Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

I'd play Alexis through the middle if fit to be honest...Rom needs a rest...but on the other hand the whole team needs a massive confidence boost, so they need a positive result here.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Seeing social media reports that there was a "major incident" after the Leicester match. Looks the helicopter belong to the Leicester owner crashed into a car park. Jesus.

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Seeing social media reports that there was a "major incident" after the Leicester match. Looks the helicopter belong to the Leicester owner crashed into a car park. Jesus.
    Yep looks and sounds nasty. I'd be very surprised to hear of any one on board surviving that. Fingers crossed though, especially for those leaving the stadium at that point. When you add this to Glenn Hoddle collapsing earlier, it's been a tough day for football.

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Can't imagine anyone has survived that. Apparently someone died at the Brighton game as well.

A day where bad results are put into perspective.

Established Veteran

Status

Didn't hear about the Brighton one, so that adds to it too. It really does put everything into perspective doesn't it. Life will always come first so and those in charge of the clubs social media account deserve credit for keeping that tradition up.

Status

A morning in the life of an Arsenal fan... Alarm goes at 7:15 on a Sunday, lumber out of bed. check the team sheet. See the central defensive partnership. Pray to the football gods that one of them can keep the other one calm and prevent them from making costly errors.

One defender is 26 years old, a World Cup winner, with 175 professional matches played.

The other is 23 years old, uncapped at the senior national team level, with under 25 professional matches played.

Unfortunately, Holding could not keep Mustafi from Mustafi'ing.

Not too fussed over the result. A bit disappointed, but we didn't play particular well, and Emery faltered on a few decisions today. Injuries didn't help us - our starting fullbacks, against one of the better wingers in the league, are a 34 year old and a DM who sucks defensively when he plays DM. The ref stunk - I won't argue either pen, but he missed a couple of pretty key shirt pulls in addition to Laca's handball.

Status

Well fuck me. I was ready to get battered. I would have happily taken a 1-1 draw against Liverpool if offered ahead of time. But to get that and feel like we played enough that its almost 2 dropped points.... that's a good feeling. Liverpool played decently well too and had some chances. I did not like Auba going off when he did - I think his pace was one of our best weapons. And holy hell is Torreira a differnce maker for us. Kolasinac looked less clumsy than usual. And Rob Holding is slowly becoming our best defender.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

We won! Fuck knows how we managed it because we got outplayed all game and Watford missed about 4 sitters, but we won!

And somehow we're out of the bottom three!

Liverpool haven't been great this year but they're undefeated and right in the title mix. Heaven help the league if they start clicking like they did in the second half of last season. The injury to KDB has at least given some teams a chance but City are so good and Pep is such a dominant league manager that I can't see any team stopping them this season. KDB or not.

Established Veteran

Status

I'm really surprised that game only ended 1-1. Both sides should have scored more, but a point a piece was probably the right result in the end.

Jose got lucky again.....bet he can't wait for January to be screwed in the transfer market again haha

Established Veteran

Status

A draw was about the right result in the end. Too bad we didn’t end Liverpool’s unbeaten run but we deserved to get something out of this game. Pleased with the performance. Last season we would have probably lost this game 3 or 4-1. This game was the first major test for Unai Emery and now he has us much better organised. Definite progress since the first two tough games of the season that we lost. Arsenal’s progression under Emery has been much quicker than I expected. Good to see Emery on the touchline motivating the team.

Shame we dropped points to Palace last week, but this performance against Liverpool is a good result to build on. Didn’t agree with Auba coming off when we were chasing a goal, glad we got the point. Great finish by Laca. Torreira is a gem of a player and he’s only 22. This was probably Xhaka’s best ever Arsenal performance. Also a great game for Holding. He’s improving so much under Emery.

Arsenal still have issues like slow starts and our defending but hopefully Emery gets that sorted out soon. We need to be more clinical as we wasted a lot of good chances. Arsenal have got a lot of points from losing positions but now we need to try to stop getting into losing positions. Unbeaten for 14 games now, just need to improve game by game.

Established Veteran

Status

Well the big one is tomorrow....United can't fall behind against City to get a positive result. I know they did it last season but that is a freak for me. I know this United team are very resilient at the moment are have almost turned a corner...however you can't give this side an easy start...so i'll be interested to see how Jose lines the team up tomorrow.

Established Veteran

Status

City have started really well...I dread to think how many this could be at this rate.....

Underdog

Status
      Country                    France

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    City have started really well...I dread to think how many this could be at this rate.....
    It ended up being quite respectful score in the end. That final goal though...the patience City showed in build up play and keeping the ball was world class

Conquering the Land of the Giants - A WWF 1993 BTB

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

No complaints from me, City by far the better team. We rode our luck against Juve midweek and this time City punished us with each chance really.

Soon as I seen no Pogba and that midfield three, any small optimism was long gone.

Only positive of the game was Martial continuing his scoring run albeit from the penalty spot.

Big win for Cardiff City. I was at the game and the place was jumping!
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

Thread Information