View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to an all women WWE PPV?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Yes! Yes!

16 64.00%
  • Indifferent

7 28.00%
  • Hell no

2 8.00%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: WWE Evolution Discussion

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Evolution Discussion

about NXT UK

Spoiler:

I was really surprised that they went with Rhea over Toni, but the method in their madness is probably that they can see the big issue is it's a one star division and so if you build up Rhea as the second star you have a stronger division and a story of Toni chasing that's easier to buy into. As MYC2 winner though that does create a weird problem of surely Toni should be pushed at the moment.

Io in general had a low key tournament where she showed flashes of herself but didn't hit the heights we're used to seeing. Kairi acclimatized to WWE really quick which makes for a harsh comparison when people aren't blown away with Io atm. I think Io might take a little longer in that regard before we see her at her best.

Thinking that Nikki Vs Ronda should of been on Raw, let alone not the main event of this show, shows you're thinking in terms of who I like the most more than thinking of it like a business. Tickets didn't start moving for the show until Ronda Vs Nikki was announced, that's the match that filled the arena more than any other make no mistake about it, it's the two most famous people on the show. I'm sure people would love to believe that Nikki came out to crickets and half the crowd left after Charlotte/Becky they are that against giving her credit. I didn't think there was any other decision they could of made, Ronda had to main event that show, we're six months from Wrestlemania and IF she's main eventing that show, then she has to be main eventing the womens only show. I didn't see anything wrong with Nikki's performance either, but that's more a subjective issue.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    about NXT UK

Spoiler:

I was really surprised that they went with Rhea over Toni, but the method in their madness is probably that they can see the big issue is it's a one star division and so if you build up Rhea as the second star you have a stronger division and a story of Toni chasing that's easier to buy into. As MYC2 winner though that does create a weird problem of surely Toni should be pushed at the moment.

Io in general had a low key tournament where she showed flashes of herself but didn't hit the heights we're used to seeing. Kairi acclimatized to WWE really quick which makes for a harsh comparison when people aren't blown away with Io atm. I think Io might take a little longer in that regard before we see her at her best.

Thinking that Nikki Vs Ronda should of been on Raw, let alone not the main event of this show, shows you're thinking in terms of who I like the most more than thinking of it like a business. Tickets didn't start moving for the show until Ronda Vs Nikki was announced, that's the match that filled the arena more than any other make no mistake about it, it's the two most famous people on the show. I'm sure people would love to believe that Nikki came out to crickets and half the crowd left after Charlotte/Becky they are that against giving her credit. I didn't think there was any other decision they could of made, Ronda had to main event that show, we're six months from Wrestlemania and IF she's main eventing that show, then she has to be main eventing the womens only show. I didn't see anything wrong with Nikki's performance either, but that's more a subjective issue.
    To say that Nikki vs Ronda sold the Show, yeah I think it helped to a degree, but I'm not sure if the fan who showed was like I wanna see Nikki face Ronda. I would put it against fans wanting to see who from the past would be there while being invested in the other feuds just a little bit more in my opinion. I don't know man I swear and Ronda didn't help things tossing her around like she does, the real offense I saw from her that wasn't a headlock on the ground was the Alabama Slam and that's was deep into the Match by that point.

I totally agree with your point with Io, just hope everything works out for her and I get Io vs Kairi before Kairi moves up. If that happens in this scale I might really need a Doctor.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    about NXT UK

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

With the way they pushed Tegan Nox as the next big thing, it wouldn't surprise me if she was scheduled to win NXT UK Women's Title before she got injure. It would make sense with Rhea Ripley being the one in the match with her that they decided to go with her in Nox's place.

Status
      Country                    United States

I say this as someone who doesn't care for The Bella Twins... people were for sure there to see Nikki vs. Ronda. Casuals at least. The people that were there that are avid WWE watchers probably were more interested in Charlotte/Lynch and Sane/Baszler but I think a good portion of the crowd were drawn in by Nikki and Ronda. I mean Nikki was really putting in the work promotion this show. She appeared on Fallon for sure as well as Sneaker Shopping on Complex's YouTube channel (a really popular YouTube series). And I'm sure those are just a couple of the appearances she made. Meanwhile I didn't see a single other person on this card doing big press appearances.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Anyone who doesn't think the Bellas are a big deal are kidding themselves. I would have rather Becky and Charlotte closed the show but I can understand why WWE went with Nikki and Ronda since they're two of the biggest draws in the women's division.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    To say that Nikki vs Ronda sold the Show, yeah I think it helped to a degree, but I'm not sure if the fan who showed was like I wanna see Nikki face Ronda. I would put it against fans wanting to see who from the past would be there while being invested in the other feuds just a little bit more in my opinion. I don't know man I swear and Ronda didn't help things tossing her around like she does, the real offense I saw from her that wasn't a headlock on the ground was the Alabama Slam and that's was deep into the Match by that point.
    wrestling isn't just about moves, but from memory she hit the rack attack for her big nearfall and did a disaster kick so.

