View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to an all women WWE PPV?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Yes! Yes!

16 64.00%
  • Indifferent

7 28.00%
  • Hell no

2 8.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE Evolution Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Evolution Discussion

Nikki vs. Ronda sounds dreadful.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Well the Bella's suddenly becoming the number one Ronda fans travelling to New York just for her title match (Brie literally not mentioning Bryan/Miz was hilarious in that interview) would suggest to me there's a lot of truth in these Nikki/Ronda rumours. That has to be the reason the shot that stuff last night, right?

I'm not sure why everyone's so down on it. It makes a lot of sense to me, Nikki and Ronda are the two biggest stars WWE will have on that show and them facing each other will get a lot of media attention. It's the right match to book. Ronda was wildly entertaining in a match with Alicia Fox, so I don't know why a match against Nikki would suck. It's not like Nikki is some 50 year old from the attitude era they are bringing back, she only semi-retired like a year ago and was runner up in the rumble.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well the Bella's suddenly becoming the number one Ronda fans travelling to New York just for her title match (Brie literally not mentioning Bryan/Miz was hilarious in that interview) would suggest to me there's a lot of truth in these Nikki/Ronda rumours. That has to be the reason the shot that stuff last night, right?

I'm not sure why everyone's so down on it. It makes a lot of sense to me, Nikki and Ronda are the two biggest stars WWE will have on that show and them facing each other will get a lot of media attention. It's the right match to book. Ronda was wildly entertaining in a match with Alicia Fox, so I don't know why a match against Nikki would suck. It's not like Nikki is some 50 year old from the attitude era they are bringing back, she only semi-retired like a year ago and was runner up in the rumble.
    Are you kidding me right the reason why I'm frustrated like alot of people with Ronda/Nikki is because Nikki to me isn't a huge star she's a blimp on the Radar and WWE thinks people want to see this. No one wants to Nikki who has wrestled in singles in ages get a random possibly Title Shot and not someone else more deserving. Not you might wondering then what about Trish right? Well Trish vs Alexa is different people want to see that, and Trish ain't coming to further her career she is there to give back to the sport that made her and helped her career become the Woman she is now. I'm glad people booed the Bellas last night they don't deserve to to be at there during Ronda's moment if you want to celebrate with her do it in the back, Natayla deserved to be there not the Bellas.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Longest Reigning Divas Champion ever
    3.5 million twitter followers
    7.6 million instagram followers
    Main star on two reality tv shows
    Is the closest female wrestler to Ronda in terms of google trends

After Ronda, who else is a bigger star than Nikki?

You are severely underrating her appeal to the 'WWE Universe' to suggest no-one wants to see her in a title match. Ronda got given a title match after the first match in her career because the champion challenged her so whether Nikki deserves a shot shouldn't be a hurdle in booking this.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Longest Reigning Divas Champion ever
    3.5 million twitter followers
    7.6 million instagram followers
    Main star on two reality tv shows
    Is the closest female wrestler to Ronda in terms of google trends

After Ronda, who else is a bigger star than Nikki?

You are severely underrating her appeal to the 'WWE Universe' to suggest no-one wants to see her in a title match. Ronda got given a title match after the first match in her career because the champion challenged her so whether Nikki deserves a shot shouldn't be a hurdle in booking this.
    I give two shits about followers and her popularity that she gained from her WWE days to be honest. It comes down to the Match and whether the Match is worth even doing to be honest. Right now Ronda needs a person who and teach her the ropes out there and Nikki isn't the girl for that job. I wonder how does this story even develop because Nikki I imagine is going to the Valley Girl/Mean Girls right if that makes sense acting as if Ronda is beneath her and you should feel honored to be in the Ring with me. Ronda breaks her in half from Pillar to Post she gains more followers from it and goes away again hooray. I'll give it a chance to watch Ed I always do, but I hope we get some better Matches to be added coming up soon.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I give two shits about followers and her popularity that she gained from her WWE days to be honest. It comes down to the Match and whether the Match is worth even doing to be honest.
    Yeah but WWE does and since they're the ones running the show I guess you'll have to get over it, if this match even happens. As far as the match itself goes, it's not like the company values 5 star matches over a healthy bottom line. If they cared about that they wouldn't be trotting out HHH and Undertaker's old carcasses for the Australia show.

