Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hulk Hogan reinstated into WWE Hall of Fame

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Hulk Hogan reinstated into WWE Hall of Fame

STAMFORD, Conn. — After a three-year suspension, Hulk Hogan has been reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame. This second chance follows Hogan’s numerous public apologies and volunteering to work with young people, where he is helping them learn from his mistake. These efforts led to a recent induction into the Boys & Girls Clubs of America Alumni Hall of Fame

Source: https://www.wwe.com/article/hulk-hog...?sf193730743=1
    Shouldn't come as a shock to anyone tbh. Was always a matter of when it would happen rather than if it would happen. Hogan was always to big of a name to be treated Like Benoit or Chyna.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Hulk Hogan reinstated into WWE Hall of Fame

Days after ROH/NJPW announce their MSG date, were they worried Cody would challenge Terry?

I actually half expected him to be on the show tonight because he's been spotted in town. Him returning to WWE was inevitable and I don't see him being in the HOF as something worth ranting about, but I've zero desire to see him on-screen again for WWE. They have much bigger problems at the moment and that isn't helped by Hogan showing up and cutting brother promos that put no-one over.

God Mode

Status
      Country                    United States

As long as he doesn't try and wrestle again, that's fine.

Just stay off TV.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Yeah look, controversial bullshit aside, it doesn't feel right that Hogan wasn't in the HOF. There wouldn't be a WWE HOF if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan. Everything in the world is right again.

I do agree with the sentiments above though. He should not be back on tv... Ever.

Status

Hogan should win the Universal Championship off Brock if we're being honest.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Hogan should win the Universal Championship off Brock if we're being honest.
    Absolutely. The pop would be ridiculous and the nerdrage around here would be downright orgasmic.

Anyone saying he shouldn't be on tv has totally lost touch with reality. Of course he's going to be on tv, he's Hulk Hogan, arguably the most recognizable face the company has ever had. If they didn't put him out there they'd be stupid.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

God Mode

Status

Yeah, but you're forgetting the part were Hulk Hogan sucks.

I am the storm.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Yeah, but you're forgetting the part were Hulk Hogan sucks.
    Lol real good argument there that totally does nothing to negate the point I made.

You can dislike the guy all you want but it doesn’t change anything in regards to his popularity amongst casuals AND a large portion of the WWE Universe.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

God Mode

Status

Popularity doesn't equate to skill.

I think Kardashians quite prove that point.

I don't dislike him, really. I definitely think he's got some issues. But I think having to rely on old talent and focusing on crutching that, be it talent from 15 years ago or 20, or more...is never a good thing, and a waste of time that could be spent developing and focusing on new talent that is getting the shaft to put these guys over. In example, burying people just to throw to cheap pops for DX Reunions, etc.

I am the storm.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

Raw’s ratings have been in the toilet lately, so an appareance from Hulk Hogan will get people watching. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on Raw soon; it’s inevitable.

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing him again; especially just to hear his theme music again.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I think he needs to be squashed by Titus O’Neil on Black History Month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

I think WWE it testing the waters, but in today's climate I'm not sure how they get around his insanely racist comments. Shit was really fucking bad. Al though they didn't have much backlash with Warrior, who said he equally if not way worse shit.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

There's been some interesting statements today from some of WWE's black wrestlers. Good for them for speaking up:

Kofi Kingston speaking on behalf of New Day:

Titus O'Neil:

"Above Average"

Status

So, regarding my opinion on Hogan being reinstated, I think it's great. It's kind of weird for me because, since I can remember, I haven't been a fan of Hogan at all. I absolutely was a Hulkamaniac when I was a kid. But when I was old enough to understand what was going on, I became aware of his politics in the business and to this day I'm not a fan of that. But recently, I took to the Tube of You to do a little more investigating on Terry Bolea the person. The common quote from probably 8 or 9 out of 10 was "I've heard all the stories, but I have nothing but positive experiences with Hulk."

I think everyone should voice their opinions. I think everyone should speak up if they have concerns. And one thing I realize is that I'm white and I may not have the same credibility to speak on issues like this and how they effect the black community. As someone who was born and raised in southeast Arkansas, I can honestly tell you I probably hear the N word being used on a daily basis by people of all colors. Does that make it right? Absolutely not. And what I'm about to say should not be taken as me suggesting that Hogan falls under this category or that he should be given a break in any way. But do you ever consider that some words are used without taking the time to actually think about their effects on others?

I hear(just as often) people using the word "retarded" in a derogatory context towards people, things, and ideas. And that's the word that offends me more than any other. All my life, I've had a spot in my heart for people with handicaps. Without going to personal with my details, I'll just say that it breaks my heart when I hear people so carelessly using the term as an insult. It's ignorant and wrong. Not just morally, but it's not even the term to use for something like that anyway, yet people don't take the time to learn that. Kind of ironic.

My point is I know what it's like to be offended by words. I know it's not really the same, but I have enough experience with the situation in my personal life that I can tell anyone who listens that it hurts and it's offensive. But I do realize that a lot of people use the word without thinking about what it is that they're actually saying.

The N word is so prominent in the world and in culture today. If you ever listen to rap, it's hard to find a song that doesn't have the N word in it. It's a slang word for some people now. Plain and simple, some people say it without meaning anything by it. That's the kind of world we live in.