I totally agree with your point with Io, just hope everything works out for her and I get Io vs Kairi before Kairi moves up. If that happens in this scale I might really need a Doctor.
    I'm sure she'll get there. I think they'll be working as a tag team for the next few months but would be a nice match to build to for a Takeover in 2019.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah that TKO, yeah it's hard to remember because of what Ronda was doing. Still she's green 4 or 5 months from now Ronda she'll be way better especially with the Trainers and veteran talent there. ^Oh I expect that is the route they are going and Io and Kairi had some great Tags together as you might remember they were Trios Champs with Mayu in Stardom. I hope they do this.

Then Io's Moonsault to follow up.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Spoiler:

With the way they pushed Tegan Nox as the next big thing, it wouldn't surprise me if she was scheduled to win NXT UK Women's Title before she got injure. It would make sense with Rhea Ripley being the one in the match with her that they decided to go with her in Nox's place.
    Just saw Rhea's Halloween costume, yep they're definitely going there with the Rhea/Tegan feud

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

WAKE UP

Status

was on holiday so just watched some of this show. the production was universes better than the usual soulless bland WWE set-up, that alone makes this one of the best shows of the year. second half of the battle royale and the two main events were all pretty good. A shame Ember, Asuka and Nia are all firmly outside the title scene right now as they are 3 of the better workers on the female roster. MYC finals were fine, standard big match formular crammed into 10 minutes. Not seen much of either woman before but I imagine they have better in then. All of the Meiko matches were better though. Sane-Baslzer was OK, not as good as their first match though Sane's selling didn't ruin this like the first one. Baszler is probably my female worker on the roster, but Sane is pretty so-so. Some nice spots but way too Joshi. Becky-Charlotte was a good WWE prop-based match but nothing special or great, will probably be overated because the fued and what it represents. Hopefully Charlotte leaves the title picture for a long while. Rousey-Bella was a lot of fun and worked exactly how it should have been. Rousey IS still very green, but simultaneously very natural at some elements of pro wrestling and so far has proven to be consistently fun to watch.

Squash Fodder

Status

Only a little behind now, watched Evolution this afternoon. Have to say that was a pretty bloody enjoyable PPV. Even the weakest matches or those with less of a reason reason to care for them were decent enough. And fair play but the Ronda/Nikki match was so much better than I thought it could ever come close to being.

Good opener, and obvious win for Trish/Lita. Solid match, and the right match to open the PPV. Only problem was Alicia totally botching the pin breakup near the end.

The Battle Royal was fun enough. There's only such a level a BR can reach, really, but this was decent enough. Nia getting the win is cool.

The final of the MYC was one I was looking forward to despite having no interest in the MYC because I've heard great things about both women, and also Toni Storm is just ridiculously adorable and I think I love her more than Manon from Bake Off, which is going some. This was a really enjoyable match considering I have no experience of either competitor. I enjoyed the slower pace at the start, don't see much of it these days, though it did seem like they were doing the moves in super slo-mo for some reason. A cracking match and hopefully Storm will be on the main roster soon enough.

I didn't care much at all for 6-woman tag, 6 person tags never really hold my interest as they are 99% of the time just there as a reason to get a few more people on the card. Despite that, it was another enjoyable enough match with some good spots.

Like the MYC match, I have no knowledge of the NXT women so was again looking forward to this just to see what the fuss is about. Sane is lovely, so cute. Really good match, and hope Sane will be on the main roster soon too.

Becky vs Charlotte was really good. Some really good spots, though the moonsault on to the table and it not breaking until doing it the second time was an obvious botch. I will say, that it would have been nice for them to call an improvised spot there and do something different to put Becky through the table, as setting it up to do the same again just looks daft and breaks immersion a bit. Other than that, a really enjoyable match. Both women were on it, and I was hoping for a draw so that they could do something as a final blow-off match at Survivor Series.

Finally Ronda vs Nikki Bella. Already said it, but this was a really good match. Ronda is getting better and better, and quickly too, and Nikki really did a great job, which is probably not something I've said often. The pacing was really good here and it just flowed really well, and if anyone was arguing that Becky/Charlotte should have been last, they made more than enough of an argument for themselves being there instead.

The whole event proved BetaMale to be what we already knew, a class A moron.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information