This is arguably the biggest match they can run and it makes perfect sense to me. They aren't about to put a "better" wrestler in the ring with Ronda over one that can draw more eyes to the product.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I give two shits about followers and her popularity that she gained from her WWE days to be honest. It comes down to the Match and whether the Match is worth even doing to be honest. Right now Ronda needs a person who and teach her the ropes out there and Nikki isn't the girl for that job. I wonder how does this story even develop because Nikki I imagine is going to the Valley Girl/Mean Girls right if that makes sense acting as if Ronda is beneath her and you should feel honored to be in the Ring with me. Ronda breaks her in half from Pillar to Post she gains more followers from it and goes away again hooray. I'll give it a chance to watch Ed I always do, but I hope we get some better Matches to be added coming up soon.
    You can’t really follow up ‘nikki Isn’t as big as a star as she’s made out to be’ with ‘I don’t care about her popularity’. You don’t understand the point I’m making.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I totally get WHY they are doing a Nikki Cross vs Ronda Rousey match but I can't help but think this is a huge slap to the face of everyone who has worked hard in the past two years. I guess that's how the business is. They want more eyes on the show and this match will definitely do just that. Whilst I really don't want to see it, there are loads who might.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Prince Of Joshi

Status

You can’t really follow up ‘nikki Isn’t as big as a star as she’s made out to be’ with ‘I don’t care about her popularity’. You don’t understand the point I’m making.
    No..no I get what you're saying strike when the Iron is hot I get it. I don't like it, but I get it.

Still doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion that the Bellas shouldn't be involved in any Singles Matches from this Show.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 08-20-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Real Women of Genius

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Guys technically HoHo said that he does give two shits about it so there’s that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail To The King

Status

Why Nikki vs Ronda

rather see

Ronda vs. Lita
    Ronda vs. Trish
    Ronda vs. Beth Phoenix
    Ronda vs. Asuka
    Ronda vs. Charlotte as the ME raw vs sd champ!

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’m not down on Nikki vs Ronda at all. I’m excited to watch Rousey versus a mop at this point.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

yeah rousey vs bella makes sense as a draw but itll probably still be mediocre. there are atleast 5 matches they could run with the current women roster that would be big and a better match

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I totally get WHY they are doing a Nikki Cross vs Ronda Rousey match but I can't help but think this is a huge slap to the face of everyone who has worked hard in the past two years. I guess that's how the business is. They want more eyes on the show and this match will definitely do just that. Whilst I really don't want to see it, there are loads who might.
    This is a criticism that's easier to appreciate. My biggest concern when this show was announced was that they'd fill in the spots with part time returns and that the likes of Ember Moon, Ruby Riot and Naomi that already can't get a look in for PPVs aren't going to find it any easier on an all female show. On the flip side you've got something like the MYC II finals and Kairi in an NXT title match on this show which is a great opportunity for young stars. I think this show is gonna be more about celebrating the past, present and future of womens wrestling than it is putting on a show of the year contender or setting up Wrestlemania plans etc.

If it is Nikki/Ronda, I think that's quite telling in terms of not wanting to burn a big match for Ronda you could have at a Rumble or Mania with someone on the current roster like against Charlotte or Asuka.

Would be stunned if the SD womens title match isn't the obvious match based on last night's outcome. I think that's a match everyone would be happy with.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

This is a criticism that's easier to appreciate. My biggest concern when this show was announced was that they'd fill in the spots with part time returns and that the likes of Ember Moon, Ruby Riot and Naomi that already can't get a look in for PPVs aren't going to find it any easier on an all female show. On the flip side you've got something like the MYC II finals and Kairi in an NXT title match on this show which is a great opportunity for young stars. I think this show is gonna be more about celebrating the past, present and future of womens wrestling than it is putting on a show of the year contender or setting up Wrestlemania plans etc.

If it is Nikki/Ronda, I think that's quite telling in terms of not wanting to burn a big match for Ronda you could have at a Rumble or Mania with someone on the current roster like against Charlotte or Asuka.

