Thread: I need help beating Shao Kahn

"Above Average"

Status
      Country                    United States

I need help beating Shao Kahn

Everyone in this section knows by now the obsession I have with defeating Shao Kahn on Mortal Kombat Trilogy. I've beaten him on MK 2 and I'll eventually try on UMK3 as well. But right now, my focus is on Trilogy. Here's the rundown of my current situation:

-I am using Scorpion since I know how to use his combos well
    -I have figured out that there's only one move I'm vulnerable to if I crouch and stay crouched
    -That dumbass will try time and time again to shoot green balls at me while I'm crouched
    -He will occasionally try to do a shoulder tackle into the air, which I counter with the uppercut
    -He will taunt every now and then, which opens a very short window to run and attack with a combo
    -If he uses the forward shoulder tackle, I'm defenseless

It's a waiting game. I'm going the strategic route, and most times it will pay off in Round 1. But it's like he's just toying with me. When Round 2 comes around, he just goes into complete rape mode and spams me with the forward tackle.

I NEED HELP. This game is taking years off of my life. I have to get over this obsession with Shao Kahn. And if you don't believe any of my above stategy and/or experience, here's a video I made for proof just to show how much of a bitch he is.

People's Champion

Status

Re: I need help beating Shao Kahn

Forward jump kick, jump back.... repeat( it works best once you get it once to follow through and spam it). Or add that into your strategy. This is based on the snes versions

I agree about beating him one round. After that he goes into destroy mode and fucks you up.

I was able to beat him in mk2 back in the day and now i cant beat him even with an emulator with save states
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-24-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Forward jump kick, jump back.... repeat( it works best once you get it once to follow through and spam it). Or add that into your strategy. This is based on the snes versions

I agree about beating him one round. After that he goes into destroy mode and fucks you up.

I was able to beat him in mk2 back in the day and now i cant beat him even with an emulator with save states

I've tried the jump kick, jump back strategy and that doesn't work for me at all. That's usually my go-to.

I'm stuck and torn. I have no idea what to do here.

I'm cool. I think

Status

....This is coming from the person who has never played mortal kombat in his life tbh so maybe this is terrible advice but have you tried attacking him while he shoots the fireball? There seems to be a moment after the fireball passes you when he's stuck in the animation and maybe you can use that to strike.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post
    ....This is coming from the person who has never played mortal kombat in his life tbh so maybe this is terrible advice but have you tried attacking him while he shoots the fireball? There seems to be a moment after the fireball passes you when he's stuck in the animation and maybe you can use that to strike.
    Doesn't work for me. It may just be my timing, but he rapes me when I try it.

Another factor that plays into this are the Endurance matches and Motaro. I don't always make it all the way up the ladder without losing a life. So the pressure of that adds up and usually causes me to fuck up. Motaro really sucks too but he's definitely easier to deal with. The jump kicks usually do it for me on him.

"Above Average"

Status

I FUCKING DID IT!

Happiest moment of my life.
    Last edited by Codename Bags; 07-27-2018 at 10:48 PM.

On Vacation

Status

Fantastic spamming of the spear. So proud of you. You made Shao Kahn your bitch.

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    Fantastic spamming of the spear. So proud of you. You made Shao Kahn your bitch.
    I really did, didn't I?

This was a new strategy. I calmed myself down and noticed if I timed it perfectly, I could actually use the spear, which I wasn't doing at all before. And this was my second playthrough tonight. He already took all five lives the first time and this was my fifth and final chance on this go around. That bastard took nine lives.

Curtain Jerker

Status

There's a youtube video on it. let me get you that clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFYD_pC0P8k

The basic idea is to just teleport behind his back and then combo the teleport into a spear and then do your four hit combo, HP, HP HK, b+HK or HK, HK, LK, LK

With Noob Saibot and Sub Zero, you can just freeze him and then do your combo. When you're playing as Rain, just fireball him and then bring him to yourself and as he falls down, just uppercut him

Thread Information