Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The EFL Discussion Thread.

Established Veteran

Status

Re: The EFL Discussion Thread.

Leeds beat Derby 1-0. Didn’t watch the match as I was watching the England cricket match instead.

The non league Man City (Salford) have been promoted to the EFL for the first time ever. That’s four promotions in five seasons for big spending Salford.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

The decision not to include VAR in these play offs is looking like a mistake. Big decision in in the Leeds/Derby game with an overturned penalty.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Since when have playoffs not had away goals ruling thank fook it wasn't there for our game, off to our 2nd home for a final. Would be nice for it to be against Forest Green rather than Tranmere but either way we have a chance.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Established Veteran

Status

Aston Villa are through to the play off final for the second consecutive season. Unlucky WBA. They fought hard when down to 10 men. Villa had so many chances to win the game in normal/extra time but couldn’t score.

So strange that four defenders were taking WBA’s penalties. Villa will be the faves now to go up. Now all three relegated teams from last season didn’t come back up at the first attempt.

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Imagine anyone not liking football. Incredible game tonight.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I'm torn between wanting Leeds back in the prem, and laughing at the fact that they still can't get promoted.

Chuffed for Lampard. Hope Derby can do it

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Heel Champion

Status

Always good to see dirty Leeds mess it up. Would be nice to see Derby back up out of the two.

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I'm torn between wanting Leeds back in the prem, and laughing at the fact that they still can't get promoted.

Chuffed for Lampard. Hope Derby can do it

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    As a United fan, I automatically want them to fail and take a lot of joy out of seeing them fail because they’re dirty Leeds, but at the same time, there’s part of me that would like to see them back in the Premier League. Sort of a win/win scenario either way.

Lampard is someone I’ve definitely warmed to quite a bit in the latter stages of his playing career, and thought he came across well as a pundit. Found myself happy for him tonight, and will probably be wanting Derby to beat Villa in the final.

Relentless Admin

Status

Leeds failing again is the best running joke in English football. They were so good this season it looked like it'd be their year, but the curse of being 3rd really messes up a team's psychology in the play offs because they feel like they've blown it and forget they were about 10 points+ better than the team they face that have nothing to lose.

I like Frank Lampard, he's done really well in his first season (Moore and Shan combined have done better results wise as far as inexperience goes but w/e), he's a likable guy, he talks well, he's giving chances to young English players, they blitzed us in both games with their attacking play. The only thing I dislike is the way he overshadows everything when there's a game on. It's always FRANK LAMPARD's Derby County which seems disrespectful to the players. Was glad to see them get the better of Spygate United. I think they'll beat Villa, Villa don't deal well against pace, they are the team under the most pressure to win and they used all their luck up getting through us.

Last night was a shame to go out, I thought we deserved it on the night but as soon as Brunt got himself sent off we were at best holding on to penalties, and at that point we had no penalty takers left on the pitch. Really cruel way to go out, Villa had to have referee's advantage in the first league, and for us to be without our best players to beat us on penalties while they were out full strength. Dean Smith a very good manager at this level though. Best atmosphere I've ever been apart of, it was like having an away end of 25,000. Big summer ahead, a lot of players will be leaving. Gotta sort out the manager first.

Established Veteran

Status

Terry vs Lampard in the final! Great comeback from Derby. Leeds not only bottled automatic promotion but also bottled the play offs. They scored the opening goal to go 2-0 up on aggregate. Derby then fought back to progress. Leeds will never get out of this league lol. Bielsa is likely to leave. Looking forward to the final between Villa and Derby. The last time a 5th and 6th placed team met in the championship final was back in 2005.

Ole!

Status

Awesome, off to Wembley again in the same season, lets make it count this time

Heel Champion

Status

Got any hopes for this season guys?

I'd love to say Newport can go one better this year, but I think L2 is going to be a lot harder this year so i'll hapilly take the playoffs again.

Relentless Admin

Status

I think Albion will get top 6 again, but they have got to sign a striker this week because we've lost too many goals. We've bought younger, hungrier players to bring the age of the squad down, our own youth players have a bit more maturity to them now to help out the squad, and I think we've got a cracking manager who just excites me every time I read an interview of his. Keeping Hegazi and Gibbs is a big plus, if Bilic can get us tighter at the back then that will be a big help, but losing Gayle and Rodriguez is a blow. They MIGHT be able to get Gayle back but I doubt it.

Horrible first game up away to Forest, I think we could lose that one.

Luton/Boro was absolutely barmy tonight, loved that first game.

Fulham to win the Championship.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    France

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think Albion will get top 6 again, but they have got to sign a striker this week because we've lost too many goals. We've bought younger, hungrier players to bring the age of the squad down, our own youth players have a bit more maturity to them now to help out the squad, and I think we've got a cracking manager who just excites me every time I read an interview of his. Keeping Hegazi and Gibbs is a big plus, if Bilic can get us tighter at the back then that will be a big help, but losing Gayle and Rodriguez is a blow. They MIGHT be able to get Gayle back but I doubt it.

Horrible first game up away to Forest, I think we could lose that one.

Luton/Boro was absolutely barmy tonight, loved that first game.

Fulham to win the Championship.
    I hope the Baggies do it, just so I can see my beloved Semi Ajayi in the prem.

For me, I think Rotherham will finish top half of League One - think our time as a yo-yo club is over now.

Luton / Boro was a great opener to the season. Think Luton will have enough to stay up based on that performance. Also loving the Luton shirt this year. Same template as the Rotherham shirts, however the colours just bring it to life.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by epo View Post
    I hope the Baggies do it, just so I can see my beloved Semi Ajayi in the prem.

For me, I think Rotherham will finish top half of League One - think our time as a yo-yo club is over now.

Luton / Boro was a great opener to the season. Think Luton will have enough to stay up based on that performance. Also loving the Luton shirt this year. Same template as the Rotherham shirts, however the colours just bring it to life.
    Ah cool, didn't know you were a Miller. I think the Ajayi signing will be a really good one for us, we had no bite in us last year in tackles, hopefully he brings some physicality and drive to the team. Hear he played DM for yous last year when he went on that mad run of goals, can see us using him in CB until Hegazi is back in a few months.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Ah cool, didn't know you were a Miller. I think the Ajayi signing will be a really good one for us, we had no bite in us last year in tackles, hopefully he brings some physicality and drive to the team. Hear he played DM for yous last year when he went on that mad run of goals, can see us using him in CB until Hegazi is back in a few months.
    He's not a centre back. Prone to too many brain farts positionally, especially defending corners. He found "his position" when Paul Warne moved him into DM. And he got his first Nigeria call up in that position too.

He has the energy to go box to box, he can tackle and track back and slot in central defence if others are out of position or dragged across. And he found his range with long distance shots. His strength is attacking set pieces. The ball always seems to land on his head.

Relentless Admin

Status

Loved that opening day win, 3 points away from home at Forest is no easy feat. Bilic's management style already showing improvements in our organisation and the confidence to control games. Gave a debut to an 18 year old centre back that he's converted to right back who was MOTM, and four members of our squad yesterday were not products of our youth team, but all of them are local lads from Birmingham and the Black Country. Not sure there's anything better than watching local lads break into the side.

Underdog

Status

Rotherham United won on the opening day for the first time in 7 years. And they won away on the opening day for the first time since 2002.

Also The Millers win away for only the second time in 18 months.

I'll take that.

Relentless Admin

Status

haha yeah when we signed Ajayi I read about that awful run of away form you had before the QPR win. Good to see you off the mark.

Ole!

Status

Going to love a 3rd season in league one

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information