Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

Man its so nice not to be the butt of the jokes in the prem anymore. Chelsea, United & Arsenal doing us a great service (Pls dont fuckup tomorrow now Pool)

Status

Mourinho In forever. I hope Woodward shows faith with poor, abused Jose by giving him a new bumper long-term contract.

Anyone else have a hearty laugh yesterday morning reading Mourinho's comments about "class". Ahhh... IRONY....

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Well from this early stage you have to say top three will be Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea with the rest fighting for fourth.

Brighton thoroughly deserved those three points today. United's defending was awful at times, will be expecting a few changes for the next game.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

I think it is way too early to even discuss what the end of the season could look like.

Awful display by Utd with no real good points. We were toothless and even when we were 2 goals down, there was no attacking intent, too happy to pass from left to right. Bailly's performance was awful but I think Lukaku has missed a lot of ire too, the guy brought nothing to the game and when Fred & Pogba actually looked like they could have made something happen, Lukaku was nowhere to be seen. Lukaku can be guilty of that from time to time too. Even with 10 minutes to go, it seemed so easy for Utd to just pass the ball between Bailly & Lindelof, who the latter is just awful, I have seen nothing that looks as a positive whenever he plays.

Mourinho's comments after the match about not criticising individual players is eye rolling but I was at least happy to see Pogba taking responsibility, you've said you weren't motivated so now make sure you are motivated in the next game. Also, as bad as we were, changing players out is the wrong move. I would argue that a high percentage of the problems Utd have compared to other teams is because the team is never the same, how can a defence ever be solid if they are not playing week in and week out?

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Dele, Eriksen and Kane will run riot if the defence put's that kind of performance in again next Monday! Though Spurs is always one of those games where you'd expect a Man Utd win at OT.....
    I have a plan so cunning......

Internet Favorite

Status

Mourinho in! Great result. Brightoned up my day.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Well from this early stage you have to say top three will be Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea with the rest fighting for fourth.

Brighton thoroughly deserved those three points today. United's defending was awful at times, will be expecting a few changes for the next game.
    Harsh on Spurs.

I do agree City and Pool are the two strongest teams though - feels like them two for the title, Chelsea, Spurs & United for 3rd and 4th. Looks like Emery will take a while to get more out of Arsenal who are suffering from exactly the same problems at the end of Wenger's reign. Big fan of Guendouzi so far though.

On another note, that fella Brooks that Bournemouth signed from the Blades looks like a baller.

Now for the obvious discussion of how god awful United are.

Young is done, hard to believe he was in the starting XI for England this summer - although he was a clear weak link.

Two CB's are just a fucking shambles. Bailly looks like he's playing on ice half the time. Alright at least Bailly does have some potential but I don't think he'll ever fulfil it as he's just too eager to dive in (bit like Otamendi only far worse) and never seems to learn. Hopefully some United fans will start to see now that he is not our best CB. I can only presume Smalling is injured?

I like Shaw but he still doesn't look half the player he was. I think he's poor defensively and doesn't really drive forward as much as you'd really want from a full-back - again hoping he can grow with time. Not sure he'll ever get there defensively though, which is why I presume Jose isn't a fan.

Pogba & Fred were shite. Wingers all terrible. I can usually pick at least one player who I'd give some credit to after a match but I genuinely can't on this occasion.

Usually I blame Jose for his dour, defensive tactics too but this time I don't think he was that much to blame. Fair play to Brighton though, they played well. Defended well second half & Murray was great up top - loved that cheeky finish.

And he scores goals...!

Thread Information