View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to an all women WWE PPV?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Yes! Yes!

16 64.00%
  • Indifferent

7 28.00%
  • Hell no

2 8.00%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Evolution Discussion

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE Evolution Discussion

Didn't Lita wrestle for some Indy Shows a few years ago before the all Ladies Royal Rumble? I think these two have faced each other maybe two times back in the day and didn't Mickie have Lita's last Match? I thought if you want to put Lita in a Match you would it in a Tag Team Match, but hey this could be a great sleeper Match between the two and I hope Mickie wins.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah I’m not sure that’s a match I’d of book. It’s cool Mickie gets a singles match but Lita did not look good at the Rumble.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Hmm

Nice that Mickie gets a single match but yeah defo not a match I would have booked either.

I must admit I’m getting slightly worried about what a lot of these girls will end up doing in particular the likes of Ember, Asuka, Jax, Sasha and Bayley. We’ve got 3 matches locked in already with all the title matches still to be decided. It feels like a lot of girls who should be in competitive matches will either get overlooked for past women or just be dumped in a meh battle royal. Honestly there was so much potential with this show and it really feels like it won’t be met in the slightest.
    Last edited by CGS; 09-04-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Hmm

Nice that Mickie gets a single match but yeah defo not a match I would have booked either.

I must admit I’m getting slightly worried about what a lot of these girls will end up doing in particular the likes of Ember, Asuka, Jax, Sasha and Bayley. We’ve got 3 matches locked in already with all the title matches still to be decided. It feels like a lot of girls who should be in competitive matches will either get overlooked for past women or just be dumped in a meh battle royal. Honestly there was so much potential with this show and it really feels like it won’t be met in the slightest.
    Yeah the build has been beyond poor so far. There aren't many storylines in motion now and not a lot of time left to get them going.

Though there would be little to no reason to do it, I'd be down for Ember vs. Asuka one more time.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Yeah the build has been beyond poor so far. There aren't many storylines in motion now and not a lot of time left to get them going.

Though there would be little to no reason to do it, I'd be down for Ember vs. Asuka one more time.
    You and I both brother. Talk about two that need a Jumper Cable styled revival right now.

I wouldn't even mind seeing Ember getting the win over Asuka, just as long WWE does something with them on their respective brands. I mean Ember took a L tonight teaming with Dana, she shouldn't be involved with the bs going on with Titus Worldwide at all.

Real Women of Genius

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    They have 8 weeks, that’s plenty time to build matches. The problem they have is there’s two shows before that that they are also building to on TV and have to take priority over Evolution for the time being. I think things will improve after HIAC.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    They have 8 weeks, that’s plenty time to build matches. The problem they have is there’s two shows before that that they are also building to on TV and have to take priority over Evolution for the time being. I think things will improve after HIAC.
    That's the problem for me. Only a couple of the matches are getting attention right now and I don't see them planting the seeds yet to get us invested in much else. With the two other shows being promoted concurrently I doubt they will reel me in with anything super compelling in that time frame. Hopefully they defy my expectations.

The EST of WC

Status

They have plenty of time to build matches but not that much space left (without shoving people in multiman matches).

They’ve already got lined up:
    The MYC Final
    Bliss v Trish
    Lita v Mickie
    Raw women’s title match (Rumoured to be Ronda/Nikki)
    SD women’s title match (rumours right now of Charlotte/McCool But up in the air)
    NXT women’s title match
    U.K. women’s title match

Which is 7 right there. At most you have about 2-3 more matches (inc preshow) to fill quite a deep roster and no doubt bring a few more oldies into the fold.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

You know I just thought about it and I'm like who would Charlotte to me have a great Match with? McCool was okay, but what if WWE was able to get Awesome Kong aka Kharma face Charlotte for this Show? I would love to see how their Styles fit against each other in the Ring.

Real Women of Genius

Hail To The King

Status

They spoiled NXT uk title bout at my live event

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Have they even announced a date for the NXT UK show to start airing? If they don't get a move on the crowning of the UK Women's champion won't happen until after this show, which will make the whole thing look totally pointless.