I could go on and on about it. The simple fact is we all have our opinions on the situation. I'm just trying to play the middle man and see both sides of it. When it comes down to it, what I say about it really doesn't hold any merit because I wasn't affected by it. What matters are the steps he takes to prove that he's sorry. Like my old mentor used to tell me, realize you fucked up, make it right, and move on. That's all you can do.

I'm a fan of Hogan and I hope for his sake that he means what he says and that he really has changed.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    So, regarding my opinion on Hogan being reinstated, I think it's great. It's kind of weird for me because, since I can remember, I haven't been a fan of Hogan at all. I absolutely was a Hulkamaniac when I was a kid. But when I was old enough to understand what was going on, I became aware of his politics in the business and to this day I'm not a fan of that. But recently, I took to the Tube of You to do a little more investigating on Terry Bolea the person. The common quote from probably 8 or 9 out of 10 was "I've heard all the stories, but I have nothing but positive experiences with Hulk."

I think everyone should voice their opinions. I think everyone should speak up if they have concerns. And one thing I realize is that I'm white and I may not have the same credibility to speak on issues like this and how they effect the black community. As someone who was born and raised in southeast Arkansas, I can honestly tell you I probably hear the N word being used on a daily basis by people of all colors. Does that make it right? Absolutely not. And what I'm about to say should not be taken as me suggesting that Hogan falls under this category or that he should be given a break in any way. But do you ever consider that some words are used without taking the time to actually think about their effects on others?

I hear(just as often) people using the word "retarded" in a derogatory context towards people, things, and ideas. And that's the word that offends me more than any other. All my life, I've had a spot in my heart for people with handicaps. Without going to personal with my details, I'll just say that it breaks my heart when I hear people so carelessly using the term as an insult. It's ignorant and wrong. Not just morally, but it's not even the term to use for something like that anyway, yet people don't take the time to learn that. Kind of ironic.

My point is I know what it's like to be offended by words. I know it's not really the same, but I have enough experience with the situation in my personal life that I can tell anyone who listens that it hurts and it's offensive. But I do realize that a lot of people use the word without thinking about what it is that they're actually saying.

The N word is so prominent in the world and in culture today. If you ever listen to rap, it's hard to find a song that doesn't have the N word in it. It's a slang word for some people now. Plain and simple, some people say it without meaning anything by it. That's the kind of world we live in.

I could go on and on about it. The simple fact is we all have our opinions on the situation. I'm just trying to play the middle man and see both sides of it. When it comes down to it, what I say about it really doesn't hold any merit because I wasn't affected by it. What matters are the steps he takes to prove that he's sorry. Like my old mentor used to tell me, realize you fucked up, make it right, and move on. That's all you can do.

I'm a fan of Hogan and I hope for his sake that he means what he says and that he really has changed.
    But the issue at question isn't that he said the n word and only the n word and then everyone jumped to conclusions that he's racist. it's that he said 'I am racist, to a point, fucking n*****s' in a conversation about his daughter sleeping with a black man and him not being ok about it. You can say that word without being racist because like you say it's spoken in the black community or in rap songs for example, but hogan admitted he is racist and voiced his disapproval of his daughter sleeping with a black man. There's no shades of grey there, by his own admission he is racist!

People's Champion

Status

I read an interview with Jerry Lawler defending Hogan and he says something like we as a society have become to politically correct. Hogans a great guy.

Yeah being upset with the N word is just being overly politically correct. What a asshole Lawler is.

I think its fine hes back in. I dont know if he should be on tv. If he is he should apologize on tv. When he told kids to say their prayers and take their vitamins....he said it to all kids and all kids looked up to him.

I don't blame any wrestlers not being comfortable with his presence. He let down a lot of people
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I actually kind of agree with some of the stuff that Jerry Lawler said in the sense that the world probably is to politically correct. Or at least to sensitive. With that being said, if there is enough people offended by it, in the position Hogan finds himself in, he probably has to change something or at least apologise.

My earlier comments regarding him not being on TV because he's a racist, more so because I just can't stand watching him these days.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    I actually kind of agree with some of the stuff that Jerry Lawler said in the sense that the world probably is to politically correct. Or at least to sensitive. With that being said, if there is enough people offended by it, in the position Hogan finds himself in, he probably has to change something or at least apologise.

My earlier comments regarding him not being on TV because he's a racist, more so because I just can't stand watching him these days.
    Cant agree with that at all. Theres nothing wrong with being sensitive towards others. Its a matter of respect for others.

From what Jerry said, i get that hes mad he cant yell puppies anymore .

Generally people that complain about the world becoming sensitive are people who want to call people faggots. In other words...bully others.

Of course saying derogatory words amongst friends is different than in public. Hogan had is privacy invaded but thats also the world you live being a celebrity. Its not a justification but you must be more cautious.

Also Lawler defended Hogan saying the N word and saying we are to politically correct. This isnt the 1960s Jerry

And i also need to practice that more as well. I called Stan a hillbillie in response to him calling me Pierre. I was wrong
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-19-2018 at 08:25 AM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Hogan being reinstated was inevitable but I'm just so turned off by how disingenuous everything he does is. His apologies have been him saying "you need to be careful what you say" when it should be "what I said was terrible, here's why it was bad and here's how I hope to better myself and make amends for what I said." If his apology to the locker room was filmed for the Network then the whole thing is just terrible and sad. Judging by his twitter it seems like he's more worried about getting the validation and attention from his fans than he is actually changing his mindset for the better.

Status

Jerry Lawler can get fucked.

Thread Information