Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The EFL Discussion Thread.

Established Veteran

Status

Re: The EFL Discussion Thread.

Leeds beat Derby 1-0. Didn’t watch the match as I was watching the England cricket match instead.

The non league Man City (Salford) have been promoted to the EFL for the first time ever. That’s four promotions in five seasons for big spending Salford.

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

The decision not to include VAR in these play offs is looking like a mistake. Big decision in in the Leeds/Derby game with an overturned penalty.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Since when have playoffs not had away goals ruling thank fook it wasn't there for our game, off to our 2nd home for a final. Would be nice for it to be against Forest Green rather than Tranmere but either way we have a chance.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Established Veteran

Status

Aston Villa are through to the play off final for the second consecutive season. Unlucky WBA. They fought hard when down to 10 men. Villa had so many chances to win the game in normal/extra time but couldn’t score.

So strange that four defenders were taking WBA’s penalties. Villa will be the faves now to go up. Now all three relegated teams from last season didn’t come back up at the first attempt.

To the letter of the law

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Imagine anyone not liking football. Incredible game tonight.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I'm torn between wanting Leeds back in the prem, and laughing at the fact that they still can't get promoted.

Chuffed for Lampard. Hope Derby can do it

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Always good to see dirty Leeds mess it up. Would be nice to see Derby back up out of the two.
    I have a plan so cunning......

To the letter of the law

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I'm torn between wanting Leeds back in the prem, and laughing at the fact that they still can't get promoted.

Chuffed for Lampard. Hope Derby can do it

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    As a United fan, I automatically want them to fail and take a lot of joy out of seeing them fail because they’re dirty Leeds, but at the same time, there’s part of me that would like to see them back in the Premier League. Sort of a win/win scenario either way.

Lampard is someone I’ve definitely warmed to quite a bit in the latter stages of his playing career, and thought he came across well as a pundit. Found myself happy for him tonight, and will probably be wanting Derby to beat Villa in the final.

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Leeds failing again is the best running joke in English football. They were so good this season it looked like it'd be their year, but the curse of being 3rd really messes up a team's psychology in the play offs because they feel like they've blown it and forget they were about 10 points+ better than the team they face that have nothing to lose.

I like Frank Lampard, he's done really well in his first season (Moore and Shan combined have done better results wise as far as inexperience goes but w/e), he's a likable guy, he talks well, he's giving chances to young English players, they blitzed us in both games with their attacking play. The only thing I dislike is the way he overshadows everything when there's a game on. It's always FRANK LAMPARD's Derby County which seems disrespectful to the players. Was glad to see them get the better of Spygate United. I think they'll beat Villa, Villa don't deal well against pace, they are the team under the most pressure to win and they used all their luck up getting through us.

Last night was a shame to go out, I thought we deserved it on the night but as soon as Brunt got himself sent off we were at best holding on to penalties, and at that point we had no penalty takers left on the pitch. Really cruel way to go out, Villa had to have referee's advantage in the first league, and for us to be without our best players to beat us on penalties while they were out full strength. Dean Smith a very good manager at this level though. Best atmosphere I've ever been apart of, it was like having an away end of 25,000. Big summer ahead, a lot of players will be leaving. Gotta sort out the manager first.

Established Veteran

Status

Terry vs Lampard in the final! Great comeback from Derby. Leeds not only bottled automatic promotion but also bottled the play offs. They scored the opening goal to go 2-0 up on aggregate. Derby then fought back to progress. Leeds will never get out of this league lol. Bielsa is likely to leave. Looking forward to the final between Villa and Derby. The last time a 5th and 6th placed team met in the championship final was back in 2005.

Ole!

Status

Awesome, off to Wembley again in the same season, lets make it count this time

Thread Information