THE MAN

Status

I'd be really shocked if they put a NXT UK womens title match on this show because like you guys say they probably won't have the show up in time so it spoils the result of the tournament, but it also could potentially spoil the MYC final because there's a few women who are in both tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    You know I just thought about it and I'm like who would Charlotte to me have a great Match with? McCool was okay, but what if WWE was able to get Awesome Kong aka Kharma face Charlotte for this Show? I would love to see how their Styles fit against each other in the Ring.
    I think they're missing a trick if they haven't at least asked he the question do you want to come back for an appearance at Evolution now that she stars in a wrestling related netflix show. I'd only book her in a battle royal though. Would be very surprised to see anything other than Charlotte Vs Becky for the SD title match.

The EST of WC

Status

The WWE did mention in their press release back in July that the UK women's title would be defended on the show as well....so we will see (I guess they could just go back on it and do a random match instead)

As for the women's title match I have a feeling they will blow through Becky/Charlotte over the next two shows in order to do something else for Evolution.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

The Charlotte/Asuka WM rematch wouldn't be a bad shout for this show

The EST of WC

Status

I still reckon they'll go with an oldie vs new vibe with the SD title match but Asuka/Charlotte once again would be incredible.

Status

I'd be really shocked if they put a NXT UK womens title match on this show because like you guys say they probably won't have the show up in time so it spoils the result of the tournament, but it also could potentially spoil the MYC final because there's a few women who are in both tournaments.

I think they're missing a trick if they haven't at least asked he the question do you want to come back for an appearance at Evolution now that she stars in a wrestling related netflix show. I'd only book her in a battle royal though. Would be very surprised to see anything other than Charlotte Vs Becky for the SD title match.
    I'll be damned, Awesome Kong IS Welfare Queen...

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Aaland

So they decided to book lita with Trisha v Mickie and Alexa , lita looked like she's been hitting the gym , on raw she doesn't look as bloated that's no offense to any women on here she looked really good. Trish looks stunning as always , Nikki Bella I like her as Person just her wrestling abilities aren't as good as today's talent , I'm not trying to be cool and be in with crowd by dissing her , it's just a fact , they have by passed all the decent talent and handed her a golden opportunity against Ronda which is a bit like throwing two fingers up to all the rest of the Raw woman's roster , who try week in week out to get a chance , suppose it's not what u know , it's who u know.

Shayna V Kairi looks good on paper but I was hoping it was gonna be the four hoursewomen v the faux hoursewomen that would of been bette since this was part of the women's revolution, the booking of this has been dreadfully booked.

Peace Y'all.

Looking at the final card, this looks like such a half assed job of putting together a show. It does not look as if it's been a show that the WWE has been building to for months. Sure, some things like Alexa Bliss' injury was out of their control, but it resembles an all women's house show rather than an actual PPV. You have Asuka, one of the most important women in the WWE in the last decade, reduced to just being one of the dozens in the battle royal? I don't even watch the weekly shows, but I know they've been teasing Bayley/Sasha Banks all year long, but they're just in some random six man tag? Two legends are wasted in a match against Alicia Fox? Even some of the big matches like Charlotte/Becky and Sane/Baszler come across as weak to me since they're rematches of rematches. I want to care about the Rousey match, but she's wrestling Nikki f'n Bella in a match with about 2 week's worth of build. The one match that feels 100% worthy of a big show is the Mae Young Classic finals.

It'll probably still be a pretty decent show, but at least on paper, it fails to feel important enough to be the culmination of a show months in the making.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

They should have turned the tag match into a triple threat with Alexa's injury. Fox kills the match completely.

Becky Vs Charlotte and the Mae Young Classic final feel worthwhile and big. I think Nikki and Ronda will surprise a lot of people too.

Not too fussed on the rest of the card. Bayley and Sasha should have had a match against one another - even if it was like that Briscoes match from 2007 where they have a match just to let off steam and try and work out their issues.

Asuka should have had her own match too.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

The EST of WC

Status

Its a real shame because the show had SO much potential but they half assed it in order to focus on Saudi Arabia.

Bayley/Sasha SHOULD have been built for this show. No two ways about it. Alexa being injured happens but fuck me they could have found someone better than Alicia fox. Asuka & Ember being shoved into a battle royal is ridiculous...why not do a Raw v SD match between the two of them or something just to add a bit more intrigue to the show. I get NXT UK started late but do they simply not get a match now? Bella getting a title match is hilarious but was always going to happen because WWE NEED Hollywood's acknowledgement.

I'm with you Jim on Sane/Baszler & Becky/Charlotte too. Match wise both will be great but they are rematches, something fresh would have been much better. Right now the MYC is the only match really taking my interest simply because the winner is up in the air and it'll actually be a fun match.

Thread Information