Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

Status

Re: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

This is a weird thought, since there is plenty of season left to play and so many dynamics can shift quickly - other competitions, injuries, and form. But I have this lingering feeling that Liverpool have thrown away their chance and may not have the mentality to pull back. Its not like they have fallen way behind and I know they have a game in hand, but I just have this "chance gone" vibe, much like when Gallas ended Arsenal's 2008 title hopes. It took months to play out, but there was a clear sense of what was happening.

Klopp being obviously deflective and trying to blame the ref for "making up for" the lineman's first half decision didn't fill me with any confidence that he has the ability to get his side back on track. Hopeful, but....

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    This is a weird thought, since there is plenty of season left to play and so many dynamics can shift quickly - other competitions, injuries, and form. But I have this lingering feeling that Liverpool have thrown away their chance and may not have the mentality to pull back. Its not like they have fallen way behind and I know they have a game in hand, but I just have this "chance gone" vibe, much like when Gallas ended Arsenal's 2008 title hopes. It took months to play out, but there was a clear sense of what was happening.

Klopp being obviously deflective and trying to blame the ref for "making up for" the lineman's first half decision didn't fill me with any confidence that he has the ability to get his side back on track. Hopeful, but....
    I completely agree. Klopp is in danger of pulling a Keegan and the momentum has been sucked out of Liverpool's title challenge. If Liverpool were to win the league they needed to stay a fair bit ahead imo. City have such a strong squad that if they are ever neck and neck in the title race, you have to give the edge to City.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Agree with you on that front. You also have to believe the silly amount of luck they've been having with decisions will turn as they tend to even themselves out over the season.
    I have a plan so cunning......

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

City are definitely back to being favourites.

Klopp is the most irritating manager in the league now that Jose is gone.

The excuses he comes up with are ridiculous - to basically say getting an offside goal cost his team the game was hilarious. They've been fortunate to pick up any points the last couple of games.

And he scores goals...!

Status

It doesn't help that Salah now clearly has a reputation for diving and that is going to impact ref decisions when he does get legit fouled.

I've liked Klopp since he first came to the fore with Dortmund's first title winning season. There are dynamics of his personality that I really like. But I wonder a bit about his motivating. His last season at Dortmund was a horror-show shit-mess.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I know it's Bournemouth home, but Liverpool really are such a better side in a 433 still, in my opinion. The 4231 was getting results, but the performances were not usually very good, all things considered. A stroke of luck here, a scrappy performance there. The 2 really does help solidify and protect the back line a bit more, but we have the personnel much more for the 433.

It also clearly helps having Gini back who low key has been one of the best players in the league this season, and an acclimated Fabinho too. But Mo Salah is much better coming off the right like he did today, and Bobby is better in the 9 than 10 too.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Croatia

What a performance by Paul Pogba. This guy is unbelieavable.
    Give Ole a full time contract already. Man United haven't played this way since SAF era. I really think that Man United can beat PSG on Tuesday. #GGMU

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Another masterclass from Pogba today, driving us forward. Crazy to me that some United fans wanted him out. The haters and doubters have truly gone in hiding because he's back to his best right now and consistently too which is what everyone wanted to see.

Goal from Martial was a beauty. Reminded me of Ronaldo's at Craven Cottage many years ago.

Glad to see Smalling back too. I'm one of the few that seems to like him and he was good today. Marked Mitrovic out of the game. That said- I'd go with Lindelof and Bailly vs PSG on Tuesday. Nervous but also super excited for that game. Come on United!! <3
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

Established Veteran

Status

United also played the conditions a lot better than Fulham and that helped. I'm a little surprised he didn't plump to have another youngster on the bench today too given the run of games coming up but that's a minor complaint.

Status

Brighton got fucked good and proper by the ref today.

Arsenal won UGLY today. We did not play well at all. Outperformed by fucking Huddersfield. Lucky to get a 2-1 win. Not gonna bitch too much because I keep saying that results matter more than performance at the moment, and we reached the current points total 5 matches faster than last year. So progress.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

That Fulham side are abysmal. I don't think United have had an easier match this season. They didn't test us at all and in defence they are truly woeful. With a better final ball could have easily been six or seven. Really looking forward to the proper test of PSG on Tuesday now. Let's see if Pogba can do it against them.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status

Brighton got fucked good and proper by the ref today.

Arsenal won UGLY today. We did not play well at all. Outperformed by fucking Huddersfield. Lucky to get a 2-1 win. Not gonna bitch too much because I keep saying that results matter more than performance at the moment, and we reached the current points total 5 matches faster than last year. So progress.
    good. Brighton are only in the fa Cup still because of a terrible call in our replay.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Pogba's form since Jose left is hilarious. Literally cannot make it up. Looks like Man U will make top 4 for sure this season. Just doesn't seem like they will slow down.

Great to see us win again too. Needed that pick me up after the last few weeks. Hopefully we can kick on from it.

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Pogba's form since Jose left is hilarious. Literally cannot make it up. Looks like Man U will make top 4 for sure this season. Just doesn't seem like they will slow down.

Great to see us win again too. Needed that pick me up after the last few weeks. Hopefully we can kick on from it.
    That's purely down to the fact Ole has given him the freedom to play his own game by having two more defensive minded midfielders behind him. Plus Pogba wasn't exactly trying his best at times with Mourinho.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

4-0 by 26 minutes. Embarrassing performance by Chelsea. I fully expect Chelsea to have a different manager by the end of next week. Let's see if they turn it around in the second half.

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    4-0 by 26 minutes. Embarrassing performance by Chelsea. I fully expect Chelsea to have a different manager by the end of next week. Let's see if they turn it around in the second half.
    Not sure they'll sack Sarri. Still on for a top 4 and still in the FA Cup and Europa League aren't they. He'll need another season to get it right not even Roman would be this trigger happy surely.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Not sure they'll sack Sarri. Still on for a top 4 and still in the FA Cup and Europa League aren't they. He'll need another season to get it right not even Roman would be this trigger happy surely.

Perhaps but there is tons of discontent with Chelsea fans and the board almost always demands success. If they don't get top 4 or CL in someway, I don't see Sarri lasting.

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status

As bad as this is, they won't sack the manager a few weeks before a cup final.

Main Eventer

Status

Pathetic. Couple of players need to be shown the door before the manager. You can’t bring a manager in and give him just two signings of significance, one being an inflated fee for a GK.

Luiz and Alonso really infuriate me. Same goes for Pedro. Lazy!!!

Rather have kept Nathan Ake than forced Luiz to play as part of s bsck four.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

There's something seriously wrong and toxic behind the scenes at Chelsea. The whole culture of the players is rotten.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Thread Information