View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to an all women WWE PPV?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Yes! Yes!

16 64.00%
  • Indifferent

7 28.00%
  • Hell no

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Evolution Discussion

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Evolution WWE Evolution Discussion

On Monday Night Raw, WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon announced the formation of WWE Evolution, a groundbreaking all-women’s exclusive pay-per-view event that will take place on Sunday, Oct. 28, at 7 p.m. ET from NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in New York. The event will stream live on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view around the world, featuring Women’s Championship Matches from Monday Night Raw, SmackDown LIVE, NXT and NXT UK, as well as the finals of the all-women’s tournament, Mae Young Classic 2018.

“Because of all of you, men and women using your voices for change, we are able to provide the platform to show the world that women can do anything and be anything they want to be,” McMahon said on Raw. “Because of all of you, we are able to stand here and make another first-ever announcement. On October 28, over 50 women, then, now and forever, will participate in an event called Evolution, and that event — I am privileged to announce — will be the first-ever all-women’s pay-per-view.”

“Three years ago, our fans demanded a change with the hashtag, #GiveDivasAChance, and an evolution started,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “Since that time, our female Superstars have overdelivered in every opportunity presented to them, and I expect nothing different during our first-ever all-women’s pay-per-view event.”

Every woman on the roster will be on hand, including Ronda Rousey, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, Carmella, Nia Jax and Asuka, as well as WWE Hall of Famers and Legends Trish Stratus, Lita and many more.
    I have conflicting thoughts on this. I think it's great there's going to be an all womens event, in an era where WWE's pay-per-views all feel the same because it's Raw and SD all meshed together in 4 hour shows, a show with a fresh theme and identity that's different to anything I've seen before really appeals. I feel like they could easily do a 2-3 hour PPV event for 205 Live now those guys don't get PPV opportunities anymore. Getting rid of the solo brand PPVs has really reduced the opportunity for a lot of women to get on the show because they only have time for the title matches now (which have been low in quality) - compare it to something like Elimination Chamber 2017 where Smackdown Live put 3 womens singles matches on the show. A night where the likes of Ember Moon, Ruby Riot and Becky Lynch can get back on PPV is alright in my book.

However, that gratuitous announcement on Raw really irritated me. To announce it in the manner they did was bad for several reasons; firstly it broke kayfabe because you've got heels and babyfaces all on the same stage, all smiling and applauding, forgetting all their current feuds because there's a manufactured empowering moment for women going on and they all have to behave themselves as their boss talks to them in a pep talk way that should of been backstage and shot for WWE 24. I mean you've got Carmella and Asuka inches away from each other having the time of their life on stage like nothing has been going on between them for months. I felt exactly the same way about the Royal Rumble which was a nonsense. A minor point too, but where was SD GM Paige when this historic moment for her female roster members?

The bigger criticism for me is how hollow the whole thing feels. It continues the forced narrative that WWE are leading a charge in female sports/entertainment and at no point do they feel sincerely apologetic for how long they held off making their womens wrestlers equal. This all could of happened 5-10 years earlier if Stephanie was that passionate about it, look at the bad taste angles that were going on when she had the book on SD all those years ago. Instead what we've got now is a non stop parade of 'first time ever historic moments' with Steph's face plastered over everything to present the company as being progressive towards women, and now in Breast Cancer Awareness month (get ready for pink ropes) the focus is again going to be on what the company are doing for the women, not what the women are doing for the company. This is the same company that 3 months ago chose Saudi money over their equality morals, so forgive me if I'm not quick to pat WWE on the back for this one.

Rant over. On the positive side of things I can see this being one of the best shows WWE puts in all year because they'll be keen to make a statement and the women will want to shine. The usual problems that hamper current WWE PPVs probably won't be a problem here. Putting the MYCII finals on this show means we're likely to get at least one very good match looking at the names announced for this so far. I just hope there's not too many returning former stars.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Re: WWE Evolution Discussion

The announcement to those that haven't seen it yet.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m excited. It hopefully means a roster full of motivated women and and well booked show that doesn’t reflect the current state of the company.

