Thread: WWE Summerslam 2018 - Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Summerslam WWE Summerslam 2018 - Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    At SummerSlam, the heat of summer will turn positively explosive when The Baddest Woman on the Planet sets her sights on Five Feet of Fury and the Raw Women’s Championship.

Some might say that the conflict between Alexa Bliss and Ronda Rousey began back in January when the debuting Rousey seized the spotlight just moments after the first-ever Women’s Royal Rumble Match to stare down the victorious Asuka, as well as The Goddess of WWE and then-SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair. Any unspoken animosity came to a head at WWE Money in the Bank when Little Miss Bliss interrupted Rousey’s first title opportunity against Nia Jax, attacking both Superstars and causing the match to be thrown out before cashing in her contract on The Irresistible Force to become a five-time Women’s Champion.

After Bliss continued to antagonize Rousey the next night on Raw, the already-seething Baddest Woman on the Planet attacked the newly-crowned titleholder, but she made the mistake of putting her hands on Raw General Manager Kurt Angle and a slew of WWE officials. Although Ronda’s transgressions earned her a 30-day suspension from the red brand, that didn’t stop her from buying a front-row ticket to WWE Extreme Rules and turning the title bout upside-down when Bliss and her friend Mickie James incorporated various underhanded tactics during Alexa’s Extreme Rules Match against Jax.

The following night, Angle announced the highly-anticipated showdown between Bliss and Rousey for The Biggest Event of the Summer, and the title fight promises to be extraordinary from start to finish. Rousey is a truly fierce competitor who has defied every expectation while completely adapting herself to WWE’s style and is now poised for greatness. Alexa Bliss is a Superstar who knows how to win at all costs and refuses to take a back seat to anyone.

Who will emerge victorious in SummerSlam’s incredible Raw Women’s Championship Match? Find out Sunday, Aug. 19, at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: WWE Summerslam 2018 - Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey

Ronda has consistently been one of the highlights on RAW since her debut and she's shown that she has all the tools required to be a big star for WWE going forward. I'd quite like to see her win the title here.

WAKE UP

Status

Best case - Ronda wins in a fun sub-5 minute match and destroys Alexa.

Worst case - long match with the smallest woman on the roster looking competitive with Rousey.

Rousey has been OK so far, but Bliss is a female HHH as a worker, not excited for this.

Status
      Country                    United States

Ronda is awesome. The hype is huge. She feels like a big deal. But as she showed Monday, she lacks basic fundamentals and the understanding of how to execute simple throws other than judo moves. She seems a bit dangerous. Because of that I have some reservations about her winning the title this soon.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Bliss is a chicken shit heel right? Well there is no better place to get comeuppance for that then to get the heck beat out of her in 5 minutes by Ronda . That's the only way this match should go. Rousey
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Ronda is awesome. The hype is huge. She feels like a big deal. But as she showed Monday, she lacks basic fundamentals and the understanding of how to execute simple throws other than judo moves. She seems a bit dangerous. Because of that I have some reservations about her winning the title this soon.
    I have to agree with the majority here. The way this has been booked and the way they have made Rousey look, she MUST win the belt here, or they risk here becoming 'just another act' like everybody else they ruin.

This doesn't mean I disagree with you about the dangerous part though. I just think it's clear that the WWE don't care and just want as many eyes as possible on the product come Summerslam and after. Rondo being the champ should do this, at least for a little while.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    I have to agree with the majority here. The way this has been booked and the way they have made Rousey look, she MUST win the belt here, or they risk here becoming 'just another act' like everybody else they ruin.

This doesn't mean I disagree with you about the dangerous part though. I just think it's clear that the WWE don't care and just want as many eyes as possible on the product come Summerslam and after. Rondo being the champ should do this, at least for a little while.
    Yeah I'm not adamantly opposed to her winning. Not at all actually. I think it makes the most sense for her to win and I don't blame WWE for wanting to go that way. I'm just a bit wary about her green-ness.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

It absolutely should just be a 5-8 minute match where Bliss takes a few shortcuts to survive longer than she should, but ultimately loses the title to Ronda to get it on a bigger star ready for Evolution. Putting the title back on Bliss just felt like she was going to be the transitional champ for Ronda and they trusted Bliss more in that Summerslam spot than Nia. For that reason and with no MITB briefcase in play anymore I'd be really surprised if Bliss walked out with the title. However there's both Mickie costing Ronda the match to set up a rematch for Evolution, or the fact that Nattie could easily turn heel on Ronda, that could come into play here.

This remains the only match from Raw I'm interested in.

Thread Information