Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hulk Hogan reinstated into WWE Hall of Fame

"Above Average"

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Hulk Hogan reinstated into WWE Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    But the issue at question isn't that he said the n word and only the n word and then everyone jumped to conclusions that he's racist. it's that he said 'I am racist, to a point, fucking n*****s' in a conversation about his daughter sleeping with a black man and him not being ok about it. You can say that word without being racist because like you say it's spoken in the black community or in rap songs for example, but hogan admitted he is racist and voiced his disapproval of his daughter sleeping with a black man. There's no shades of grey there, by his own admission he is racist!

You're right. It's my fault for not brushing up on the quotes more accurately before making my comments. I had forgotten most of what he said. I still choose to give him the benefit of the doubt until he shows more of the same kind of behavior.

It's like Mark Henry said this week on Busted Open. We need to see that Hogan has made an effort to change who he is. If something like this happens again, then all bets are off. But he has to make an effort to show people that he knows what he did was wrong and he has to make a conscious effort to make it right.

Status

Another major issue is Hogan isn't even taking responsibility for these statements, in front of a bunch off WWE people Hogan said he didn't know he was being recorded. And his first excuse was that he used that word all the time when he was growing up, which is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Another major issue is Hogan isn't even taking responsibility for these statements, in front of a bunch off WWE people Hogan said he didn't know he was being recorded. And his first excuse was that he used that word all the time when he was growing up, which is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard.
    I don't know if it's that dumb. It doesn't really excuse his behavior, but I think it does explain it. He grew up in a time when racist attitudes weren't really seen as such by the society at large.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    I don't know if it's that dumb. It doesn't really excuse his behavior, but I think it does explain it. He grew up in a time when racist attitudes weren't really seen as such by the society at large.
    If you actually go back to what he said originally he was trying to say oh when I grew up we called each other the name, and it had nothing to do with race. Basically he was trying to say there was no racial meaning behind the word when he was originally caught.

“It was a really rough neighborhood, very low income, and all my friends greeted each other saying that word,” he said. “The word was just thrown around like it was nothing.

“I would say that is very fair,” Hogan responded when asked if he inherited a racial bias. “The environment I grew up in, all my white friends, all my black friends, you hear the word on a daily basis. When they’d greet me in the morning, that’s what they’d say to me – ‘Good morning, so-and-so.’ I think that was part of the culture and environment I grew up in.”

Come on now that explanation is just silly.

Status

Yeah I'm just not buying any percent of this. He isn't coming off as remorseful at all. It's a case of him not being sorry about what he did, he's just sorry he got caught. If he doesn't think it's a big deal and something he should have to apologize for, that's his agenda. But WWE trying to pass it off like he's admitting guilt and trying to grow as a person is disingenuous and insulting to their black fans and employees.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Even if he grew up throwing the word around (calling other white people that? If he says so...), he’s had since, when, the late ‘70s of society ramming it into his head that you don’t call people ******s?

The talk about being overly PC would make sense if he was telling a joke, but he wasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    If you actually go back to what he said originally he was trying to say oh when I grew up we called each other the name, and it had nothing to do with race. Basically he was trying to say there was no racial meaning behind the word when he was originally caught.

“It was a really rough neighborhood, very low income, and all my friends greeted each other saying that word,” he said. “The word was just thrown around like it was nothing.

“I would say that is very fair,” Hogan responded when asked if he inherited a racial bias. “The environment I grew up in, all my white friends, all my black friends, you hear the word on a daily basis. When they’d greet me in the morning, that’s what they’d say to me – ‘Good morning, so-and-so.’ I think that was part of the culture and environment I grew up in.”

Come on now that explanation is just silly.
    Especially considering he used it in such a derogatory way. With an explanation like his you would think he just said it casually to a friend when saying hello. He used it in an incredibly racist and ugly way, even admitting himself to being racist. It's not just that he used the word, it's that he obviously has some issues not just with how he behaves but with how he views the world.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BD22 View Post
    Especially considering he used it in such a derogatory way. With an explanation like his you would think he just said it casually to a friend when saying hello. He used it in an incredibly racist and ugly way, even admitting himself to being racist. It's not just that he used the word, it's that he obviously has some issues not just with how he behaves but with how he views the world.
    To me if he hated her boyfriend he'd call him a scumbag, call him a piece of shit. Once you start saying racist shit, you know that's what is on his mind. I buy Hulk Hogan and his friends used racist terms when they were younger to each other, but honestly I don't see any white person jokingly saying that term around black people in any area of the country. I don't buy that for a second.

Status

I question them using hard r's with each other. That seems excessive. Do POC even do that? Isn't always with an a when using it like that?

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Thread Information