Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 Mae Young Classic Discussion Thread

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2018 Mae Young Classic Discussion Thread

Io/Zeuxis was good. Not long enough to be great. I hated commentary constantly butchering Zeuxis' name. I really liked their mirror match kind of theme with Zeuxis using the Moonsault & Io using the double knees.

Purazzo/Li was again good but not great. Purazzo's missing something though, I rescind putting her ahead of Jinny. Li not being in NXT already is quite a mystery. She's got everything it takes & if there was one person who truly broke out from this year it's Xia Li.

What happened to Nicole Matthews? Weak match with Tegan.

Anyone who thinks Kaitlyn isn't any good legit needs to be slapped upside the head. That match didn't rewrite the book by any means but they both worked what they were supposed to do perfectly. Kaitlyn kept up on the hand & sold the leg greatly which also set up the finish. This wasn't long enough to be great either but they got the great nearfall off the Spear & it was nice after watching so many modern matches it was nice to see one where it felt like the whole match mattered.
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Tegan is so overrated. I’ve been trying to watch as much as I can and the two I just haven’t been into is Lacey Lane and Tegan Nox and I don’t really care to see more matches from them.

Kaitlyn really made the most of her comeback. I was wrong.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

I would say the Kaitlyn/Mia match was the MOTN but not by a wide margin because I enjoyed Io and Deonna's wins more, but Kaitlyn's felt more like the match that was harder to call whereas they were straight forward. I'm not sure what she'll end up doing next, but how can you let Kaitlyn walk into another promotion after that, I think she was really good here, has a great look and charisma and would be a useful hand on main roster or NXT, all of which struggle for babyfaces that people actually like.

Nicole Matthews spent most of the tournament readjusting her gear, wouldn't be surprised if they had to edit around a legit nip slip or two. Tegan hasn't been good this tournament, so forced.

Much better performance from Zeuxis against Io than her round 1 match.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Io/Zexius was a pretty good match. Much better outing from Zexius. Same story with Li/Purazzo, pretty good match but not great. Nox/Matthews was meh for the most part. As for Kaitlyn/Mia, that was defo the MOTN and a really good showing for Kaityln who through her entire WWE run was pretty average. I would defo give her spot on NXT (mostly because the main roster would ruin her and NXT could easily use someone like her more)

Also just wanted to say that this years tourney has been x10 better than last years thus far, just on production and pacing alone.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Jesus. I knew it was coming but seeing Tegan crying on the apron "I can't do it again" while the whole place fell silent, was the saddest fucking thing.

When she comes back she's going to be so damn over as a babyface.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Aaland

Wasn't a nice thing to see was it , I knew a bit ahead off time , hopefully she comes back but it looked a really nasty injury , Nixon Newell/Teagan not was my fav up n coming young wrestler ,

Hope she will get back within a years time as if she can I think she might be a surprise winner for my 2019

Peace y'all.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Watching this latest episode now. Got to admit, out of all the matches in the tournament she has had. This battle between Meiko Satomura and Lacey Lane is one that defo has captured my curiosity. Lane clearly has a lot of potential and a great future ahead of herself. But there was no denying that Meiko was the right winner in this match. Although given more time I'd say that Lacey Lane could be a big name. Deonna vs Io is a match I've been anticipating, Io is my fave to win the entire tournament while Deonna has a fun watch throughout. Always love the suicide dive by Io Shirai. Thought this was a solid technical match. Glad Io got the win.

Nox vs Ripley is probably the first match where for me, the result wasn't a given. Could see both Ripley or Nox winning this. TBH with you I'd rather see Rhea Ripley advance as I've been very impressed with her in the tournament. That is such a horrific end to the match. Absolutely heart breaking to watch that happen to Tegan Nox especially on what was her good knee. Hopefully she can bounce back from this as IMO she has a lot of talent. Yim/Storm is a great main event imo. Both would be fantastic finalists for this tournament. Personally hoping that Yim is the one to advance. Thought this was a great match and it played well into the injury on Yim's hand. Enjoyed the contest and despite Mia not winning, no complaints with Storm winning. Can't wait for next week's show.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I thought the Show overall from Wednesday was a good one and easily one of the depressing things to see was Nox's injury. She worked so hard to get to that stage in her career and another injury pushed her back so sad to see. I don't know how she was able to run to the ropes in that moment clearly already injured before the Match was eventually stopped. You could tell Rhea wanted to cry for her, but had to stay in character both of those ladies should be gems for the WWE for years to come.

