Re: Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    They are backed by the government.
    That would explain it

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Croatia

It seems that Chelsea is back on track. But Everton, oh my...
    Tommorow is a very important game for United because the win against Leicester would be a huge step towards the 4th place. I'm sure that City is strong enough to beat both Arsenal and Chelsea.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Beating Huddersfield isn't anything to shout about at the moment, the vast majority are going to turn them over with ease.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Beating Huddersfield isn't anything to shout about at the moment, the vast majority are going to turn them over with ease.
    I agree about Huddersfield part but it is certainly a step forward compared to their Wednesday match.

Established Veteran

Status

Not surprised that Arsenal lost as this result was expected. When I looked at our starting line up, I was expecting a heavy defeat. 3-1 isn’t that bad with a shit defence. It could have been worse. What annoyed me the most was that we let in a goal in less than a minute.

Poor tactics and team selection from Emery today. Strange decision not to start Ozil and Ramsey. Denis Suarez made his debut today when he came on in the second half. Ozil’s our highest paid player yet Emery continues to leave him out. Ozil is likely to be off in the Summer.

Now Man Utd are ahead of us. They’re in great form. Arsenal need to get a winning run going again as we’ve done this before in the first half of the season. It will be tough. The Europa League is probably our best chance in getting back into the CL. Hopefully Man City beat Chelsea next Sunday. We need to bounce back next week with a win against Championship bound Huddersfield.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Big, big win today. We didn't play well to be honest but three points are what count. Pogba's assist for Rashford was unbelievable. Also, thanks to City for beating Arsenal. Keep it up and beat Chelsea next week
    I hope that we will be able to rest some players next week(particularly Pogba) and still get 3 points from Fulham.

Certified G

Status

I love how Arsenal have so many defensive injuries and just a terrible defense in general but decide to bring in another attacking player over a defender in the January transfer window.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkman View Post
    I love how Arsenal have so many defensive injuries and just a terrible defense in general but decide to bring in another attacking player over a defender in the January transfer window.
    The most Arsenal of things. I did talk about it a bit in the transfer thread and there are logical justifications for it - cost for players that are a clear upgrade, not being sure of having Champions League incomes versus Europe League, etc. But honestly, the spot that worries me most is RB. Bellerin is one of our most important attacking players and honestly can't really be directly replaced. Maitland-Niles has potential but he's not a future RB, while Lichesteiner was brought in as a veteran voice who was never expected to play regularly. Getting an attacking force at RB would be costly, especially one without significant defensive liabilities, and there are then concerns about them being relegated to a backup role once Bellerin is back, etc. I don't love us not reinforcing.... but I do get it.

As for the City match... expected result. Frustrating that we can play so well in certain ways and for certain periods, but concede three goals that are pretty fucking basic. Defensive issues are apparently a forever thing with us.

Apparently there were some of our supporters freaking out afterward. Calling for the manager's head, I assume. Did not see any of that level of reactionary approach on my timelines but I don't doubt that there are those like that. Think some Gooners are just addicted to the drama of being massively reactionary at this point. Just have some fucking patience.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

West Ham are 8/1 to win tonight. I mean Liverpool should win but West Ham at home can always cause a surprise and Liverpool are coming off a draw with Leicester at Anfield...
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Ugh another game thrown away. Going through a really bad rough patch at the moment. Chances are City will overtake us on Wednesday now.

Really hope we can find a way to grind out results again because it would be super frustrating to have such a great season and still lose the league.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

Great game for a neutral to watch last night, Anderson was quality all night for West Ham and Liverpool couldn’t contain him.

Plenty of the ball from Liverpool last night but not much quality which is a shock in the final third of the pitch.

Defending from set pieces were poor and could of easy conceded three goals from them last night, we’re lucky to get away with only one going in, it’s a massive area they need to work on because if they don’t bigger teams in the top six will punish them time and time again.

The quality is there for Liverpool to win this league but I can’t see City failing to beat Everton tomorrow so it’s blown well and truly open this title race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

Status

Liverpool look determined to throw this away. Which is disappointing. Far from over, of course. But they need to recover their mentality. Hard not to look at it as a mentality thing, too. I figured Klopp would have them calm and on point, but just doesn't seem to be the case.

And HOLY FUCK how was the offside missed? BRUTAL non-call. I got annoyed at the rather plain Aguero arm-ball in the City-Arsenal match, but it wasn't intentional and probably didn't really impact the final result. But Liverpool got a complete gift there. Some absolutely shit referring that has a legit impact on the outcome of matches.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Say My Name

Status

I'm supporting Spurs for the title. Would be so good and I hate Liverpool and City
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I'm supporting Spurs for the title. Would be so good and I hate Liverpool and City
    I can't do it. I think the narrative would be great, and overcoming the MASSIVE spending of City and pretty big spending of Liverpool is good for the game. A good buddy of mine is also a Spurs supporter. But yeah, I just can't get behind it.

The upside to Spurs continuing to do well is that I can continue to point out that Poch is getting praised for almost exactly the same thing that the football media continually BLASTED Arsene Wenger for, year after year.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Relentless Admin

Status

Liverpool need to win the title this season otherwise VAR is gonna cost them a good 10 points next year.

The pressure is getting to Klopp, he's cracking.

Status

I love the dynamic of him blaming the ref for their second half performance when the call was completely and utterly wrong IN THEIR FAVOR. Basically "Well, he really screwed us over by allowing that goal to stand when it shouldn't have."

Do love the West Ham fans chanting at Salah that he was going to dive soon. I love Salah's goals, but the man has a diving issue and gotta take your medicine. Not saying he's a "worse" diver than others in the Prem, but some of his simulations have been poor (work on that, bro) and he has to know he's being watched now. Its not like he's a player who never gets the call and has no choice but resort to this.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

It wasn't as if it was a tight offside decision either. Liverpool do need to win the title this season given the ridiculous luck they have had with Salah dives and very questionable decisions going their way. Pep has also upped the mind game ante by saying that Spurs, Chelsea or Man Utd could still win the league this season

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    It wasn't as if it was a tight offside decision either. Liverpool do need to win the title this season given the ridiculous luck they have had with Salah dives and very questionable decisions going their way. Pep has also upped the mind game ante by saying that Spurs, Chelsea or Man Utd could still win the league this season
    You left out Arsenal, Baldrick

Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    You left out Arsenal, Baldrick

Pep did...who am I to argue with Pep?

Cider 'I' Up

Status

City with a victory that to be fair everyone did see coming, with that new league leaders (on GD) despite City playing one more game, the pressure is well and truly on Liverpool now when they host Bournemouth and to be honest I do expect them to win, home advantage will make them feel far much more confident than they did at West Ham but keeping it up without any more twists and turns with far more difficult top six fixtures to come for both teams, could get very tasty indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

Thread Information