Would be stunned if the SD womens title match isn't the obvious match based on last night's outcome. I think that's a match everyone would be happy with.
    Oh for sure from the Smackdown side, but I said asked last night is that really a turn or frustration like WWE pulled with Bayley on Sasha and it is Charlotte who is the one that turns in the end hmm? I hope they do this in the right way because the momentum they got from it was so awesome and I hope the feud is a killer one.

Real Women of Genius

WAKE UP

Status

didnt they announce there are going to be FIFTY women on this show? so how many workers deserving a singles/tag match get bumped to a battle royale?

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    didnt they announce there are going to be FIFTY women on this show? so how many workers deserving a singles/tag match get bumped to a battle royale?
    idk about deserving because it's not like the NXT/PC women really 'deserve' to be on a main roster PPV yet when they haven't made a Takeover appearance, but to reach 50 on the show they will have to put a lot of those talented girls from Full Sail into some 25 person battle royal.

Asuka's the one I worry about not being in something important because she's not doing anything currently and the SD title match doesn't look like it'll include her, so it's going to be something random at best. I would stick her in an interpromotional match with Ember Moon and play off their feud in NXT and Ember never getting the win over her.

Still unsure what they do about Sasha and Bayley.

Bet they stick Beth with Natalya, either singles or tag.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

idk about deserving because it's not like the NXT/PC women really 'deserve' to be on a main roster PPV yet when they haven't made a Takeover appearance, but to reach 50 on the show they will have to put a lot of those talented girls from Full Sail into some 25 person battle royal.

Asuka's the one I worry about not being in something important because she's not doing anything currently and the SD title match doesn't look like it'll include her, so it's going to be something random at best. I would stick her in an interpromotional match with Ember Moon and play off their feud in NXT and Ember never getting the win over her.

Still unsure what they do about Sasha and Bayley.

Bet they stick Beth with Natalya, either singles or tag.
    I said that is what WWE was planning since the Evolution and tagging thing started. I wonder why put them together for countless weeks to not do something with it down the road and Divas of Doom could have a very good Match with those young ladies.

Real Women of Genius

"Above Average"

Status

To me, it looks like every match is going to be a Past vs. Present type scenario, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing, but it's not what I would prefer to see for the "first ever" all women's PPV. To me, this makes it feel like a TNA One Night Only, which is ironic because that's where the all women's PPVs took place.

At this point, I would much rather see an all women's weekly show with one champion and tag team champions. The roster is more than big enough. They would already have too many women to feature every week. I don't get what the holdup is. My only guess would be that they won't pull the trigger because it would throw a monkey wrench into the advertising and product of Raw and SmackDown every week. For them to take women off of the shows would probably cause issues. But I think it would be a great idea and elevate the product if they could.

But back on topic, I'm going to try my best to hold off on all judgement. I always love getting to see Trish Stratus wrestle. I still think Beth Phoenix has what it takes to be a top worker on the roster today(don't you think it would be cool for a hall of famer to be an active member of the roster?), I think a match with Stephanie would be awesome because she's such a great addition to storylines, and most of all I'm anxious to see if anything carries over into the show involving the Charlotte and Becky feud. That should be a headliner.

I'm NOT looking forward to Ronda and Nikki if the rumors are true. I've never been a fan of either Bella twin. They just don't do anything for me and they come across as real bitches on their reality shows. Maybe not as much Brie, but still. And I don't feel like they've really ever gotten very good in the ring. Brie just copies her husband's moves and Nikki, while she comes up with cool moves and puts her body on the line, just doesn't connect with me. But regardless, Ronda can do no wrong for me. So I'll even give it a chance.

But, the rumors of Asuka and Kelly Kelly... Yikes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

I wouldn’t be against Ronda vs Nikki Bella for the possible spot of Nikki going for her elbow smash, and Ronda counters it into a judo throw followed by making Nikki tap with her arm breaker. I’ve always been a fan of both Bellas, more so Nikki than Brie but I do like Brie too and I don’t think Nikki is as bad in the ring as others think she is, imo. I like Ronda as well and the way she’s been booked in her matches it’s been fun to watch so I’m sure this wouldn’t be any different.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Thread Information