Having the whole Raw being focused on how great the announcement was felt obviously nauseating and three more months of being told how historic it’s going to be doesn’t sound fun though.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Some people seem genuinely offended by this. It's quite hilarious seeing people against the show, rooting for it to fail. People need to separate their feelings from the segment to the actual show itself.

I personally am excited. It would hopefully mean that the women's division has a focus to put all thier creative ideas towards. People who wouldn't get tv time normally, getting a chance to shine. I'm excited.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

From the standpoint of mixing things up, I think this is a good idea
    There are far to many PPV's throughout the year that are just shows that seen forced and are just filler until the next major event
    Doing this once a year should peak peoples interest for the show
    I just fear that over time they will try and expand on this and end up beating it into the ground

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

I'm not against it, I hope it does super well. I just still have ZERO interest in women's wrestling in WWE outside of the occasional good NXT program. Now I don't know if that's the main roster booking or I just ain't invested in women's wrestling but truth is I care less about this PPV than the Greatest Royal Rumble.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

WWE Evolution Discussion

Don’t see why people would be offended by a women don’t PPV. Considering some of the trash we’ve seen over the last year on PPVs this shouldn’t exactly be terrible and guys like Charlotte, Moon, Becky, Sasha, Asuka etc...have shown that when given the chance they can produce even better stuff than the men. On that basis I’m looking forward to actually seeing the company do something different.

That being said I really hate how disingenuous this whole movement really feels. Part of me believes Steph really does want to see women as a major part of the show, I really do. But it’s very obvious that she’s only putting her neck out for it right now because she can make some money from it all. The four horse women stuff down in NXT was perfect and it was so easy to get behind the four of them and want to see them be pushed to the sky, get long match, main event shows etc...because it all felt so natural. There is nothing natural about Steph dragging everyone out to the stage to tell people ‘WE ARE MAKING HISTORY!!! YAY WWE’. It just feels very forced and disingenuous.

Not to mention while I like Mella and Bliss I feel like the constant focus on both along with this idea that ‘making history’ is simply a case making the women do all the stuff men do has done nothing but push the women back 10 years. I mean cool, they’ve now had an HIAC match, MITB, Royal Rumble, Main evened a PPV and now have their own show....but they looked so much more legit and serious going on in normal matches mid shows on Takeovers.

On top of all this, while my issues with Ronda have died down since she’s actually shown her worth in the ring, I really don’t like the fact that she’s almost guaranteed to main event this show. Realistically that honour should be a given to a Charlotte or an Asuka but I reckon we will etc Bliss/Ronda instead.
    Last edited by CGS; 07-24-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Status

One of the worst tweets I've seen in a long time was some asshat asking when young fans who haven't seen PPVs going back more than a few years would get an all-male PPV. I think they were serious. Like, get fucked you idiot. I'm not even a MASSIVE fan of the women's division but its not hard to admit that they deserve a spotlight. How many years was WWF/WWE all-male for? How many years did the women get treated as eye candy and nothing else? They just got fucked over with the Greatest Royal Rumble. But if you are offended by this announcement.... sorry, you're kind really a massive asshole.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Pretty excited by the announcement and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes down. Anyone think that maybe we could get Women's Tag Championships? I guess the issue would be the brand and how it would work that way. Don't see Women's Raw & SD Tag Championship's being a viable option.

Hopefully a couple of legends and past competitors have cameo's on the show. I wonder if they will go all out and have like a complete female commentary team too? Beth Phoenix, Lita and Renee Young, maybe?

Guess we will see.
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

I'm not offended by the idea of a all women's PPV. With all the women on both the RAW, SmackDown, even the NXT rosters, the women deserve the right to have their own PPV. It's a win-win for women everywhere.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

God Mode

Status

I'm not against it by any means, and think it's a good idea in and of itself. However, I'm a bit indifferent on how it will go.

