Thread: WWE Summerslam 2018 - Smackdown Women's Champion Carmella vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Summerslam WWE Summerslam 2018 - Smackdown Women's Champion Carmella vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Mella is Money. Becky Lynch is on a streak hotter than straight fire. And now Charlotte Flair is back with the natural focus of a champion. Which of the three elite Superstars will walk away from their SummerSlam Triple Threat Match with the SmackDown Women’s Title?

Lynch, the first-ever SmackDown Women’s Champion, has been chasing the title for almost two years, often coming up just short despite an overwhelming amount of grassroots support from the WWE Universe. The ever-resilient Becky Balboa has recently found new, amassing a 5-0 streak that culminated in a victory over The Princess of Staten Island — the very defeat that earned her the title match. However, the championship bout was destined to become more complicated with the reemergence of The Queen.

Flair turned the established title match upside-down after returning to SmackDown LIVE to help Becky fend off Carmella’s sneak-attack and overcoming the titleholder in the show’s main event. The Queen’s win transformed the SummerSlam championship showdown into a Triple Threat Match. Having the six-time Women’s Champion in the contest will undoubtably change the dynamic. As fearless as she is athletic, Charlotte she is one of many Superstars responsible for the Women’s Evolution, from being the longest-reigning SmackDown Women’s Champion to competing in the first-ever Women’s Hell in a Cell Match against Sasha Banks. After having her title stolen from her via Carmella’s cash-in, she will enter The Biggest Event of the Summer with a score to settle with The Princess of Staten Island.

The Queen and The Irish Lass Kicker would be wise not to underestimate a competitor like the arguably underrated titleholder. Like her of loathe her, Carmella knows how to win when it counts. She has played every technicality and loophole in the book to her advantage, using a Money in the Bank cash-in to dethrone Flair, taking advantage of an injury to win the rematch and wrangling James Ellsworth back from exile to survive two challenges from Asuka. Though her chinless accomplice has since been fired for a second time, Mella has shown that she has pretty of tricks up her sleeve and will definitely not go quietly into that good night.

Tune in to find out who will leave Brooklyn as the SmackDown Women’s Champion when SummerSlam streams live on the award-winning WWE Network Sunday, Aug. 19, at 7 ET/4 PT.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 08-03-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: WWE Summerslam 2018 - Smackdown Women's Champion Carmella vs Becky Lynch vs Charl

Opening post updated to reflect the absolutely necessary addition of Charlotte.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: WWE Summerslam 2018 - Smackdown Women's Champion Carmella vs Becky Lynch vs Charl

I'm not sure why they added Charlotte to this match. I'm guessing they had nothing else for her?

I wonder if we'll see Charlotte screw Becky over to win the title here and turn heel, then we'll get Charlotte vs Becky as a feud going forward with Becky chasing again. Or perhaps we'll see Becky win the title finally and then Charlotte turns on her when they're celebrating together?

Either way, I can't see Carmella walking out as champion here.

Legit

Status
      Country                    UK

Agreed, Carmella is losing here. The experiment is over. I think it’s a Triple Threat so either Charlotte or Becky are protected. I can see Becky being about to win and Charlotte throwing her out of the ring or something.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

With Asuka being out of the title picture for the meantime, you would definitely lean towards Carmella losing this. I would absolutely lol if Carmella wins and we just get a Becky/Charlotte feud with no title on the line though, and then Carmella goes on to fight Naomi or some shit.

WAKE UP

Status

this will probs be a better match but part of me wishes they'd stuck to carmella vs becky. i think this will play directly into whatever the Evolution main event will be

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

With Ellsworth gone again Carmella losing here defo feels like the likely scenario. Just a case of who out of Becky & Charlotte will be the one to take the title from here.

Status
      Country                    United States

I think Mella should pin Charlotte and Becky simultaneously. She is the top heel on SD after all.

But no seriously, I'm rooting for Becky to get her moment in the limelight.

WAKE UP

Status

I can see them having Becky and Carmella cost each other and Carmella retain

Then run Sasha/Bayley vs Charlotte/Becky and Carmella vs Asuka with a title change at Evolution

Character Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

Becky Lynch is definitely my favorite woman on Smackdown, so I want her to win. I do see Charlotte turning heel here. There's been so much played up about her helping Becky and with the rumors of Charlotte vs Rousey at 'Mania, this would be a good time to turn her heel. I would say it's also possible that the turn doesn't occur during the match itself, but rather after the match or on Smackdown the following week, as a result of something that happened in the match. I also wouldn't put it past Carmella retaining the title and Charlotte and losing the title to someone else shortly after while setting up Charlotte vs Becky in a match at Evolution, seeing as that show will need more than just title matches.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Thread Information