View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to an all women WWE PPV?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Yes! Yes!

16 64.00%
  • Indifferent

7 28.00%
  • Hell no

2 8.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE Evolution Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Evolution Discussion

Alexa Bliss vs. Trish Stratus announced for Evolution.

HOLY. SHIT!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

WWE just announced on twitter that Bliss will face Trish stratus on this Show

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Pretty fucking crazy to hear this news. Alot of people compared Bliss to Trish lately and this is easily the biggest Match of her career I wish her well in the Match. I wonder if they will try to get Lita in some kind of Tag Match of some kind as well especially with Trish involved.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Have any other women from the past been announced? I could see LayCool making a return to take on The Iiconics.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Have any other women from the past been announced? I could see LayCool making a return to take on The Iiconics.
    Bella Twins vs Laycool vs Iiconics Triple Threat Tag Team Match because why not. I wonder who Mains this Show maybe Triple Threat with the respective Women Champs from each brand or what? Also is it me or do I think WWE will have Lita in some kind of Tag Team Match maybe versus Bayley/Sasha?

Real Women of Genius

Status

Just Lita vs. Sasha would be pretty damn epic.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Work rate can go get effed for this particular match. Really just looking forward to seeing Stratus/Bliss go at it. A battle of generations in a sense. I'd argue that Bliss is one of the best women to play a heel character, similar to Trish back in the day. Can't wait to see this match.

Status

Trish gotta bring back the cowboy hat for this one.

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Just Lita vs. Sasha would be pretty damn epic.
    Dear God no, Lita was barely mobile at the rumble

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Dear God no, Lita was barely mobile at the rumble

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Ok maybe the idea is better than the reality.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Pretty surprised they picked 1 day before her title match to announce she's facing Trish next. The press release for this show said all titles would be on the line, so if Alexa's champ, Trish is getting a title shot. Maybe it's just me, but this announcement only increases the chances Ronda is winning the title tonight.

It's an interesting match to book because there are clear similarities between the two of them, coming into the business a different way never wrestling anywhere else, doing modelling/bodybuilding and getting noticed that way, making a breakthrough as a heel manager to a tag team but then quickly being a bigger star than her team and being a key player in the womens division.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Pretty surprised they picked 1 day before her title match to announce she's facing Trish next. The press release for this show said all titles would be on the line, so if Alexa's champ, Trish is getting a title shot. Maybe it's just me, but this announcement only increases the chances Ronda is winning the title tonight.

It's an interesting match to book because there are clear similarities between the two of them, coming into the business a different way never wrestling anywhere else, doing modelling/bodybuilding and getting noticed that way, making a breakthrough as a heel manager to a tag team but then quickly being a bigger star than her team and being a key player in the womens division.
    Hence why I hope they don't just treat this like some major exhibition match that doesn't need build. Trish needs to be making appearances on Raw to build this, because I feel the story they could tell due to their similarities could be pretty great.

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

I reckon someone fucked up and accidentally displayed the graphic. So they decided to just announce it themselves before the rumor really took off. Its a pretty big match so the random announcement on twitter felt pretty random. Seems like something that would have either been announced on the preshow or post Bliss's match tonight (Maybe even Raw tomorrow).

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    I reckon someone fucked up and accidentally displayed the graphic. So they decided to just announce it themselves before the rumor really took off. Its a pretty big match so the random announcement on twitter felt pretty random. Seems like something that would have either been announced on the preshow or post Bliss's match tonight (Maybe even Raw tomorrow).
    Could well be because when someone showed me the leaked picture they were showing to the Brooklyn crowd last night, the graphic didn't have Alexa holding the title.

WAKE UP

Status

would be interesting to pinpoint the exact point WWE preferred announcing stuff on social media rather than making an angle out it. another wasted opportunity

i am down for Bliss-Stratus mostly because i have no desire to watch either, so that is a fine piss break match for me. hopefully rousey wins the title because running that as a your title match would be so counter productive.

no more old hacks on the card please

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    no more old hacks on the card please
    Prepare to be disappointed Steve.

WAKE UP

Status

Very annoying, largely because they actually have enough decent workers on the roster they don't need to bring in hacks as long as they given all the matches enough time. I guess they don't have faith in the show getting enough buys or whatever metric they use for the Network without some more "names". I see a lot people raving about the Women's Rumble but I thought it succked and a large reason for that was all the golden oldies they had to pad the match out with.

The only one I can see not being terrible is Beth Phoenix.

There is probably about 15 workers on the roster currently who all could/should be on the show and would be better than someone like Lita or Mollie Hollie or whoever

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Very annoying, largely because they actually have enough decent workers on the roster they don't need to bring in hacks as long as they given all the matches enough time. I guess they don't have faith in the show getting enough buys or whatever metric they use for the Network without some more "names". I see a lot people raving about the Women's Rumble but I thought it succked and a large reason for that was all the golden oldies they had to pad the match out with.

The only one I can see not being terrible is Beth Phoenix.

There is probably about 15 workers on the roster currently who all could/should be on the show and would be better than someone like Lita or Mollie Hollie or whoever
    I'm assuming its just for the social media traction, not necessarily network "buys". Trish, Lita etc...returning for one more match obviously gives them more clicks/Chances of going viral than Carmella v Becky or Jax v Bliss. Shame really because they could easily drag 6-7 good matches from the current crop of girls across the 3 shows (not to mention the MYC final). I mean thats literally 2 matches each show + the MYC final.
    Last edited by CGS; 08-19-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Anyone hearing right now that WWE might be planning Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey in the Main Event of WWE Evolution? I saw it on Ringside News and heard that Meltzer was talking about[take that with a grain of salt] but I wanna see if somewhere before I go nuts. God I hope they don't make that Match with those two Nikki does not deserve to any kind of Single's Match with any Champion right now. The girl has been home for quite some time it would be spitting in the face of the more talented and more deserving ladies for that spot. I swear it is a WWE move to do putting a Rookie vs a TV Star who hasn't wrestled in singles in ages together and expect nothing less than Ronda getting cheers or people shitting the Match as a whole.

Real Women of Genius

The EST of WC

Status

Yeah my friend told me about it a little while ago and I call bullshit on it. It just makes zero sense.

Thread Information