The Women's Rumble was fun and I enjoyed it. The Mae Young Classic was very good, and having great talents like Kairi Sane shine is a great thing. Now that we have Io Shirai in the mix, as well as Asuka? Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, etc...A lot of great talents.

Will it actually pan out and be good? Remains to be seen. It could be great, it could be awful. That's down to the booking.

I certainly like it and find it better than any sort of hardcore/HIAC/gimmick match they try to work with women wrestlers (Which again, if booked right with the right talent COULD be great, but it's the WWE.).
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Not against this either, there are some talented women on this roster.

However I echo the statement that this is all a manufactured moment and really just WWE giving themselves a pat on the back. After all, how much of RAW was dedicated to people talking about "Stephanie McMahon's announcement of an all women's PPV". It was never just spoken about as "Evolution" or an all women's PPV, it was always "Stephanie McMahons announcement". I've seen people have problems with the name but I'm cool with it. However the biggest sour taste is it was only 6 months ago that they were taking money rather than sticking to this "revolution" they have going on, so the whole "women wrestling yay!" movement is just hard to believe.

Not to mention that the announcement come from Stephanie, who is one of the most hated people in the company thanks to storylines, whilst having the terrible Bayley & Sasha Banks feud being showcased on the same show and the Asuka (who has been completely destroyed this year btw) stood near Carmella. For all they shout about the Women's revolution, I can't think of a single memorable feud...or even match since Wrestlemania. The creative for the main shows have just been awful, I personally like Alexa Bliss and think she is decent in the ring so I have no problem with her as champ and we all know she will be sacrificed to Ronda soon but Carmella being champ on the show that has Asuka, Charlotte, Becky Lynch & Peyton Royce...whilst having a man help her retain too....it's the drizzling shits.

Maybe if the women were booked like they were on NXT, I would believe this stance more. Fact is, women feel more appreciated there...

Curtain Jerker

Status

Ive always been a fan of the women so Im looking forward to the show. I guess people not interested in watching can just watch something else, but I will be tuned in.

[Your Name]

Status

One thing I like about this is that they are actually gonna mix the NXT universe with the main roster. Another unique selling point for me along with the whole "women only" thing.

Character Jobber

Status

I like the idea of it. I'll reserve judgement until some matches are announced. I had the idea for WWE to do something like this during Greatest Royal Rumble weekend.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

fka OldSkoolWarrior

Status

I think it's cool that WWE is going to attempt a women's ppv... However, I'm sorta just blah about the current state of women's wrestling in WWE... There are a few women I like to watch wrestle in the WWE, but I haven't seen enough from the entire roster to say that this show will be a successful one.

Plus it seems as if the WWE needed to continue rolling the ball forward with the women's revolution thing and while this was the natural progression, it feels a little bit forced at this time and nowhere near as impactful as the announcement of the 1st Women's Royal Rumble match. I think more people were genuinely excited about the Rumble.

"Above Average"

Status

This is definitely a great idea and a well deserved thing for the women. I just hope they do this thing the right way and find a way to make it more about the current women's roster more than the older ones. They deserve their place on this show; Beth Phoenix is the one that I think could be the first ever Hall of Famer on the current active roster. But they need to give the current roster the appropriate tools to shine on this show.

I think the question is, who main events this show? Who would you book?

I'm booking Charlotte and Becky for the Title.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

An interesting name they chose for the PPV. I would have gone with "No Man's Land"

Looking forward to it.

#WC4Horsemen

Ole!

Status

Beth Phoenix will be involved but she doesn't know yet in what capacity, hope its a match.

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Mikk View Post
    Beth Phoenix will be involved but she doesn't know yet in what capacity, hope its a match.
    She has done commentary, and Lita has done commentary...do they dare? Haha

Thread Information