Yim/Storm was a good Main Event to watch and I loved the attention to detail with Mia playing up the Hand injury throughout the Tournament. Like I said good stuff all around in this one, and Toni is going to face Meiko next Round can't wait to see that again. In past Matches Meiko and Toni have gone the Technical route, and go into Brawler mode. I hope they go into straight Brawler Mode because those moments between the two will be lovely to watch let me tell ya. Meiko I gotta say it again brings out some hidden power or fire from her opponents almost Guru from DBZ bringing out the hidden strengths of Gohan and Krillin. Lane never looked as good in previous Matches and when she got into the Ring with Meiko she turned it up a notch during the Match which was great to see from her. I do say if Meiko wants to shake your hand...YOU BETTER DO IT!

Shirai/Purrazzo is what I thought I would see from both ladies. Man did that Suicide Dive from Io to Purrazzo sap all the strength from her when those two collided or what. Rhea vs Io is going to be a good contrast in styles and I expect a knockout of a Match because Io usually always does well with bigger and taller girls and I'm sure Rhea will look like a Million Bucks in that one.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Shoulda planned ahead

Status
      Country                    Ireland

That injury for Nox was hard to watch. I wouldn't be an emotional person, but her laying on the mat saying "I cant do this again" absolutely put a lump in my throat. I never played football again after ACL surgery (only played 5 a side games once a week; no big loss. I didn't put enough effort into the physio after the surgery and only have myself to blame too) so for her to go through that and come back and do her other knee is truly awful. From what I've read in the past though, it's not uncommon to blow out your other ACL after having the first one done. I know it happened with GSP for sure, and no doubt countless others. I hope she makes a full recovery, as checking out her post on Twitter, she messed her knee up badly.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’m not a fan of hers by any means, but man, that was a hard watch with Tegan’s injury. Say what you want about Full Sail, but it creates such an atmosphere. Couldn’t believe people were sobbing so hard.

Meanwhile Rhea Ripley is a STAR. I like her a lot.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status

Rhea did very well to stay in character while Tegan went down with the injury for the second time and everyone in the crowd went silent because these girls are pretty close and that must of been hard to watch and stay professional. I think a lot of us heard this news when the tapings happened so it's been a shadow over her matches in the entire tournament, but damn that was pretty heartbreaking to watch, especially when she said 'I can't do this again'. I think it's the saddest injury I've ever seen because it's the same type of injury that's gonna be another year long lay off in the tournament that was supposed to be the redemption for the last injury, her whole story was making up for lost time. The reports are that Tegan was supposed to win the tournament so fuck me that is unfortunate that she was going to be made a star for the future at Evolution.

Devils advocate...........don't shoot me........the tournament will be better without her because I hadn't really enjoyed her matches up to this point, whereas Rhea has been a very strong presence in this tournament with her bullying attitude and there needed to be at least one heel in the final four. Io Vs Rhea or Io Vs Tegan, I know what match I'd prefer to see in this tournament.

Toni Storm is so sloppy in her execution of these suplexes, she's really gonna injure someone bad one day. I know Zero doesn't like their stardom match, but they had a really good match in wXw a few weeks ago, so Meiko Vs Storm could be really good.

Oh also, booooooo at cramming 4 quarter final matches into one episode. I didn't mind it for the last round, but a lot of these matches could of been a lot better with the added time. The fucking talent they had in this final 8 and they had them working 10 minute matches.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Rhea did very well to stay in character while Tegan went down with the injury for the second time and everyone in the crowd went silent because these girls are pretty close and that must of been hard to watch and stay professional. I think a lot of us heard this news when the tapings happened so it's been a shadow over her matches in the entire tournament, but damn that was pretty heartbreaking to watch, especially when she said 'I can't do this again'. I think it's the saddest injury I've ever seen because it's the same type of injury that's gonna be another year long lay off in the tournament that was supposed to be the redemption for the last injury, her whole story was making up for lost time. The reports are that Tegan was supposed to win the tournament so fuck me that is unfortunate that she was going to be made a star for the future at Evolution.

Devils advocate...........don't shoot me........the tournament will be better without her because I hadn't really enjoyed her matches up to this point, whereas Rhea has been a very strong presence in this tournament with her bullying attitude and there needed to be at least one heel in the final four. Io Vs Rhea or Io Vs Tegan, I know what match I'd prefer to see in this tournament.

Toni Storm is so sloppy in her execution of these suplexes, she's really gonna injure someone bad one day. I know Zero doesn't like their stardom match, but they had a really good match in wXw a few weeks ago, so Meiko Vs Storm could be really good.

