Thread: WWE Summerslam 2018 - Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Summerslam WWE Summerslam 2018 - Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    After months of controversy, chaos and conflict, Roman Reigns will get what he has been craving — another opportunity to dethrone his greatest rival Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship.

After he defeated Bobby Lashley on the July 23 episode of Raw, The Big Dog earned the right to get another crack at The Beast and his Universal Title. Of course, Lesnar and Reigns’ rivalry dates all the way back to WrestleMania 31 in 2015, and the two recently collided in unforgettable contests at this year’s WrestleMania and a Steel Cage Match at The Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia in April. The Steel Cage Match was shrouded in controversy because the replay seems to clearly show that Reigns’ feet hit the floor before Lesnar’s in the match’s closing moments, but Brock was awarded the victory.

The infuriated Big Dog has been calling himself the “uncrowned Universal Champion” and vigorously campaigning for another opportunity ever since. However, The Anomaly’s contract status with WWE has taken several twists and turns, and he showed up in the UFC Octagon several weeks ago, so Reigns has been unable to get close to Lesnar, much less get another title match… until now.

With his victory over Lashley, Reigns has secured another chance to take down The Beast and claim the Universal Title. Will The Big Dog’s personal and growing vendetta against Lesnar be a help or hindrance as they approach this title clash at The Biggest Event of the Summer? And with The Beast’s recent contract entanglements and potential UFC return looming, will he be focused squarely and solely on once again conquering Reigns?

Find out when Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns square off with the Universal Title on the line on Sunday, Aug. 19, at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network!
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Heel Champion

Status

Re: WWE Summerslam 2018 - Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

This is so apt it’s sickening https://streamable.com/o76oa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Character Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

How are they going to put together yet another match between two guys who each only have two moves in their repertoire? This HAS to be the last shot for Reigns. WWE has wasted too much time building this guy up. Either make him the top guy already or don't. I also don't want to see Strowman win the belt just to build Reigns up again. Been there, done that.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Coming out of last nights closing segment on RAW
    I can see Heyman (storyline) thinking that win or lose he is going to lose his meal ticket post SummerSlam and devices a plot for Reigns to win The Universal Title and become A Paul Heyman Guy.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Coming out of last nights closing segment on RAW
    I can see Heyman (storyline) thinking that win or lose he is going to lose his meal ticket post SummerSlam and devices a plot for Reigns to win The Universal Title and become A Paul Heyman Guy.
    Not really an option I considered. Heyman would probably actually be a really good pairing for Reigns, hiding his obvious weaknesses. I just can't see it happening though. The WWE will be happy with their merch sales from Reigns, which I'm assuming are still quite good.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I honestly don't know how this match is gong to go. The fans are going to shit on it (again) and whoever wins they're going to shit on it. Most people seem to think that Reigns simply has to win this, but I don't think he will.
    It appears to me that Brock is going to fight again in the UFC. We can see that due to the noticeable change in his physique this past Monday (which suggests that he's back in the USADA pool) and he now looks to be training his body for UFC fighting as opposed to wrestling. Plus he's always had a slightly different physique for his UFC fights anyway in that he's has less muscle mass and is much leaner compared to when he's full time wrestling and he's bulked up considerably. If Lesnar is indeed going to fight in UFC then I think WWE will take the chance of him hopefully beating Cormier and then capitalise by having him come back to WWE as a 2 sport champion. It would be a big PR moment for WWE if he pulls it off.
    The issue with that though is that for that to happen, Roman Reigns will have to lose to Lesnar. AGAIN. That really would put Reigns in a very tough position, especially if WWE persist with pushing him to face Lesnar, AGAIN, at next years Wrestlemania. But honestly, that's the direction I think they will go in.

The unknown factor though is Braun Strowman. As Mr MITB he can cash in and win that title a any point. We could see Reigns winning the title at Summerslam and then have Strowman cash in straight away to save the crowd from shitting all over the show. But honestly, I think Lesnar is winning this match.
    Last edited by Tommy Thunder; 08-03-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Status
      Country                    United States

I think I'm very intrigued to see what would happen if Lesnar does retain. That's the most interesting option. But I've pretty much convinced myself that they're setting up Reigns to finally go over, possibly due to some Heyman involvement.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC
    I think I'm very intrigued to see what would happen if Lesnar does retain. That's the most interesting option. But I've pretty much convinced myself that they're setting up Reigns to finally go over, possibly due to some Heyman involvement.
    He loses at Survivor Series? But I also believe Reigns will win.

WAKE UP

Status

very obviously setting this up for Lesnar to lose, but then again they did that for Wrestlemania. Here's hoping it's a better match atleast. As with WM they have done a good job the last couple weeks getting people behind Reigns but we'll see if it sticks on the night.

Thread Information