Thread: The Fink suffers massive stroke.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status
      Country                    United States

The Fink suffers massive stroke.

Legendary WWE ring announcer Howard Finkel is struggling with major health issues, according to Jerry Lawler on this week's Dinner With The King podcast.Though Lawler concedes that he doesn't know what the exact problem is, he claimed to have "heard not long ago that Howard is in really, really bad health. Not good at all."
    'King' speculated that "he may have had a stroke," adding that he "isn't sure, but I just know that he isn't doing well."
    Finkel was last seen introducing The Undertaker on Raw's 25th anniversary special in January. He began working for Vince McMahon Sr. back in 1975, and moved to ring announcing duties the following year, eventually becoming the benchmark against which all others would be judged, with his deep, booming delivery tailor-made for the role.
    He fell out of regularly WWE rotation in the early-2000s, but Finkel's unbroken 43-year tenure makes him the company's longest-serving employee. Up until last year, he remained a regular WrestleMania fixture, conducting WWE's Hall Of Fame announcements, but this job has since been passed on to other announcers.
    We wish the legendary 'Fink' and his family all the best for a speedy recovery.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-hall-...eported-stroke
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Re: The Fink suffers massive stroke.

I hope he gets past it and pins that stroke for the 1, 2, 3.

Fink is such a legendary figure in the business. Losing him would just destroy me inside.

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

He showed great loyalty to the WWE for 43 years.

It will be a huge loss to the company if he ends up losing the battle.

Pull through Fink~!

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Much like everybody else has said, my fingers are crossed that The Fink pulls through. A legendary figure that's for sure.

"Above Average"

Status

Not sure how true it is, but I've always heard that Fink was the first employee hired by Vince and Linda when Vince took over from his dad. He's the REAL voice of the WWE and that will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    Not sure how true it is, but I've always heard that Fink was the first employee hired by Vince and Linda when Vince took over from his dad. He's the REAL voice of the WWE and that will never change.
    Yes and no.

It's true that The Fink was Vince Jr's first hire, but Finkel had been working for the WWE for a few years prior to that point. You can go on the WWE Network and see Fink doing announcing at MSG way back in 1977. Once Vince Jr took over though, it was much more of an example of The Fink becoming the WWE's top announcer, now replacing the old announcers that Vince Sr. had used as his main ones.

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Yes and no.

It's true that The Fink was Vince Jr's first hire, but Finkel had been working for the WWE for a few years prior to that point. You can go on the WWE Network and see Fink doing announcing at MSG way back in 1977. Once Vince Jr took over though, it was much more of an example of The Fink becoming the WWE's top announcer, now replacing the old announcers that Vince Sr. had used as his main ones.
    I knew Fink had already been with the company for years before Jr took over. I had just always heard that he was Jr’s first “official” hire. Whether or not that’s true, I don’t know. Makes for a cool story though.

Thread Information