will have her feud with first hmm? If Rayne was still around it would be easy for them to that feud, Scarlett could call her Grandma and old and past her prime. That might be the route they may be going with her, I haven't read the Tapings that has been in Canada since the Slammiversary PPV.
    I've not read or seen any spoilers either so I'm not sure what the plans are.

As you suggested, Rayne could have been a good first feud with the story you suggested. That's likely a route they will go down at some point but I can't really think of anyone who's currently there that I can see her feuding with. Guess we will see Haha!

"LET ME IN.."

[Speak Like A Child]

Status
      Country                    England

Allie would be ideal as she's the most natural babyface they have which would offset the character perfectly.

Problem is they're light on top faces in the division what with Rayne leaving and Rosemary injured (who'd be another good feud down the line), so they'll likely need her to feud more with Su Yung and Tessa.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Allie would be ideal as she's the most natural babyface they have which would offset the character perfectly.

Problem is they're light on top faces in the division what with Rayne leaving and Rosemary injured (who'd be another good feud down the line), so they'll likely need her to feud more with Su Yung and Tessa.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Yeah they really are lacking another good face. When me & HoHo was talking about it earlier, Allie was the only viable option in my head but I'm not sure how that feud with work because Allie is kind of the pretty but ditsy character and I'm not sure how that lines up against Scarlett's to be honest. Rosemary is definitely an option with Scarlett calling her a freak and ugly, all those kind of things. Seems a much more natural line up.

I guess in the case of Allie tho you could just have Allie call out Scarlett for representing everything that was bad about Women's Wrestling of the past and how she stands against everything good about the Revolution. I guess that would work.

"LET ME IN.."

On Vacation

Status

Yeah they really are lacking another good face. When me & HoHo was talking about it earlier, Allie was the only viable option in my head but I'm not sure how that feud with work because Allie is kind of the pretty but ditsy character and I'm not sure how that lines up against Scarlett's to be honest. Rosemary is definitely an option with Scarlett calling her a freak and ugly, all those kind of things. Seems a much more natural line up.

I guess in the case of Allie tho you could just have Allie call out Scarlett for representing everything that was bad about Women's Wrestling of the past and how she stands against everything good about the Revolution. I guess that would work.
    Yeah Allie would be great as her first feud partner to face, but I think Impact Wrestling is heading towards her facing Su Yung in a major program again and possibly another Title Run for her. Hey maybe Kiera Hogan is her first, everytime I see her out there she has been getting better and better as a talent.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Yeah Allie would be great as her first feud partner to face, but I think Impact Wrestling is heading towards her facing Su Yung in a major program again and possibly another Title Run for her. Hey maybe Kiera Hogan is her first, everytime I see her out there she has been getting better and better as a talent.
    That's true!

I guess Kiera Hogan would be an option. Unless they bring back someone for her first feud, an original perhaps? What's ODB doing these days? Ha!

"LET ME IN.."

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Rosemary seems to be the best fit to start things off
    Since they are complete opposites, the program would progress naturally

Thread Information