Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back in Business XIII Promo Discussion Thread

Underdog

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Back in Business XIII Promo Discussion Thread

I'm actually real life sorry for my promos. This time it felt like utter garbage to me when I wrote them. Starr's especially.

I don't know what more I can do, what new areas I can put him in, what new ways I can present him. I try saying something new and I end up regurgitating the same old shit. I had nothing against Cyrus, and I had nothing against Bell.

I'm running on empty with Starr. It feels incredibly weird for me to say that because he's been my character that's ran the longest.

Izzy I feel less bad about, but I still feel I turned in an inferior product.
    Last edited by ONAMStar; Yesterday at 01:08 AM.

------------------------

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

I hadn’t thought about connecting the two promos despite doing that in the past. I had the idea for Penny to speak to classroom of school children but then I remembered it’s summer time, and that school is out so that wouldn’t have made much sense so I went for the formal speech like concept instead. The idea of a PowerPoint presentation popped into my head when I began to write so I went with it.

For Randall I was kind of stuck for ideas but I wanted it to be serious and just have him go off on Toner, that’s what came out of it in the end and I was content with it although I do feel it could have been slightly better imo. I sprinkled in little things like smoking of the cigarette and drinking, vices of Toner, and the old man as a symbol of his future. I don’t know if it’ll work but it is what it is.
    Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

ozzyozyakup10

Status
      Country                    Turkey

At last, my promo is done... and it's a recap episode. Best of luck to Tom, whose promo I'm going to read tomorrow because right now I need a sleep.
    Last edited by Oz; 07-16-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    I hadn’t thought about connecting the two promos despite doing that in the past. I had the idea for Penny to speak to classroom of school children but then I remembered it’s summer time, and that school is out so that wouldn’t have made much sense so I went for the formal speech like concept instead. The idea of a PowerPoint presentation popped into my head when I began to write so I went with it.

For Randall I was kind of stuck for ideas but I wanted it to be serious and just have him go off on Toner, that’s what came out of it in the end and I was content with it although I do feel it could have been slightly better imo. I sprinkled in little things like smoking of the cigarette and drinking, vices of Toner, and the old man as a symbol of his future. I don’t know if it’ll work but it is what it is.

I tried the powerpoint presentation idea at Carnal Contendership a couple years ago with Dave. I was so proud of it and honestly thought it was one of my most creative concepts yet. But I got absolutely knocked down and grilled on it in reviews and grading because it was "too listy". A promo I thought as one of my personal bests again didn't come out that way.

Maybe it'll work out better for you though.

Here's the one I wrote

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthrea...post2103689854

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Well fuck. The coding messed up the lyrics to the Sipi Tau I posted!

Aaron Kendrick

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Roo's View Post
    Aaron Kendrick:

Who the fuck are you? This is good stuff. Great setting. Very descriptive.

I hope you continue with the conversations with God. It's very unique, very unorthodox. Sets you apart. Don't overkill it but sprinkling those in is a great way to breach a topic and provide some character depth.

I haven't read anything about your bio but if God is a focal point of the character then good job. Good character. And a good promo.

Thank you sir, I really appreciate the words. The character of Aaron kendrick is someone who is going through a breakdown psychologically. He’s giving up on everything he ever believed in out of frustration and lack of success. And this breakdown has begun to overtake him and allow him to believe he is something greater than the ordinary man. He truly believes he is becoming a God, hence why he refers to himself as “The Great I Am.” And with this promo, I was really going for something different. Not the typical “I’m going into a match with three other guys and here’s who they are and here’s why I’m winning.” I wanted to focus on my story and show people who he is and show people why he’s going to win instead of telling them why he’s going to win.

If I lose, no big deal. I got what I wanted our of the character development. If I win, even better. It will give me a lot more ammo to use in my future promos. It was a ton of fun and I’m really anxious to see how it turned out for everyone.

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

Just want to apologize for missing this. I’m extremely sick right now (right after going away for 4 days) which is why I haven’t been posting in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

as always, the mods are busy getting the show up but i wanted to drop a note with massive props to the bunch of promos we received for BIB. we wanted everyone to bring it and for the most part yall did. wont say who yet, but someone just received my first ever perfect 10/10 in the "character work/logic category", which is exactly what i was hoping for when it comes to BIB. bravo and well done to everyone who promoed, and the show will be up ASAP

Thread Information