Oh also, booooooo at cramming 4 quarter final matches into one episode. I didn't mind it for the last round, but a lot of these matches could of been a lot better with the added time. The fucking talent they had in this final 8 and they had them working 10 minute matches.
    Yeah I know the Stardom Match Zero was talking about. The Match itself was okay, but I thought those ladies overthought things during the Match and it was everywhere, maybe this time around the Match will be better. I still think Toni's best Match of 2018 was versus Kagetsu for the Red Belt, where The Emperor finally took her Throne.

Real Women of Genius

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Aaland

** no spoilers ** i know who wins but ed i aint put it on mate as i dont wanba get a ban.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Watching this episode now and man what a match that was between Toni Storm and Meiko Satomura. Hands down that was one of the best matches in the whole tournament and without a doubt Meiko is the MVP of the tournament IMO. I knew it would come but I did dread the match that Meiko lost in this tournament. But when it was a banger like this I can't complain what so ever. Storm came off like a star and although I doubt it would happen. If there was a way for Meiko Satomura to have a WWE run after this, I would be fucking down for it as she's amazing. Io/Rhea is a match between two of my personal faves in this tournament. I stand by my pick that Io wins this years tournament. Same time Ripley/Storm would be a dope final. Another fantastic match and I'm thrilled Io won this. Ripley is defo going to be a star though. The reunion between Kairi/Io was great. Can't wait for the finals

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Toni Storm vs Meiko Satomura was good as a expected. Meiko can make anyone look good but Storm delivered here unlike the rest of the tournament. It was a good match but that's all it was. It was a good match with each other kicking out of each others finishers (including the Scorpion Rising, ughhh) and I know that's WWE telling you "THIS IS A GREAT MATCH, WE HAVE KICK OUTS. WHAT AN EPIC" but this was not that at all. Glad Meiko Satomura didn't win this tbh. Don't want her joining WWE, she did what she needed to do and she was awesome in doing that. Definitely the MVP of the tournament and it's not even a contest. Storm's promo was bad as well (nothing new).

Io Shirai vs Rhea Ripley was awesome. Loved Ripley and her aggressive attacks on the hips/pelvis of Io. She plays the gimmick so well and it shows in her wrestling. Very methodical (and not in the HHH way). She meshed well with Io who made some awesome comebacks as well (although her selling could've been better).

Also, Beth Phenoix's commentary was awful on this show. Constant stumbling over her words. Didn't add anything positive to the commentary, at least Cole can tell the story of the match.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Once again I'm one proud Papa seeing all these ladies who Trains I was apart of knocking outta the park throughout the tourney. I thought Meiko/Toni was a better Match this time around then the past Matches I've seen from them especially on the Toni Storm side. You can't try to convince me that Toni can outwrestle Meiko in any situation, I'm glad they got off that Bus and went into the Brawling which both are downright nasty when it gets to that point. I wasn't upset about the multiple finisher kickouts it's bound to happen in such a Match like this, but Meiko showed the world what is Women's Wrestling all about and why you should be watching it outside of the States. Toni gets the huge in and you might be calling her the Joshi KILLA if she beats Io Shirai Sunday.

Io Shirai vs Rhea Ripley was another good battle between two contrast of styles in the Ring. Rhea is going to the female Bam Bam Bigelow just you wait guys. I liked how Rhea was shocked Io was taking all that pain from her and kept battling, as Io was impressed Rhea was giving her so much trouble more than any other lady she faced in the previous rounds. I can't lie in saying I started to tear up when Kairi entered in the Ring to congratulate Io for reaching the finals. Best friends and the best of enemies in the Ring, in the WWE it's still mind fucking to me that these ladies are in the WWE after me watching them with Stardom the past three years. It's really a toss up to me who wins Sunday, WWE's NXT UK Show I imagine will be centered around Toni whether or not she wins the Women's Title or not, as Io is heading to NXT to start her new journey. Imagine if Evolution Io attacks Kairi whether or not she beats Toni?!

Real Women of Genius

WAKE UP

Status

so what has been the best match of the tourney (so far)? I've only watched the Meiko matches and for me it was either the Storm match or Killer Kelly one.

THE MAN

Status

I legitimately think Meiko's 3 matches have been the top 3 matches, but Rhea Vs Io was really good this week. I actually think Rhea's been the big plus from this tournament, Meiko's great but WWE don't have her beyond the tournament, but Rhea has really developed into a good heel who knows how to use her size advantage.

Storm Vs Matsumoto was pretty good too.

Thread Information